[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the complaints justified or just nintenautists being too nitpicky?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: MLSS_BM_boxart.jpg (281KB, 1200x1096px) Image search: [Google]
MLSS_BM_boxart.jpg
281KB, 1200x1096px
Are the complaints justified or just nintenautists being too nitpicky?
>>
The latter.
>>
It's autism, however the remake still doesn't seem to be adding or changing enough of worth to justify buying it over playing the original if you already own it.
>>
>a fanbase partly unable to move on from the first game and willingly ignoring its flaws
>now complaining about said game's remake because they dared to make it look on-model
You tell me.
>>
File: 1500247199012.jpg (44KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500247199012.jpg
44KB, 405x720px
>>384846416
The funny part is that it's inconsistent. The Koopa Troopa variants got redesigned, but the Dry Bones stayed the same.
>>
>>384846205
It's a perfectly fine remake.
Don't listen to rose-tinted goggles nostalgiafags.
>>
Paper Mariofags are trying to create a divide between Mario & Luigibros by creating fake news shitstorms because they can't enjoy Paper Mario anymore, so they don't want M&L to be enjoyed either.
>>
>>384846597
Probably to keep the same actual attacks. Unlike the KTs who all go into their shells to attack, Dry Bones spins its head out.
>>
>>384846597
Just for the moveset it had from the original. The modern Dry Bones can't do what the GBA one could, whereas the Troopea doesn't really need to be on all-fours for its attacks.
>>
>>384846205
The "extended" version of the Battle Theme pisses me off

Pretty much my only genuine complaint
>>
>>384846989
Is it the new part of it?

I have a feeling Yoko is going to add more original segments to the remixes to steer away from the music repetitiveness that was tolerated on the GBA.
>>
>>384847170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjs_63wEOAM

Yes. No clue why people hated the Paper Jam rendition, I actually appreciated it.
>>
>>384847359
The Paper Jam remix was missing a few parts
>>
File: marioluigisss_wallp_1920.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
marioluigisss_wallp_1920.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>384847359
every time i listen to this it grows more on me, plus im sure when it's actually playing in battle it'll be better.
right now it's looking like the remake is going to be really good. only a couple things, like the koopas not having helmets, bothers me
>>
>>384847652
>like the koopas not having helmets
the sprite changes are my only complaint as well really, the new style looks fantastic on mario and luigi and the extra animations they have bring out their personalities more.
i like that they're making QoL changes like cutscene fast forwarding, allowing you to select which overworld move you want to use with the touchscreen, and making tutorials option.
if they can balance the game better, and add some content like the boss battle rings and challenge rings, i think this remake will be golden.
>>
>>384847359
Paper Jam was more or less the first time I heard the theme and I loved it.
>>
>>384848462
I think boss battle ring is essentially guaranteed. Maybe at the coliseum in the woods?
>>
>>384848579
i always forget about that coliseum in the woods with the snails. i feel like they'll just put it in bean bean castle or bean bean castle town.
>>
Unironically how possible is Paper Mario DX? Intelligent Systems just finished making Fire Emblem Echoes and Superstar Saga DX might be the final push they need
>>
>>384849710
Hard to tell. Sticker Star selling well it's the reason why Color Splash became a thing in the first place, which is odd considering how divisive the game is.
>>
>>384849710
they said they'd be up for it if i'm remembering that one gamexplain interview correctly. though i think they may some changes to the originals artstyle which people will hate.
>>
>>384849710
I wouldn't expect it.

>>384849913
No, they claim they started on CS pretty much as soon as SS was finished before any sales numbers came in.
>>
File: (´・ω・`).jpg (12KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
(´・ω・`).jpg
12KB, 600x398px
>>384849913
>>384849954
>nintendo remakes Paper Mario and C&Ds the Paper Mario texture mod in the works
>nintendo remakes TTYD on Switch
>new Paper Mario in the original style 3-4 years down the line
>>
>>384849913
>Sticker Star selling well it's the reason why Color Splash became a thing in the first place
No it isn't. Tanabe's preference to leave RPG mechanics was.
>>
Samus Returns proves that they listen, it'll just take years because making games is hard.
>>
>>384847359
Daily reminder that the first part in this video is cut off and if you want to listen to the loop from the start it begins at 0:50.
>>
>>384850204
hahahaha
>>
>>384846404
What this anon said. It's almost too faithful while looking more hideous (Except Bowser who looked like shit out of battle).
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.