[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bravely third when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 20

File: 51ZOppNjvtL.jpg (56KB, 500x457px)
51ZOppNjvtL.jpg
56KB, 500x457px
bravely third when?
>>
>>384823717

Never ever, enyoy more mobile crap
>>
I'd honestly rather them make a new Four Heroes of Light game instead considering how they consistently shit the bed with Default and Second.

the games have great ideas but jesus christ, why force the player to play the whole fucking game twice?
>>
>>384824218

>twice

Lol if only they went that far.
>>
>>384824218

Still playing the first one, but they did same thing in the second?
>>
>>384824574
Yeah. They made it just as fucking tedious even though it was the one thing everybody universally reviled about the first.
>>
>>384824558
Doesn't Bravely Default make you do it like 5 or 6 times before you can get the actual ending? Like, I get what they were trying to do, but that gets boring so quickly. It's as bad as watching Endless Eight in chronological order.
>>
>>384824732

Shit, then won't play it for now
>>
>>384823717
Who came up with the title for this game, it makes no sense.
>>
>>384825631

It's the terms for some of the mechanics in the new turnbased combat system (you can "brave" or "default" in combat) but it makes for a retarded name. Apparently the original Japanese name is something like "Flying Fairy" or something along the lines of that but they thought the American market would find that too gay a name to be willing to buy it so that's why we've got Bravely Default.
>>
>>384824574
>but they did same thing in the second
No, they didn't. It gets an alternative ng+ route leading to true ending instead and allows you to replay side quests picking different choices with them. In terms of game structure Second is way better than original and beginning of ng+ route is probably the hypest shit out of both games.
>>
>>384825631
The title is about the game itself bravely defaulting to a more traditional style of JRPG going against the current norm of action RPGs.
>>
>>384825631

The game was originally called Flying Fairy because devs wanted to be cheeky and give away the plot twist.
>>
>>384826995
Anon, it IS called Flying Fairy in Japan.
The re-release (our version is based on that one) is called "Where the Fairy Flies" in Japan.
It doesn't give away the twist unless you know it.
FLying FAiry
The FF also is a stand-in for Final Fantasy since the game is basically an old school Final Fantasy title.
>>
>>384826726
It's about bravely choosing to do nothing.
>>
Beware the Eye of Foundar
>>
>>384827314
I haven't finished this game even one time and I should probably get out of this thread but I got the impression right from the start that that fairy is taking us for a ride.
>>
>>384824879
But it wasn't that bad, side quests on chapters 5 to 8 are skipable, and are there in case you were stupid and accidentally missed a sidequest on chapters 1-4. Chapters 7 and 8 also both change stuff around and have nice character interactions. The only real problem are the 4 repetitive crystal bosses, and at least Gigas Lich can be cheesed by using a Bravely Second Elixir. The real problems are having to mash X instead of using the touch screen and how similar chapters 5 and 6 are.

>>384823717
After how much they fucked up on Bravely Second, I'm good.
>>
>>384827459
Well anon, you just spoiled yourself on your own since I deliberately put it in spoiler tags to not fuck up people like you.
Anyway this is the only twist, nothing else to be spoiled really.
>>
>>384827465
I screwed up my wording there with "real problem", I meant to list the 3 things together.
>>
>>384825101
>>384824732
Second did it much better. Hell it was a much less work than Default
>>
>>384826556
>>384827764

Oh well, nice to hear that, i was almost discouraged
>>
I beated Second yesterday, pretty neat finale
That bit with the adventurer and the hourglass was fucking cool
>>384827465
>side quests on chapters 5 to 8 are skipable
Only in 5, 6 onward you get remixed bosses for adittional challenge and new background. And you should probably still do them in 5 if its your first playtrhought to check is there anything different
>The only real problem are the 4 repetitive crystal bosses
Agree here
>>
Second kinda had a cliffhanger at the end, so i guess eventually unless Square axed the serie because didnt double the sales of default with half the staff
>>
>Turn off random encounters for 5-7
WOW SURE WAS HARD
>>
>>384828393
>Only in 5, 6 onward you get remixed bosses
I meant that if you really just want to beat the game, you can just skip the chapters 5-8 sidequests, though I wouldn't recommend skipping any of 7-8 and some on chapter 6 like Holly and Barras.
>>
>>384827573
The way she's so insistent to do the thing with the crystals ostensibly to save the world and help everyone but also so impatient and angry about you taking the time out to actually help anyone had me smelling a rat from like chapter 2.

I hope the logo they used for "Flying Fairy" makes it real obvious once you know what's up though.
>>
>>384828553
Second had less than half the budget of Default, half the stuff and a MUCH worse composer who basically only does bottom of the barrel harem anime music.
I have no idea what the fuck were they expecting when the second game was clearly given fuck all love and effort.
Don't even get me started on basically 99% of the assets being recycled.
>>
>>384828671
>I hope the logo they used for "Flying Fairy" makes it real obvious once you know what's up though.
The logo literally changes to Lying Airy, dropping the FF, once the plot twist happens.
>>
>>384823717
Never. They shat the bed with Second.
>>
File: 1492904255048.jpg (24KB, 599x357px)
1492904255048.jpg
24KB, 599x357px
>that Edea/Ringabel scene in Yoko's side quest
made the entire game absolutely worth it
>>
>>384828793
they already shat the bed with the first game.
>>
File: 1459146673327.jpg (156KB, 600x600px)
1459146673327.jpg
156KB, 600x600px
They're all working on Project Octopath at the moment.

Also Second sold like shit and got very little publicity so don't hold your breath.
>>
>>384828883
I was 100% happy with the game after that ridiculous 'fashionabluuuh' conversation in Florem.
>>
>>384828962
No, the first game was pretty good, despite its really bad writing. I'm still confused about how they managed to make the writing 10x more retarded in Second. I didn't think that was even possible.
>>
>>384829275
>the first game was pretty good, despite its really bad writing

Oh yeah I love literally playing the entire game 6 times to get the ending.
Fuck Bravely Default and fuck every single person who worked on it.
>>
>>384829275
The original writers all left, none of them worked on Second. That's why.
>>
>Complain a week or two ago on /v/ I can't kill DeRosa
>Go Mystic Sword on everybody with thunder resist, cuts thundra down from 3/4s of my health to less than a quarter of damage.
>Still can't kill him because of Cura healing faster than I can damage, even with 16 attacks in one turn.
>Finally manage to bring him down after forcing him to use all of his MP.

That fight took like 2 hours, and I didn't have Aspir outside of auto-aspir blade at that point. I swear I probably drained 3k MP and let him cast thunder/cura 200 times or so.
>>
>>384829275
I thought the writing was wonderful. I think you just don't appreciate it on the same level as I do.
>>
File: 1414557462513.jpg (234KB, 1000x750px)
1414557462513.jpg
234KB, 1000x750px
So Third will hopefully focus on Ringabel? My nigga has earned it.
>>
>>384829275
>I'm still confused about how they managed to make the writing 10x more retarded in Second.

It looked like they changed the plot at the last moment. I think originally Magnolia was meant to take charge as shown at the end of Default and the game was meant to be set further in the future. The post credit scene in Default and the same scene in Second have some differences in them.

Guess they just tossed it out last minute and made a bland annoying little shit as the main character then just rehashed all the Default bosses for side content.
>>
>>384829597
Tiz and Angnes already got their happpy ending, its Ringabel and Edea's turn now
>I'm Edea Lee, grand marshal of eternia!. Prepare for battle!
>>
>>384829275
I'm still angry that they decided to bring back Tiz and Edea in your party for Second. Tiz you kinda forgive because it was a near given thanks to the teaser at the end of Default, but then you start the game and you already have Yew as your self insert with a bit more personality than Tiz. And then Tiz is away from Agnes for most of the game, it just feels like you're making the guy suffer more for no reason, he should have just been used sparingly in the story like Ringabel. Edea is even worse, she was the one character in Default to have a long, full character arc about morality and different perspectives, and then they bring her back to just be a silly girl who likes food. And then she doesn't have Ringabel in the party to bant with. If it wasn't for the stuff on the Vampire castle I would have ended up hating Edea at the end of the game.
>>
>>384829793
The entire point of all the sidequest in second was Edea learning leadership to become Grand marshal at the end. But you are right about too many food jokes
>>
>>384830346
But if the player makes the choices then it cheapens the idea she's the one maturing, doesn't it? I see your point, but it still feels like shoddy writing, especially with how shitty some of the sidequest scenarios were. I get that it might be the point, but it sucks that even if I agree with the Swordmaster, I have to disagree with him to get his asterisk. Is it supposed to be a "decide between what you think is right and what you want" situation? because even then, there are some situations where you want the asterisk of who you might think is in the wrong anyway.
>>
File: 1386776751642.jpg (35KB, 267x413px)
1386776751642.jpg
35KB, 267x413px
Say what you will about the plot, but the gameplay and job system is top fucking tier and so is Edea's Japanese VA
>>
File: 1490449986808.png (680KB, 618x911px)
1490449986808.png
680KB, 618x911px
>>384829786
>Edea is so madly in love with Ringabel she accepts that she will be alone for her entire life if she can't be with him
>but she has absolutely no interest in Alternis who gets cucked by himself
That moment when Ringabel tries to call Agnes but stumbles upon Alternis was the best ending for an already god-tier side quest.
>>
>>384831057
Edea's western VA was better.
>>
new cast
new setting
new bosses
old characters cameos
REVO back

is all I want
>>
>>384831661
I'd prefer Ringabel and his new party as the main cast, with some occasional Edea so that they can hold hands and get their happy ending already.
>>
File: Snail Face.png (48KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Snail Face.png
48KB, 400x300px
>>384827329
The courage to do nothing*
>>
File: 1495422542834.jpg (27KB, 340x314px)
1495422542834.jpg
27KB, 340x314px
>>384831080
>This is no time for propositions you meanie
>Ahg!....NOOOOOOOOOOO
Poor alternis, the kaiser broke his ass and edea his hearth.

>>384830986
>I get that it might be the point, but it sucks that even if I agree with the Swordmaster, I have to disagree with him to get his asterisk. Is it supposed to be a "decide between what you think is right and what you want" situation? because even then, there are some situations where you want the asterisk of who you might think is in the wrong anyway.
Well, i agree with you there. I guess the devs were expecting for you to take both decisions and then decide the better one?. Dunno, i did that but not everybody will replay the main history twice before jumping into chapter 5. Besides, no decisions have lasting consequences besides a couple of npc appearing here and there. Good idea, not so good execution
>>
>>384823717
>game where you have to let the bad thing happen several times in a row even though any person with a single functioning brain cell would've caught on to airy's shit by the first loop
>needing a sequel

Bravely second shouldn't have even happened, no one needs a bravely third

If that BD defense force faggot is in this thread I want you to know its STILL not good writing to make the player """""bravely default"""""" to the shit decisions
>>
>my autism wouldnt let me skip the repeat quests and boss fights in BD

I never picked up BS because of this shit.

The only times it was worth it were the last 3 or so fights in the last world, when everyone starts teaming up to train the team.

My memory is foggy but why are people in that last world so helpful to the players? Why don't they want to kill you like in the other worlds/why do they not die when you beat them?
>>
>>384823717
More importantly, will it be on 3DS or Switch?
>>
>>384827459
I wanted to mash X on the crystals since the first part of the game because I didn't trust her when she said stop but the game only lets you do that on chapter 5 onwards.
>>
>>384833756
>why do they not die when you beat them?
You kill them in first and second world (except white mage and monk, you discover in second worl she used a selfresurrect on them after the fight and just run away). After that everybody is kinda friends so you just beat them.

For bravely second looks like they mixed the last world with the first one or something
>>
>>384833802
better be on 3ds, its the only reason i bought a 3ds.

I dont want to buy a fucking switch - nintendo are garbage 99% of the time, knockoff final fantasy was the only thing to get me buying nintendo, don't make me buy more than 1 of their damn platforms :/
>>
>>384823717
After you make sure to buy Octopath Traveler.
>>
>>384827465
>chapters 5 to 8 are skippable, and are there in case you were stupid and accidentally missed a sidequest on chapters 1-4

No, they're there so you can get the Crystal Armor (best armor in the game) and more Hermes Boots (best, most broken/abusable accessory in the game)

I did all of the sidequests on every chapter, it was worth the tedium imo if you like subtleties like this

Lets take jackal

First you just kill him

If you fight him again and again you learn you were fucking orphaning children he was taking care of after you kill him

If you continue further he survives.the fights (i assume because everyone is stronger each proceeding world, though idk for sure) i.e. happy day

If you kill Holly and Baras over and over, you find out they were lovers and you were basically making them watch each other die over and over

Continue, and they will survive, and open a clinic together

I forget, but in one of the worlds, it's heavily implied but never addressed that the main cast of that world had died already, if you do shit like fight Ominas, he'll freak out at Edea like he's looking at a ghost and shit

Kill the Summoner over and over and she gets progressively more insane every encounter, until the last one where she of course survives, and then snaps out of it

In the later chapters, the bosses will then start to team up on you like 3 and 4 at a time and it gets fucking hard as hell because many of these bosses were designed to fight 1 on 4 with minions thrown in

They synergize too, Ominas will start Firaga'ing Yulyana, who will absorb it and heal to full and shit while that faggot Knight covers everyone with his passive

Tedium is real, but there is tight shit to be had if you are willing to go through it
>>
>>384828671
Not how the number imprinted on her wings changes every time you complete a set of crystals
>>
>>384836290
Agreed, the writing was neat if you were willing to put up with the endlessly repeating fights.

But what do I know, I just grinded a few hours and blew through every main quest and sidequest in the second half of the game with Stillness + Hasten World. Tedious, but quick and efficient.
>>
Didn't the devs say more default info was coming on the game's 4th anniversary? That was a while ago. Why would they announce that they were going to announce something and not announce it?
>>
>>384823717
Whenever it is, the rule stays the same
>no Airy, no buy
>>
>>384828782
>Dropping the FF

you mean like how the game was originally going to be a Final Fantasy until they changed their mind? That's clever.
>>
>>384823717
The team is currently making Ocotopath Traveler so probably after that. Probably testing the switch waters in the event they want to put Third on it.

Thats my guess anyway.
>>
>>384836694
If you wanted to blow through the game you could just used the Hasten World + 4 ninja infinite valkyrie jump

You turn on auto repeat and never have to touch the face buttons again, the most literal "one button win" in any game to date
>>
I wanna get this ported to PC pls
>>
>>384837291
I hope we see more of that game soon.

Also, Square Enix seems pretty supportive of the Switch, having stuff like Dragon Quest XI, the port of I am Setsuna and the announcement of Lost Sphear from its developers on it, so Bravely Third will definitely come to it unless the series got iced. But the official Bravely Series twitter account said that Bravely would continue after Octopath Traveler's announcement.
>>
>>384837435
fully playable on citra
>>
>>384837125
Yeah, it literally becomes Lying Airy with capital L and A, the Fs are gone entirely.
>>
>>384837435

Wait some years when there are mobile ports
>>
>>384837913
gud 2 know

>>384838328
I was really glad they ported ff tactics to android
bought the shit out of it
>>
>>384838403

And they use those ports to PC later, also FFT when?
>>
>>384836290
those 4 on 4 fights were the best part of the game hands down

I'd kind of been breezing through the game before but once I hit those fights I actually had to bunker down and come up with a strategy
>>
>>384837063
Anne is in the second one and she's much better
>>
>>384838574
I agree
>>
File: 1468293516640.png (43KB, 162x162px)
1468293516640.png
43KB, 162x162px
>tfw Dark Knight + Spell Fencer secondary was so overpowered in the first game they removed the ability to cast drain on weapons entirely
>mfw i just slapped Exorcist onto my Dark Knight in Second instead.
>>
>>384838959

What others broken combinations there are?
>>
>>384839070
Wizard + Time Mage breaks the game in half with Meteor + Rain + Ventriloquism. Enjoy each character casting Meteor 16 times, with a chance to cast it 4 times again.
>>
>>384839070
Guardian/Knight Edea with Default Block

Make everyone else a ghost wizard, with ventriloquism and Time Magic, Free Mp in a Pinch (you are at 0 health in Ghost which is below the 20% threshold it activates and so you have infinite mana always) and then spam cast Meteor + Rain spellcraft
>>
I liked the monk/dark knight suicide bomber in default, with that 'damage upon death' passive and the 'may resurrect yourself every turn' one.
in second i like that auto attack build i do sometimes with the ranger, chariot or weebmaster

I dont like repeating jobs
>>
>>384839070
Stillness skill + Hasten World passive. As long as you made sure three of your characters went first in a turn and the character with Stillness went after them but still before the enemies, you became completely invincible. The three party members Brave three times and use attack skills ending up at -4BP, the fourth one braves a couple times and uses attacks/buffs and Stillness at the end which negates all damage given and received for two turns (but only the damage received in this case since your attackers already moved), the enemies waste their turn doing zero damage to the party, Hasten World activates at the end of the turn and adds +1BP to everyone in the battle so that your party gets to -2BP and is still protected by Stillness for that turn of inactivity, then gets back to 0BP on the next turn and you can do everything over again.
>>
>>384839070
Ninja and Chariot are broken as fuck since you can essentially attack a fuckton of times with weapons glued all over your body and not have to worry about taking damage when you can dodge.
>>
Great games.

Bravely Default is tighter, yes BAWWWW OPTIONAL REPEATING WORLDS BAWWWW everything else is hype and on-point.

Bravely Second's story is less good but it actually won me over with its unique jobs. Exorcist, Guardian and Yokai were fucking sick. These games blow Final Fantasy out of the water; I honestly can't comprehend why anyone wouldn't like them other than just being a fucking faggot.
>>
>>384838959
>Op farming xp and gil in that one meadow in the first game
>they try to eliminate auto-farming like that in Second
>those dumb motherfuckers put a move like Halfsies in the game
>Go to grapp keep, all enemies are undead, Halfsies phoenix downs on the whole enemy squad for instakills
>chain 4 or more times (however many times you can burn your BP, sometimes you get random Feeling Brave bonuses)
>rinse and repeat
>it also just gets better later on bcuz higher level Grapp Keep

These FOOLS
>>
I've been playing Second after immediately beating Default and boy the differences in tone is fucking terrible. Default was mostly dark with touches of levity, where Second is all jokes and Yew spouting some horseshit about gravy with a touch of dark.Yew might be the worst protag ever, made even worse by the fact that the previous game's protag is present in the party. Magnolia is a one trick pony and only exists to be Yew's cocksleeve and make the occasional baal buster joke. Edea has been reduced to a sweet craving idiot with no one to play her foil because Ringabel fucked off after Default. Tiz is ok, his new hair is stupid looking though. I don't know if this terrible writing is the result of a botched translation or if the game was actually like this in japanese but it's gotten to the point where I'm skipping cutscenes.
>>
>have Bravely Second ordered on Amazon
>3 days later am notified that the seller no longer has the item in stock and I will be refunded
>am not refunded after a week
>try to order game again
>consistently out of stock since the middle of June
>FUCKING GAMESTOP doesn't have it in my tiny hick ass town

Serves me right for buying video games like a faggot
>>
>>384839967
It's like that in the original too. Bravely Default got lighter and lighter in progressive worlds and Second continued on from there.
>>
>>384840062
E-shop nigga

Unless you got one of them poorfag SDs then my condolences
>>
>>384840148
Nah, I've got 300,000 blocks but only buy digital if I'm absolutely desperate like I was for Uprising
>>
>>384840141
By "the original" i don't mean Default, but Second's Japanese script, sorry if I was unclear.
>>
>>384839241
>>384839429
>>384839570
>>384839627

Oh well, i was thinking more about the first game, but still thanks for the info
>>
>>384840320
Stillness + Hasten World is for Default, they removed the class that had Stillness in Second.
>>
>>384839895
>higher level Grapp Keep
Is that good?. Endgame i was spaming summons on florem garden, with a couple of pink chomps x4 i already had 999 job points

>spend like 1m and a half gil on boss gear
>>
I want to fuck the fairy
>>
>>384825631
Japs
They pick words they think look or sound cool
>>
>>384840141
>Party been slacking off or some shit these niggas like lvl 15 now
>bitch asses threw away all they legendary armor and weapons or some shit dumb fukin niggas
>where da fuck all yo axteriks gone boi damn
>My dawg Tiz got a mofuckin' weave an' a morphsuit
>Ba'al bustin' the fuck outta here french ass baguette bitch
>Yew gotta be kiddin me
>Edea still thick as hell shiet bitch eatin' spicy shit now she 'stead o' sugar so she gettin' them mixtape braps nawaimsayin'
>>
>>384839895
I don't think the developers try to completely kill OP builds, they just give you new tools for making different ones and nerf/remove old ones so that you can't just get carried by the same ones over multiple games.
>>
>>384840320
For Default use >>384837378 for one button win
>>
>>384840062

I'm glad that i got it in my third world country, not that cheap, but it was not difficult to find. Also, is the BS collector's edition worthy?
>>
>>384839967
It's mostly agreed on that Default has the better tone, party and soundtrack, while Second has nicer models and gameplay. Tiz feels like an outsider on Second's party, the Geneolgia family origin later on is pretty nice, but outside of that Second is a disappointing conclusion to the story set up on Default, most of it feels like it could just not have happened and pretend that everyone in Default just lived happily ever after.

If anything, enjoy how awesome the Wizard job is, it's hands down the greatest thing in Second.
>>
>>384840474
>they removed the class that had Stillness in Second.
Speaking of the spirit master, whatever happend to him and victoria in second?. I was expecting second to follow on Victor doing something with the strain of hair he got from Derosso in Default
>>
>>384840512
It's just not resource intensive is all

You get Halfsies at lvl 2 Freelancer and phoenix downs are cheap as fuck and you can buy stacks of 99 easy, especially since you net more money doing this than what you spend on the cottage and the phoenix downs combined
>>
>>384840735
>Also, is the BS collector's edition worthy?
I have the crazy 100€ LEs for both games. Kinda not worth it for the first game because the Agnes statue is nothing special (though mine was fine and not an abortions like some of the ones I saw online) and the artbook is 50-something pages. The one for Second is worth it for the crazy huge artbook (250+ pages) alone and the Agnes figure is amazing.
>>
>>384840735
>is the BS collector's edition worthy?
Depends, do you care about censorship?. I read here the western version has some pics from the art book removed/altered
>>
it was pretty spooky when people kept saying
>bravely second: the courage to try again
after the moon exploded
>>
>>384829559
Are you retarded bosses have thousands of mp just to counter that
>>
>>384840913
>>384841023

The one that i'm looking, only have the artbook and the music, but i'm only tempted for the book, and i don't care that much for the censorship,
>>
>>384841317
The artbook is completely worth it.
>>
File: IMG_8877.gif (1MB, 250x233px)
IMG_8877.gif
1MB, 250x233px
Hopefully never. You'd have to be 12 to have enjoyed BD's artstyle and writing, not to mention that phoned in second half (ignoring the unoriginality behind the first half, of course)
Turn-Based Combat is outdated
3DS is a shit piece of hardware
>>
>>384829020
>Project Octopath
Isn't it basically a faux 16-bit e-shop game?
I doubt it could take much work.
>>
File: WA A.png (428KB, 745x668px)
WA A.png
428KB, 745x668px
>>384823717
>tfw kinda want to get a 3ds to play these games and ever oasis
>>
>>384841420

Good, gonna buy then
>>
File: IMG_9537.jpg (58KB, 500x375px)
IMG_9537.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
>>384841776
May as well get a Switch, at least BotW is semi-decent for 5 hours. The kids on the playground don't want to see that clunky ass 3DS, they've got $800 phones with better games on them.
>>
File: smug.jpg (58KB, 480x530px)
smug.jpg
58KB, 480x530px
>>384841527
>>
>>384841532
We know nothing of its scope yet.
>>
File: anne.png (475KB, 544x669px)
anne.png
475KB, 544x669px
>>384823717
Any other games with sexy fairy cumsluts?
>>
File: dq9-stella.jpg (100KB, 700x900px)
dq9-stella.jpg
100KB, 700x900px
>>384842028
Dragon Quest IX
>>
>>384841527
So, in other words, the games were a masterpiece and you're just a sniveling cunt? Sounds like we need a third one now.
>>
>>384839070
I haven't got very far, but damage dispersion with revenge or whatever the RDM's get hit, get brave ability is works great. Someone gets an extra brave point on average from every attack, and in fights with there's looks of mooks, it really adds up.
>>
>>384841937
Do they have the games I mentioned for the switch? or at least the Wii u?
Hell a Wii u might be worth it for Bayo 2 alone
I just don't know
>>
File: 1444705254842.jpg (864KB, 3026x4215px)
1444705254842.jpg
864KB, 3026x4215px
>>384842028

Neptunia
>>
>>384841280
Which is honestly pretty dumb, why even put MP drain in the game if you're going to make it useless? It's just like how ailments don't work on bosses in any FF.

At any rate, I felt like he was a boss I was suppose to go back and face later on since his physical attack would nearly kill anyone hit by it and I couldn't overcome his 2000 HP healed per turn yet.
>>
>>384842178
Yes, they were masterpieces.
For 12 year olds>>384842181
>>
>>384841776
buy a 2ds are very cheap rigth now
>>
>>384841527
>This game was stupid
>The story was stupid
>And I don't like these kinds of games anyway
>Nor do I like the device it was on

So let me understand this, you for some reason bought a 3DS, then bought a game in a genre you don't like, and played it to completion? Why?
>>
>>384842440
Which encounter of him were you even facing
>>
I feel like there should be some tougher enemies visible on screen and guarding some parts of the dungeons to prevent simply cheesing them with zero encounters. One dungeon in Second did it and it was fine. Otherwise it feels like you can just run from one boss to another, especially if your job setup is good.
>>
>>384842695
The first
>>
I loved Bravely Default but I just couldn't get into Bravely Second for some reason. It just felt like a chore to play. I don't know why
>>
>>384842781
Maybe you got burned out on the world and characters? They did reuse a lot.
>>
>>384842781
Early game is kind of a slog since you barely get money and cant buy gear/items
>>
File: 1490101230962.png (590KB, 566x582px)
1490101230962.png
590KB, 566x582px
>Yew/Magnolia
How the fuck this annoying pairing even ended up in this game?
It's like they were written by a completely different person who tried to make them as forced as possible. And it's not like it's Second's problem with romances in general, it gave a great closure to Tis/Agnes, teased the everliving shit out of Ringabel/Edea and also did Altair/Vega quite well.
>>
File: 3dse.png (69KB, 931x607px)
3dse.png
69KB, 931x607px
>>384841776
>>
>>384843335
Well, it was literally forced by the game itself and Vega to be a parallel to Vega/Altair's romance.
>>
>>384843335
Altair/Vega storyline was probably one of the best shit to come out of BS
>>
File: IMG_9558.jpg (37KB, 250x225px)
IMG_9558.jpg
37KB, 250x225px
>>384842684
Well I didn't know beforehand that the story was going to be drivel. As far as the combat goes, it's not that I don't like it, it's just oudated, I.E. I was kind of hoping the story might be good, if not great. Turn-Based combat is accessible. That's it. It's not complicated, or satisfying. It's just there in the hope to have your game not be labeled a VN. The only thing going for the combat system is visuals, so if you're going to be a lazy motherfucker and use it in today's market, you better have some pretty good looking visuals.
To be fair the 3DS isn't all terrible, aside from its pointless gimmick. The hardware CAN handle some good looking games, but it also encourages and has cemented the mentality that developers can make uninspired, shit looking games (like Bravely Default, Fire Emblem, etc...) and get away with it... because they can... because nobody has any fucking standards.
Chibishit and entry level toonami-tier anime writing can only carry a shitty, unengaging plotline and boring fucking combat so far. Specifically as far as one rehashed sequel that bombs and rightfully kills the creatively dead franchise.

Yeah, I hate games that evidently don't have a single creative spark to even originate from. What a shocker that the Producer of BD would go on to direct Octagon Traverser, another game designed to sell on the accomplishments and originality of people who were making games before he (presumably) was born. Fucking hack(s).
>>
The game has a fantastic first half and completely crappy second half.

Anyone who thinks the entire game is fantastic because of the first half is just as stupid as people who think the entire game is crappy because of the second half.
>>
They wewere selling this game for 1.99 at my local dollar store (99cents stores for those wondering). Was it really that bad as they say??
>>
>>384842901

Yeah that might be it, for the third game they should really use a new engine and new characters and maybe a new world, I'm definitely burned out on Luxendarc after literally repeating it 100 times in the original, visiting those same locations again in Second made me feel nauseous. They should make it like Final Fantasy and make the next one unrelated to the first except in themes, job system, mechanics etc.
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.