[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PAX West 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: paxresdefault.jpg (488KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
paxresdefault.jpg
488KB, 800x600px
Anyone else going in September? I just got my badges in the mail today and I'm flying in from the Midwest to Seattle for my first gaming con. So pumped!

For those who have gone in previous PAX West/PAX Prime, how was your experience?
>>
Never been to West/Prime, but I've been to East 3 times.

It's quite a bit of fun, but be prepared to stand in line for 4 hours for anything more significant than literally-who indies. Avoid the panels like the plague, 95% of them are either dull as fuck or pure cancer. Don't bother buying food, they often have 5 hour energy shot samples, and I've found that 2 of them are enough to power the average person through the day.

Hopefully the arcade guys will be there, playing the MvC2 cab against randoms was fun as fuck.
>>
>>384847956
I'm ready for the standing-in-line-for-hours part. I never skip leg day in the gym for that reason. Lol. I will be sure to plan way ahead and look at the schedule.

I'm not interested in attending the panels anyway, so that works. I'll probably just wait for YouTube recordings of panels I'm slightly interested in to go live.

I've been going to different cons and I always bring 2 burritos with me that I buy before heading into the expo. I always make it a point to steer clear of expensive con food.

Thanks for the tips, my dude!
>>
I've been going to Prime for about 5 years now I think? I'm not sure if I'll go this year as it certainly used to be better when it was a little smaller. I live in the area so getting passes is usually not an issue, but I do remember when you could buy them at the venue still.

You'll want to check out the Saturday night concerts. Check who is playing, but there is usually a handful that are worth waiting to see. I can't stress attending the concerts enough as that is usually my only reason to go these days.

Don't blow all your time waiting for AAA game demos and instead check out the indies and the free play rooms. The lines for those games can easily reach an hour or more. If you're into tabletop or board games at all there is usually a nice section of the event to check out as well.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.