[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: qvcF1zV.jpg (241KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
qvcF1zV.jpg
241KB, 1366x768px
What went wrong
>>
Dont even know what game that is, kill yourself my man
>>
real time with pause combat
>>
I bought this game when it came out and then just... never got around to trying it. Even now, I don't really have any reason why I'm not playing it.

>>384777698
Serpent in the Staglands, fagmaster.
>>
>>384777494
No quest journal. I dropped this shit before I even picked it up.
>>
>>384777494
Nothing is really wrong with it. It's pretty impressive for a game made by two people
>>
>>384777494
i really really wanted to get into this game but holy fucking were those loading screens long. So I dropped pretty early
>>
>>384778858
>holy fucking were those loading screens long

The power of Unity engine
>>
>>384778961
>power of shitty programmers*
Fixed that for you.
>>
All their pixels are like twice the size they should be.
>>
File: CO1e6QHUkAUfjOG.jpg (100KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CO1e6QHUkAUfjOG.jpg
100KB, 600x800px
>>384779283
Fuck you, Hannah is a cute

But yes, SitS is a mess of programming
>>
>>384778114
More like sepent in the fagland

LOL
>>
>>384777494
everything went right except
too little content

>>384777698
kys

>>384777779
kys

>>384778480
kys
>>
>>384779575
isnt her boyfriend the programmer and she does mostly art and management?
>>
>>384779784
kys
>>
File: HannahJoe.jpg (292KB, 1573x1180px) Image search: [Google]
HannahJoe.jpg
292KB, 1573x1180px
>>384779843
>We're Hannah and Joe Williams, a married couple living somewhere around the Misty Mountains of the West Coast. Joe is an artist and animator and Hannah is a programmer and writer and with our powers combined we make RPGs

Living the dream
>>
>>384777494
I think it's okay for what it is
>>
They made the game in Unity and somehow made it look like it was made 30 years ago, for computers with resolution from 30 years ago, there is no excuse for it to look like that, garbage devs.
>>
>>384780791
The art style was obviously a choice they made and I won't comment how good it was but not every game has to have generic realistic AAA art.

Unity has nothing to do with the game itself. Unless you're a game developer you won't understand how engines effect a game so fuck off.
>>
>>384780938
This isn't about the art style, it's about the resolution, they made everything low resolution and just upscale it at runtime, which makes the game terrible to play and look like shit.

>Unity has nothing to do with the game itself. Unless you're a game developer you won't understand how engines effect a game so fuck off.
>I heard a game dev say this so I will now repeat it every time someone talks about an engine to seem smart

The mistake you made is I am a game dev, I literally worked on a game engine, as in making the engine. The point I was trying to make is it would have been really easy for them to make everything have a good resolution from the start with Unity, which would have made the game significantly better. This would not have been as easy if they made their own engine and so I would have forgiven them if it was the case, but no they just purposefully decided to give their game low res for the old-school feel or something, which is stupid.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.