[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really enjoy playing heroes, but everyone gives me shit for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: social-facebook-heroes_2.jpg (170KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
social-facebook-heroes_2.jpg
170KB, 1200x630px
I really enjoy playing heroes, but everyone gives me shit for playing it, I honestly have no idea why.
>>
>>384838457
People hate what they dont understand
>>
People associate it with other MOBA games which are all autistic as fuck and full of the worst screeching babbies. People have this idea that Heroes of the Storm is like League of Legends or DotA except easy

that's completely not the case though. It's more like a simple little party game like Smash Brothers. Just a silly little fun game you can relax while playing without much stress. It still manages to be "skill based" enough that it doesn't feel random and you don't feel cheated from deaths, though. It strikes a nice balance of competitive and laid back
>>
People have invested in DOTA2 for so long that they can't back out now, and it triggers them that HOTS is now the superior MOBA on the market to play and the only one getting huge updates constantly.
>>
>>384838457
Because it's what you get when you take the Dota formula and apply enough iterations of dumbing down and butchering for it to barely resemble a video game.
It's got its own appeal as something straightforward and relaxing to play without much commitment, but as an actual game it's a braindead abortion.

The fact that Blizz tries to push a competitive scene for it is just embarrassing
>>
It's fun.
Just play what you want.
If your contemporaries are buttblasted about what vidya you play they're retarded anyway.
>>
Because its moba shit and blizzard trash
It's a guilty pleasure
>>
>>384839189
>dumbing down and butchering for it to barely resemble a video game

Quite the contrary. It's DotA2 and LoL that barely resemble a video game. You spend 30 minutes right clicking minions to get your last hits like it's fucking Cookie Clicker, and the biggest gap between player "skill" is determined by your metaknowledge of build order, item purchases, and comparative XP farming speed. It's a fucking spreadsheet simulator.

Heroes of the Storm just trimmed off all the antiquated, pointless fluff and isolated the aspects of the DotA type games which actually make them fun.

It's crazy how LoL/DotA2 fans will unironally say they like a mechanic ONLY because it makes the game more combersome and unresponsive. People will defend long delays on autoattack because it makes lasthitting more skillbase. This is the logic these fags use.
>>
>>384839921
>You spend 30 minutes right clicking minions to get your last hits like it's fucking Cookie Clicker, and the biggest gap between player "skill" is determined by your metaknowledge of build order, item purchases, and comparative XP farming speed.
All of this is completely untrue.
Any game can be "not a game" when you know absolutely nothing about it.

HotS has barely any character building, no individual progression, only one resource to manage, simplified gameplay because the map tells you when and where to do objectives, low burst damage, short and simple CC, and overall high survivability. It's a completely butchered take on the concept designed for people who were too casual to think and actually learn a game.
>>
>>384840227
t. guy with 1000 hours on DotA2 and hates the game and gets mad every time he plays but keeps playing anyway
>>
Blizzards a cuck company. They are the new bioware
>>
>>384840406
>no argument
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.