[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on the Pokemon mystery dungeon series. Is it gud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: untitled.png (118KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
118KB, 225x224px
Red pill me on the Pokemon mystery dungeon series. Is it gud?

What's the difference to the main series? Can I catch em all? Can I Train all to lv100?
>>
>>384833435
everyone who played it loved it, it is only that it is still not very popular
anyway try Explorers of sky and/or Red rescue team and then Super mystery dungeon
they are all excellent games
>>
It's a survival dungeon crawler that uses elements like hunger, PP management, and fight/flight choices to have a survival aspect.
Certainly give it a shot, many people feel they are even better than the main Pokemon games.
>>
You play as pokemon and go through randomly generated roguelike dungeons. Each dungeon has its own theme and sets of enemy and is different every time you go through it. You can recruit enemy pokemon to play as later in the dungeons.
>>
>>384833435
>What's the difference to the main series?
It's roguelike, kind of like an indie game before it was cool. Story is okay but if you're autistic and you like pokemon it might be the best thing in the world for you.
>Can I catch em all?
Technically but you really really dont want to try, it's luck based and a lot of pokemon have really low odds of recruitment and bullshit encounter conditions
>Can I Train all to lv100?
Yeah but stat increases after around level 30 or something are negligible on most pokemon.
Also levelling up is really slow.
>>
>What's the difference to the main series?
It's a mystery dungeon game in a pokémon setting.
Like how hyrule warriors is a dynasty warriors game in a zelda setting.

The Mystery Dungeon games (including the pokémon cross-overs) are relatively challenging turn-based dungeon crawlers.

>Can I catch em all?
No. There are no trainers, or any humans whatsoever, so you play as the pokémon. You can recruit them all though.

Yes.
>>
>>384834938
>being that autistic
>>
>>384835001
settle down, fag boy
>>
>>384833435
>Is it gud
Yes, although you probably won't like it as much if you didn't play it when you were 10.
>What's the difference
It's completely different. It's about survival in deep, randomly generated dungeons. Conservation of items and PP is key.
>Can I catch em all?
Yes. You play as a pokemon and you can recruit them to your team.
Yes.

Explorers is pretty much a direct improvement on Rescue Team. Super changes a bunch of shit. Don't bother with the rest.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.