[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wasn't this supposed to kill piracy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 12347645.jpg (14KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
12347645.jpg
14KB, 640x400px
Wasn't this supposed to kill piracy?
>>
>>384786059
denuvo v"4.7" already out and v5 in the works.
apparently they're buying more servers for a new license system, prob authentication for each launch.

source on cs.rin.ru and exelab
cant post link as they're tagged as spam, but the threads are easy to find
>>
>>384786059
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4KnQF8Xwa0
>When even CDPR CEO says that DRM is retarded.
Why devs actually waste money on Denuvo?
>>
>each version getting cracked faster than the previous one
we did it lads. we spat in the face of the capitalist pigs.
>>
File: ASDFASDFSD.jpg (246KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
ASDFASDFSD.jpg
246KB, 710x842px
>>384786059
DEELTE THIS
>>
>>384786059
Not to kill piracy but to slow it down for launch so people buy the game instead of downloading it on release day, well that's my reasoning of Denuvo right now.
>>
>>384786059
it's supposed to delay piracy until the game sells a few million copies
>>
>>384786059
From a dev perspective, they want to maximise sales immediately after launch.

Denuvo is generally quite successful in that regard as games take a little while to be cracked (generally).

Whether that equates to more sales is another issue.

That's why devs seem happy to remove Denuvo after a few months.
>>
>>384786606
Wow too bad it doesn't work because DRM doesn't work that way. That is making "pirated copies" into "bought copies".
Pirates will just fucking wait until the game is cracked. You are stupid and don't know shit about PC gaming if you think otherwise.
>>384786483
CDPR are based because they actually are real gamers and know that this shit is annoying and are consumer friendly. All their games are DRM-free, you can get Witcher 1 for free anytime you want on GOG and still they earn shitton of money.
>>
The purpose of DENUVO™ was never to curtail piracy to the point of "killing it", but to protect the sales in first most crucial few weeks by delaying the cracking process.
>>
>>384786752
>Pirates will just fucking wait until the game is cracked.

You mistake a modern, braindead consumer for a rational one. You'd be surprised how many people can't or won't wait.

The "pirates" you refer to are a tiny minority.
>>
>>384786905
I'd like to see actual data on that if games with Denuvo actually sell more, because as far as i know, all games with it (other than Automata, which follows the rule that good game will defend itself) were disasters and had it removed to boost sales.
Denuvo is a fucking joke.
>>
>>384786059
Well it kills day 1 piracy at least.
>>
>>384786059

It did, then it died.
>>
>>384786347
So, they'll be cracked in 5 days?

>>384786483
Nobody thinks they are going to stop pirates, they just use DRMs to please dumb investors who are only in it for the money and know nothing about the industry itself.
>>
Wasn't /v/ shilling this everywhich way claiming it would kill piracy? Why is /v/ always wrong?
>>
>get Denuvo for your game to protect it from being pirated day one
>have to pay more for their servers and service than you actually save from preventing pirate boogeyman from "stealing" your game
Man it's like they don't know shit about gaming or something. Every companies that use Denuvo (like Square Enix) have execs who are just businessmen that got spooked by piracy meme and don't know anything about gaming at all.
>>
>>384787250
>why is a den of literal autists and trap masturbating degenerates whose thoughts have no basis in reality whatsoever, always wrong?

gee lad, I don't know
>>
File: 1471776858748.jpg (990KB, 1516x2348px) Image search: [Google]
1471776858748.jpg
990KB, 1516x2348px
>>384786059
No, it was supposed to kill video games.
>>
The fact that a game with DRM can still be cracked whether it's delayed is still a fact.
And pirates have enough patience to wait for a crack to come because they've been doing it for a long time.
Denuvo is just bullshitting your enjoyment.
>>
>>384787147
>they just use DRMs to please dumb investors who are only in it for the money and know nothing about the industry itself
True answer there.
CDPR don't use DRM because they are independent studio and own most of their own shares so they can do whatever the fuck they want basically.
>>
>>384787021
dude automata got shilled here so fucking bad STFU
weebs will buy anything with animu shit
>>
>>384787424
tell that to the 'pirate'fags that bought nier automata
>>
>>384786059
piracy is dying anyway
most of the major sites are down
and thats not even getting started on net neutrality
>>
>>384787529
>implying shilling a game on /v/ will make it suddenly sell like hot cakes
sure thing
>>
>>384786606
It was supposed to kill piracy but denuvo changed their mission statement when they realized pirates will always be smarter than they are.
>>
>>384787631
bought from a fucking idm or torrent
>>
>>384786059

Denuvo is a scam and tons of developers fall for it
>>
>>384786764
I love how all the denuvo shills always post this.
I remember making one so buttblasted at one point.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.