[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey v Im the anon that started this game last week and said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: download (9).jpg (6KB, 257x144px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
6KB, 257x144px
hey v
Im the anon that started this game last week and said threaded cane was cool.
Having a blast so far but one thing about this game triggers my autism.
>wut the hell are chalice dungeons all about?
I know there to get gem stones. But what effects what dungeon you get? Are they randomly generated? What do different chalices do? What does offering different things do? Someone halp
>>
>>384844408
Root Chalices are always the same, they have their own "questline", but otherwise serve no purpose. All others are random, or I have that backwards, it's been a while.
Different chalices are harder depending on the depth.
Offerings can increase the difficulty of enemies, but also increase chance of getting cool shit.
>>
I played it because of 'story elements' but these were few and far between.

I played with no online so I couldnt even do all of them. I was required to recollect those hard to aquire materials and use them up in hopes i would get the right drops. If i didnt Id be shit out of luck. Online you can just copy other plays dungeons all day and hold out for your drops.
>>
Chalices are bullshit meant for masochists.
>>
>>384844408
What's your current weapon? Still using cane?
>>
>>384844408
The chalice type affects which area you're in (Pthumeru, Loran, Isz, or Hintertomb) and each different area affects which shape your gems will be (radial, waning, triangle, and radial, respectively).
Randomly generated dungeons only show up if you use a root chalice, the others have a set layout. >>384844817 is wrong on that part, but right about the rest.
Sinister chalices also allow you to be invaded, but outside of fight clubs, they're worthless.
Chalice dungeons are also completely optional. They have no effect on the main game other than the neat stuff you occasionally find in them, mainly gems.
>>
>>384844408
>But what effects what dungeon you get?
theres 4 main chalice dungeons, each one harder than the one before, and each main dungeon has around 1-4 sub dungeons. you need the specific chalice to get the specific dungeon, as well as the offerings it requires
>Are they randomly generated?
no, not the non-root chalices at least
>What do different chalices do?
if you mean the actual chalice item, that determines what chalice dungeon you open.
>What does offering different things do?
those are just the items required to open a chalice dungeon
>>
>>384844408
There's fixed dungeons and then root dungeons, the fixed ones stay the same and the root ones are random gen. You can get gems, tweaked weapons that are the same except different gem slots, more ritual materials, and lots of generic consumable items from them. Also tons and tons of blood echoes. And the Beast Claws.

Different offerings buff the enemies inside but give better rewards like higher % gems.

Oh and at the bottom of all the Pthumerian chalices is a boss you need for a secret trophy, if you're a cheevo whore.
>>
>>384845468
This.

It's mostly padding but there is some lore associated with the Chalice Dungeons.

You'll fight enemies and bosses not available in the rest of the game and get decent gems for it. There is a messenger shop on some of the levels that have versions of your weapons but with different gem slots.

It's also pretty easy to coop when you buy the item for it as the coop search will pull you into any game where you have the chalice unlocked.

Overall I liked the CDs but they aren't really required. The root chalices can be really bad because of the random generation, stick to the shared fixed ones or only play glyphs that are recommended.
>>
>>384847159
also:

If you are having problems with blood echos, consumables, or insight just place the chalice dungeons and you'll rack everything up pretty quickly.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.