[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this game fail?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0622.jpg (602KB, 1439x1293px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0622.jpg
602KB, 1439x1293px
Why did this game fail?
>>
>>384783909
There's a sealed copy of this at my local game store for $20. Worth picking up?
>>
>>384784179
It's fun because of the charming presentation and simple mechanics. If you just want to relax it's great, otherwise I wouldn't really recommend it.
>>
It's shit. Grindan: the game
>>
Its rune factory with better graphics but less options and for 3ds users graphics dont really matter
>>
>>384783909
Everything was too simple. Too many small things to do without any depth in them.

Ever Oasis is a much better game that's somewhat similar.
>>
>>384783909
How the fuck the game failed?

Sales and critical response was good
>>
>>384784862
they were forced to make the sequel a shitty phone game
>>
>>384783909
It didn't, it did better than Bravely Default.
>>
>>384784983

Yeah but thats just because mobile is easy money
>>
This game is so boring. The gameplay is phone-tier MMO style grinding, the various jobs are all mechanically the same, and the story, which is mandatory to unlock new areas, is complete garbage. Honestly one of the worst games ever. I wanted to like it. The art is nice and the premise sounds fun, but it was all terrible in execution. Even the music is incredibly repetitive. Don't even bother pirating this game.
>>
>>384785996
Wow sounds like a great game made for people who play Runescape.
>>
>>384783909
It didn't. It's made for a niche market and sold great for a niche market. You can't expect this game to get COD numbers.
>>
>>384786175
It is, I loved it.
>>
>>384783909
It didn't. It's a great game and a must-have on the 3DS.
>>
>>384786551
>actually like runescape
>tempted to buy it because of this
>>
>>384784509
Put all points into luck and just rely on crafting (and lucky crits) to make you stronger. Reduces the grinding by a LOT.
>>
>>384785996
This desuyo.
>music by final fantasy's composer
>it's shit
>>
>>384783909
>passed 1 million two years ago worldwide
>over 300K of that is in Japan
>failed

it didnt
>>
>>384783909
it was more fun than rune factory 4
>>
It did pretty well, though. Shame the game itself is just a massively shallow time sink.
>>
>>384785996
Honestly, this. I played it for about 40 hours and I never really enjoyed it. The combat is boring, the quests are boring, the story I couldn't care less about. The art style is nice and all, but the job system is kind of useless. I got to the part with the sky island and basically lost the will to play.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.