[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good GDQ runs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: p97zc7Q.png (722KB, 557x555px) Image search: [Google]
p97zc7Q.png
722KB, 557x555px
So I'm not big into speedruns - I've just never understood why they're entertaining. I asked for some suggestions and overwhelmingly was told to check out this one, Bonesaw's 2016 run. People were claiming it was the last time GDQ was fun and utterly hilarious.

It is by far the most annoying thing I could possibly watch. I made it through it, but ALL it was was fucking Owen Wilson "WOW....WOW" impressions and some sleep-deprived autist just LOLOL GUYZ CLAPPING IS FUNNY GUYZ. He apparently wasn't even doing a good run of the game either.

So I'm trying again - are there any good runs I can watch? I'd like to see something that's entertaining to watch (and not just LOLOL I'M SO TIRED LOL OWEN WILSON).
>>
Anyone? Maybe something that's educational about the game being run?
>>
I always found Super Mario 64 runs to be enjoyable. I know it's a generic choice, but each time someone runs it I always see something different and unique.
>>
>>384852083
Any ones in particular that are good? I've noticed that more than the game, the couch or runner have to be good. Like I love Paper Mario as a series, but some of the runs the couch is just...totally mute and that's not fun either.
>>
>>384852183
You're looking for LPs then Anon. Speedruns are just fun to watch for the glitches, perfected runs, and alternate non-intended routes. The runner himself being actually entertaining is just a cherry on top and also a rarity within the community. Most runners are cringey and rely too heavily on their inside jokes within their own streams.
>>
The reason say bonesaw's run was "fun" was because they always feel like AGDQ is becoming more and more strict so the moment one run breaks the mold they always act like its the best shit ever.
I've always been a fan of the halo runs, my favorite being Halo 2 last AGDQ: twitch.tv(slash)videos(slash)113837699?t=28h28m19s
I'm linking the VODs because the youtube video I found had shit audio, as >>384852083 says Mario 64 is a good speed game because the movement is really refined and you can tell/see the runners are really good at the game. Usually the same goes for most mario speedruns
>>
>>384852480
Maybe so...there was an LP of Conker's Bad Fur Day that was run by the developers themselves - they were getting drunk and talking about the development process. It was fascinating to watch even though they were garbage at their own game. They never finished it though

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbRUl7dkRVPKlYiUq4TmEaQ
>>
>>384852628
I would've loved for them to finish it, it'd be interesting to find out what the fuck was going through their heads when they made that ending.
>>
I like watching Symphony of the Night runs, but I don't know if that's your kind of thing.
AGDQ had a good run of Super Dram World, which is a Super Mario World hack inspired by Kaizo World.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZU_Jksw8WE
This summer had another cool SMW hack, Super Panga World, and the run itself was pretty good but the couch was cracking terrible pun after terrible pun and that kind of ruined it for me. Not even the kind of pun that's terrible but you smile and chuckle once, the puns just sucked.
>>
>>384851847
>not enjoying a man's dissent into madness being presented live to the world

Also they only really talk about owen wilson in the second half
>>
>>384851847
pic unrelated
>>
>>384853305
Yeah, I tried the Penga run - it was cool as a game, absolutely, but it seemed like they were TRYING to be funny, through the puns, which just kind of made it awful? It's like, I understand wanting to entertain people, as one who wants to be entertained, but I'm also just confused if they're aware they don't need to be a "personality"
>>
>>384853630
It's absolutely related. They run the game in Japanese and say it's anime, like Naruto and Pikachu finding Owen Wilson's car keys.
>>
>>384853814
>They run the game in Japanese and say it's anime
haha because anime is japanese that's hilarious XD
>>
>>384853863
That's kind of part of my issue with their run. If you look at comments about it, everything is overWHELMINGLY positive about it, how it's bullshit they got told to not submit a run this year, how things are never as fun as they used to be...

but it's just not funny.
>>
>That moment when Werster got legitimately triggered because no one liked his run of that japanese-only Pingu game
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.