[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your console during the 6th generation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

File: vs.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
What was your console during the 6th generation?
>>
>>384784208
Ps2 and I can vouch that EVERYONE in the UK bought a ps2 aswell.

The funny thing is I don't even really know why. Except for the fact that the xbox controllers we're an absolute joke.
>>
>>384784208
I had a PS2 and an Xbox.
>>
Everything except PS2.
>>
>>384784208
PS2
i knew one guy among my friends who owned an Xbox.
and we only played mercenaries and Halo.
while i got to play a lot more videogames that hold up better.
never knew anyone with a Gamecube.
Germany
>>
>>384784208
The PS2 & Gamecube. Was very close on getting a Dreamcast but changed my mind, and never got an Xbox since I just went to a friends house to play it.
>>
>>384784680
What a retard.
>>
Gamecube. We had 3 in our household. I had one and my 2 brothers had theirs.
Most of our friends had GC as well. Ps2 was also common but I only remember one of them having the Xbox.
>>
>>384784208

PS2. Duh.
>>
Gamecube. I regret selling it back in 2008.
>>
>>384784208
PS2.

I prefer the Gamecube.
>>
>>384784208
gamecube - my friends also all had camecubes so i would just bring my memory card and we could play some phantasy star online
>>
PS2 and Gamecube had both god tier libraries, XBOX killed my favorite series so I hate it
>>
I had a GC and I feel like the only person in the world to never own a PS2.
>>
>>384784208
ps2
>>
PS2 had the best library.
>>
PS2 clearly

Honorable mention to the Dreamcast that didn't deserve that outcome
>>
Ps2 and Dreamcast
>>
i'm not/was not stupid enough to be milked by shitty consoles. pc master race.
>>
All of them (plus PC). It was a great gen. 7th gen was so downhill for consoles I doubt I'll ever buy one again.
>>
Everything but dreamcast, but only really used the PS2 and GameCube.
>>
File: 1362877895017.jpg (103KB, 384x313px)
1362877895017.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
All my friends who had Dreamcasts, Xboxs, and Gamecubes all still game regularly.

All my niggas who just had a PS2 and nothing else don't play games anymore, and the one who does hits DOTA2 and streamer FOTM games.
>>
All. From most play time to least

Xbox > dreamcast > ps2 > gamecube

I remember feeling the most disappointed about ps2 games because most were shovelware and it didn't live up to the standard of the ps1 (which had God tier platformers). Timesplitters 2, jak and daxter and twisted metal black are the only noteworthy games I can remember enjoying. Too much jrpg stuff that didn't float my boat as a younger person

Xbox on the other hand was a blast. Fusion frenzy, munch's oddyssey, halo, brute force, mad dash racing and a bunch of other games made it a mainstay for multiplayer games.
>>
>>384784208
I was a rich kid, so I had all of them except XBox. Dreamcast had a few of my favorite games, and I probably put more hours into RE4 and Gotcha Force on gamecube than all other games put together at that time, but PS2 was my favorite overall thanks to the sheer number of games and introducing me to Disgaea.
>>
My brother and I had all of them, first was dreamcast and ps2 we shared. Later I had gotten us the xbox and gamecube.
>>
I had the Dreamcast, PS2 and GameCube. The PS2 being by far the best one of-course. Then the Dreamcast. The GameCube was straight up trash and a waste of money honestly. All I had for it was Prime, Wind Waker and Baten Kaitos.
>>
I had everything back then (Started with DC, and then got a Gamecube, then PS2, then Xbox).

As far as stuff goes:
PS2 >>> Gamecube > Dreamcast > Xbox

Don't get me wrong, I liked the Xbox for its great multiplat support and Xbox Live back then was leagues better then what the others were doing (Outside PC), but it does not have a lot of exclusives, even back then.

PS2 was the worst for multiplat stuff many times (Or ports from more powerful machines), but its exclusives were huge to me, coupled with the DVD player, and I was playing it all the time.

The gamecube had a ton of solid exclusives at the end of its life, but it also suffered through drought quite constantly, and the mini-DVDs meant that most developers used inferior/highly compressed and lower pixel versions of games to squeeze it all in (Many of them were PS2 ports instead of Xbox).

Dreamcast was damn good when I had it and had some of the most unique games I have played, but it ended way too soon...Fucking company in-fighting.
>>
>>384784208

I owned all four. Even though I owned more Dreamcast games than anything, I don't think its fair to compare it to the others. People here may not understand this but OG Xbox got the most play time from me by far. The hardware and online was truly next-gen. I played the other consoles too though. I would party chat with my xbox bros while playing ffxi on our ps2s.
>>
>>384784208
PS2, but i like the gamecube more today.
>>
>>384784680
Same.
>>
PS2 but I was always somewhat jealous of my friend with a Gamecube because he got to play Metroid Prime and Super Mario Sunshine.

I ended up getting a Wii and pirating the dozen or so Gamecube games.
>>
>>384785305
Same case here.
>>
>>384784208
PS2. Though I didn't play on it all that much. Mostly just MGS and GTA.
>>
>>384784208
PS2. Never even heard of Dreamcast and GameCube until like 2009.
>>
Gamecube

I'd pick it again. PS2 had a bigger library, but the first party
lineup for nintendo cannot be beat in my mind.
>>
>>384786618

It was the normie console.

It looked more grownup, and it was more well known as
a console than xbox. A lot of them probably just liked it cause it had
a bunch of sports games. Game stores had HUGE shelves
of PS2 games, where the other 2 had about half that size.
>>
>>384784208
PS2 given up on Nintendo at that point. Xbox was unknown territory. Props to people who bought one at that time, it actually lasted this long. Idk who had a Dreamcast back then.
>>
>>384784208
idort plus a pentium during that gen. Also, that gen was the last gen worth being idort for. My favorite one was xboxhueg, it felt like it was the first console that can be modded without being a goddamn engineer.
>>
>>384789765
And it was cheap and had a DVD player.
>>
File: 51rwGLT-paL.jpg (44KB, 401x500px)
51rwGLT-paL.jpg
44KB, 401x500px
So this is why /v/ has such shit taste. Their parents bought them the FIFA machine. No doubt you had to share it with your sister, so she could play all the shitty singing and dancing games.
>b-but I only played obscure JRPGs... I'm not a causal... I swear
Stop lying to yourselves.
>>
>>384790049
Speaking of, half my friends that had a PS3 only got one because it was the cheapest bluray player on the market at the time.
>>
>>384784208
I owned a Gamecube. My friends that were also into gaming lived close to me, one had a PS2, one had an Xbox and a Dreamcast. Didn't regret my choice, we were usually gaming at my place because the Gamecube had the best party games. I would say that if we weren't there, we were playing on the Xbox. The PS2 sucked because all of the decent games were singleplayer so we would switch with the controller, the games were ugly outside of stuff like Okami and Katamari. Dreamcast died quick, but I loved shit like Power Stone and Sonic Adventure (before it came to Gamecube). If I didn't have a Gamecube, I probably would have picked up an Xbox. It had a lot of really interesting games, Xbox Live was cool, and I thought the controller was pretty cool too.
I miss those days, because all of them were great platforms with their own pros and cons. We all got to go around to each other's houses to see what type of games each platform had to offer, and each console (except the Dreamcast) always had something interesting even going into the next gen.
>>
>>384784208
PS2

>SNES
>N64 + PS1
>PS2
>PS3
>PS4 + WiiU + Switch
>>
>>384790293
singstar was the shit.
>>
>>384790293
If you grew up only playing on consoles you have shit taste no matter the console to be fair.
>>
>>384790448
>no Wii
I hope you caught up on its library with the Wii U
>>
>I was too young when these systems were out and relevant but I'll still comment
>>
>>384784208
I had a PS2 first and got a Gamecube fairly soon after. Got an Xbox in 2016. Don't regret it one bit. Never had a Dreamcast, though.
>>
I had a GameCube and was blissfully ignorant of all the games Xbox and PS2 were getting because GameCube had a decent library of 4p games and that's all I wanted to play.

I own all 3 now. No Dreamcast ever.
>>
File: 1490914375326s.jpg (2KB, 125x84px)
1490914375326s.jpg
2KB, 125x84px
>>384784208
dreamcast in dec of 1999. I got a ps2 a while later, like 2 years later? not sure.

dreamcast is still the only one I'll play to this day, arcade fighters such as MvC2 are still top tier bidya to get down on. I stomp Elis ass every time.
>>
>>384784208
All 4
>>
>>384790350
most of my friends who bought a ps3 did it because of peer pressure
>>
>>384784208
Gamecube
>>
Xbox

best games by far
>>
I went from Dreamcast to Xbox mostly for Sega support. So glad I held out on ps2 since it didn't get good games for a year. My Dreamcast was still holding it down.
>>
File: 20170722_112708.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px)
20170722_112708.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>384790884
Agreed
>>
gamecube and ps2 but i fuck with gamecube the most. everyone i knew back then had the gamecube too
>>
>>384784208
I played the Xbox huge the most by far but in retrospect it was only because I didnt have a pc that was current enough to play new games on. The game I played the most by far during thay gen was Morrowind, on the xbox, but obviously PC was the better way to play it. I also played both KOTOR games a lot but those were also on PC. Take away the games that were also availavle on PC and the xbox exclusive game line up was nowhere near the level of Gamecube and ps2. I also played a lot of Shenmue 2 but that was of course also available on the Dreamcast (correct me if im wrong). Overall, with the advantage of hindsight I'd say gamecube hands down.

Gamecube is probably my favorite multiplayer console ever... great memories playing Melee, Wario Ware, Kirbys Air Ride, Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee, Mariokart... the list can go on and on really
>>
>>384784410
yep, I had a PS2 and Gamecube, both amazing systems.
It's a shame people pick one or the other when even now both companies have amazing games
>>
Gamecube, brother broke it, then ps2
>>
Gamecube and PS2
>>
>>384791694

>xbox had no exclusives

It had the exclusive of that generation. Halo 1 + 2 sold sysrems. It had other quality exclusives as well, mechassault, jsrf, amped, oddworld were just a few.

Inb4 some kid wants to argue about games he's never played.
>>
>>384784208
Ps2 and GameCube.
>>
>>384792357
Was KOTOR an exclusive too? It didn't have many exclusives, but it had some great ones.
>>
>>384785118
What a faggot
>>
>>384784680
This, but only because my ps2 got the blue disc read error almost immediately and I was so annoyed by it I just never bothered to get it fixed or replace it. There was too much to play on the other platforms.
>>
I had a Gamecube, but only a year before the Wii came out.
>>
I actually didn't have any of them because my family was super poor and only owned a SNES until a but after the 360 came out, so I've only ever played maybe 1-2 games from the 5th and 6th generations total despite being 28 now and having played games since before I can remember. We didn't have internet either, and I didn't have any friends since I was home schooled, so it absolutely blew my fucking mind going from A Link to the Past to Gears of War, I never imagined games could look like that. I was so sheltered from contemporary vidya that I just never had any exposure at all to 3D games until then. Felt like witchcraft at the time, and even though GoW isn't anything special, it's probably the most memorable experience I've ever had with a game just because of the absurdly massive leap in graphics alone.
>>
File: 1488575577637.png (355KB, 500x499px)
1488575577637.png
355KB, 500x499px
>>384784208
I had all of them. A GB SP and a PSP.
>>
>>384794395
Also if anyone would be willing to recommend a bunch of must play PS2 games I'd really appreciate it, a friend just gave me his old PS2, MGS2-3, Ico, and Katamari Damacy. I'd love to catch up on what I missed.
>>
>>384794395

That's pretty cool, m8. Gears of War was kinda special though.
>>
>>384784208
I had PS2, GC and Xbox. Played the most on the Xbox. All of my friends had Xbox as well so we had kickass lanparties all summer long.
>>
PS2.
>>
Dc then Gc.
Pc in the meanwhile.
I missed very few things that gen.
>>
>>384784208
PS2 as a family console first, my mom got it super quickly after release from a guy at her work who sold it to her after his kid was a little shit. Then I got an Xbox for Christmas a year after it released, then the GameCube a year after that for Christmas as well. Never owned a dreamcast
>>
>>384784208
All the above except for Dreamcast.

Having the opportunity to switch from Jet Set Radio Future, to Metal Gear Solid to REmake and more was amazing.
>>
>>384784208
None of them. Owned a GBA and DS around that time as far as current gens went.
Brother on the other hand had a GC, DC, and Xbox.
Fucking loved playing fightan games on the Dreamcast though. MvC was my shit, as was 3rd Strike.
>>
>>384784208
Dreamcast and PS2 master race
>>
Gamecube.
These days I own all four, but I still prefer the Gamecube.
>>
>>384792357
I did play a lot of Halo 2 I admit , but that list is much shorter ( and less interesting) than the ones I think most people would come up with for ps2 and Gamecube. I'm speaking from a very subjective and personal point of view of course.

Like I said Xbox was my console of choice at the time I just think if I had access to a good gaming PC at the time the Xbox would of been below Gamecube for me as far as the consoles go.
>>
>>384784208
PS2 and Gamecube. Usually bought multiplats on Gamecube unless I wanted to play it online I'd buy it on PS2.

Had access to an Xbox at a friends house I spent quite a lot of time with all 3.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.