[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need to play the first game to understand this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1471879257743.jpg (142KB, 1000x1642px) Image search: [Google]
1471879257743.jpg
142KB, 1000x1642px
Do I need to play the first game to understand this?
>>
>>384797763
I've a yes through the first one, and it doesn't look like it. In fact it seems the spin off series X has more to do with it.
>>
>>384798224
I've fucked this post beyond repair so I'm not even gonna bother trying to clarify what I said.
>>
>>384797763
its like in final fantasy, they have no relation
btw play the first one its fucking great
>>
It's impossible to tell until it actually comes out, but I'm gonna assume no.

Either way, it was a fun game, and very much worth playing. It looks great emulated.
>>
>>384797763
Probably going to be a shitload of callbacks
>>
Looks largely unrelated to the 1st game, not 1 reference to it on any trailer or gameplay so far. Will probably have some here and there but just references.

You really oughta play the 1st game though, its good.
>>
>>384800070
>not 1 reference to it on any trailer or gameplay so far
The field they were playing in at Treehouse Live had a very similar name to Gaur Plain (forgot how it was actually called) and it even had a level 81 unique monster called Territorial Rotbart patrolling it.
>>
>>384797763
No. It's a sequel as much as Final Fantasy games are sequels.
>>
>>384800402
Eh, I guess you could call that a reference, I see it more as trademarks of the series, like DQ/FF and other RPG series have their naming sense/mobs carried over in each installment.
>>
The first game ends in a way that would make it very hard for the story to be super relevant in a sequel.
>>
File: 1477430469163.png (385KB, 610x663px) Image search: [Google]
1477430469163.png
385KB, 610x663px
>>384797763
>New game in a series comes out
>HURRRR DO I NEED TO PLAY THE FIRST ONE???
Did the big fucking 2 on the box not give you a hint, retard?
>>
>>384800663
Well yeah, but I'm sure there'll be more. The Nopon party member has the same name and almost the same appearence as Tora from Xenoblade X, we've already glimpsed the Vanderkam/Vandham of the game and he even went back to the X-shaped face paint like in Gears/Saga and the setting with the various titans is similar to Xenoblade's. If you meant specific references hinting that it's connected to the first Xenoblade on a story level, yeah, I agree that there likely won't be any.
>>
>>384801249
Nah, not connections, just something more focused as far as references go. I do agree there's go gonna be some in the finished game.
>>
>>384801000
But you're wrong tho
>>
>>384801000
yeah,ff1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 are all on the same world
>>
>>384801496
How?
>>
>>384801416
Could you give some examples? Because X was already filled with references, mostly through the Nopons. Things like Tatsu being mistakenly compared to Riki as a middle-aged deadbeat father by the party, his actual father being this year's Heropon, him mentioning Frontier Village and Hom Homs, the Nopon-made Monado replica, the collectible depicting the battle between Bionis And Mechonis, the ring in Oblivia that looks similar to Mechonis' rings, the presence of Telethias, and so on. Do you mean that kind of more focused references? I think we can expect a similar level.
>>
>>384797763
Nigga a girl turns into a sword noone is gonna understand it
>>
>>384801814
I wasn't talking about X, thought we were talking about 2 right now. Those are references all right, not disagreeing but again, I was talking about 2.
>>
>>384801996
Obviously, I only listed some references in X as a way to prove Monolith doesn't shy away from putting them in games even when they're not connected story-wise, and since 2 is more similar to the original in overall style and gameplay, I'd expect a similar amount of references if not more.
>>
>>384797763
i hope not. the first game had a satisfying conclusion with no sequelbait and x played out like a shitty gundam anime
>>
>>384802179
Fair enough, we'll see when its out. I like stuff like that as well.
>>
>back to 3 party members after having 4 in X
Pure fucking cancer. How can they approve this shit?
>>
>>384801000
I'd bet money you didn't play the original Street Fighter before 2, faglord.
It's not detrimental to every series. You're not required to play Strider before Strider 2, it's just recommended.
>>
File: 1500526742478.jpg (19KB, 480x405px) Image search: [Google]
1500526742478.jpg
19KB, 480x405px
>>384800839
"Let's like, create a new world which is pretty much identical to the last one. I don't want to be a god and create paradise, I just want more democracy and friendship lmao."

Wew lad.
>>
>>384802298
I just hope the AI party members aren't as dumb as in the previous games. Having four in X was sometimes almost the same as going solo, especially in Skells.
>>
>>384802607
Just give them GP arts up augments and they'll stay in overdrive the whole time
>>
>>384802542
Well, now there's a place literally called paradise in 2 if that makes you happy.
>>
>>384797763
No, but you'll be completely fucked if you don't play Jenseits von Gut und Bose and learn moon and read through Perfect Works
>>
>>384800402
>and it even had a level 81 unique monster called Territorial Rotbart patrolling i
Yeah, but that's pretty much a Xenoblade series mainstay now, like having an army general named Vandham.
>>
>>384801000
Yeah man I should totally play all 14 Final Fantasy games before jumping into 15, god knows I'll be lost if I don't know the lore of the MMO.
>>
>>384803759
If you didn't play Xenoblade 1 then all you're proving is that you're a bandwagoner.
>>
>>384798224
You've a yes through the first one.
>>
>>384803868
I played both Xenoblade 1 and X, but saying you NEED to play either to play 2 is just wrong. I mean, yeah, they're both great games and I definitely recommend playing through them eventually. They're just not mandatory entries to understand the story presented in the newest game. Same way I'd recommend someone interested in Mother 3 to get around at playing the first two but telling him it's not vital and he'll just be missing out on some late-game lore and some callbacks without it hindering his enjoyment of the game overall.
>>
>>384797763
Not at all
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.