[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the actual fuck is the Vive library

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: OculusCustom.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
OculusCustom.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>Have Oculus
>Admire Vive lighthouse tracking
>Hear "it has more games"
>Go looking at Vive library on Steam
>Wave shooter
>Wave shooter
>"Experience"
>Monster maze
>Novelty simulator
>Wave shooter
>"Experience"
>Wave shooter
>Wave shooter
>Wave shooter

No wonder I keep seeing plebs complaining that "VR has no full games". They associate VR entirely with the Vive and have only looked at what's available on Steam.

Meanwhile, on Oculus:

>Landfall
>Preta: Vendetta Rising
>Subnautica
>A Mage's Tale
>DiRT Rally
>Arizona Sunshine
>Lone Echo
>Star Trek Bridge Crew
>Witchblood
>The Climb
>Superhot
>Loading Human
>Narcosis
>Eagle Flight
>Anshar 2
>Detatched
>Blazerush
>Battle Zone
>Dead Secret
>Nevermind
>Damaged Core
>Sublevel Redux
>Wilson's Heart
>Edge of Nowhere
>Airmech Command
>Radial G
>Darknet
>Ethan Carter
>Tethered
>Albino Lullaby
>Technolust
>Cosmic Trip
>Thumper
>Robinson: The Journey
>Feral Rites
>Chronos
>Lucky's Tale
>Fated
>Dragon Front
>Windlands
>Adr1ft
>Herobound: Spirit Champion
>Obduction
>Eve Valkyrie

Say what you want about any of these, but they are actual games. Most of them are on Steam too, they're just buried under an avalanche of Wii Sports style 5 minute gimmicks that give people a bad impression of VR.
>>
>>384853687
yea the oculus and psvr are paying gorillions of dollars to prevent game devs from releasing their games on vive in order to keep their shitty hardware alive. The problem with this is that they are going to ruin VR as a whole. PSVR is literally muddy textures and the oculus has shit virtual reality controls. Luckily there is still a chance for VR to live since a lot of it is just timed exclusives and they will release for all platforms.
>>
>>384853687
>Pleather
Oh god.
>>
File: thatswhereyourewrong.jpg (45KB, 750x591px) Image search: [Google]
thatswhereyourewrong.jpg
45KB, 750x591px
>>384853925

If they wanted to keep those games off Vive, they would disable ReVive. All of those games are ones which never would have been made without Oculus money. They are the ones funding the development of the rich, full games people have been hungry for, out of their own pocket.

>the oculus has shit virtual reality controls

Haha, really? You're saying the Vive dildos are superior to Touch, the comfiest controllers since Gamecube?
>>
>>384853925

>PSVR is literally muddy textures

Worse than the Vive? I played around with one and nothing was particularly sharp though the resolution is so poor Id practically need to be virtually pressing my face up against walls to note much difference
>>
>>384854135

This. Vive is like looking at legos.
>>
>>384853687
You can play literally every Oculus game on the Vive anyway you fucking retard. Grats on buying your inferior product lul
>>
>>384854186
..? so then stop playing legos VR
>>
>>384854096
>arguing for exclusivity
>in an already niche expensive hardware market
you don't need to go that far to see it die mate, it was never alive
>>
>>384854262

With a hack, a separate headphone cable, and while holding two black dildos
>>
>>384854353

I'm not arguing for exclusivity. I'm saying Oculus is the one paying out the ass to make sure VR succeeds during the shaky early days, while Valve leeches off them.
>>
>>384854376
Woah, I have to install a piece of software (minimal effort), get to choose which headphones I like to use (or use the new strap with built in headphones). Controller criticism is pointless. Become a dev and get prototype knuckles if it bothers you that much (they're really fucking good). Tough stuff if you're a retard, I agree. FWIW I have both Oculus and Vive (am a dev) and Vive > Oculus every day of the week.

Only people who disagree are retards who bought Oculus and have buyer's remorse.
>>
>>384854985
>or use the new strap with built in headphones

Is that free?

>get to choose which headphones I like to use

You're saying the Rift ones are low quality?

>Controller criticism is pointless

Because you can't defend the wands over Touch.

>Become a dev and get prototype knuckles if it bothers you that much (they're really fucking good)

I know, I have the Touch controllers they're a copy of.

>FWIW I have both Oculus and Vive (am a dev) and Vive > Oculus every day of the week.

A timestamped pic would be cool. I'll just wait patiently over here, surely you will deliver.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.