[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any GOOD magic system in vidya?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

I´ve been very bored with all the magic systems that i´ve played these years.

Morrowind´s cool but at high lvls it gets expensive as shit.
Skyrim fags gtfo.
Oblivion with Midas was interesting but still capped to it´s own limits of the mod.
Lichdom is just a spamfest of cool effects.
Don´t even mention the fucking D&D system, outdated and was good in pen and paper roles but it´s very annoying and boring in our new standars.
DS fags dont need to apply.
Avencast/Diablo II are just repetitive to me.
PoE is good but im just waiting for Oriath.

Any recomendation faggots?
>>
>>384791286
wtf are you even looking for
>>
Magicka
>>
>>384791492
Disgusting.
>>
The Magicka games are neat.
>>
>>384791286
Skyrim with ordinator + apocalypse magic 10/10
>>
>>384791286
Two Worlds 2
>>
>>384791286
Baldur's Gate 2 has high level D&D magic which is absolutely bonkers.
>>
>>384791562
>>384791723
Not shitty games pls.
>>
Witcher 3 signs are the best implemenation of magic I've ever seen in an RPG
>>
>>384791839
You asked for good magic systems not good games
There isnt a good game with good magic
>>
>>384791790
It has, besides it has a fucking great plot, characters, universe and sidequests.

But it has the same magic system that its analogue in p&p so te spellcast is reduced to a low quantity per day and you need to spend like 10 hours to reach a good lvl.

It´s almost the same with NWN2, nice spells, nice world, but the quantity is fucked up and you cannot move from the basic spells of D&D.
>>
>>384792029
>Ask for a good magic system
>Gives a mod of a shitty combat and magic system from a shitty, bugged and bland game.

Wew...

>BUT IT HAS LIKE 150 NEW SPELLS1!!!!ONE

Yeah but no, it´s like everything is the same but with another skin. Besides enemies are no match for me even in Hard, they just get more HP and DMG.
>>
The Ultima games were cool.
You had to gather reagents.
I U5 after you mixed the reagents you had to say some syllables and you,the player, could make spells by learning what individual components did and what the magic words meant.
I only figured out 2,turn enemies into rats(was so proud) and how to make objects disappear. This was before the internet so little me tried almost everything.
>>
>>384792178
Two Worlds 2 is good fuck you
>>
>>384791907
This. Simple and unpretentious, with the potential to be deep if you invest skill points into it.
>>
>Magic in videogames
>It's just colored lasers and shitty 2d sprites in the air

I would really like a game where magic obeys ingame made up pretend rules to make concoctions, alligning with unseen Gods, trembling the earth, summoning eldritch abominations with recipes to control them or else they're just mindless, sorcery, witchcraft, dangerous pyromancy secrets and such.

I played Robotron 64 back then and I could pretend Eugene is a wizard and nothing changes between all the RPG wizards
>>
I wouldn't say it's a good "system", but at least Dragon's Dogma magic is fun and visually spectacular.
>>
>>384793131
This. If high level magic doesn't make the immediate area terrifying and confusing, it's not working.
>>
>>384793131
Welp,time to try that game.
>>
>>384792461
Are you sure? It´s reviews are mostly negatives.
>>
>>384792751

This is totally how i feel about magic in videogames.
>>384793131
My first run was a mage, boring as hell, you spend a lot of time casting great visual skills that literally have 0 impact unless youre a fucking high lvl with OP gear.
>>
File: 1397904847364.webm (3MB, 720x452px) Image search: [Google]
1397904847364.webm
3MB, 720x452px
>>384791286
Orc kicking Simulator 2006.
>>
>>384791286
Baldur's gate 2 you fucking pleb
>>
Videogames today suck for imaginative mechanics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

>This is what magic in videogames is like
>>
>>384792032
It's fairly rewarding though and as soon as you get access to 7th level spells you can easily double the amount of spells you can cast per day by abusing project image.

In my opinion Baldur's Gate 2 has the best "high level mage" feel since you can actually wipe the screen with magic and feel extremely powerful.

Gothic and Gothic 2 also have fairly nice mage gameplay. Gothic 2 in particular since becoming a mage is tied to a specific branch of the plot and people treat you differently if you're a mage (since mages are high clergy in the world of Gothic and are quite high in the social hierarchy).

Ultima 8 has a really nice magic system, with different schools of magic, actual rituals featuring placing candles and reagents around a pentagram, reading up formulas in spellbooks, and imbuing staffs and wands with magic, but the game itself is sadly quite crappy and in my opinion mostly worth playing to get some ideas of what could be done.
>>
File: 1459032056280.png (58KB, 475x410px) Image search: [Google]
1459032056280.png
58KB, 475x410px
>>384791286
Maybe Wyrm's Writ?
>>
>>384795445

>easily double the amount of spells you can cast per day by abusing project image.

Try tripling or quintupling with Simulacrum. Not to mention your clone is independent if you use Arcane Eye.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.