[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much better is the Xbox One controller? Is it worth upgrading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

How much better is the Xbox One controller? Is it worth upgrading?
>>
The D-pad couldn't possibly be worse than the 360's.
>>
dpad is better, but it's less comfortable to hold
>>
x360 controller > xbone's
>>
Just got one today

>>384796667
is accurate
>>
It's not, it's cheaply made garbage that won't last you more than a month or two before breaking in various ways. The only improvement is the d-pad, everything else is worse. Get a DS4 or another 360 controller if you need a new one.
>>
Are you talking about for use on PC? Just stick with the 360 controller, feels better in the hand imo. The boner controller has a nicer d-pad but it's not that much better.

If you want to play retro games stick with your 360 controller for most things and buy a PC compatible controller with a great d-pad instead.
>>
Feels about the same, but with a significantly better D-Pad.
>>
>>384796138
D-pad is significantly better, I prefer the 360 bumpers but other than like I like the Xbone controller better in everyway. The grips around the analog sticks is also far superior and does not wear away like in your pic.
>>
Xbox one s controllers have Bluetooth, and also feel more durable IMO.
>>
File: rape.jpg (41KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
rape.jpg
41KB, 500x308px
>>384797036

Shut up Sonybro. I've had multiple Xbox one S controllers since they launched and they are all perfect. The bluetooth is fucking great too.

DS4 is fucking garbage.
>>
Does the Switch Pro controller have drivers yet? It should be the obvious choice unless you absolutely need analog triggers.
>>
I like the feel of the Xbox One controller sticks more than the 360's
t. guy who's owned a 360 for 7 years and a Bone for 1
>>
I don't own a single xbox console but I really love the xbox one controller for the pc.
>>
>>384796138
the grip on the joysticks are the only improvement. everything else feels pretty cheap.
>>
>>384799174
It has built in Dinput support, which means you can map it through Steam
But if you don't wanna launch games through Steam then no
>>
the bone controller has better parts that are springier and more responsive but the overall shape is not as good as the 360's.
>>
I like the sticks and the dpad better on the XBone controller, and analog rumble is nice too. Everything else is mostly the same or worse. I'd say the worst thing about the Xbone controller are the bumpers, 360's were much better.
>>
>>384799706
This too. The build quality is higher on the xbone controller but it has worse ergonomics than the 360's.
>>
>>384799775
i disagree with this, the bone's triggers are gutter trash but the bumpers are actually usable now

the bumpers on the 360 controller would make my fingers hurt after playing anything that used them a lot (flying games, forza (it uses one of the bumpers for the clutch))
>>
File: 1494018712433.png (138KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1494018712433.png
138KB, 500x379px
>>384798460
>I've had multiple Xbox one S controllers since they launched
>had multiple
>perfect
>>
Former Sony brother here: I spent a few months doing research and came to the conclusion that both the xbone controller and Dualshock 4 are pretty nice. For anything with a 3rd person perspective and not heavy use of the second stick: xbone. The DS 4 is the overall option.

360 controller is way too round and its buttons aren't that comfortable imo. If you plan to get the newer xbone controller remember the day pad is somewhat better but still bad for extended sessions.

tl;Dr: get a ds4
>>
>>384801027
Maybe he has friends that play on his console? Or maybe he just likes different designs and color schemes.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.