[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games where the creators deliberately tried to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: 50953188.jpg (85KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
50953188.jpg
85KB, 520x520px
What are some games where the creators deliberately tried to piss off the fanbase?
>>
>>384841973
MGS2
>>
DmC: devil may cry
>>
This was a drastic improvement over Sticker Star and a decent game.
>>
File: Siege-of-Dragonspear-640x480.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Siege-of-Dragonspear-640x480.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>>
>>384841973
>Miyamoto getting old, The Game!

He has a huge distaste for storys in videogames for some reason. Almost all story elements in his games were sneaked in by based Yoshiaki Koizumi
>>
>>384844903
>He has a huge distaste for storys in videogames for some reason
>Star Fox Zero ships with a half hour cartoon
>>
>>384844738
>This was a drastic improvement over Sticker Star
It really wasn't. It introduces problems that SS never had. Like having cards in a single line (SS had a grid) and having to paint cards every single turn.
And it doesn't fix SS issues like no partners, attacks as consumable items, and every NPC being a fucking Toad.
>>
>>384844738
>and a decent game
Yeah sure but an awful paper mario game
>>
>>384845090
There were a decent amount of Shy Guy and Snifit NPC's
>>
>>384845007
>Star Fox Zero was partially made with Platinum Games

http://kotaku.com/5964444/miyamoto-convinced-the-people-behind-paper-mario-sticker-star-to-ditch-the-story

(I know it's Kotaku, but still)
>>
>>384845007
Star Fox Zero also reuses its plot from 20 years ago, SF0 is less of a game and more of a tech demo
>>
>>384841973
still love this game
really charming shit, hilarious how even the worst of nintendo's games still have more charm than anything i can find on my ps4
>>
>>384845370
Considering the writing of modern nintendo games, i'm starting to believe miyamoto might've been right about having no faith in their writing team.
>>
>>384844738

I'm going to play devils advocate here and say Sticker Star was actually the better game

Navigating your Sticker is a fuck ton easier than shitty battle cards that can't be organized

Also I liked not knowing who the boss was going to be even if it was going to be generic

Fighting Giant Ice Statue, reducing it to find out it's a crown crazy Mr Fucking Freezy was cool compared to knowing your going to fight another fucking Koopaling

Also you had both Bowser Jr and Kamek constantly coming being represented really nicely
>>
>>384844738
It would've been fine had they completely axed the combat system. Not only is it somehow more cumbersome than Sticker Star's, it's still entirely pointless and it bogs down the entire game while they otherwise stepped up the writing, level design, variety and pacing. I think overall it's a better game than Sticker Star and also better than Super Paper Mario in some aspects, but at least the combat in the latter had a tangible purpose even though it was lame as shit.
>>
>>384845370

That doesn't prove anything

Miyamoto personally doesn't think MARIO needs story

Otherwise he's fine giving Star Fox and Pikmin 3( people conveniently forget about was fully written by him) story

Obviously it's a subjective opinion, but your also allowed to reject him, just like Alpha Dream did with Dream Team
>>
>>384845472
You don't own a PS4, stop lying.
>>
Tanabe needs to be lynched

He wanted the exp system gone

When Miyamoto asked to try to keep things in the Mario World, Tanabe had an autism attack and suddenly thought the only Mario characters were Toads

Mario and Luigi Paper Jam has neat half the Fucking roster being Paper versions of Mario enemies and yet they STILL use more variety in the Mario World than Tanabe did in the Span of both Sticker Star and Color Splash

This man is the real problem
>>
>>384846451
Hopefully he'll be too busy with Metroid Prime 4 to shit up the next Paper Mario.
>>
>>384846451
>and suddenly thought the only Mario characters were Toads
This I don't get

I mean at the very least, where are the Bob-Omb Buddies? They were good-guy NPCs too.
>>
File: 250px-Metalgear2boxart.jpg (28KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Metalgear2boxart.jpg
28KB, 250x354px
I can't really think of a bigger ruse in gaming desu at least until Death Stranding inevitably gets revealed as Silent Hills
>>
>>384846203
im back, and i actually do, lmao. the most enjoyment i got out of it was persona 5, and that shit was a 7/10 at best
>>
>>384846451

This

I imagine how things could've been if we had a traditional Paper Mario game set in the Mario World that stretches the property as much as it can

Things would've been much different than now
>>
Paper Mario became what it is because Intelligent has moved their major studios to exclusive do Fire Emblem now

Leaving the C Team with Tanabe who also don't have a spine to not realize they didn't need to listen to Miyamoto's suggestion
>>
>>384849375
They should just let Paper Mario die with what little dignity it has left.

SPM was the turning point.
>>
File: How to not make a fallout game.png (233KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
How to not make a fallout game.png
233KB, 400x400px
This game pisses me off to the point that I'll make Columbine shooting look like kids play (metaphorically).
I'm not trying to be sound mean by typing this but the game is literally made for idiots. There is no Karma system,
there is no real dialogue options but pick the same answer in different tones, voice acting instead of reading, no
real role play in a POST NUCLEAR ROLE PLAYING GAME, piper, settlements (would've been good if they actually fix it
and added better looking structures then 99% walls with holes in em), mods since it made bestheda even more like to
create fallout 4, that awful story about finding your wifes son not trying to be /pol/ here but if you pick any other skin color
for both character genders you baby will still by brown even if your characters are white so I'm guessing your wife cheated on you,
The story line is just same basic as Fallout 3 but instead of looking for you Liam Neeson you're looking for your wifes son again not
being /pol/ (what else would you call it?), giving characters full backround instead of letting you use your imagination (I know the other
games have set ups in the beginning of the games like fallout 2 where you're in a tribe but doesn't tell you that you're a doctor or mechanic
but in 4 they give you a full package of the dad being a veteran and the mom being a laywer (that explains the cheating too), They fuck up
a chance to show what the world is like pre-bombing by forcing you to stay in the house. That whole uninteresting beginning part, kellog who?,
institution who?, railroad who, replace power-armor training with fusion cores, settlements are basically mobile phone base building app
(in basic terms for people who don't play games), speech check is fucked and boring, no traits, can literally have low int and have lots of luck
to use idiot savant and level up faster then normal, no consequences in the game, no enclave quest (armor doesn't even make up for it).
>>
>>384849521

I mean let's be honest here

It was very clear after TTYD that the team had an interest in the 2D sections and decided to make a full game out of it with the Paper Mario charm and writing. And it made sense to them since TTYD was a pretty big game

Intelligent was in a very serious position where if Awakening didn't sell, Nintendo was going to can the series so they needed all major hands on deck
>>
>>384841973
Any game with radical design changes from the previous entries. Also any modern game with a sassy black woman with a big dumb afro.
>>
>>384844738
Go back to GameXplain
>>
>>384849781
The pipe pistol ejects bullet casing TOWARD YOUR FACE, synths in general are boring and non threatening, writing for the game feels as if it's written for morons to understand.
That's basically it and all. maybe.
>>
The fact that this E3 for Bethesda was literally shoving Skyrim everywhere it possibly can, even ironically with Elder Scrolls Online
>>
File: tomm.png (237KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tomm.png
237KB, 1000x1000px
>>384841973
>>
File: TheBitBlock.jpg (1MB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
TheBitBlock.jpg
1MB, 1536x864px
>>384850179
Be glad he's not defending Sticker Star itself.
>>
>>384841973
Mario was never good
>>
File: 943.jpg (14KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
943.jpg
14KB, 600x338px
>>384849781
>FO3 has retarded simplistic story where you are looking for your father
>FO4 is exactly the same except you are looking for your son who is older than you and called father
>>
>>384850382
The three things he says about Silent Hill 2 were all 100% true.

The voice acting was shit, there is nothing threatening about the monsters, and the controls were terrible.
>>
>>384850623
pyramid head and abstract daddies were threatening mechanically, all monsters are threatening visually. Controls are fine and the voice acting does exactly what it's meant to do, even if it's shit the new voice acting was way worse objectively. The best example is Mary/Maria completely botching the inflection of her dialogue with James in the prison cell. Also keep in mind that literally every game Huelett touched besides Shattered Memories (which he barely did anything on) is completely irredeemable atrocious garbage.
>>
File: 42-nah-nah.gif (2MB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
42-nah-nah.gif
2MB, 500x307px
>>384850981
>pyramid head and abstract daddies were threatening mechanically,

Now you KNOW that isn't true.
>>
>>384851246
>easy first encounter
wew lad, he's fucking scary throughout the game. He pokes you fast with his spear and nearly one-shots you and in the labyrinth he just shows up around corners and it's fucking scary. When he suddenly silently appears out of nowhere in Brookhaven and chases you it's one of the scariest parts. The main point though is that even if everything he said was true, all his games have the same problems and more but far, far worse.
>>
File: header.jpg (59KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
59KB, 460x215px
>>384841973
>added one anti-player feature after another
Killed the community, game faded into obscurity, nothing they tried could save it
>>
>>384841973
>Deliberately

It's not deliberate if you're actually as deluded as Tanabe.

That or Nippon fans actually have shit taste.
>>
>>384852525
but DD is still fun??
>>
>>384848803
Gravity Rush 2 has way more "charm" than Color Trash
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.