[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holy shit this is actually pretty good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 60

File: Destiny-2-Official-Reveal-Art[1].jpg (518KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2-Official-Reveal-Art[1].jpg
518KB, 1900x1068px
holy shit this is actually pretty good
>>
File: 1488238536549.jpg (57KB, 955x536px) Image search: [Google]
1488238536549.jpg
57KB, 955x536px
It was incredibly dull.
>>
>>384815598
like that show
>>
>>384815598

Why?
>>
>>384815804
Not him but something just doesn't click. It looks incredible and the gunplay feels great but there's something that doesnt work, and that's probably that it doesnt have much of a personality or something.
>>
>>384815598
For you
>>
>>384815470
>Make shooter with high mobility and special abilities
>Make cooldowns too long for abilities to be useful
>>
>>384815975
let me guess, playing with M&K?
>>
>>384815470
Warframe is superior in every fucking way and its currently for free in all platforms.

Theres litterally 0 (ZERO) reasons to waste money on this garbage.
>>
>>384818693
the beta is not out on pc
>>
>>384818762
As someone who plays Warframe, don't play Warframe.
>>
>>384818762
Warframe is just as bad

At the very least you need to shoot stuff in Destiny, not run past every enemy at the speed of sound
>>
>>384818568
Hopefully they tune this accordingly.

A beta is a good time for them to get this shit ironed out.

Who else SENTINAL here?
>>
>>384819002
Where is that character from
>>
>>384819060
But they want that MLG balance

But also the casual audience

But mostly your money
>>
I found it fucking boring personally.

It was more of the same. But with less.
>>
>>384819060
>>384819185
Basically, the biggest issue in D1 was that in PvP nades and supers were pretty much the only things you used to kill people (With the occasional sniper/shotgun shot when necessary). So Bungie must've though "oh shit, let's nerf them both" but by making BOTH the cooldowns AND the damage absolute garbage they've ruined the point of the abilities.
>>
File: c7d.gif (282KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
c7d.gif
282KB, 720x720px
>>384815470
Gameplay feels a step up from Destiny 1.
Guns are organized better. Snipers needed to be heavy from the start, if only in pvp.
PvP feels a bit better. Guns are favored more, supers have been toned down a tad. Grenades were nerfed as they fucking should've been.
Strike was neat. Had some interesting mechanics and level design we haven't seen in Destiny yet.
Also there's a story. Don't know if it's good, but some story is better than the scribbled wet napkin we got last time.

However:
Paying $60 for 1/5th of a game that'll take 3 years to finish doesn't interest me.
Only reason I played Destiny 1 so much is because I picked up the complete edition for $30 during E3. I'm not willing to pay $60 now, plus $30 every 6 months for another 2-3 years just to play a game that has enough content to come back to.
Once you hit max light level, what's the point? Replay strikes over and over until you get the best RNG loot? Try and LFG for some raids? PvP until you can wack off to a triple down without using your hands?
>>
>>384819148
Splatoon
>>
>>384819506
>Strike had interesting mechanics
You mean shoot stuff until it dies?
That's all the strike had, the boss was a four phase bullet sponge
>>
>>384819060
Apparently, the build they used for the beta is actually old and they changed quite a few things in regards to how weapons work. I don't know if they did the same with ability cooldowns though.
They probably will tweak cooldowns eventually since almost everyone is quite vocally complaining about it.
>>
>>384815598
anime is for faggots
>>
>>384815598
I didn't play it but D1 was also one of the most dull games I ever played. I literally fell asleep playing it like 3 different times. this was at release.
>>
>>384820039
Please don't fall for the "beta is not representative of finished product" bullshit. We're probably getting basically this, maybe slightly tweaked, and it'll take months of fans screaming before Bungie actually fixes it.
Source: Destiny 1
>>
>>384819506
I can't wait until the PvP meta devolves into one loadout, one character, and one subclass

Because of the lack of random rolls, it'll happen
I guess if everyone is the same a game is balanced

Then PvEwill suffer again because people whine about PvP
>>
File: Destiny 2.png (339KB, 855x464px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny 2.png
339KB, 855x464px
>>384821341
A dev literally said the loot system, one of two core mechanics in a looter shooter, is currently and likely will be unfinished at launch

It's pretty bad when a dev admits a game will probably release as an unfinished product
>>
>having to pick between 30fps or P2P for a $120 point and shoot game

nope not buying it
>>
File: expansion passes.jpg (115KB, 687x481px) Image search: [Google]
expansion passes.jpg
115KB, 687x481px
It's literally worse than D1 in every way
>gear doesnt carry over
>will have to pay another $200 for the full game yet again
>PvP reduced to 4v4 because 6v6 was "too hectic"
>was actually changed because "we want the e-sports audience"
>gameplay is incredibly slow now
>extended cooldowns to the point they might as well not exist
>this also extends to PvE making grinding strikes even more of a chore
>reduced amount of classes to 2 once again
>golden gun is trash
>replaced sunsinger
>snipers, shotguns, and fusion rifles all moved to heavy weapon class
>removed grimoire cards for ebin capeshit cinematics with token quips
>>
How long is beta for?

Just downloaded Jap beta
>>
>>384824286
>replaced sunsinger
This is what gets me. Now the only non-kill super is titan's shield.
>>
>>384824286
Maybe this time the expansion pass will last until the third game
That'd be the only improvement

>>384824428
By that I'm guessing you mean the Ward of Dawn upgrade
>>
>>384815975
>gunplay feels great
What a fucking meme
It's a blurry mess that feels fucking horrible, microstuttering at 30 fps low fucking fov and retarded aim acceleration and huge bullet magnetism because it's so bad to fucking aim with the controller
>>
>>384819060
That's the thing. If they have stupid cooldowns this far along, they're part of the core design. Cool things, new things, things that dramatically alter how the game could be played have to be muted for the sake of making sure no one is turned off.
>>
File: 1499870944935.jpg (48KB, 720x459px) Image search: [Google]
1499870944935.jpg
48KB, 720x459px
>>384824286
>replaced sunsinger

Fuck this game and bungie.
>>
>>384824310
it's free for everyone now,no need for the jap beta
>>
File: seatbelt.jpg (26KB, 277x320px) Image search: [Google]
seatbelt.jpg
26KB, 277x320px
>>384819506
>Paying $60 for 1/5th of a game that'll take 3 years to finish doesn't interest me.
I don't care. I already KNOW I'll spend well over 60 hours on this version alone, so the money is more than worth it
Also, playeing the content as it comes out >>>>>>> playing it all at once after a cheap bundle comes out

It's a completely different experience. You may pay less for more 3 years from now, but 90% of the content will feel dull and easy by then, you'll pretty much only end up playing the content of the specific expansion the game is on at that moment anyway. So in the end all you did was wasting away hours of fun with friends throughout the years.
Doing the first Nightfall ever in Destiny's launch was a thing from another world, so was experiencing the first Raid when no one knew what to expect out of it. It's also fun to have a context to all the changes and get an idea of how much the game changed from year1 to year3.

I'll gladly pay160€ over the course of 3 years rather than ignore the game for 2 years (skipping all the content when it was actually relevant, and having no idea how the game evolved) just to save some money. Compared to what you'd pay for a MMO in 3 years, Destiny is dirt cheap.

>Once you hit max light level, what's the point? Replay strikes over and over until you get the best RNG loot? Try and LFG for some raids? PvP until you can wack off to a triple down without using your hands?
You know what? That's a very retarded question. Destiny is a grind game and it doesn't hide it. You could ask the same about any MMO, Diablo, PSO or Monster Hunter.
If you don't like the grind or repeating content then it's not the game for you, it's that simple.

And why don't you ask the same for any shooter?
>PvP until you can wack off to a triple down without using your hands?
So you're saying Halo2 (or every MP shooter ever) is shit? You play them for no reason whatsoever, there's zero reward after each match after all.
>>
>>384824705
>controller
you're doing it wrong
>>
>>384824428
You mean Replaced gernade spam revive pleb class. In the trash where it goes.
>>
>>384824734
You are the reason this game is shit. Your grenade spam. You PvP faggot
>>
>>384825123
>Grenade spam
Yeah, that was super OP compared to Lightning warlocks

You know, run around holding one button and killing everything in front of you

Sunsinger was super OP
>>
>>384824969
>>384825123
>waaaaa mommy he pressed Q when I didnt have any Q

Destiny is NOT a competitive game, the first game at least separated the normal multiplayer from the tryhard modes of Banner and Trials but it quickly became obvious that even if Bungie tweaked "problem weapons" like Spindle, the game could never be truly competitive even under specific settings.

Now everyone has to suffer slow as molasses CS wannabe 4v4 gameplay across the board with that awful 20 tick rate.
>>
>>384825790
I don't get the grenade spam thing either
IMO the only grenades that needed adjusted were sticky grenades because they were one shots if you threw them close enough due to tracking, and Titans and Warlocks being able to get two
Every other grenade was just a bit of AOE damage like in any other FPS
>>
I remember when Bungie announced they were making a new IP I was so hyped up to play it, and then the Destiny 1 beta happened and just was so boring. Weapons are all uninteresting, and the loot system is a mistake.
The worst part is how every boss is just a big bullet-sponge.
>>
File: 1500348747478.jpg (72KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
1500348747478.jpg
72KB, 448x473px
>>384820014
I meant the map, really. The giant rotating spinning shit leading up to it was unexpected, and the boss dropping the floor out was also.
I guess interesting was the wrong word. I should've said unexpected, or different than what we're used to playing D1.

>>384821664
So the lack of random rolls is actually a thing? I read something about them making inherent perks in each gun that are different from one another, but I'm not sure.

>>384824774
The question about hitting max light level was honest. I enjoy grinding games, and picked up Destiny during the E3 sale with two friends. One dropped it because there wasn't enough difference between guns to make it feel like getting a new item was rewarding. One stuck with it, and we hit 400 light a short while ago playing casually, and now we genuinely don't know what to do. Are you just supposed to replay everything until you get the rolls you want? What happens after that?
And mentioning other shooters is pointless. I never said playing other shooters wasn't repetitive and largely unrewarding.
>>
D1
>has a decent yet extremely repetitive PvE
>raids were the one thing everyone who has done them agrees is the best part of the game
>has arguably the worst balance of all shooters throughout its lifetime

D2
>focuses on PvP and being "balanced"
>takes away subclass options
>takes away gear rolls
>lowers ability damages
>increases ability cooldowns
>put 6 gun types into "power" weapon slot
>PvE suffers

they ruined the one part and maybe the only of the game that was actually decent
>>
>>384827413
There will be set perks on weapons and mods

Whatever those will do
Needless to say, you'll see everyone using the same few weapons, using the same few mods

PvP balance will essentially be communism, everyone has the same stuff so everyone is equal
>>
>>384827413
Even the drill feels like a missed opportunity
I hoped you'd have to fight while moving between the three layers to avoid the drill, staying aware of it and the enemy

But it's just a giant prop
>>
>>384819060
>Sentinal
>not Sentinel
>not Senital
>>
File: too.jpg (107KB, 1504x1393px) Image search: [Google]
too.jpg
107KB, 1504x1393px
I played the living shit of the first one, I loved it even with it shittiness
Hoping this one is hated so not many people get it at the beginning and I can grind faster than the rest to fuck some pussies in trials of osiris
>>
File: DS90-Priest-Frame-1024x576.jpg (61KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
DS90-Priest-Frame-1024x576.jpg
61KB, 1024x576px
>>384818762
> Nerfs every fucking update
> Bad scaling
> Bugs every fucking update
> Gacha cards that require grinding to reroll
> Gameplay is litterally one massive grind
> nerfs
> nerfs
> Oh whats that you're having fun? Fuck you have a nerf

To make things even more insulting. They nerfed the newest frame to nigh uselessness in the very first day it was released.

However this Destiny2 is still fucking worse.
>>
name me ONE (1) game that has not been ruined by pvpers in a game that offers both pve and pvp.

YOU LITERALLY CAN'T DO IT. pvp is a huge meme outside of pvp-only games. pve and pvp cant be mixed, ever.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170716-111025.png (341KB, 1212x981px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170716-111025.png
341KB, 1212x981px
>>384818568
>High mobility

Damn that's a good joke. It seems like it should but it's clunky as fuck
>>
File: 1497175298032.jpg (26KB, 283x314px) Image search: [Google]
1497175298032.jpg
26KB, 283x314px
What do normies think about it?
>>
>>384828936
The first one was a success despite all of its problems, so I guess they like it
>>
File: thonk.png (43KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
thonk.png
43KB, 320x320px
Maybe Overwatch would also be better with longer cooldowns and one ult per game
>>
File: 1500353085404.jpg (123KB, 960x718px) Image search: [Google]
1500353085404.jpg
123KB, 960x718px
>>384827783
Oh great, so it'll just be another game that gets meta'd to death. At least Destiny 1 let you run around with pretty much any subclass and any weapon in pvp. You'd do just fine without the best exotics or legendary weapons. But you're right, I can see it becoming a bunch of samefagging nonsense. If weapons themselves aren't copypasted between loadouts, then at least the mods will, and that's still unoriginal as hell.

>>384827904
It did feel like it had more potential, now that you mention it.
Still, the only half assed similar thing Destiny 1 was when you had to jump between two hive ships to get to a blocked off area. Other than the occasional "kill things, grab orb" rehashed shit, everything in D1 was killing a big bad or a few waves before moving to the next area.
>>
>>384819506
aw man, this so much
>>
>>384829178
It'll be Fatebringer, Black Hammer, and Gjallerhorn all over again

But now it'll be Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, and Black Hammer or GJallerhorn
>>
File: 13776-97.jpg (16KB, 190x248px) Image search: [Google]
13776-97.jpg
16KB, 190x248px
>>384829148
Even when playing my ass off, going 7 and 0 for the first few minutes, finishing around 22 and 4, I still only got my ult once.
Once.
When I used it, I just traded with a guy.
>>
>>384829545
Sad thing is Nighttalker won't return because of it, just imagine how angry people would be when one person can shut down a whole team's supers

So the one thing that made hunters viable in PvE is slated to die
>>
>Two Primary weapon slots
Fucking WHY. When a weapon is shit because of a patch, just like Pulse Rifles were for almost the entirety of Destiny 1, your choice of weapons is already severely limited.

They didn't even bother to add a new primary weapon type it seems. Pulse, Auto, Scout Rifles and Handcannon.
>>
>>384829886
They added to it
Submachine guns, which I'm calling as replacing high fire rate auto rifles
And Sidearms, which are handcannons, but shit
>>
>>384830015
Sidearms were in Destiny 1. Not sure when they were added, but they're in D1 now, and are mostly disappointing.

The addition of submachine guns is fine, but to me they're mostly just an oh shit button.
>>
>>384830015
Sidearms aren't confirmed to be in yet are they? I didn't see any reason to use them in the secondary slot in Destiny 1, and still don't see a reason for them in either primary slot. SMGs I can't see a reason for either unless the upclose damage/impact is much higher than Auto rifles.

On PC you could just roll double scouts or scout/handcannon and go for only headshots which will be very consistent
>>
File: 2017-07-22 17.34.59.png (366KB, 1212x981px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-22 17.34.59.png
366KB, 1212x981px
>>384828802
>>
>>384830190
It's just sad knowing SMG's aren't technically new, just a new name for an existing weapon archetype

>>384830214
Sidearms are in the beta
And are inferior to SMGs in every way
>>
>>384830214
Sidearms were good for PvP
Especially now because you lose all special ammo when you die, but you always respawn with a sidearm mag, so it's an "oh shit" button

And a very effective one at that
>>
>>384830970
You lost all special ammo when you died in D1.
In D2, the only ammo crates are for heavy, so they have to spawn everyone with special ammo.
And it's about fucking time, too. You know how stupid it was having 3 guns and only being able to use one consistently? I know they couldn't have everyone running around with special ammo because of snipers, but that just meant that every other special weapon type suffered.
>>
>>384832158
Too bad that means all boss damage will be from one of two primaries in PvE

Even the strike now feels sluggish because you don't have anything to do any real damage

But I guess it's fine because players in PvP use snipers, which need headshots to kill, and shotguns which could've just had range reduction

But making them on the same tier as Rocket launchers works too
>>
Arctrider is amazing with is combos
>>
>>384832649
It's literally bladedancer, but with no range
>>
>>384832470
That strike was disappointing as hell..
Like all strikes, it was sorta neat the first time you do it, then every subsequent run sucks when your randos can't get their shit together.
Two man premade fireteam, and our third fucked us 3 times in a row because he wanted to be captain america and smashing board the fucking boss.
Sad thing is, his shitty ult did less damage than our shitty guns, so you're right about primaries being trash. The best damage I was able to do was when the boss hit me with arc damage and activated my exotic SMG perk. But I shouldn't need to have a fucking exotic to do something interesting.

Moving snipers to heavy was probably the best change about pvp, next to nerfing grenades.
But my main complaint is that the changes made everything feel more like a generic shooter now. Grenade spam sucked, but at least they gave flavor to PvP. Getting hit with hammers as soon as you spawned was ass, but it didn't feel boring because there was space magic bullshit going on. Now that cooldowns are fucked across the board, it's down to being a gun game. And not even a gun game with magic space guns, just the regular ones with bullets.
Might sound contradictory, being happy with grenade nerfs while still missing powers, but I'm saying that D2 sacrificed what made it interesting for balance.
>>
>>384833757
Why do snipers need to be heavies to balance PvP?
>>
>>384828485
FFXIV.
>>
I told you guys it would be, but some of you are PCMR elitist faggots who hate on every shooter.
>>
>>384834175
>He wants to be sniped as soon as he starts the match.
Because their damage and range combined with openness of maps in D1 was garbage. There's only a handful of maps where sniping wasn't immediately accessible to someone that knew what they were doing, and it was unfair to new players or those that didn't play crucible all day long.
Two friends of mine outright refused to play crucible any more after getting sniped 5 times in a row during the first few games we played.
>>
Needs ps plus to play the demo. Fuck this trash.
>>
>>384830443
Thank you anon
>>
>shotguns and snipers are in the special weapons slot
>ability cooldowns very long and "PVP" balanced to do no damage
>none of the weapons I got were particarly neat or interesting
I'm not a fan, especially the way PVE is right now you just rush to the boss to end the mission without wasting abilities on the useless legendaries. I'm also just bummed I still have no shotgun
>>
>>384835108
So remove special weapons rather than design better maps

Ok
>>
>>384824734
Fuck off sun shitter. Now you no longer have a crutch self rez to rely on anymore and have to actually complete the content without fucking up.
>>
>>384818762
>every way
I'll agree that Destiny is shit and all but FPS PVP is way better than the jumbled mess that is Conclave
>>
>>384836159
>INB4 an exotic gives Dawnbreaker self res
>>
>>384836667
I doubt it. They removed it for a reason.
>>
Is Bungie the only developer that is still holding on to the idea of a 30fps shooter?

Everyone else has gone 60 even on console; and their game feels like shit in comparison.
>>
>>384836940
The casuals will complain that raids are too hard and they'll bring it back, I guarantee it
>>
>>384837138
Nah. I'd honestly say it's far more likely they'd add ressing to hard mode or something like that. They acknowledged that selfress broke the game too often.
>>
>>384815470
Cant wait to wait a year for the third subclassess
>>
>>384815470
played it for a bit
even if the framerate wasn't choppy and I had binocular vision fov it's boring as shit
sometimes difficult to distinguish from the first game
>>
>>384837340
Self res only broke the game because it was too punishing, King's fall and Wrath of the machine almost required six people, so self res was a way for weaker players to not hold the team back

At least warlocks will have something to bring to a team now, even if it is just a worse weapons or armor of light
>>
>>384819060
I haven't decided on Arc Hunter or Void Warlock yet.

I played Titan all through D1 and it was so boring. I like how Arc Hunter plays more but im not a fan of melee supers
>>
>>384837881
Arcstrider will end up like bladedancer
It can't do boss damage and has no team support
>>
The game is just Destiny 1 with a reset to get more players to jump on.

The game played almost identical to the first game, the powers are barely powers and have way to long of cool downs. The beta really doesn't show enough to make a judgment call yet, but from what I played; I would call it a pass, unless you don't mind more the same.
>>
>>384838253
I know ;_;

I'd go Solar Hunter in an instant if they buffed the PvE damage of Golden Gun a TINY bit. Also imo throwing knives should be a OHKO in PvP but whatever.

I just hate Warlock's jumping so much.
>>
>>384815598
This. Destiny 2 is boring as fuck
>>
>>384838429
Gunslingers secondary sub-subclass looks to be for boss damage
>Golden gun can land precision hits
>GG precision hits increase duration and damage

It won't be Nighthawk tier, but it'll be something
>>
>>384815975
It's just a beta. Plus they probably know they are under a microscope considering the turd vanilla was, so they are releasing as little as possible to about pre release criticism
>>
>haha u want dedicated server or u want actual good framerate?
>choose one you fucking stupid goyim

eat shit, no
>>
>>384838557
I hate to admit this but I didnt actually know they had a 2nd subclass (Or that any did)

Also are we getting that Exotic Weapon on release? That handcannon was so fucking tight. Jesus the amount of AoE you can pull when you get a few killshots in a row
>>
File: 1497489232065.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1497489232065.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
It's the same exact fucking game. They added absolutely nothing new and you fuckers are gonna buy it.
>>
>>384838723
Each subclass has two upgrade paths

And the one we don't have for hunter is just blatantly better

No we'll have to grind for those exotics, Bungee just wanted you to have a taste
>>
>>384838821
Destiny is literally perfect? Why would I want them to change anything? I bought the collector's edition for all three platforms.
>>
>>384838859
Figured. It would be cool if they let us have it free for that mission, and then we "lose" it the end and have to grind out a long as fuck quest series to get it back.

Will probably just get Hunter/Warlock to max and then decide based on the new paths and if there are 100bil Hunters like in D1
>>
File: mfwblack.jpg (25KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
mfwblack.jpg
25KB, 600x512px
>>384838821
>bungiefags are crying that they changed too much
>normies are crying that they didn't change anything
>>
>>384839079
And Bungie wants to please everyone
>>
File: 5a1a33809cc2d536f96e5744a9eca2c0.jpg (622KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
5a1a33809cc2d536f96e5744a9eca2c0.jpg
622KB, 2480x3508px
I was enjoying it, but it seems like Bungie has no idea how to A. Balance a game or B. Make a fun RPG

>Every class and sub-class plays exactly the same
>Every Jump is the same fucking shit
>A Dawnblade passive skill we're supposed to be excited about is the ability to use your jump ability while shooting, when this should've been a baseline mechanic since Destiny 1's CB
>Grenades are all just reskins of the same archetypes
>Warlocks are simply the best
>Abilities are on a fucking long-ass CD for no reason
>New class abilities are retarded: A fucking OP well of damage/healing for Warlocks, a dank as wall of protection for Titans, and a faggot-ass dodge with a selfish, tiny buff for Hunters that applies only to them (all with roughly the same CD)
>Too many abilities proc off of kills, specifically melee kills which is fucking boring in harder content, especially when fighting bosses
>Mobility seems to do fuck all
>Slide goes like 2 feet and seems useless

Hunters are brokenly mediocre and the whole game needs another layer of fun polish. I still enjoyed my time with it though, looking forward to seeing the PC beta too.
>>
>>384839079
>add new class
>NAH
>add new weapon types
>NAH
They even reused weapon skins and reloads, there's no excuse. This shouldn't be a sequel.
>>
>>384839071
Well not having Nightstalker will probably reduce the number of hunters

And the "new" subclass being a reskin
>>
File: 1498695358116.jpg (36KB, 432x510px) Image search: [Google]
1498695358116.jpg
36KB, 432x510px
I kinda miss the ability spam in PvE from D1. People saying PvE is FUCKING RUINED BUNGIE HOW COULD YOU are being overdramatic faggots but it would be nice to have cooldowns cut down a bit or have more damage from abilities so they feel more powerful and less like they don't do anything.
Gunplay still feels good and imo even better due to the lower aim assist.
They really need to tune up the physics though as I've had quite a few physics based glitches kill me.

What's your favorite gun /v/?
And if it's not the Better Devils please explain why you have bad taste.
>>
Why do titans have to have such an unrealistic armor compared to warlock and Hunter? Those shoulder pads look retarded
>>
>>384839219
Leaving aside that there are new reload animations for several guns please exain why they should change reload animations. I see this constantly brought up but never an explanation as to why it's a bad thing.
>>
>>384839206
>Warlocks are simply the best
Stopped reading there since you're objectively incorrect.
>>
>>384839219
They did add new weapon types though. They're not going to add another main class because that would hurt the "marketability" by changing the 3 class dynamic. Pray for more sub classes
>>
>>384839219
They did add new weapon types and sub-classes though. They're still fucking lazy, just not as lazy as you're implying.
>>
As someone who wasn't really a fan of Destiny one I thought it was really boring

>Movement is slow and clunky
>Abilities are slow and boring and samey
>Armor design is still awful especially for Titans

I don't hate the concept but like I don't see the buzz
>>
File: InsaneSkeleton.gif (95KB, 506x439px) Image search: [Google]
InsaneSkeleton.gif
95KB, 506x439px
>>384815470
The competitive multiplayer was sort of boring and pointless. It was hard to figure out where things were or where you were being hit from, or when you were even being hit. The boss at the end of strike would slowly move and shoot around and didn't ever really do anything interesting. He was also just a massive bullet sponge. It felt like I needed less skill with and more spacial awareness to win. It was more about surviving than winning because so long as you laid on the pain and didn't die you would win, and shooting him was easy.

It didn't feel bad to play though. I'd even say I had fun playing it. But then again, maybe I'm just memeing myself into believing I didn't waste $25 on a PS+ subscription just to play a demo of a mediocre game.
>>
>>384839462
I really like the Kinetic Pulse rifle they give you.
>>
Destiny 2 is a pile of steaming shit. They literally changed nothing of importance from the first game. All they changed was the weapon ordering and now everything not weapon related from 1 is called a power. So no, there's not more powers in 2, there are just more things called powers. And the beta so appropriately centers around three things: killing grunts, killing mini bosses, and stand your ground "horde" sections. Cause you know, that's why everyone loved Destiny 1 right? right? What a fucking shitshow. Based Bungie, never change. The only company that can do literally nothing and call it an improvement. Compulsary: "it's okay when bungie does it". Also Infinite warfare did a better job at making space visuals, and that's fucking sad.
>>
File: destinyfans.jpg (220KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
destinyfans.jpg
220KB, 1280x1280px
>>384839864
>d2 subclasses
>new
>>
>>384839462
The Veist Solar auto rifle

its just fun to shoot
>>
>>384839817
>Stopped reading there since you're objectively incorrect.
I'd really like your input on the best class then.
>>
>>384832649
>>384833689
It needs a speedboost or a better gapcloser in its combos. Also it has like no super armor.
The biggest fuck up for Hunter is the half-assed class ability that isn't comparable to the other two classes really good ones.
>>
destiny 2
more like
overhyped dogshit that will be dead after 1 month, 2
>>
>>384841078
Arcstrider is supposed to use the dodge to close gaps
Which would work if it had I-frames

And dodging makes sense for a hunter, the're meant to be highly mobile and the bonuses work with both subclasses
But again, it doesn't work well without I-frames
>>
Is it just Destiny with more quips? It looks like it should have been a large DLC.
>>
I'm really fucking good at Quake, and I'm extremely good at this game. Shit is a god send.
>>
>>384841337
There are some improvements and a good number of set backs, the real issue for and most people out there is it won't be worth $60
>>
>>384841259
Titan's class ability is good for him, and for his team. Warlock's ability is good for him, and for his team. Hunter's ability is okay for him and does nothing for his team. A cooldown for that dodge isn't worth it
>>
>>384841337
>Is it just Destiny with more quips?

Ugh that female quipbot in the strike was fucking cringe and awful. If it's a major character in the campaign I'm not buying.
>>
kill PvE for muh competitive
>>
>people itt are actually defending overpriced DLC
I know this is a shill thread but c'mon.
>>
>>384827604
this
>>
File: 1492515086763.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492515086763.gif
899KB, 600x600px
Is there any good content in this game for an rp'ing player?
>>
>>384823693
He's talking about whether or not he'll talk about all the changes before the 6th of September, not if they'll be in the final game.
>>
>>384841337
The first mission had no quips in it, not even from Cayde
The strike has a few quips between Ghost and Failsafe, an AI that switches between "bubbly, upbeat and smart" with "monotone, mall bitch-speak, and dumb"
>>
>>384842006
>20th degree denial

There is no way to interpret that besides "There are things we want in the game that might not be put in before release"
>>
>>384842006
nah
it's gonna be Halo 5 all over again
they don't even know what they're going to do with dupe gear since everything is fixed
>>
File: 1500698361697.jpg (24KB, 375x282px) Image search: [Google]
1500698361697.jpg
24KB, 375x282px
>>384840827
TITANS ARE
STRONG
>>
>>384841712
It would be made up for if Hunters had the highest damage output, like they're clearly intended to

I'm hoping that second tree in Gunslinger can save them

>Unless they bring back nightstalker
>>
>>384842125
>>384842331
Actually you're right and I misread the sentence.
>>
>>384841142
Just like destiny huh
Lmao
>>
PvE is easy and boring as fuck

PvP has been alright

Hunter is objectively the worst class but I still use it since making a new class requires replaying the stupid story mission. Warlock's heal circle is very powerful if team members stay in it and team shoot enemies. Titan's wall is also really good if well placed. Pulse rifles are objectively the best overall weapon. Scout rifles can beat them at long range with good aim. SMGs are the best for close range.

I absolutely hate the fucking radar. I have to constantly be looking at it since there's no way to hide yourself (even crouching). I'd much much rather the radar show only when running or shooting.
>>
>>384842469
Everyone's primary DPS is just guns, Hunter having more DPS for no reason makes no sense and doesn't seem intended at all. The balance in the game is bogus since a single pulse grenade is better than a super.
>>
>>384842774
The second tree for gunslinger has
>Precision hits reduce GG cooldown
>GG can precision hit
>Precision hits with GG increase it's damage

Unless it means kills, Golden Gun sounds like it'll actually be able to do some decent boss damage
>>
I cant wait to see the new PvP Maps in the full game,seems like they really want it to be more competitive which I like.
>>
>PVE is still 3 people
>PVP reduced to 4
Its pretty fucking weird to have a group of 3, most MP games with co-op are 4.
>>
>>384844420
There are only three classes
Bungie's idea is to have one of each class in a squad
>>
Wait are there only 2 subclasses in the full game too?
>>
>>384845054
Yes, 3rd one will be DLC
>>
I like that Warlocks get a support skill, I don't like how all specs get it. One of the subclasses should have been support focus with a support super as well.
>>
>>384843274
they weren't even trying to get the competitive crowd, they were trying to get more casuls to play the PvP by slowing everything down and reducing the chaos
premades out the fucking ass will turn casuls and soloists the fuck away
>>
>>384845287
Titans still have the support super, it's odd to require a Warlock and a Titan for an effect that's worse than a single Titan in the first game
>>
Its probably that the guns feel like clay?
>>
>>384845506
Sunsinger is mostly what I meant.
I'm going to miss it, if I play Destiny 2.
>>
>>384845853
Sunsinger wasn't really support
It's main thing was self res and solar grenade zone control
>>
>>384845163
Don't spread misinformation to shitpost dude
We don't have a definite answer on the 3rd subclass yet
>>
>>384845937

Once the buffed the trait that makes the Super share the grenade cooldown, it worked great as support. Especially on voice comms.
>>
>>384846286
It's pretty obvious there won't be
Sunbreaker and Stormcaller are pretty broken
Nightstalker would ruin PvP because everyone only gets one super at about the same time

Unless they're heavily reworked, there won't be a third
>>
I'm a little mad they took out the female sitting animation from the first one
I liked it
>>
File: IMG_2070.jpg (75KB, 495x699px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2070.jpg
75KB, 495x699px
>>384846561
>Sunbreaker
Could be reworked to work a lot like Dawnblade does
>Stormcaller
Don't see how it's more powerful than roaming Fist of Havoc
>Nightstalker
It'd be balanced in PvP as long as Quiver didn't return

But again, we don't have a definite answer on the third subclass, so shitposting with "they'll be added as DLC" is just stirring the pot
>>
>>384847324
Think what you want, but it's very unlikely

They showed off the new subclasses, reworked old ones, but never mentioned a third
>>
it feels like a step back from D1 in almost every way

It will be interesting to see if their claim that the beta is an old build is damage control or not when the game releases
>>
It's fucking identical to the first game you dumb piece of shit.
>>
>>384815470
It's the same fucking game. They barely did fuck all in terms of class changes. Fuck off with this shit.
>>
Fuck everyone else. I like the PvP changes. And the PvE lack of heavy ammo is easily fixed, if they haven't already.
As long as the campaign is longer than the first, I will pick up the game eventually.
>>
>>384848386
PvP feels mostly better
PvE feels way worse
Movement in both feels awful
>>
>>384848094
It's definitely a lie. Destiny 1 at release wss exactly the same as both the alpha and beta tests from months before launch.
>>
>>384848445
that's why PC is the way to go on this one - let console show one or the other
>>
>Hey guys this game is coming out in 2 months
>Here's a build that's months old and completely outdated

Nice way to demo your fucking game Bungo
>>
>>384848094
they already did claim that it was an outdated build
most likely because whatever they change in the 2+ months before release will be accepted by reddit and all the other normalfags, and bungie know that every bit of flack will get buried by faggots rabidly playing the game to get X or find X first

only when the content dies down will people compare it to D1 but by then they've already pocketed the money
>>
>>384828936

They're not crazy about it.

Neogaf is populated by 3 groups of people. Harcore sony-niggers, SJWs and normies, and I've seen almost nothing but complaining about the beta on there.
>>
>>384818568
>high mobility
go play titanfall 2 you sad little man
>>
>>384848925
aside from some diehard fanboys, pretty much 100% of the response I've seen everywhere has been a universal "this is shit" to "meh"
>>
>>384819060
WARLOCK MASTER RACER REPORTING IN!!!
>>
>>384848983
oh come on, jumping in the beta is fucked, even compared to D1
>>
>>384849038
>Warlock
Oh, so you're shit and need self res then
>>
>>384849121
Nobody has needed self-res for ages
It's not even in the beta either
>>
>>384849121
Fuck the self res. It's always Stormcaller baby
>>
>>384849121
>he doesn't like to solo nightfalls
>>
>>384849101
I feel like jumping and shooting for hunters is better, well at least I'm hitting my shots more easily. Don't know about Warlocks and Titans though.
>>
>>384818568
>high mobility
>>
File: smug.jpg (52KB, 774x960px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
52KB, 774x960px
>>384849226
Oh wow, the most broken super in PvP then?

>>384849272
>Needing self res to solo nightfalls
>>
>>384849362
its fucking awful for warlock and titans
>>
This beta is fucking horse shit compared to the beta of the first game.

>One intro single player mission
>start at max level with all legendary gear
>no loot drops at all
>a strike that I would say is complete shit with lots of retarded platforming and an overly long boss that constantly throws you off the way too small platforms
>jumping around feels wrong
>cooldowns are way too long
>no other single player content, just shitty multiplayer which was far and away the worst part of Destiny 1 and genuinely, objectively bad
>game is otherwise identical, feels like another half assed expansion rather than a proper sequel
>They've learned absolutely nothing from their past mistakes and have not expanded the scope of the game at all
>still no space combat
>planets will still be small areas
>shitty cutscenes to pretend this shit has a story when it blatantly still doesn't
>the Hunter robot is really unfunny and annoying
>still going to a pointless grindfest
Honestly, fuck this game. I liked the first game to a point, but had no one to do raids with so missed out on that and hot bored of the PvE before the third expansion came out so haven't played in years. PvP was fucking horrendous and was never worth touching. Destiny could have and should have been so much bigger and better and this should have become that, but it's the laziest sequel I've ever seen.
>>
>>384828802
>>384848983
>>384849389
I don't think that's the point
>>
>>384849445
Yea. And most fun super.
>>
>>384849519
you get loot if you win crucible matches
>>
>>384815470
weldone, you are now part of the problem
>>
>>384849563
You hold one button and move around
>>
>>384849519
You also have to look at what you are coming from in D1 to D2 from Max gear that lowered cool downs to new armor with different mechanics behind it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170720-161426.png (293KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170720-161426.png
293KB, 1080x1920px
REMINDER

>Bungies excuse for low content was due to the engine making it take hours to just change a color of a weapon

>They said they will try to fix this by moving to a new engine

>But your old stuff will not carry over but it's okay because they will pump out faster content with the new engine

>Beta starts

>they didn't move to a new engine

>everyone lost their progress for NOTHING

How can Bungie be so incompetent these days?Is it Activision who's pressuring them to shit this turd out? Even Halo reach wasn't this bad
>>
>>384849732
>Doesn't want to feel/play as an OP Sith Lord
>>
>>384849519
The sad thing is that even if you think Cayde is annoying, he's the only character with personality
>>
>>384849608
Who gives a fuck? Did you miss the part where I said Crucible is hot garbage and always was? And loot doesn't drop during the strike or single player mission, which is where it matters. More than that, all of it has the exact same stats here so it makes no difference. I have zero faith the full game will be any good now because I see that it is the same exact shit as the first one. Might as well just buy and play The Taken King since there's nothing new here.
>>
>>384849858
Voidwalker is way more fun
>Get Nothing Manacles
>Scatter grenades track, get two
>Grenade kills reduce grenade cooldown to a few seconds, spam grenades
>Grenade kills give lots of energy to Nova Bomb
>Nuke shit
>>
>>384850091
I switch between Voidwalker and Stormcaller with appropriate exotics and gears/guns
>>
>>384849746
It's still slower than a level 1 character in D1. I literally just played it earlier today because it felt so wrong that the cooldowns were so long.
>>
>>384850205
We can only hope it's something they fix
>>
>only class whose movement isn't fucked now is hunter
>everything else about hunter is fucked
gg bungie
>>
>"""""legendary"""""" assault rifle you start with feels and looks the same as the garbage one you start with in the first Destiny's tutorial
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>384850185
It's a shame there won't be an Embrace the void build anymore
>>
>>384849831
According to the leaker from February this is a new engine, or at least a complete overhaul of the new one.
>>
>>384849831
everyone has been asking for separate PvE and PvE balancing and same engine would explain why they're still unable to
>>
>>384850691
PvP*
>>
>>384850617
A build to be feared.
>>
>>384850564
it's pretty obvious all the "legendary" and "exotic" weapons in the beta are basically greens and blues
>>
Destiny objectivley had the worst PVP of any modern FPS

So instead of scrapping it and focusing on something they actually excelled at like raids and strikes they fucked it all up trying to make muh Profeshional E-Sport shooter

Fucking whiny plebbit shitters
>>
>>384851130
But then it wouldn't get the cawadooty crowd

It still won't because newer Call of Duties actually do what destiny does better
>>
>>384851130
the only game with worse PvP is Warframe
>>
>>384851130
Agreed. The game's multiplayer was god damn fucking horrendous and still is here.
>>
>>384849831
You're dumb for thinking there will be an entirely new engine. Engines are not easy to create and take years to make at the degree a developer like Bungie wants, even given their size and budget.
>>
Why the fuck the roll cooldown on Hunter takes so long?
>>
>>384851448
Don't be stupid, destiny PvP is shit but not worse than warframes.
>>
>>384851820
get some fucking reading comprehension
>>
>>384815470
No. After nearly 2,000 hours in Destiny, I quit playing it. Downloaded the beta, did the story, strike, nearly went 15-0 in PvP and turned it off. It's terrible. Destiny has always been terrible.
>>
>>384851820
reread what I wrote
>>
>>384819443
That's because Bungie is retarded and doesn't understand their own game.
>>
File: 1377750084785.jpg (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1377750084785.jpg
55KB, 250x250px
>>384852023

>spent 2,000 hours playing a terrible game
>>
File: Visible-Confusion.jpg (7KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
Visible-Confusion.jpg
7KB, 215x235px
>>384815470
>>
>>384851714
It's called using a different engine dumbfuck.
>>
PVP is shit as always, no question about it, Bunflop said its an older build made to stress test the shitty servers

Both leddit and offical forums have actual discussion instead of damage control, normies know they changed some shit and they aint happy bout it

Personally, I like some of the changes, but I really dislike that most of em are about making PVP "better"

Bungie my friends, this is a shoot 'n' loot game, PVP is always secondary to the PVE, please change that shit or Activision is gonna chain ur ass forever.
>>
>>384852023
Didn't play nearly as much as you, maybe only a couple hundred hours in the first game, but I did the single player mission and the strike in the beta and uninstalled before even touching the shit Crucible. Game is the same exact shit as before. Boring. They put no effort into this at all.
>>
>>384852516
When has bungie ever used a non-proprietary engine you failed abortion?
>>
>>384838646
>Its just a beta

Oh anon.... It's not going to be radically different.
>>
>>384815598

What I was afraid of. Destiny was a game I regret buying. It was boring as fuck.
>>
File: just a beta.jpg (307KB, 1599x664px) Image search: [Google]
just a beta.jpg
307KB, 1599x664px
>>384838646
>>
>>384852893
Stop defending bungie you shill, they chose to stick with a shitty engine that cucked up the first game instead of switching to another engine that would've easily gotten rid of their problems with content creation
>>
>>384853684
Good to know you got btfo you dumb faggot.
>>
>>384818568
>I-I-I can't spam my grenades!!! Huf! Huf!
>>
>>384853769
>resorts to name calling
Argument over. I win. Don't bother postong, I won't reply.
>>
>>384853928
>Grenades in an FPS?!?! N-Nani?!?!?!
>>
>>384824774
kys and do it soon.
>>
File: 1500248589028.png (300KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500248589028.png
300KB, 720x400px
>>384852216
>don't play a game that long
>opinion is questioned since you don't have lots of hours logged
>play a game long enough that you know the ins-and-outs, find the flaws and realize it isn't a solid product
>opinion questioned with "lol why did you play it that long then"

While 2,000 hours is a lot, what do people like you want? I've seen this type of comment made before.
>>
>>384853979
I've already btfo out of you with reasoning. So good to know you'll be a dumbfuck somewhere else. Won't be seeing later retard.
>>
>>384852216
>Spent 2,000 hours playing a terrible game.

Yes. Destiny was never good. I was an idiot, and also made friends online. Overall, I wasted months of my life.
>>
>>384853460
The complaint I responded to was the beta didn't have a lot of content. If the gunplay sucked or it crashed then ya, I'd be worried. But it wasn't. The very small sample we got was pretty good
>>
File: 3 guys 1 punch.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
3 guys 1 punch.webm
3MB, 768x432px
Has Bungie gone down to 343i's level or what? I remember the Bungie community being more fun than this. Yeah I know, most of the original staff of Bungie were wither fired or left but damn has time passed. I want the 360 days back!
>>
>>384855670
>wither
*either
>>
File: 1500704341970.png (293KB, 6506x1674px) Image search: [Google]
1500704341970.png
293KB, 6506x1674px
>>384855670
I mean, this is the Halo staff that remained during Rise of Iron development.
>>
>>384853143
I hope it is. The small sample we got was pretty good. My comment was that the beta was sparse, not that the game was bad
>>
>>384855781
I'm mostly talking about the people on top who can have a say in the video game. Props to the 3D artists, graphics engineers, ect but thanks for the post.
>>
>>384855820
Listen, we still don't know how weapon mods will drop or really work. We know that we don't marks anymore (they're shards now), but we don't know if they changed that system entirely, what you can buy with the currency, or if they just left it the same. We have no idea what progression will be like now. We have no idea how many adventures, exotic quests, how big the story will be, or how many lost sectors and treasure maps are in the world. The most important stuff about Destiny weren't in it. They could always tweak cool downs and damage, but content is finite.
>>
>>384821341
The "beta is an old build" thing isn't actually bullshit, since betas these days are actually demos, and thus require the kind of bugfixing and QA that that entails. However, since we don't know how big an effect the changes are, and everything they've done, we don't know if it's enough to fix the problems in the beta.
>>
>>384855781
Red or Green text?
>>
>>384856031
Staten and Marty are pretty fucking important to Bungie. Staten was the writer for the Halo series and Marty was the music behind it. Now you could argue that they had little to do with gameplay, but they were pretty important people behind the scenes when it came to shaping the worlds Bungie games took place in. Jaime Griesemer designed the vehicles in Halo 2.
>>
>>384842006
No, he means they might not even get it in time for launch day. I'm hoping they have it in before the end of September, but we'll see.
>>
>>384856431
Red means they're gone.
>>
Is it me or are female hunters thick? I'm not even joking. It's on the skill tree art and actual game-play.
>>
>>384856564
Thanks.
>>384856456
I suppose you're right.
>>384856758
God dammit anon. Know I have to go back and check lol.
>>
File: feels bad.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
feels bad.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>>384856758
>My hunter is male
>>
>>384856758
Ironically the female titans don't look nearly as thick as fem hunters. "Hunter master race!"?
>>
What was the point of replacing bladedancer with arcstrider?
>>
>>384857236
To say it's new even though it's the exact same thing
>>
File: B8z8LBsCYAAlRPv.png (234KB, 280x436px) Image search: [Google]
B8z8LBsCYAAlRPv.png
234KB, 280x436px
>>384857236
Because a staff is definitely much more dangerous than a knife anon. Duh.
>>
File: No.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>>384855781
Thats embarrassing
>not much of a graphical improvement so they could focus on gameplay and story
>still plays like shit and no word on the amount of content there will be
>>
>>384856758
The hood on this hunter kinda looks like hair too from a female. God damn, hats off to you artist.
>>
>>384857236
>>384857413
>I went from Naruto cosplay, to Star wars cosplay
>>
File: 1500699370462.jpg (97KB, 794x680px) Image search: [Google]
1500699370462.jpg
97KB, 794x680px
>>384839219
>add a new race
>NAH
Fucking Bungie.
>>
>>384857659
Missed opportunity for "star trek to star wars" cosplay. Wait... you didn't say that on purpose, did you?
>>
File: elite's skills.gif (3MB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
elite's skills.gif
3MB, 320x256px
>>384857765
Sangheili? :3
>>
Playable Fallen and Cabal when?
>>
>>384858006
A Fallen race option would actually be cool. Imagine the female Fallen. ;)
>>
>>384849831
It is a new engine, it just looks very similar to the old one because that's the design goal. But if you're familiar with Destiny, Destiny 2 just feels slightly off.

>>384850691
It's not that Bungie can't do separate balancing for PvP and PvE, it's that Bungie doesn't want to. They want all the weapons and abilities and mechanics to feel the same in both modes. There's only a handful of things that differ, namely a handful of perks (most "more super energy for killing things in PvE"), and the damage of things was sometimes boosted in PvE.

But anything else affects both, which mostly meant PvP nerfs coming down on PvE. Like that time Machine Guns lost like a third of their reserve ammo.
>>
>>384849746
It's highly unlikely that the gear in D2 will reduce cooldowns remotely as much as in D1.
>>
I JUST WANT THE SEQUAL TO BE GOOD. WHAT THE FUCK BUNGIE!?!?!?!? I ACTUALLY LIKE YOUR GAME BUT YOU KEEP FUCKING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: giphy.gif (586KB, 231x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
586KB, 231x270px
Any found Halo Easter eggs yet? You know they won't go without one.
>>
File: 9vuH8EL.png (830KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
9vuH8EL.png
830KB, 1600x1600px
>>384815470
>exotic smg
>>
>>384828936
The Borderlands games were successful because shootin and lootin with friends can be quite alot of playtime of genuine fun.
Destiny was a success on the same principle but actually with good gunplay, visuals, and actual mechanics to big boss fights. If the 2nd one has that with minor changes and improvements its nigh on guaranteed to be successful.
>>
Couldn't stop laughing. Now can a hunter hit him with SIX shots?
https://giphy.com/gifs/destiny-dab-emote-1kZBHx796e6sg
>>
>>384859145
1. He missed
2. That was three shots
>>
>>384836940
>>384836667
>>384836159

They have these "aritfacts" that augment supers.

The one you have in the beta is the dodge ability for dawnblade. The one for voidwalker has the slow huge void bomb.

I guarentee self rez will be back as one of those augments to the class.

Either way self rez was necessary for soloing raids, which if they take it out would just garner scorn from the community until they put it back in.

Sort of like how they brought back elemental primaries in this game but much more modular.
>>
>>384859303
Like the questions says. Could he have done it with six from Destiny 2?
>>
>>384815470
IT'S JUST FUCKING MULTIPLAYER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I WANTED MORE STORY OR AT LEAST A GODDAMN FREEROAM
>>
>>384859423
those are class upgrades, not artifacts
you unlock those by leveling your character, self res currently isn't in the game
>>
File: birdsongirl.gif (1MB, 540x385px) Image search: [Google]
birdsongirl.gif
1MB, 540x385px
>>384859564
>Not playing Destiny 2 for the multiplayer
Oh you.
>>
I'm interested in trying D2 I avoided the first because it seemed dull and not worth getting a ps4 for. So tell me, is the second game any different? Will this one have actual content. I'll be playing on PC if I buy it.
>>
>>384859564
Full game, bro.

>>384859783
Some of us are in it for the story. DON'T JUDGE ME, I JUST WANT TO FIND CHARLEMAGNE. AND MAYBE GO BACK IN TIME AND GIVE WEI NING __A HUG.
>>
File: Sunsingers in a nutshell.png (76KB, 1996x1108px) Image search: [Google]
Sunsingers in a nutshell.png
76KB, 1996x1108px
>>384824286
>sunsinger removed
>mfw using song of flame with a sunbreaker friends who have the faster grenade gen with super
It was fun when people had no idea what the fuck the buff was from or what it does since it gets benched often when self res was unlocked
Pretty fucking gay that they'd remove subclasses
>>
>>384859564
You are a fucking retard if you buy this game for the story or singleplayer missions.
>>
File: 1439960305208.jpg (228KB, 438x710px) Image search: [Google]
1439960305208.jpg
228KB, 438x710px
>>384859783
Nigga, all they did was show what we already knew: the Tower's fucked, that's it.
We didn't get a character customizer to soothe my autism or a freeroam
>>
Why the fuck won't they ever let us use one of those badass giant walking buglike tanks? Shit looks so fucking cool.
>>
>>384818762

I tried Warframe and that F2p fucking grind is just not fun in any way
>>
File: IMG_5362.png (119KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5362.png
119KB, 640x1136px
>>384815470
>because i don't feel like typing it out again
>also inb4 iphone fag
>>
>>384859994
>We didn't get a character customizer to soothe my autism
Oh (you)
>>
File: 1440012373168.jpg (29KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
1440012373168.jpg
29KB, 300x281px
>>384860201
>>
>>384853928
This.

So fucking glad that Grenade spam is gone.
That shit was complete fucking CANCER in crucible.
>>
>>384860190
Aha! But how fast can you finish the boss is the challenge.
>>
Already got burned once never again.
>>
>>384856758
Thanks anon. Now I can't stop looking at my hunter the same way again.
>>
holy fxck i pade 60$ doller's for this and this is lideraley all their is in the game what the fxck
>>
File: 1466650176430.jpg (30KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
1466650176430.jpg
30KB, 400x602px
>some glimmer of hope we might be getting Destiny 2
>after the fuck up of the first game, realize it's gonna be Destiny 1.5
>it's not even Destiny 1.25

Man. What happened.

>they removed Int/Dis/Str
>removing a puddle from a game that already had no depth

Holy fuck.

>all those resused animations, sounds, etc

The only 'new' things
>little better lighting/particle effects
>few more enemies on screen
>areas seem bigger

All of which are garbage because you fight the same fucking enemies from the first game, except now there's dogs. And Cabal being the biggest boring bullet sponges.

And the improved graphics are garbage, especially when consoles can push out shit like DOOM looking so good inside/outside. Especially with the fucking size of their team.

Destiny 2 is the expansion we should have gotten for Destiny 1. Not a full price game +DLC.

>>384859954
The biggest reason is that it was a unique subclass. In that it was actually different and indepth.

With Bubble Titan being the only other close thing.

Eventually filling it out with Debuff Hunter.

Only to throw it all away for some reason, and replace it with fucking Fire Titan warlock.
>>
>>384859825
Grab the complete collection of Destiny 1 and avoid this, it's the exact same game but somehow less. You can tell this is a glorified expansion with less content than the first one had at launch.
>>
>>384857968
its treason then...
>>
File: Hump1stPersonView.gif (1023KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Hump1stPersonView.gif
1023KB, 320x240px
>>384860785
>except now there's dogs.
Hey, just like Halo 4!
>>
>>384860789
>it's the exact same game but somehow less

>but somehow less

Almost like they put three things up for play as a """""beta""""" and not a full game.
>>
File: 1495741105005.gif (543KB, 512x502px) Image search: [Google]
1495741105005.gif
543KB, 512x502px
>realize Destiny 1 beta with patrol zone, was actually 1/4 of their game
>not wanting to fuck up again, so release a beta with a shitty level

I thought your first level was supposed to be your hook? With like engaging action and stuff to draw people in.

But they know people will just lap it up so they put forth garbage.

>>384860962
>remembering Halo 4's campaign
>>
>>384861064
Oh, that's the problem
We all assumed the beta was the full game, They must be hiding all the core mechanics
>>
>>384856758
Speaking of thickness...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/9OU1Hv4ZuAJ2Z-LfWVXy6nSnNpSYB76oLxkxti0FQXQ=w500-h281-no
>>
>>384861183
>They must be hiding all the core mechanics

How do you know they aren't hiding things? You know they really don't have to show you everything, right?
>>
>>384861064
The first game's beta had a lot of content relatively speaking and yet it turned out that it was a solid chunk of everything in the full game and there wasn't much more. This beta has fucking nothing, which is a very solid indicator that the full game has significantly less than the first. They feel this is a good slice of the game to show and test. And it isn't. It's absolutely going to be much shorter and smaller than base Destiny 1 with double the DLC expansions. Mark my words.
>>
>>384861296
Unless it was a prank all along the full game will play just like the beta
>>
>>384861113
>Implying
>>
File: frozen_cum.jpg (16KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
frozen_cum.jpg
16KB, 576x432px
>watch streams of destiny 2
>it's boring as fuck

explain
>>
>>384861296
This has never once happened in the history of this industry. The first game's beta was exactly what the full game was. And so it goes here as well. It is the exact same game, what you see is what you get retard.
>>
>>384861490
Because you're not playing it?...
>>
Hey guys! Remember Reach
>>
File: xx.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
xx.gif
4MB, 204x204px
>>384861436
I actually vote for Halo 4 multiplayer everytime I see it, the odd time I fire up MCC

It's pretty fun. The levels, sounds, and gunplay feels good. Especially playing with the carbine, and remember the balance shitstorm they had with DMR that they never fixed
>>
>>384861556
i played destiny 1 and it was a snooze fest

why is destiny such a snooze fest???
>>
>>384861396
>Unless it was a prank all along the full game will play just like the beta
Of course, dear, we all know you're a future seer and all.

>>384861380
>This beta has fucking nothing, which is a very solid indicator that the full game has significantly less than the first.

How do you know? Do you have the final development manifest?
There's no mandate for the amount of content in """"""betas"""""" so trying to claim the amount in them directly correlates to what is in the final game is retarded.
>>
>>384861648
Halo 4's campaign was pretty solid. Multiplayer in the other hand....
>>
>>384861727
yeah litrally just fuck right the fuck off you gay small brain retard bungie shillbaby retard.
>>
>>384828443
I dunno man, Harrow is pretty useful. He's not Nidus, by any means, but he's a hell of a lot more useful than Nyx or Limbo or Mesa.
>>
>>384861727
I forget, the game, releasing in two months, will be extremely different from the beta in every way

The game will play the same, there might be small tweaks, but it'll be the same
>>
>>384861380
>The first game's beta had a lot of content relatively speaking and yet it turned out that it was a solid chunk of everything in the full game and there wasn't much more.
Yes, which is why they decided to show very little this time. They have shown zero patrol zones, and we know there are four of those. There is no levelling, no gear mods, no vendors, etc... Which we know are in the game, and were in the D1 beta. It's obviously clear they're hiding as much as possible this time.

Whether the full game will have a good amount of content remains to be seen, but it will definitely have more than vanilla.

>They feel this is a good slice of the game to show and test.
Yes, a good amount to show and test /publicly/. It's mostly to test their servers, which just requires a bunch of people all over the planet connecting, even if its to the same content, and to demo, which only requires a tiny amount to give you a taste.

The beta has very little to do with how much is in the final game. But it does indicate the mechanics in the final game, and there are a number of problems. We'll see if they're fixed by launch.
>>
>>384861643
Fight for her
>>
>>384861902
We'll see at that time, but I'm not some cuck that thinks they know the future and throws tantrums over things they made up.
>>
>>384861727
>Game releases in just over a month
>IT'LL BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, IT'S JUST BETA, I SWEAR

You are incredibly fucking dumb.
>>
>>384862069
>Cuck
Yup, I'm a cuck for realizing the game is finished right now and they're only going to make minor changes before launch
>>
>>384861965
Which is why it's so damn obvious they have much less to hide. They know if people see there are 4 or less small planet areas again, they'll lose sales from people going "Hey, this is the same lack of content you screwed me over with last time. Not again!".
>>
>>384862315
Destiny, with The Dark Below, House of Wolves, and The Taken King, took 40 GBs of memory. Destiny 2 will take up 70 GBs of memory. You can hallicinate as many conspiracy theories as you want, but that doesn't make it true.
>>
>>384862101
It may be a """""beta""""" but that does not mean there is no possibility for change.

Future uncertainty and all.
Also who said anything about completely different? Most of the complaining is about how it """""feels""""""different, how some weapon categories are bad, and how the damage balance is shit. Those are minor things that are completely changeable in this stage of """"""""""""""""""""""""beta"""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>384861714
Because its:
>spawn in level
>go to objective 1
>kill enemies
>go to objective 2
>kill enemies
>go to objective 3
>kill enemies then boss
>>
>>384862701
A bloated install is not indicative of amount of content in any way. There are 5 hour games with 60gb installs.
>>
File: anime on 4chan2.jpg (264KB, 1691x752px) Image search: [Google]
anime on 4chan2.jpg
264KB, 1691x752px
>>384820120
Mods need to get off their asses and ban low quality posts like these.
>>
File: 1491133029662.jpg (1MB, 1500x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1491133029662.jpg
1MB, 1500x2800px
>>384820120
>>
>>384866003
>Not porn
>>
File: 1491089038081.jpg (489KB, 1079x2121px) Image search: [Google]
1491089038081.jpg
489KB, 1079x2121px
>>384820120

>>384866106
>Trying to bait me into getting banned.
Not today!
>>
Wew. Great thread guys, great thread. Alright now take five.
>>
File: 1495469670353.jpg (318KB, 850x1348px) Image search: [Google]
1495469670353.jpg
318KB, 850x1348px
>>384820120
>>
File: kys.jpg (39KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
kys.jpg
39KB, 597x597px
>>384815470
Holy shit you should stop shilling.
>>
File: 1496959683300.jpg (32KB, 305x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496959683300.jpg
32KB, 305x360px
Am I right in assuming the people who played Destiny regularly are:

1. Richfags who don't care about buying the overpriced DLC

2. Autists who don't care about wasting their money on the overpriced DLC

3. Normies who just waste their money on the overpriced DLC because who cares

I stopped playing after I beat the first raid because I'd rather have kept my money than spend more than the total cost of the game to get the game I should have had in the first place. Now that they've already announced the expansion pass for Destiny 2 I can safely stay away from it altogether.
>>
>>384858231
not wanting to is fucking stupid, everyone knows that PvE and PvP are a different experience
they've got fucking earfuls of complaints about PvE getting slammed because of PvP

not being able to is more believable to me
>>
>Only just over a month until release
>Still practically no information on what to expect in terms of content
>No way of knowing whether or not D1's biggest problems have been addressed before launch
>Beta 1/20th the size of the first game's, which makes it look like they want you to see as absolutely little as possible
>Exact same shitty business model that D1 had
>Devs admitting that they're running out of time and may not have time to get systems working as they want despite having two full development cycles and gigantic budgets to make a game that doesn't blow ass
Already pre-ordered, can't wait.
>>
>>384815470
No, it was pretty bad.
>>
File: 1495370025270.jpg (65KB, 604x592px) Image search: [Google]
1495370025270.jpg
65KB, 604x592px
>>384867093
quality
>>
>>384815470
Did you guys see the two devs at E3 with the IGN guys? They gave me the impression they are massive faggots. They got indignant at questions during an interview for fuck sakes. Fuck them. I hope they fail.
>>
>>384818762
ive been playing day 1 april, it was good until they released parkour 2.0 and dmg 2.0

now the game is nowhere near what it used to be. they went from vanilla WoW to legion tier shit in the span of 4 years
>>
>>384867024
>not wanting to is fucking stupid, everyone knows that PvE and PvP are a different experience
Their reason isn't entirely stupid, it's about keeping muscle-memory the same, so anything that affects that has to stay the same. Gun rate of fire, recoil, reload speed, aim assist, range, accuracy, movements speed, lunge distance, magazine size, grenade area of effect, sticky magnetism, etc...

This still leaves a handful of things they could change, like damage (which they did boost in PvE for a bunch of things), cooldown time (which they only changed with helmet perks that increase the amount of super energy gained by killing PvE enemies).

The other thing that they handle stupidly is ammo, which I think was a limitation of ammo works. Ammo gives you a percentage of max ammo capacity; in order to cut down on PvP problems, the ammo capacities of weapons kept being reduced, punishing PvE players who were frugal with their ammo for difficult or annoying encounters. If they changed that so it drops a set amount based on the weapon, and the capacity was independent, then you could boost ammo reserves, making PvE players happier, without affecting PvP.
>>
>>384867014
It has less to do with "not care about overpriced DLC" than "expect to get their money's worth out of the DLC despite being overpriced". Destiny is an MORPGFPS, which shares a lot with MMORPGs; the game plus overpriced DLC is still much cheaper than subbing to an MMO.

The people who buy silver for emotes and/or loot boxes are richfags and autists, however. And thank god for them financing the game for us.
>>
I kind of hope people will continue to ignore the power ammo spawns. I just run around with my fusion rifle like 80% of the game because no one gets it, except me.
>>
>>384839219
They did add new weapon types, are you retarded?
>>
>>384867585
I'm not talking about all the smaller detail that would throw gun feel completely off between modes
weapon damage in PvE is my main complaint of the beta gameplay that they should be able to change independently
damage feels less than what you should be doing in D1 PvE with your weapons at the same levels, which made me suspect that it is a blanket nerf from pulling back time to kill for PvP (I still suspect that)
ability damage is somehow the same but base cool down time should be reduced in PvE (not just from those armor "add ons")

and I agree with the ammo part but I don't think they would do it
>>
>>384868754
Ah, then I have good news, because PvE damage is one of the things they can and did do in D1, and have said they have already implemented internally. Hopefully the modifiers are high enough to feel good. We'll see what, if anything, they do about ability cooldowns. And I think Bungie likes small ammo reserves because it encourages you to use the weapon frequently, but that only works if the ammo drops frequently enough that you don't horribly regret using it on the wrong part.
>>
>>384815470
No it isn't.
>>
File: 1470217208297.jpg (134KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
1470217208297.jpg
134KB, 480x330px
>>384824286

>golden gun is trash
>replaced sunsinger
>reduced amount of classes to 2
>snipers, shotguns, and fusion rifles all moved to heavy weapon class

It's like they're actively going backwards by putting in the least amount of effort possible
>>
>>384815470
Same boring shit as the first one.
>>
>Slower movement speed
>Even normal enemies are bullet sponges now
>Abilities have longer cooldowns and do less damage than in D1
>No new classes
>No new alien races
>Hunter is completely worthless
>Same graphics as before

Stagnation at best and setback at worst.
Get your shit together bungo
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.