[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zelda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

So, did they die? Because it's kinda implied that they died and their spirits 'awakened' as the sages. Or were they reborn ala Gandalf?
>>
File: Carl-Jung-Quotes.jpg (46KB, 620x391px)
Carl-Jung-Quotes.jpg
46KB, 620x391px
Of course they did. How much more obvious does it have to be? You literally see them as ghosts on Death Mountain gaze up into the heavens symbolically like they're moving on.

Hyrule Historia is not canon.
>>
>>384784791
>Hyrule Historia is not canon.

Don't start this. If it contradicts your headcanon the head canon is probably wrong
>>
>>384785941
Say that about FFX-3.
>>
>>384786030
I don't play post-FFVII crap
>>
>>384784791
ignore this cuck. they didn't die
>>
>>384786176
>being a typical FF7fag

Whew
>>
>>384786231
>Pretending FFVIII didn't kill the series
>>
So did Ganondorf kill Ruto's spirit in TP when he tried to make his escape?
>>
>>384786331
>pretending FF7 didn't kill the series
>pretending 9 wasn't a return to form
>ignoring 12

Whew
>>
>>384786470
>>pretending 9 wasn't a return to form
>Playing on nostalgia is returning to form
>>
>>384786030
Jokes on you I find the whole mess of a story hilarious, so I have no problem with it being canon.
>>
>>384786470
7 did kill the series, and every game after was worse. If you think that 7 or anything after is better than 4 or 6, then you're either retarded or underage.
>>
>>384785941
What head canon? Historia is wrong and it is canon that they died. Only people who don't know shit about Zelda would believe otherwise.
>>
Just thinking that Phantom Ganon slaughtered Saria makes me sad.

Nabooru and Darunia especially seemed the most obvious examples of them dying before becoming sages, though I've read that a lot of people consider Nabooru as the most obvious argument for the opposite. Did I completely misread what happened to her?
>>
>>384786607
>What head canon? Historia is wrong and it is canon that they died. Only people who don't know shit about Zelda would believe otherwise.

Prove it
>>
>>384786632
The witches talked about brainwashing her again
>>
>>384786030
What's wrong with FFX-3?

Tidus sees a bomb, and thinks its a blitz ball, so he tries to kick it, which is perfectly in character with tidus, and accidentally blows his head off because what else would happen?

Yuna has sex with the corpse in a previously unspoken about ritual that is never discussed again and brings tidus back to life, but for some reason tidus can't learn that's what happened because then it'd break the rituals conditions and he'd die again, perfectly in lore so far... Not seeing any issues really.

THEN, it turns out the tidus she brought back isnt the same as the real tidus and they don't really like eachother that much anymore, so they break up. All of this seems perfectly normal and a good basis for a story.

>>384786470
>Release the literal same game 4 times in a row with slightly different character names.
>Remake the game two more times with some tweaks.
>Release a new original idea.
>Decades later people are still crying about it.

>>384786632
>>384784791
>>384783816
It literally doesn't matter if they lived or died because link goes back to the past at the end of OOT and stops ganon from becoming king by simply not opening the doors of time, which is the only way ganon could get the triforce in the first place. Then none of the events of OOT happen ever. Meaning that the timeline where he becomes an adult due to the sword never actually happened.
>>
>>384786632
No. She got blown to smithereens in front of Link to make it obvious.

The context of the scene is that they're throwing around ideas like monkey in the middle, with what to do to her but they're not serious about doing it. Then she runs so they both decide at the same time, to kill her.
>>
>>384786747
Translation error about turning her into an undead servant maybe? Because they zapped her, and the scene comes across as much more threatening than simply being captured again.
>>
>>384786929
Perhaps, but it's not a hundred percent one way or the other.

Wouldn't Rauru have mentioned it if someone had to die to become a sage?
>>
>>384786030
>>384786845
>Being this assmad about FFX-3
>Taking a fanfic published by mistake this serious
I know you guys are trolling but don't make it that obvious
>>
>>384787064
Rauru lives on a higher elevation of consciousness. To him there's no difference between being alive carnally or spiritually, and fate will play out as it should.
>>
>>384787210
This sounds like headcanon
>>
>>384787064
Not necessarily if he thought it might make Link conflicted once he found out the sages were his friends.

>>384786845
>It literally doesn't matter if they lived or died because link goes back to the past at the end of OOT

Speaking of that, did any Zelda fuck everything up as badly as OoT Zelda? She should have just left everything well enough alone. I don't think Link gave a shit about 'muh lost years' considering how Child Link ends up.
>>
>>384787241
Not to be "that guy" but some headcanon is turned official thanks to Nintendo, remember how the split timeline bs was literally set in stone thanks to fans headcanon and then taken into an official thing
>>
>>384787352
>Speaking of that, did any Zelda fuck everything up as badly as OoT Zelda?

No, Hyrule is underwater because of here

BotW Zelda comes in a close second though.

>>384787421
There was no way to not have a split timeline when Wind Waker came out
>>
>>384787241
He's literally disembodied spirit who can't leave the Sacred Realm even to be with the other sages at the end. It may be headcanon but very plausible.

>>384787421
The split timeline is confirmed in the ending of OoT in the celebration scene. Stop talking about something you don't understand, or clearly too stupid to since it's had 18 years to have dinned on you now. Unless you mean the third timeline in which case Nintendo has never confirmed that. That's Shogakukan.
>>
>>384787352
This is the problem with time travel in media, you usually can't have it make any sense.

The only reason Ganon comes to power is because Link opened the temple of light. This is LITERALLY THE ONLY REASON HES ABLE TO COME TO POWER.

Zelda, impa, and the other sages know that this is a fact. So the question is, why when he arrived did they not simply tell him to put the sword back, close the temple of time, and then just go back. Problem solved.

Consider the following; upon defeating ganon in the future, when link goes back in time to before he picked up the sword, Ganon would still be alive, the situation is still just as bad for child link as it was when he picked up the master sword to leave in the first place.

Zelda has still been driven out of the castle, Ganon is still in the process of trying to seize control of power.

Realistically... What was the point of OoT???

Link saved the timeline that literally doesn't exist, and left the real actual timeline he comes from completely unchanged since it'll never come to pass.
>>
>>384787803
>Realistically... What was the point of OoT???

It was clearly intended as a prequel to ALttP
>>
>>384787803
I thought the implication was Ganon was sealed in the sacred realm or whatever.
>>
>>384787803
Wouldn't Ganondorf have been able to open the door himself if he got the 3 Spiritual Stones? I thought it was considered an inevitability that he would at some point, so Zelda wanted to get them first. Ganon just let Link do the grunt work for him.
>>
>>384787803
The point is that the seven sages (not the ones from the future, but the ones when he's a kid) saw that he had travelled through time and saw through link the truth. So they executed him.
Didn't you play Twilight Princess?
>>
>>384788198
This probably has something to do with it. I suspect Ganon can't have absolute power without the Master Sword (of time), so having Link take it instead gives the world a fighting chance against a powerful threat.

It's like a cosmic game of chess, really.
>>
>>384787689
Eh, no need to get all pissy, still, refresh my memory, what happened to confirm the split timeline in OoT in the celebration/party scene? Can't seem to remember any indication of it.
>>
>>384788147
Yes, the ganon of the future is sealed, except that timeline never happens. Ganon of the past is still alive, and so are all the sages. Nothing you do in the future matters.

>>384788198
Consider the following.

The only reason it was inevitable that Ganon would get all the 3 spiritual stones was because he knew who had them because they were really stupid and told everyone who had them.

If Link had just gone into the lost woods, and buried one, you'd literally never be able to find it again in canon. It'd be actually gone forever.

>>384788320
It doesn't matter though. Without opening the temple of time ganon doesn't have the power to defeat the sages, so he just loses. It's just a really boring way to end the story, but that's it.
>>
>>384788394
The fact that it exists shows that the the world went on even after Link had gone back to his childhood.
>>
>>384788484
>Without opening the temple of time ganon doesn't have the power to defeat the sages, so he just loses.
The sages don't know that.
>>
>>384787803
>travel in media, you usually can't have it make any sense.
Lol if you believe this.
>The only reason Ganon comes to power is because Link opened the temple of light. This is LITERALLY THE ONLY REASON HES ABLE TO COME TO POWER.
No. It's because he strong-armed the whole of Hyrule using his heritage to get in the King's good graces while committing extortion behind his back. He already knew what he needed. It's only a matter of time before he found the Ocarina.

>So the question is, why when he arrived did they not simply tell him to put the sword back, close the temple of time, and then just go back. Problem solved.
Uh, cause of the tiny matter of the fact that the last portion of the Sacred Realm still standing when Link go the future was a tiny chamber of Sages being manned by Rauru.

>Consider the following; upon defeating ganon in the future, when link goes back in time to before he picked up the sword, Ganon would still be alive, the situation is still just as bad for child link as it was when he picked up the master sword to leave in the first place.
Except now Link has the Triforce of Courage in his hand to convince the king and get the jump on Ganondorf.

>Realistically... What was the point of OoT???Link saved the timeline that literally doesn't exist
The point is you don't know shit about Zelda and OoT is a good noob filter for those not worth participating in serious discussion with. So this is your last reply.
>>
>>384788582
It doesn't matter. He actually doesn't have the power to defeat them without that. It does not matter. Ganon will be forced to try and fight the sages without the triforce of power, so he will lose. It doesn't matter if they know it or not.

>>384788593
The problem with what you are saying here is that it doesn't matter. Ganon can't get the triforce of power, so all his plans fall apart. He's unable to complete any of them. Hes in control of an army who is steadily going to revel on him, above a citizenship who doesn't see him as their ruler, against the 7 sages, without the triforce of power. Merely by walking away, and going to kakariko a village that ganon was UNABLE TO EVER REACH EVEN WITH THE TRIFORCE OF POWER.

He 100% stops ganon's entire plan.
>>
>>384788912
There are no Sages except the dead Sages, and Ganondorf one-shotted one out of existence after being starved and forced to shit in a bucket for 7 years. With a sword through his sternum no less. You think he wouldn't kill all 7 at his prime?
>>
>>384784791
mate they were just projecting their spirits from the Temple of Light in that scene
nothing in OoT says or even suggests that they died
>>
>>384790237
Project nothing mate. The context of Mido and King Zora's scene tells you everything you need to know. Why weren't they at the celebration with those they loved if they were alive? They couldn't be there.
>>
>>384790674
they couldn't be there because they couldn't physically leave the Temple of Light
being a sage is a big deal
>>
>>384790778
Seems like a shitty existence to have if you're still locked in a physical body.
>>
>>384790778
>because they couldn't physically leave the Temple of Light

Duh. Because they can't exist corporeally IN the Light Temple. If that's not being dead I don't know what is.
>>
File: 1481689717630.png (222KB, 500x500px)
1481689717630.png
222KB, 500x500px
>Arguing about lore from a 19 year old game when the creators had no idea they would need to connect it to every single game that came out afterwards
>>
>>384791145
no, because they are sages and for Link to receive power through the medallions they have to stay their ass put. they're probably sealed in the Temple so they can't leave even if they want to
remember Medli and Makar from WW? they couldn't leave either, and they weren't dead. and the old sages in that game were only dead because boss monsters killed them
>>
>>384791020
it is
being a sage is like having jury duty, except it never ends (unless you are killed and a new sage is needed)
>>
>>384791619
I would have thought their spirits were the medallions, which were formed when the spirits awakened.
>>
File: d00.png (227KB, 600x515px)
d00.png
227KB, 600x515px
>>384791619
MEDLI AND MAKAR LEFT. THEY ONLY WERE THE TO PRAY FOR THE SWORD. TWO DIFFERENT BREEDS OF SAGES. ONES ARE PHYSICAL, ONES ARE NOT. IN FACT YOU CONTRADICT YOURSELF BY BRINGING UP THOSE SAGES BECAUSE IN ALTTP, THE MAIDENS FREAKING DIED TO BECOME A SAGE. ZELDA INCLUDED. THEY WERE TELEPORTED TO DARK WORLD AS SPIRITS TO BREAK THE SEAL AND LINK HAD TO WISH THEM BACK TO LIFE.

L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y ARGUING AGAINST CANON TO DEFEND SOME SHITTY BOOK. GIVE IT UP ALREADY. I KNOW YOU'RE DEFENDING IT OVER BUYER'S REMORSE, BUT IS IT REALLY WORTH THROWING OUT YOUR PRINCIPLES? IT'S NOT EVEN A GAME.
>>
>>384792291
why are you telling nigga
anyway, I don't own Hyrule Historia, never even read it so idk what you're talking about
I don't recall Medli and Makar leaving but if you say so that's fine. I DEFINITELY don't recall any maidens dying in LttP but again, it's been a while
getting this upset over video games is probably a bad sign my dude. you should cool your jets
>THROWING OUT YOUR PRINCIPLES
kek

>>384792021
that could be I guess? the medallions are kinda vague honestly. I guess they just mostly needed a physical representation of completing a dungeon that you could look at in your gear screen
>>
Its straight up implied in the game that impa was tortured to death in the shadow temple

So yeah they died
>>
>>384791191
Seriously, no game before Wind Waker put real thought into connecting itself with the rest of the series.
>>
>>384792761
That's what I always thought. It really seemed like they were killed by the temple bosses. Saria's is the most vague, maybe because of taboos about violence against children/child-like characters in media at the time. Nabooru's was the most obvious, Darunia enters Volvagia's chamber right in front of you without the hammer and is never seen again, etc etc.
>>
>>384786030
>>384784791
>I don't like it so it's not canon

Y'all starting to sound like Holocaust deniers.
>>
File: 1489786184362.jpg (675KB, 2880x1620px)
1489786184362.jpg
675KB, 2880x1620px
>>384793247
I'm sorry, the what?
>>
>>384793247
>My personal preferences are the reason the Holocaust math doesn't come close to adding up correctly
>>
>>384790237
Context clues suggest it's very likely Darunia died fighting Volvagia.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.