[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you'll never have your own games studio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 5-noscale.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
5-noscale.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
>you'll never have your own games studio
>>
Where is the Teas & Noms room?
>>
https://youtu.be/cozK9Ic2yh4
>>
>you'll never sell your company for 2 billion
>>
>>384795101
>you'll never have backers pay for your expensive italian coffee machines and vacation on a private island
>>
>>384795962
>>
>>384795101
Hopefully I will. Been in the game industry and seen the usual big problems and how adults still behave, I am more than confident that I could lead good big projects.
>>
>>384796918
>I am more than confident that I could lead good big projects.
Everyone thinks this, that's the problem.
>>
>>384797005
Yes and I know that, but most of them actually can't. I stand out from them. Like I said, I've been in the game industry and seen how it is.

People, even designers, only have some "ideas" of what could be included in a game, but they cannot organize and keep up a coherent and waterproof whole game.
I can.
>>
>>384797685
>"Look at me I'm special"
Anon, you are no different than anyone else.
>>
>>384797824
So every person on earth is the same? Someone can't stand out and be better at something than others?
I know it's hard to believe that someone might actually be special at something if your reality revolves around imageboards.
>>
>>384797685
you Can do it anon!
>>
>>384797685
What sort of work have you done in the game industry?
>>
I'm ok with not being surrounded by emasculated nu-male trash and neon pink haired radfem subhumans.
>>
>>384798573
Started in mobile as programmer intern but ended up doing more design stuff, moved into AA as designer, and now looking for my next job (hopefully AAA). I've always got very good feedback about my work
>>
>>384795101

>tfw you do have your own games studio

>tfw government grants paid for it all

>tfw your first game was a resounding success

>tfw /v/ is still shilling it for free six months after release

>tfw never have to work another day in my life

Everything went better than expected.

Hope you all enjoy Hidden Dreams.
>>
>>384799460
>had to Google this
>realize by using Google, I helped widen his exposure on search engines

Well played.
>>
i got roped into a buddy's "game studio" start-up (he had government of canada grants and investors and everything, too) and it crashed and burned because wannabe indie devs are bad at being actual devs

i later tried to do some little stuff by myself and get some friends in to help me, but all just for fun. I also made some maps for source engine games with/for the same circle of bros. It was easily one of the most toxic experiences of my life short of dealing with my psychotic and somewhat abusive mother, and made me hate video games forever, in a similar way dealing with my mum and women like her made me retreat into being a gay furry
>>
>>384800336
What does your mother have to do with anything
>>
>>384800336
>government of canada grants
you didn't have enough shoehorned token diversity hires bringing down the office's overall skill level
>>
>>384800543
i am trying to illustrate that attempting to worrk in vidya, even as a hobby, is as toxic as an abusive/broken home

>>384800561
actually the team was literally myself, who's mixed, a black guy, a woman, and a muslim
we had only on white guy slated to be on the actual development end, and one other white guy doing general business management stuff

the majority of the crew were minorities or women
>>
>>384799460
never heard of it; not even going to search it up and if i do stumble upon it im not going to buy it because of this obnoxious post youve made
>>
>>384801274

>never heard of it

I bet you have.

And the irony is, if you don't look it up, you might accidentally buy it.

Win/Win.
>>
making video games is not as fun as playing video games
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.