[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I git gud at soldier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: .png (112KB, 300x282px) Image search: [Google]
.png
112KB, 300x282px
how do I git gud at soldier?
>>
Learn to rocket jump and lead your targets
>>
File: sdkjlfsdljk.png (485KB, 897x645px) Image search: [Google]
sdkjlfsdljk.png
485KB, 897x645px
>>384774978
>lead your targets
explain
>>
>>384775096
Don't shoot at where they are, shoot at where they will be.
>>
>>384775096
Don't shoot at them, shoot where they will be when your rocket hits them.
>>
>>384775096
>>
>>384775258
>>384775259
>>384775276
ok got it.

any tips on best gear? I've found the standard rocket default weapon works just fine, but just curious if any anon's know a good alternative
>>
>>384775364
Stock is best. Use gunboats.
>>
>>384775405
Fuck that, shotgun is your best secondary. If you don't get them with rockets you finish their ass off with lead. Buff Banner or Batallions Backup second best secondaries
>>
>>384775484
>If you don't get them with rockets
This is where I know you're a scrub. Enjoy being a sitting duck that is over-reliant on health kits. Only reason to use a shotgun is if you're pocket.
>>
>use direct hit
>tiny splash damage doesn't matter because of tf2's disgustingly large player and projectile hitboxes
>1hit or 2hit everyone
Melee and secondary can be literally whatever you want it doesn't matter as long as you enjoy your MVP just for equipping the direct hit
>>
>>384775941
Then you get in a 2v1 situation and you're just completely fucked
>>
Gunboats a shit, pack a banner or a shotgun.
>>
>>384775364
Standard rocker launcher
shotgun/ gunboats (if you have no medic, they'll be useful in allowing you to rocket jump more)
Escape Plan
>>
>>384775987
>shoot one enemy
>then shoot the other
Problem solved. Also because of the increased projectile speed of the direct hit you can basically stay away from the enemy and practically snipe with it
>>
>want to use Air Strike because I love collecting kills
>get wrecked in Soldier duels
Should I just kill myself?
>>
Shoot the floor
Run away into small rooms that make it hard to dodge
Don't try to walk or rocket jump past massive open areas with bodyshotting snipers on the other side

That's literally it its very hard not to top score as Solly
>>
>>384777604
Play Demo or Sniper instead.
>>
use the black box
concheror
whip

Find a hoovy to bro up with and slap his ass to the point.
Hoovys attract medics and the medic will overheal your ass for helping their buttbudy out.
Stand behind hooby and help him kill targets.

Learn how to rocketjump and use it to get to high places and shoot your ass toward health packs.

Kill sentries by exposing yourself for half a second, popping a rocket, and repeating until the engineer runs out of metal.

Find solice in the fact that you are using the most broken class in the game.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.