[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are MOBAs dying? Dota 2 is like 80% third worlders at this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 36

File: maxresdefault.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
Why are MOBAs dying? Dota 2 is like 80% third worlders at this point and LoL, while still has a good amount of US players, is nowhere near as popular as it was from 2012-2015
>>
People got tired of playing games that were sometimes fun and almost always frustrating because of the shit community.
>>
File: Goodkind a Cute.png (562KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Goodkind a Cute.png
562KB, 960x1280px
>>384837092
All things mut come to and end at some point
Last game i had in dota went a little over 2 hours
Fucking Techies and Treant in the same team
It gets tiring
But on the bright side, it gave us some cute characters
>>
>>384837092
They're so frustrating and become unfun after a while. Every time I go back to dota thinking that I might want to keep playing it, I hop into a match and realize why I stopped.
>>
File: what the hell is this scoob.jpg (13KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
what the hell is this scoob.jpg
13KB, 261x193px
I really like playing assault on Smite though

Who am I kidding, I'm just a whale and a sucker for these god interpretations and sick as heck skins
>>
>>384837092
7.00 patch killed any passion i had for dota. it's dead to me
>>
>>384837092

People got tired of playing games when cannot control minions, there arent strategy because 3-lines maps and spamming the instan-kill powers of you hero every 3 minutes.
>>
>>384837092
If a game isn't fun, why bother?
>>
File: 1366445060410.png (83KB, 222x287px) Image search: [Google]
1366445060410.png
83KB, 222x287px
>>384837092
Eventually the developers release patches/content that the core fanbase despises. Other than that, there's just fatigue and also trends come and go.

LoL has done an excellent, excellent job of avoiding pissing off its players with bad updates. Even after the trend has come and gone, and after many old players left due to fatigue, the game is still going strong, and it will for a long time. Riot knows how to take care of its customers. They are after all, run by a PR company. It also helps that Riot goes to lengths to keep third worlders out of first world regions/servers.

Dota on the other hand is the opposite. Valve has continually alienated its core playerbase. There is a great deal of unhappiness among experienced players. The die hards have either outgrown the game, or have felt significantly enough alienated that they've had enough. Valve has done little to nothing to support the playerbase in any meaningful, direct way outside of funding tournaments and letting the scene take care of itself otherwise. Updates since 2013 have been more and more unpopular. There isn't a surge of new players like there is with LoL for many reasons, including Dota's extremely poor ability to introduce them to the game against similarly skilled opponents. It's shrinking instead of growing, while LoL has already gone through shrinkage and manged to hold a steady player base.

Also, Valve does ZERO to stop third worlders from ruining games.
>>
>>384837092

they are not senpai.

look at league numbers, still far from pretty much anything else.

dota 2 is steam most played game.

smite was always niche and still is.

It'll not die until a new genre or a res of a old one produce anything worth it.

I wish MOBA's would die, but not even mmorpg's are dead and the genre is in a much,much worse shape
>>
>MFW Dota player so fed up with this game that I'm considering moving to LoL

I just DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY 3rd world shitters OPTIONALLY make a CONSCIOUS DECISION to click on the server selector and CHOOSE UNITED FUCKING STATES.
>>
Only Idiots and Degenerates play ASSFAGGOTS
Dont even bother with it, besides Everyone knows the only Fun MOBA out there is Overwatch
>>
mobas are dying because

1. it's being overrun by people who don't speak english

2. they constantly change the game for the worse, constantly trying to make it more casual friendly.

dota literally isn't even dota anymore at this point
>>
>>384837092
I mean everything gets old after a while. It's only natural.

What I wonder, what will be the new big competitive multiplayer genre after mobas? It feels like everythings already been spent. MMOs, RTS, FPS all already went through their own balooning and popping cycles with WOW, starcraft and CoD.

It could be fighters, but those tend to have barriers of entry too high for the masses, and the fighting game community has historically been welcoming or great at managing itself in beneficial ways.
>>
>>384838836
*historically NOT been welcoming*
>>
File: 1435129253529.jpg (830KB, 916x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1435129253529.jpg
830KB, 916x1280px
>>384838605
Join us, we have many wonderful waifus.
>>
>>384838836
>What I wonder, what will be the new big competitive multiplayer genre after mobas?
Grindy slot-machine pay2win mobile games like FGO, most likely
>>
>>384837092
Fads come and go.
I wouldn't say it's dying, it's just not in the spotlight anymore. Same thing that happened with MMOs, when we went through the same WoW clone cycle as we did with LoL clones and they all failed everyone shouted "waahh MMOs are dying!" but here we are with still a few relevant survivors chugging along with no problems.
>>
File: Chaac (alternate).jpg (402KB, 1499x1999px) Image search: [Google]
Chaac (alternate).jpg
402KB, 1499x1999px
>>384837092
The typical top-down click-to-move MOBA is slowly on its way out. You wouldn't be able to tell from DOTA, but people are trying different avenues for their MOBA. SMITE and Paragon use the third-person behind-the-back camera and WASD controls, Hyper Strike is going for a 2D sidescrolling MOBA, and there are some games like Battlerite and that one sci-fi game that eschew most of the trappings and stick strictly to arena team fights with whatever original spin they put on it.
>>
>>384839378
Fuck That
>>384838605
Dont give up on us, TI is right round the corner
Do it For Goodkind
>>
>>384837902
They've actually fixed a lot of things that base 7.00 killed
>>
File: 1500715946714.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500715946714.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
>>384838836
>What I wonder, what will be the new big competitive multiplayer genre after mobas?
We're already there: hero shooters and battle royales are the hot trend right now.
>>
>>384838836
>It could be fighters,
Lol, they could never. They had their balloon poped. I give you that they had 2 high times. But regarding all will never become the new one.

>but those tend to have barriers of entry too high for the masses
What? They were never. Its one of the most easier competitive games.
>>
>>384839504
I'd put money on barely any of those games surviving. Smite only worked out because it's essentially a gimmick minigame version of LoL so it carried over the LoL audience nicely.

Also, Battlerite isn't a mova
>>
>>384839378
And shitty gameplay
>>
File: 1455042828357.jpg (41KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1455042828357.jpg
41KB, 600x849px
>>384838836
>It could be fighters, but those tend to have barriers of entry too high for the masses, and the fighting game community has historically been welcoming or great at managing itself in beneficial ways.
Fighting games are in a funky spot right now. Street Fighter V - practically the face of the genre right now - is shit, and when Street Fighter shrinks, the entire FGC shrinks. But there are still other games that have their own scenes and are still popular. Plus, there are even MORE fighters coming out soon.
>>
>>384839395
Good point.
Buti guess more like Clash of Clans
>>
>>384837092
>is nowhere near as popular as it was from 2012-2015
What has the genre innovated since 2012?
Look at FPS games or platformers or RPGs from a 5 year span and they will have changed things up constantly, I don't want to get into a discussion as to whether these changes are better or worse but they give variance to the genre and therefore a reason for people to try out new stuff.

League and dota are still largely the same game they were ~5 years ago, which is to be expected, but the genre as a whole is still largely the exact same as well.
>>
>>384838836

when the bubble pops most of the "new players" will stop playing games alltogether, and the rest of them will move onto single-player games.

this is why activision released the N. Sane Trilogy and have been advertising it, they are testing the market. activision tends to be ahead of the game when it comes to predicting and striking trends
>>
>>384839915
SMITE has been successful for as long as it has because at the time, it filled a niche no other game successfully had done up to that point. That plus the theme of the game (mythological gods) is appealing, and people jumped on the wagon.
>>
File: 1457076546347.jpg (21KB, 328x353px) Image search: [Google]
1457076546347.jpg
21KB, 328x353px
>>384838747
>MFW used to main support around '13~'14 and every game was a tense ass jungle war to find sentries hidden between trees and stunting enemy growth by warding the magic spot and protecting it, then make trips to the enemy jungle to block caps and direct allies to send their summoned units into cleared enemy camps before :00

>Used to triple pull jungle camps with a single wave instead of wasting time stacking to throw off the enemy laners in good old tri vs tri contests by pulling at :44

The game just doesn't feel the same way anymore. It feels like it used to be a lot of esoteric knowledge only experienced players knew surrounding everything in the game, like what pierces immunity, what exactly universal/hp removal/composite damage was and where it was good and bad, and learning unorthodox strategies like 4th core farming ancients, and burden of knowledge on things like orb effects. Things that new players were EXPECTED to learn. Things new players learned by going to /d2g/ and spending hours researching the minute details that made the game what it is.

Now everything has been brought down to their level. Instead of the barrier of entry for proper matches being learning the ins and outs of the game, it was erased which turned the barrier of entry instead into getting lucky enough not to play with Peruvians who now don't need to learn shit or smurfs.
>>
>>384837092
Play HotS then
>>
>>384839853
Overwatch didn't take off nearly that hard.
>>
>>384839783
what i meant was i didn't like what they added.
shrines, talents, new map, roshan not on dire, new UI.

you still can't mod the game anymore! i want my NBA Announcer back!

not to mention the pace of the game has changed. the outcome of the game is no longer defined by individual skill and winning lanes, but by fighting 5v5 early and sticking together.
>>
>>384840354
The problem is that DOTA 2 prides itself on its metaphorically arcane and dense mechanics, and setting up a barrier of entry that high for what is conventionally a casual-friendly genre is not something to be proud of.
>>
>>384839504
Dont know. More try the ego moba thing, but besides Overwatch, which kinda slowed down now, catched on to be considered a new game meta. Everything you named kinda stayed small.
>>
>>384840454
Like it or not, Overwatch was the biggest game of 2016, unleashing a whole wave of gamers who never deeply got into games before then. It's one of those rare titles where people who don't play the game still know choice details about it. The issue is that it contracted greatly this past year, now that people are starting to realize that Blizzard doesn't know how to balance or release new content in a timely manner.
>>
>>384839853
>hero shooters and battle royales
Hero is a wide therm. Guess you are right they go after superheroes, but is this some kind of astethic or game genre?

And battle royals is a good argument. we had them rather long as mods. And now full games.
>>
>>384840803
>Like it or not, Overwatch was the biggest game of 2016
I never denied that. When I said "take off" I wasn't talking specifically about about the launch, I meant the overall end result like you said, where it dropped off quite hard.

But hell, even at it's peak it still wasn't bigger than lol still is now.
>>
>>384841018
Hero shooters (or other genres) are games where instead of playing as generic classes, you play as a very particular character, with his/her own mannerisms and personality as well as abilities and mechanics. Overwatch, Lawbreakers and Quake Champions are all hero shooters; Unreal Tournament is not.

>>384841040
Wasn't Overwatch the first game ever in years overtake LoL/DOTA in web cafes?
>>
>>384838327

>It's shrinking instead of growing, while LoL has already gone through shrinkage and manged to hold a steady player base.

Blatantly false
>>
>>384840253
What is the trend with N. Sane Trilogy? Retro gaming? That is hardly a new trend.
>>
>>384837092
People were getting tired of the map.
>>
File: Evil Misery.png (159KB, 450x700px) Image search: [Google]
Evil Misery.png
159KB, 450x700px
>>384839563
If TI7 is just another fucking slugfest of literally whos with zero personality I'm gonna fucking lose it. DC kind of saved it last year but I'm not excited about this year at all. It seems like most of the players that people loved to cheer for are now gone or trash, and there's nothing but literally whos with high MMR and no personality or traits. Take Dendi for example. The guy at his peak would mess around and dance. He was fun. People would start chanting OPPA DENDI. He would actually play Pudge in competitive games. Illidan would play outrageous late game carries like his naga that would push games into minute 55 base races. rotk was pretty much the most fun loving chinese player ever. Xiao8 was the serious, scary captain that everyone hated to face. Arteezy was Arteezy. So iconic that you don't need to say anything else. Burning could concentrate to make the most astonishing micro plays around. Loda was the underdog who suddenly came out with a solo triple kill on his terrorblade and made the crowd go wild. Xboct had a lot of personality in all chat and off the camera with silly nonsense. notail was the biggest memer around and his iconic heroes were such a big threat they were always respect banned. S4 was the silent playmaker that everyone always watched carefully for that one deciding play per match. Some players were considered to be unstoppable support duos that were always exciting to watch.

Most of these guys are irrelevant, retired, or boring now.
>>
>>384841270
Based on what? The fact that you don't like it, therefore it is unsuccessful and nobody likes it? Despite how strongly you might believe it, that is not a valid scientific assessment.
>>
I like Smite but i don't fancy Dota 2 or LoL.
>>
>>384841270
What part is false?
>>
>>384837092
Koreans
>>
>>384841359
well put, i agree. this is so sad to me.
>>
>>384841254
Now i understand that hero naming, ok.
>>
>>384838605
ive been matched with so many russians and gooks in australia its unreal
>>
File: KEK.png (384KB, 791x513px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.png
384KB, 791x513px
>>384841359
I think the game reached its peak at TI3, and again in early 2015, when Team Secret, Vici, and EG were the only good teams. They were so many light years ahead of every other team, that it would be genuinely FUN to watch them stomp teams, JUST to see what kind of strategies they'd use to hype yourself up for the inevitable Secret vs EG or Vici semi or grand finals.

Too bad that couldn't last.

>MFW Secret used to have like a 95% win rate in their early days and ~80-85% during their peak after stabilizing
>>
>>384841270
Sorry he is right. It had some shrinkage in `14-15 than some growed in 16 and now held it steady importance.
>>
>>384841282

single-player platforming games. shooters are getting stale and platformers haven't been done mainstream for a decade.
>>
>>384841889
I'm beginning to think that people from all these countries are legit really stupid. Like people born in these places are actually of an entirely lower tier of intelligence than other humans. It doesn't take a fucking genius to choose the server with the people that speak your language, and even a fucking moron would notice after 10 games that "Hey, why does no one speak spanish in my games? Am I on the wrong server?"
>>
>>384837092
people want their lives back
>>
>>384842071
Dont see here a big trend. Maybe after Mario Odyssey, we can be sure.
But there were several plattformer over the years. Even 3D. But i give you that you have a valid point that this could increase in the future.
>>
>>384842127

Think about the average person in your country.

Now, picture a idiot in your country

Got it? ok. Now, you need to understand that the average intelligence in the shitholes (South America, Russia, SEA, muslim shitholes) is equal to the stupid dudes in white countries.

By that admission, it makes stupid people (an lets be real, there is a lot) equaivalent to your average shotbus tard. There are a lot of stupi people. Everywhere

Fuck, if you go to africa (like say Somalia) the the average nigger is litteral mental retardation in white countries. The average, run of the mill somalian, 40-60% of their population is retarded. 1-2% of somalian are as good as the average white person. Actually intelligent somalian do not exist. And you play with these shits
>>
>>384842127
It depends on the game. League didn't have a dedicated SA server for like three years after it came out and by then most of them didn't want to switch over for example. I'm not sure how it is with Dota but I know with League most of the BRs have simply played so long on the NA server that they refused to switch after the SA ones launched, even when they were given free account transfers because all their friends were still on NA. Maybe Russians and BRs on Dota just think that their servers would be empty so they try to piggyback on ours? Either way they need to fuck off.
>>
>>384842224
I think you are on to something. Many grew up, life responsibles came, many dont want to spend hours on one game, new generations are shooter or mobile gamers.
>>
I stopped caring about DotA when all the new shit was locked behind that battlepass thing.
>>
>someone spoke a language other than English near me and now I'm mad
That's what I'm getting from this thread.
>>
I got burned out of LoL, it's just too much. Too much pressure. I only play single player games on my 3DS now. I am happy this way. I wish I spent all that money that I spent on skins on 3DS games instead, I'd have a huge collection. I even have hextech annie, that cost me at least 300 bucks in itself. I have spent at least 1500 on skins. LoL consumed my life and my money.
>>
I bought a DoTA 2 finals ticket for 200 bucks, but now I want to sell. What do?
>>
>>384842804
In Dota, your region/language is chosen by default based on where you are. You can however, manually click the server selector before starting a match and choose any other region. There are no locks in place whatsoever. You can then also choose your language optionally to help further with matchmaking.

South Americans have two servers, one located to the northeast and another to the west. Russians also have servers. Both of these regions are populated. Russia is extremely populated as Dota is very popular in Russia. The only way you are going to be matched with Americans or Western Europeans in one of these regions is if you

A: Manually click the server browser and select servers that are not from your country

B: If your servers are so empty that it takes 8 minutes+ to find a game and it starts to look in other nearby regions

It's not a case of being locked to a region like LoL. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever stopping them from playing with their own people speaking their own language with better ping. They are just either too stupid to do it or for some reason choose not to.
>>
>>384842749
>litteral mental retardation
Thats too drastic. More like they are naive. The average is like the people that strongly believe in religion and think that magic is real.
>>
>>384842958
That's definitely part of it. When I got out of college I stopped giving as much of a shit about mobas since I couldn't play them every day with having a job now, and once you get out of playing you start to get rusty and then you start to ask yourself if it's worth the few hours a day you get to play it to try and get back to the level you used to be at.
>>
>>384839504
I use wasd for camera movement and qerf for abilities tg for extras.
>>
>>384843203
I heard one of the reasons for Russians was because the Russian server is in Stockholm for an odd reason making the other European servers better for them.

Of course, it could also be Ivans being drunk again.
>>
>>384842749
And the matchmaker has determined that you're as skilled as them. What does that say about you?
>>
>>384843034
>that battlepass thing.
can you explain. Not Dota player here. Dota liked to shin with "the only real free 2 play game" with everythin being for free exclusive the skins.
>>
>>384837092
>over
because moba shooters is the next evolutionary step in making the low skill floor and low skill ceiling game possible
also they can work on controllers which means they can be on consoles
>>
>>384843412
Battlepass is basically how they fund the big tournaments through out the year. If you spend more on it, you get more stuff like effects for items, voice packs, hud skins, emoticons and "free" treasure. You don't have to spend a whole lot of money to get stuff since you can bet battlepass chips, which you get a 1000 of when you buy it, on your own matches. If you win, you get more chips which can be transfered to battlepass levels.
>>
>>384843373
At least russians tend to be ok at the game. South Americans are braindead retards. I had one the other day that would keep farming the jungle on his Wraith King even though there was a 4v5 teamfight happening literally a 2 second walk from him.
>>
>>384843403
That they really need to put in server locks so i'm not stuck with peruvian retards fuckign my games.

It's weird how I win all my games when more than 1 other person is able to speak english, while I lose all my games where i'm stuck with tacotacos

Is it really asking too much? I don't speak poverty, Icefrog, stop tossing monkeys on my team. Also, any said monkey that autolocks mid/safelane should be euthanised.
>>
File: 900.jpg (128KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
900.jpg
128KB, 900x900px
>>384837092
Saved tho?
>>
File: 1500772753637.png (146KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1500772753637.png
146KB, 1080x1920px
>>384842749
>>384842804
It is simply because most Americans play league or are console faggots.
>>
>>384843762
BRs are a plague. They can and absolutely will throw an entire match over the smallest slights. When I still played League I'd basically never talk if I was in a match with one because no matter how badly a BR was doing, if you tried to help them out by telling them things like "put wards down" and "don't overextend", they'd chimp out and go "i feed" and just walk down mid til the game ended. Half the time this was only slightly worse than they were already doing anyway.
>>
>>384843215

no he means they meet the requirements for legal mental retardation. they literally raised the requirements for mental retardation some decades ago because too many people in other countries qualified.
>>
>>384843765
You always get the rank you deserve in the long run. I thought your type was all about personal responsibility. I guess that's only when being responsible doesn't make you feel painfully average.
>>
>>384843737
Oh,ok, thx.
Than its ok, their claimis still viable.
>>
>>384837420

First post best post.
>>
File: 1398094560112.jpg (39KB, 592x492px) Image search: [Google]
1398094560112.jpg
39KB, 592x492px
>>384843986
>they'd chimp out and go "i feed" and just walk down mid til the game ended
>>
>>384837092
Don't care but this is definitely a good thing
>>
>>384844025
Nah, niggah.. I shouldn't be stuck playing with Gonzales the Slark picker into a hc AM, a mid Zeus and a jungle BS. I shouldn't have to ask people to not pick 5 cores. 1-2 ping should be enough to warn a mentally deficient huenigger about a smoke/gank, not 1-2 hundred
>>
>>384844416
It actually is funny in a vacuum scenario, but they're all like this and they made playing mobas such a fucking pain. I can only imagine an entire server of those goddamned monkeys. Eventually they'd all just decide to feed and at that point it'd just become a regular game again, right?
>>
File: 1456936612956.jpg (8KB, 152x152px) Image search: [Google]
1456936612956.jpg
8KB, 152x152px
>>384844025
>Slightly less mentally retarded monkeys beat other more mentally retarded monkeys and gain MMR
>Slightly less mentally retarded monkeys beat those ones, or randomly win because 1st world teammates/luck
>You have to climb the ladder completely full of mentally retarded monkeys so you play the lottery every game and hope there are more of them on the other team than on yours

??? ?? ????
>>
>>384841254
Don't forget R6:Siege
>>
File: 1497224324342.png (830KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497224324342.png
830KB, 1280x720px
>>384837092
>at this point
dota has always been beaners on NA servers and valve literally never advertises because gaben doesn't want to spend his McChicken money. you see ads for fucking smite, gigantic, hots, league but never dota.
>>
>>384845025
The one that feed the mostwins!!!
>>
I feel like the people who talk about the decline of Dota dont understand the real history of the game, there are people that have been playing it for over a decade at this point, kids who grew up playing it in internet cafes, finished highschool, became adults and still play. Dota has about as much chance of becoming irrelevant as counter strike, it has already stood the test of time, it's here to stay.

LoL is an interesting case to me, the majority of its playerbase are 12-19 years old, and that average is not increasing as the age of the game increases, kids play, grow up, and stop, but there are always more kids to start after the old kids stop.

Something else I've noticed is the way the playerbase shifts from game to game, or more specifically, how it seems pretty common for people to jump from LoL to Dota but it's rare as fuck for a Dota player to try LoL and stay there.
>>
>>384842749
except south-east asians and middle easterners routinely test higher on IQ tests than whites

whites are the retarded cancer ruining gaming. anyone who says or thinks different is most likely a white (inferior) person trying pathetically to justify their existence.
>>
>>384845764
>south-east asians
nope.
>>
File: 1408685951655.png (242KB, 417x384px) Image search: [Google]
1408685951655.png
242KB, 417x384px
>>384845475
Does it need ads? Whenever you bring up another moba, especially LoL, dota fans call it shit and tell you to play their game instead.
>>
>>384845875
>delusional whites
so sad
>>
>>384845764
Spotted, South eastern or muslim nigger.

Indonesian ?

And, obviously, that's wrong, both of those routinely are 10 iq under white averages.

Not a whole standard deviation like south maerican monkeys. Well done, you aren't QUITE as retarded as huemonkeys
>>
>>384845065
And then there are the people that have multiple accounts in the highest ranking possible. You can blame your team as much as you want, but when it comes down to it it's based on how good you are.
>>
>>384846008
nope, both of them test higher than whites

whites are pathetic retarded failures that don't deserve the mercy the better races give them
>>
>>384846032
People who have multiple accounts tend to stack with other people which drastically lowers the chances of running into BRs that suck dick.
>>
>>384846032
>what is stacking
>>
>>384845942
Plus, DOTA's community is full of nothing but diehards. When the Overwatch open beta happened, nearly all major titles on Steam took an average 15% population hit for the weekend.

Except DOTA.
>>
>>384846242
>waaaaah waaaaaah i'm not as retarded as you think
>please respect me, i don't fuck goat THAT often

Muslim; somehow more hated than niggers.
>>
>>384845998
>pinoy monkey trying to lump himself in with east asians
sad
>>
>>384846478
>white "people" get this mad when their betters tell them the truth

whites are so fucking pathetic its hilarious
>>
>>384846669
LOL

look how mad whites get when they realize the truth. whites are parasites on society, and should be exterminated.
>>
>>384837092
League of Legends grew in every region besides NA this year according to riot
>>
>>384845764
>south-east asians
Are you sure you don't mean east asians of the non-south variety?
Because otherwise you're wrong.
>>
>>384847619
>according to riot
there's your problem
>>
>>384849631
Well it's really not that big of a stretch.
Regions like Brazil have blown up in population to the extent where Brazil is like maybe as big as NA although obviously not close in skill level or anything.
It seems pretty likely for the wildcard regions at least.
>>
>>384837092
No self respecting multiplayer game deserves to last at least 20mins with an average of 35.

People are all about pick up and play instant gratification that they can fit in inbetween whatever they do. MOBAs are just too time consuming, even more so when you consider that they have somewhat of a learning curve.
>>
>>384837871
>I really like playing assault on Smite though
This.
But only once every month or so.
>>
>>384838634
>besides Everyone knows the only Fun MOBA out there is Overwatch
hesrightyouknow.mpeg
>>
>>384845618
>I feel like the people who talk about the decline of Dota dont understand the real history of the game
They certainly don't. It almost feel like people play dota because "it's less casual than lol" instead of actually liking the game.
I've been playing this game for like 10 years, and today i still love it. Sure, there have been bad changes but there's also a tons of good changes, like every fucking patch back in the day.
People here saying "doens't feel like dota" probably are just casual post-2013 dota 2 babbies who are experiencing for the first time heavy changes.

For me? the game will be still the same until something actually big like removing jungle camps, removing pulling or removing a lane happens. I still play like thousands of years ago when i first picked Dragon knight because i liked dragons and it useed the captain Wc3 unit model.
>>
This world needs to go back to basics.

Remember Unreal Tournament? (fuck off, Quake players; Arena was shite).
This game needs a new Opposing Force (fuck off, CS players; dust2 is boring, and hostages get stuck in walls!)

This world needs to dive down and delve into what it means to appreciate the stories told in VtM:B instead of diarrhea'ing out another quick-time-event-filled 'shooter'.

And each and every one of you mobile-game-playing FAGGOTS are what's enabling this down-slide.
Fuck everything; I've gone back to shit like Theme Hospital, VtM:B (at least 9 people will now reinstall this gem), and Tyrian2000.
And every one not following my example is why video games are shit, and mobas are what it's all about.
>>
>>384841359
>>384841359
Arteezy Burning Notail and S4 are still at TI

XBOCT is casting, so you still get to enjoy his personality
>>
>>384843830
I might be a retard but I have a hard time figuring what the glyphs on the symbols are meant to be.
>>
>>384839504
>>384839915
Smite is sorta fun because its like dumbed down WoW PvP. So if you miss that you might enjoy it.
>>
>>384852641
It's not really at all comparable to wow pvp though
>>
>>384854209
Truth. Almost everything is a skill shot.
>>
>>384854987
>skill shot
Will this meme term ever die?
>>
File: social-facebook-heroes_2.jpg (170KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
social-facebook-heroes_2.jpg
170KB, 1200x630px
>Best moba coming through
> No stupid last hitting minigame
> Short matches
> Characters we all know and love
>>
>>384855146
Find a more catchy and recognisable term for it and maybe it will.
Until then, learn to cope.
>>384855171
Meh. Too expensive. (OR limited, which is the same as pricey)
>>
>>384842127
faster queues and better players
>>
>>384855321
>Find a more catchy and recognisable term for it and maybe it will.
>Until then, learn to cope.
I don't understand what's so hard about "aimed" or "untargeted" or something
Calling it a skillshot tricks LoLbabby memelords into think aiming and landing a dinky spammable projectile against a huge circle aoe in 2D is actually a challenging mechanic
>>
>>384837092
In order:
>Dota 2
Valve is completely incompetent at that continuous development thing (seriously look at their games at release and how well thought out and polished they are, then look at the subsequent updates; Valve makes good initial releases because they have a ton of time, any time they're "rushed" they fail), which means they never added some features that would have created a bigger sense of community between the players and thus kept more people playing. Add to that an update that alienated old players, incessant patching and alleged performance issues, and you can understand why it's dying extremely quickly (50k player drop in the middle of summer, fucking lol)

>LoL
It's dying because it's shallow and extremely repetitive, and people moved onto the next fad (Overwatch, probably)

>Smite
It's always been a really unsatisfying hybrid of action game and RTS. As I understand, Hi-Rez also wants to supplant it with Paladins. I could be wrong on that.

It's also the one out of the three in your image that has the fiercest competition, for example Paragon and Gigantic (and to a lesser extent, Paladins and Overwatch). These compete with Smite a lot more directly than with LoL or Dota.
>>
>>384838419
>dota 2 is steam most played game
m8, people aren't saying any of these games are dead (which we could informally define as having too small of a playerbase to support its main game modes), they're saying they're dying (clear negative player growth). No one knows the numbers for LoL apart from Riot, but Dota is bleeding out players (see http://steamcharts.com/app/570 ). It's down to its summer 2014 numbers (or fall 2015 numbers but is it really reasonable to compare numbers during summer to post 90k-drop Fall numbers). That's an enormous drop.
>>
>>384856881
While I love dota and played it since late 2006, i hate Valve's policies and I hope they shit themselves, but since they own Steam, I don't think that' ever going to happen.
>>
>>384839378
>wonderful waifus
Derivative anime trash doesn't make for good characters.

>>384840619
Honestly dude Dota's mechanics are not that esoteric, and the barrier of entry (the required level of skill to have fun) is fairly low. If there's one mistake Dota players make, it's overrating the game's skill floor, which makes it far more intimidating to newbies than it should be.

The real problem is that they never managed to present those mechanics to new players properly.
>>
>>384844526
Yeah you should be, you've one of the 5 core pickers
>>
>>384857396
Oh for sure, Valve isn't feeling the hit too hard, although they felt it hard enough that they knew they had to lock gameplay behind the battle pass in order to reach last year's prize pool (which is what gives me hope the next couple of patches will unfuck the game). Combine it with the money they're dumping into VR and maybe the loss is starting to be noticeable. It won't be enough to overcome the revenues from the Steam store, but it might be enough to have some sort of consequence.
>>
>>384837092
Meanwhile in REAITY
There's 25 mill for enemy underway.

The game is released on an international level and OP is an autistic basement dweller that assumes Americas population makes up 80% of the world when it's like 5
>>
hots is fun sometimes I guess.
>>
>>384857582
>(the required level of skill to have fun)
subjective. the basics, learning what all of the heroes and items do takes hundreds of hours.
>>
The community is horrible. And I don't mean smacktalk or random Ivans and Pablos shitting up your game. I mean the unmanageable amount of twitch faggotry that floods the game making anyone that isn't a memespewing fucktard quit.
>>
>>384860275
Yeah and you don't actually need that stuff to play at the level you need to play when you're starting out.
>>
You guys should play Heroes Of The Storm
>>
>>384845764
>South east asians
I'd agree with you if you just said fucking eastern asians, but you're actually saying the literal mud monkey's of SEA routinely test high?
>>
>>384837092
Because they are shit, next question?
>>
>>384837092
Maybe these fucking nerds are finally understanding that MOBAs are actually shit
>>
>>384837092
Long time LoL player here, have logged 4000+ over 4 years now. I stopped playing regularly because I felt like the game was a trap. For 40 min I'd either get shit on and just feel awful, or for 40 min it would be a struggle to win and at the end I felt now joy in winning just relief that I won.

A lot of my friends that have stopped playing have said similar things. The game lasts too long and you simply don't have enough fun to make it worth it. Maybe I'm just bad, maybe it's more fun at higher levels but this is just my experience.
>>
>>384837092
You can only play the same game so many times.
New heroes help, but only a bit.

I've put a bout 5k hours in both Dota and League, once in a very blue moon I'll play a game of LoL (Dota is better, but it's harder to just jump in after not touching it for years) and it's whatever.

Overwatch sucked up a lot of the moba community too
>>
File: 1493999472617.jpg (64KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
1493999472617.jpg
64KB, 564x752px
All fine and good but which MOBA waifu is objectively the best and why is it Neith?
>>
>>384862116
>MOBA
>>
>>384851818
starcraft, diablo and wow
>>
>>384861952
>Overwatch sucked up a lot of the moba community too.
If only it absorbed the russians too.
I want an event like how the EU absorbed a large part of our gyppos and now the streets are safer and cleaner.
>>
>>384839504
Battlerite isnt a MOBA and it follows the same formula its devs used on BLC included shitty grind for F2Ps in the future
>>
>>384837420
Fpbp.

Only kids below the age of 17 don't have enought self respect to move on from this farm simulator and nerve grinder.
>>
>all peruvians that i play with are retarded
>#2 on lol ladder is peruvian
>>
>>384863407
They channeled all their skill and intellegence into that one dude
>>
Smite is succesful because where League and dota avoid sexy characters, smite has doubled down and made 9/10 of their female characters sex pots with sexy skins.

and the remaining 1/10 (medusa, arachne, scylla) have their own following as well to some extent, along with sexy skins (except for scylla who is full on pedo bait in some of her skins)
>>
>>384863567
league has sexy characters, but they haven't made one in 5 years for whatever reason.
>>
>>384863662
next rework (evelynn) is literally a succubus with shadows for clothes so we should be good on that front
>>
>>384837092
>it's one of those mobas are dying threads
>mobas aren't actually dying and going extra strong
You niggas sound like apocalypse preachers.
>>
>>384863567
>Smite is succesful because where League and dota avoid sexy characters, smite has doubled down and made 9/10 of their female characters sex pots with sexy skins.

Lmao that's not why at all, or even true. Nor is Smite more successful than either of those games by any metric.
>>
File: kak4.jpg (12KB, 261x132px) Image search: [Google]
kak4.jpg
12KB, 261x132px
>>384863567
i have fapped many a time to buccaneith and nu wa
>>
>>384839880
Bullshit. You sound like someone that's butthurt and not even being reasonable for some reason or another. Fighters for a new player is straight up "I'm getting fucking destroyed and I have no idea how to stop this"

Maybe you're better at fighters than the average person, but for someone that wouldn't know what they're doing there's no way to figure out what the fuck to do besides going and using some sort of third party to figure out why you suck.
>>
>>384863835
The second biggest one of them is dying fairly quickly, you know that right?
>>
File: vAMANA.png (244KB, 335x451px) Image search: [Google]
vAMANA.png
244KB, 335x451px
SMITE is the only MOBA I will ever play. If I want to play point and click I'd play freddi fish
>>
>>384838327
Fuck you. I'm not from a 3rd world country (I'm from Brasil) but I can still see the blatant racism in your post which is directed towards many friends of mine.
>>
File: 1498857862012.png (187KB, 758x631px) Image search: [Google]
1498857862012.png
187KB, 758x631px
PATCHES THAT RUINED DOTA, IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER

>6.82
Bounty rune
Map changes
>6.84
Ward stacking
Rubberbanding
>6.86
Arcane rune
>6.87
Minimap scan
>7.00
Hero level changes
Hero talent trees
Map changes
>>
>>384841254
And of course the codifier for the genre of hero shooters, Team Fortress 2.
>>
>>384865063
>That feel when you quit in 6.82

Just in time.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>384864956
>I'm not from a 3rd world country
>I'm from Brasil
>>
File: 1495739242156.jpg (126KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1495739242156.jpg
126KB, 604x516px
>>384865273
I quit when they "reworked" Phantom Lancer.

Touch my kitty, touch me.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>384864956
>I'm not from a 3rd world country (I'm from Brasil)
>>
>>384865063
were you one of those that thought roshan creation was ruining dota?
>>
File: 1499549407455.jpg (259KB, 1280x974px) Image search: [Google]
1499549407455.jpg
259KB, 1280x974px
>Fuck you. I'm not from a 3rd world country (I'm from Brasil)
>>
File: 1491006076107.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491006076107.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>384864956
>Not from a 3rd world country

>IM FROM BRAZIL

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>384865063
Those changes making it hard to play as casual plauers. All those patches help competitive though. Rubberbanding means the death of 4 protect 1 supercarry. Minimap scan to stop the cheeky roshan/smoke gank. Talents help some heroes to become viable again because icefrog overnef them.
>>
>>384865810
>Those changes making it hard to play as casual players

In just the patches I listed, teleport scrolls went from costing 130 gold to costing 50 gold.
>>
>>384866121
t. Furion
>>
>>384865387
>>384865682
>>384865769
Even our worst areas are safer than your Amerishart land.
>>
>>384866315
>forbes
>>
>>384865063
I dunno man, not all of those pre 7.00 changes were bad. Bounty runes made bottle recharge less reliant on luck and added a neutral objective on the map (unlike the travesty that was putting two bounty runes in each team's jungle, it's an objective your team controls by controlling the river, not by merely existing in the match). I don't remember the map changes, although I don't remember hating them. Ward stacking was an understandable buff to supports. Rubberbanding is justifiable, but I've always felt the game has given too many resources for fighting early on ever since it was introduced, so the numbers just needed to be tuned. Arcane rune is really strong but again it encourages teams to control a neutral part of the map. The only one I've never liked is the scan, it unjustifiably punishes aggression and audacious plays.

Even then, neither scan nor the 7.00 changes you listed are anything compared to how much shrines fucked the game. The new HUD is also amazing in how incompetently it was made, I would bet the guy who made it never actually played Dota.
>>
>>384837092

>Tfw the thing I liked the most was LoL's dominion
>they dont put it in their featured section anymore
>>
Stagnation. At this point, the only difference between matches is who is playing, which means the main reason to keep coming back is to see which other nine people you're put into a room with, and after enough games and even with millions of people, that shit can get old.

At this point, the next biggest thing that could happen to MOBAs is if League/DOTA made a second competitive map and had pro players play on them.
>>
>>384866712
Shrines are part of the listed 7.00 "map changes".
>>
>>384862116
Anon your neet is showing
>>
File: 1499770019514.png (153KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1499770019514.png
153KB, 500x522px
I saw a fucking huge buff black dude at the gym the other day lifting in a Smite shirt

What does it mean, /v/?
>>
Remember when /v/ chimped out at all those esports stars at how they need to get real jobs?

Those people have won money, got a free ride to college and have something on their resumes now and will move onto having a great life after using a few years being an esports star for a bit and not making it a career.
>>
>>384866981
he's fucking gay?
>>
>>384864432
>If I want to play point and click I'd play freddi fish
>mechanical skill/depth is the only kind that exists, chess takes literally zero skill
my favorite meme
>>
>>384866981

It's some trash shirt he doesn't care about that he can sweat in. He might not even know what Smite is.
>>
>>384867357
It was a world championship shirt or something like that, I remember. It didn't even look old or beat up honestly.
I should've gone up to him and said Smite sucks so I could get punched.
>>
File: 1489997107599.gif (73KB, 675x227px) Image search: [Google]
1489997107599.gif
73KB, 675x227px
>>384864956
>Fuck you. I'm not from a 3rd world country (I'm from Brasil)
>>
>>384867235
i got my (you) i'm happy
>>
>>384838327
>LoL has done an excellent, excellent job of avoiding pissing off its players with bad updates

>what is season 5
>>
>>384865063
It's never worth it to go to d2g man
>>
>>384869126
What is this game since Season 5.

Too much one shotting and weeaboo bullshit
>>
File: 1492280744302.jpg (23KB, 432x403px) Image search: [Google]
1492280744302.jpg
23KB, 432x403px
>>384837092
>Why is the #1 most played game on Steam dying?
>>
>>384869364
>Why is that dying person still alive?
I'm stumped too man.
>>
>HoN still pretty much ignored by all
>Is the best on the market since dota 2 decided to copy LoL
>>
>>384869612
Oh shit, a measly 800k. How will Valve's gargantuan wallet ever recover?
>>
>>384869721
>copy LoL
Don't you mean Hots?
>>
>>384869790
Let me introduce to you the magic concept of percentages: turns out losing around 20% of your playerbase in just a year really hurts!
>>
>>384869941
I'm sure Valve's crying their hearts out you all don't like the way the game is going. They honestly don't give a fuck. They'll care when their profits go in the red, then they'll actually make a game instead of living off community content.
>>
>>384869842
>HotS invented talent trees
>>
>>384870016
Alright I'll ask it bluntly: is the game dying, yes or no? If you can't truthfully reply that it's not dying and make a good case for it, then shut the fuck up because your digital diarrhea is painful to read.
>>
File: mobile legends.jpg (60KB, 650x374px) Image search: [Google]
mobile legends.jpg
60KB, 650x374px
Because of this.
>>
>>384870160
Along with shrines.

Obviously they didn't create either, but I'd be hesitant to claim the inspiration for talents and shrines didn't come from HotS.

Basically they took Skeleton King and Windrunner from us and left us shrines and talents as an extra fuck you.
>>
LoL died when they banned t1
>>
>>384864956

Your shithole 3rd world corrupt pedophile country can burn to the ground.

>Be me doing IT contract in Rio
>doing some fancy resort
>Toyota even contracts me for some of their warehouses
>while working one of the local custodians pick up on me being from the U.S
>aware that I have money the dude tries to invite me to a favela and for 100$ American he would let me screw a 10 year old
>what the fuck? No are you high?
>tells me he bribes the cops all the time to look the other way because he's a pimp on the side by using the local orphans
>wow dude you're sick
>later that week dude gets gunned down by a rival pimp and miltary police gun down rival pimp
>MFW I caught chlamydia from a 18 year old bartender
>MFW she kept the baby on purpose

Brazil is a third world shithole
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 300x168px
>>384837092
anyone play paragon?
>>
>>384870642
Any game that has "fair" in its tagline is just hilarious
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.