[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was it so good, and why was MKX worse in every way?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: mk2010_cover_001_5771.png (178KB, 296x305px) Image search: [Google]
mk2010_cover_001_5771.png
178KB, 296x305px
Why was it so good, and why was MKX worse in every way?
>>
said no one ever
>>
>>384840679
The cast fucking sucked in MKX. Story was also much worst.
>>
Better roster and more interesting stages
>>
>>384840815
>The cast fucking sucked in MKX.

It wasn't as good as 9's but it was far from bad. Kotal and Erron are some of the best character concepts the series has had, Cassie is a good combination of her parents traits, and takeda's fighting style is pretty cool.

If you removed Johnny, Sonya (since cassie has the best elements of both) Kung-jin, and Noob Saibot, Fujin, Rain, and rework jackie to actually be interesting by making her go full gundam heavyarms with tons of guns strapped to an exoskeleton instead of just a power arm, and make her and takeda less insufferable, the cast would be great
>>
>>384840679
>graphics somehow worse at times
>character design fucking awful
>new characters are awful except Takeda and Erron
>story sucked
>muh "young, new kids save the day with the power of friendship"
>character variations sucked and watered down the characters as a result
>dlc up the ass
>half the dlc are horror movie villains instead of just making a slasher fighting game
>fatalities are all basically stupid
>>
Replacing team/tag mechanics with stage interactables was a shitty idea.
>>
Kombat Kids were boring and the story was weak
New villains were good though
>>
File: kotalkahnfuckingreally.jpg (154KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
kotalkahnfuckingreally.jpg
154KB, 401x372px
>>384841357
>kotal kahn
>awful

How can one person be this wrong
>>
>MKX is worse.
>When MKX has Tremor.
Your opinion is wrong.
>>
File: Best Girl.jpg (289KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl.jpg
289KB, 1024x1448px
>>384840359
Looking purely form a technical standpoint, MKX is infinitely more polished and better balanced by far. The game is also considerably smoother with much fewer odd occurrences (like MK9 Ermac's uppercut hitting up and behind him).

However, MKX's story, writing, and roster have nothing on MK9. Granted, MK9 was literally designed to be as safe as fucking possible with its decisions during creation. Quan Chi, Human Smoke, and Cyber Sub-Zero were the only "risks" they took in MK9.

MKX is miles ahead as a fighting game while MK9 is miles ahead as a Mortal Kombat game. It really just depends on what you want to get out of it.
>>
>>384841785
Tremor was a pleasant surprise. He's fun to play and his corny voice lines are great
>>
>>384841693
He was great in the comic. They made him shit in the game. He fucking lost to Kung Jin and Jacqui!.....The same guy who ripped off Goro's arms in the comic lost to some gay archer and a shittier version of Jax.
>>
>>384841785
I hope they bring him back in MK11
>>
Who /freddymain/ ere?
>>
They made what was a silly and fun series into grimderp with X.
>>
>>384842073
Shhh
>>
>>384841796
Perry much this.
MKX technically is the better game. Yet I thought MK9 was far more fun to play. I really didn't like the cast in MKX also hated how brown and colorless it looked at times. Where were all the bright colorful outfits and stages that MK had in the past?
>>
The problem was they put a huge emphasis on the shit story when the comic story was a billion times better aside from Erron "I can't stop jobbing" Black doing what he does best - jobbing.
Also the roster sucked, the combat kids were all retarded and the only one who was somewhat funny was Kung Jin
And too many fucking cameo fighters too we didn't need Jason, Alien and Leatherface at all
>>
Where can I play with people online in Australia? Is there still a community or did they all move to X?
>>
>>384842284
Having ONLY Jason would have been perfect. One guest character to mirror the guest character from the previous entry (Freddy in MK9, Jason in MKX; Scorpion in IJGAU, Sub-Zero in IJ2). Instead, the game accumulated excessive lost potential because they wasted 3 more roster slots on Predator, Alien, and Leatherface when Sindel, Rain, Baraka, Fujin, and Sareena all have various levels of appearance in the story (Sindel, Rain, and Baraka even going so far as to having their MK9 movesets created in the MKX engine for story fights).

I don't mean to say that Alien, Predator, or Leatherface don't fit. They fit flawlessly into MKX's dark, gritty atmosphere. The problem is that there were so many ACTUALLY PRESENT characters swept under the rug.
>>
Who /erronblack/ here?
>>
>>384840359
So it's basically all but confirmed that NRS is going to try and get the rights to use a lot of horror film characters for a monster fighting game, right? Why else would they fit 4 into X and Freddy into 9?
>>
Because the cast was kinda shit and the colors used in the game are a fucking bore. Why didi everything needed to be black and grey all the time?

I also personally don't like how every character has 3 styles because each style honestly feels like a gimped version of said characters. I dropped thr game after a few hours because it was not fun at all to play the single player or the towers challenges. I didnt even bother with thr multiplayer since all matches were 0% of winning.
>>
Because the cast was kinda shit and the colors used in the game are a fucking bore. Why did everything needed to be black and grey all the time?

I also personally don't like how every character has 3 styles because each style honestly feels like a gimped version of said characters and knowing what every character can do with each version felt like a clusterfuck. I dropped the game after a few hours because it was not fun at all to play the single player or the towers challenges. I didnt even bother with the multiplayer since all matches were 0% of winning.
>>
>>384841992
He's still the same character though, his design and fighting style and everything is still 10/10
>>
Why don't Netherealms just make "Slasher Kombat" or some shit and leave MK as MK?
>>
>>384840359
MK9 was just pure nostalgia overload. MKX is mechanically superior. What they need to do is mix 9's nostalgia and X's gameplay.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (92KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
92KB, 1680x1050px
>>384842073
Steven Spielberg apparently
>>
File: 1340763230538.gif (342KB, 153x113px) Image search: [Google]
1340763230538.gif
342KB, 153x113px
>>384845238
>Douk
>>
>>384840359
MK9 has the input bug and netcode so ass it has different combos

MKXL fixed both
>>
File: Mileena (2).jpg (2MB, 1632x2256px) Image search: [Google]
Mileena (2).jpg
2MB, 1632x2256px
>terrible cast
>awful story
>DLC out the ass
>tons of stupid guest characters instead of series favorites
>towers got boring quickly
>mostly lame stages

MKX did the same dumb thing MK4 did by trying to replace the cast with new characters. I'd honestly rather have a 3D game with lots of fan service, konquest modes, and side content than a boring one with slightly better mechanics.
>>
I hate MK X just for the sole reason that they took all the beloved characters and made them fucking old, just when they were all reintroduced in the soft rebooted previous game. There was no reason for setting the game 25 fucking years in the future, other than to introduce a plethora of new shit characters.
>>
>>384848509
Only the Earthrealmers aged really.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.