[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you first realise that FO3>F:NV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: f0c.jpg (21KB, 510x364px) Image search: [Google]
f0c.jpg
21KB, 510x364px
When did you first realise that FO3>F:NV
>>
There is no part of Fallout 3 that is better than New Vegas. Hell, Fallout 3 is worse than 4, because at least 4 had decent gunplay and power armor mechanics barring the limited fuel system you could farm ez pz.
>>
>>384773308
Why do you have a photo that argues against you?
>>
After I played NV, obviously.
I like 3's atmosphere way better than nv.
>>
>>384774198
Average FO3 fan yeah.
>>
>>384773308
When I developed a mental illness
>>
>>384773308
Anyone with that opinion is a fallout 3 babby
>>
File: Fallout2Enclave.png (371KB, 803x412px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout2Enclave.png
371KB, 803x412px
>>384773358
This
>>384773308
Keep these coming, /v/ needs to here the truth about vidya, & these men clearly know what's what.
>>
>>384774390
well it's impossible to not be a fallout 3 bebe considering how it was the first nu-fallout to come out, and the previous ones were isometric games more than a decade earlier with completely different gameplay to the point of not even being remotely recognisable as part of the same series.
>>
I liked the DC setting since I live there so 3 appeals more to me. I dont get why people are so autistic over this shit, people have different reasons for liking things more or less
>>
File: House.png (89KB, 399x382px) Image search: [Google]
House.png
89KB, 399x382px
>>384774606
Heresy anon, thou shalt not speak such blasphemy in this thread.
>>
>>384773308
When I replayed 3 and realized I could go in any direction in the map instead of a pre-determined U shape trail.
>>
>>384773308
When my 2 int 10 luck idiot hero defused the bomb at Megaton by shoving my arm in and messing around.
>>
>>384774917
You can go straight to new Vegas from good springs, without going the "quest" way. I do it all the time. If you can't you just suck, also invest in sneak.
>>
>>384775016
Are lucky idiot-builds fun? I usually just go for max intelligence.
>>
>>384775098
Lucktards are fun in games that don't relentlessly punish you for sacrificing intelligence, but it limits character choices to worse than Fallout 4 level and gets stale after a single run.
>>
File: ber.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ber.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
FO3
>settlements have no food
>followers like you because your a good guy or a bad guy
>teh enclave is evil
>brotherhood of white knights
>forgot what made the old fallouts good
FNV
>realistic world
>people have food and organisation and government
>followers are actual human beings that will like or dislike you based on your choices
>casears legion isn't the big baddy like it easily could've been
>karma is dumb, lets get a system that actually works
AND new vegas was rushed out of development
>there are brainlets who like FO3
pic related
>>
>>384775305
this desu
>>
>>384775305
>LARPing cowboys and elvis impersonators
>Realistic world

I can't even...

FNVabbies everyone.
>>
>>384775517
Can't be any worse than LARPing VAMPIRES
>>
>>384775517
>factions vying for control of pivotal hoover dam because water is pretty important
>people vying for control
>food
It still retains the fallout 2 goofiness while actually having a competent story and world. As if fallout 3 did it better.
>
>>
>>384775517
We have those IRL too anon.
>>
>>384775626
Muh atmosphere, as if the green tint and radiation misconceptions didn't break the immersion.
>>
It's a single player game ----> STORY first

and FO3 story sucks so bad I can't believe it's what they came up with first.

NAME ONE THING that FO3 story has better than NV? Not in complexity, in rewarding, in resolution, in ... whatever
>>
>>384773308
When did you realize FO has already been irrelevant?
>>
>>384775868
Atmosphere
>>
>>384775868
Undertale had a better story than New Vegas.
>>
>>384773308
A few hours into NV. I was glad to get more Fallout, but at it's core it's just a full price FO3 mod with more boring locations.
>>
File: 1490821342248.webm (2MB, 404x368px) Image search: [Google]
1490821342248.webm
2MB, 404x368px
>>384775868
>It's a single player game ----> STORY first
So this is the power of fnvdegenerates. Impressive, this thread ends here for me.
>>
>>384776079
what movie is that webm from?
>>
>>384773308
I will say that Damage Resistance is a better armour system than Damage Threshold because it makes shotguns and automatic weapons more effective. Also, the The Capitol Wasteland is more fun to explore than the Mojave.
Other than that, NV improves on 3 in every other way.
>>
>>384773358
There are some parts of fallout 3 that are better than new vegas, fallout 3 had way better interiors and dungeons, there is less invisible walls. I can't think of much else but some of it is better.
>>
>>384774606
We all know that, but it's no fun to just be civil and agree we like different things...it's more fun to fling shit at each other and argue about which is better even though it's subjective.
>>
>not just installing Tale of Two Wastelands to get the best of 3 and NV
>>
>>384776685
that is, only the new vegas part
>>
>>384776079
yeah and fallout 3 combat is soooo solid LMAO
fallout 4 combat>fallout 3
>>
>>384776194
DR makes armor that the player wears virtually worthless, whereas DT means you actually have to think about the weapons you equip (like using a shotgun to take down dudes in heavy armor is fucking retarded) and more accurately reflects how armor works in the real world
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.