[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assassin's Creed Origins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: Bayek Ass Creed.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bayek Ass Creed.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
From what we've seen so far of Origins, does anyone else get the feeling Bayek will have the worst personality traits of Connor and Altair?

Also, inb4 WE
>>
Please dont tell me you actually have an interest in this.
>I said no KANGZ
No, nothing to do with the race of the character or the setting, AC games are fucking awful as games anon, stop falling for this shit. They keep changing the setting, but the shit gameplay remains the same every time, weve been saying "it will get better" since fucking 2.
>>
File: ca0.jpg (129KB, 600x772px) Image search: [Google]
ca0.jpg
129KB, 600x772px
WE
>>
>>384768465
Well those are my favourite MCs so I'm not worried about that.

However, retelling how the Brotherhood was built, again, is boring to me. And the new combat system looks like trash.
>>
I'm more concerned about how awful the combat looks.
>>
>>384768648
>play AC1
>best setting in a game i have played
>beautiful scenery and city in a lovely time period

Then they fucked it with sci fi. Why they couldnt just be adventure games set in different locations and times ill never know. Now ill never get another game to ride through jerusalem with
>>
File: 1497291980801.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497291980801.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>384768648
Not OP but AC games are fun but I guess that's too hard to grasp for /v/ipsters.

Shame about the afrocentric historical revisionism in origins and feminist revisionism in syndicate tho.
>>
>>384768997
They had "sci fi" planned from the beginning. The apple of eden was in 1 which was always going to be about the pre flood civilizaiton or I suppose they changed it to "pre solar flare xd" being an advanced civilization.
>>
>>384768465
yes. pretty sure it's going to be even worse MC than conor
>>
>>384769176
This. I feel like they had a proper trilogy planned with AC3 being primarily set in the real world where you play as Desmond and then money just got in the way,
>>
>>384768648
>but the shit gameplay remains the same every time, weve been saying "it will get better" since fucking 2.

the gameplay actually got worse after they discarded the already-not-so-challenging mechanics they had up until Revelations in exchange for an even worse 'magnetic velcro'-type of control system

AC games are fucking boring. They are either games that play themselves in terms of combat and movment, and they include the very worst of mission types for the player to experience

after having seen the vapid gameplay footage of Origins, the developers this time try to trick you into buying this garbage by making the wallpaper setting obnoxiously vast. The gameplay itself is still AC3-style, ie the worst and most boring
>>
>>384768465
Yes, and I'm kinda worried that the games gonna feel totally different, I don't care if Assassins Creed was the same game in a different time period every year, because they were comfy open world collectothons with great gameplay. Origins gameplay looks kinda eh.
>>
>>384769546
Glad it did. Fuck Desmond and the modern story.
>>
>>384768465
i guess it's really a little to soon to say that don't you think?
>>
>>384768465
I stopped at black flag, what have i missed anons?
>>
>>384769809
Oh my god, Desmond might be the worst protagonist in video game history. The fact they went with that fucking story for FIVE games is incredible.
>>
>>384769546
Yeah I feel like hardcore fans of 1 and 2 were more a fan of the modern day some of the other players and I know me personally I always dreamed of a modern day assassins creed when I first played 1. I guess you could kinda say we got that with watch dogs but sadly its a bit different especially how you can't scale skyscrapers and such
>>
>>384769871
Unity was fine, Syndicate was truly great.
>>
>>384769972
We've got a comedian here.
>>
>>384768817
The combat system does look like shit. It looks like TW3's combat, which was only even remotly fun on the hardest difficulty setting. I doubt Origins will have a difficulty setting.

For all of its flaws, I think Unity had the best combat. No insta-kill counters, you actually had to parry and then attack yourself, and it had an actual dodge button, tackling and heavy attacks and shit all without being just TW3 combat.
>>
>>384769871
Rogue is great. Unity is okay. Syndicate is absolute shit.
>>
>>384770038
Seriously, other than it just not feeling very different, what the fuck is wrong with Syndicate?
>>
>>384769972
Unity is the best game in the series
Syndicate is probably the worst
>>
>>384769726
>The gameplays gotten worse
>The gameplay only improved upon the original system all the way to AC4/Rogue
>AC Unity actually improved upon the base combat making it more challenging especially in the early game until they balance it out late game to be more tradtional master assassin shit
>AC Syndicate had fun beat em up combat similar but despite being easy late game was still an improvement
>AC Origins has combat more similar dark souls one of the games praised mostly for its gameplay yet /v/ipsters will still shit on this massive improvement because "le xd tagging, heat seeking arrows, hurr all AC games are the same"
>>
>>384770116
bathook, shittiest combat, territory war, dumbass leveling/skills

Unity reached the peak of the series in everything except story then they basically took out most of those improvements and replaced it with shit
>>
>>384770094
I love Ezio, but I think Shay is the best protag the series has had. People like to boil him down to the "I make my own luck" line he repeated a few times, but he actually had depth. When the Assassin's did bad things, he questioned them, when the Templars did bad things, he did the same. He thought for himself and voiced his opinions regardless of what people might think of him.

Also, isn't Shay like, the biggest fucking badass out there?

>Takes down pretty much the entire colonial Assassins order.
>Kills several master assassins.
>Makes assassins look like cannon fodder
>Is canny enough to know when he's being hunted
>Took down a few templars.
>Fought both the armies and navies of France and Britain.
>>
Origins looked great until
>leveled enemies that you cant even execute if you are below them
fuck this shit

also i am not a WE WUZ memester, but i dislike Bayek's voice, i was expecting something like Altair's, it fits the look of the character more also
>>
>>384770116
Fucking everything.
>>
>>384770565

Nigga levelling is in the game since Unity.
>>
>>384770827
You'll have to name some examples. I didn't think it was worse than Unity, at least the protags were not fun hating douchebags and the london feel was quite nice.
>>
File: Switch Tactics.jpg (74KB, 499x386px) Image search: [Google]
Switch Tactics.jpg
74KB, 499x386px
>>384770306
Cept most of that shit is good tho. The combat was a stray from some of the other games in certain ways but its still fun and definitely requires more skill.

Honestly the only problems with Syndicate is the forced diversity/progressive agenda (xd female diversity quotas in gangs and Karl Marx is a good guy also nobody bat an eye when this trans person walks in), no coop (Despite the game literally having the perfect plot for it two twin siblings), the game getting too easy too fast (then AC Unity had the exact same problem and the games in generaly have always been about people who have advanced genetics who are literally just genetically superior because of their ancestors and first civilization DNA so you're supposed to feel like a badass not some generic rookie assassin)

>>384770565
The leveled shit and not being able to instantly kill higher level enemies from the start is meant to replicate the fact that Beyek is literally as rookie as rookie can be. He's the first Assassin of the Assassins Creed with no training at all so he doesn't have any instant killing assassin skills because he has no idea how but I believe they said if you focus your skills on the hidden blade (which is what i'm primarily gonna do) you'll be able to instantly kill anyone eventually. Its meant to replicate training/self teaching and shit from the experience he gets.
>>
>>384769546
>>384769935
The Desmond sections in 1 were great especially because they were totally unexpected. It did feel like they were building toward a future Desmond game but obviously what made 1 and 2 good were the past locations and gameplay. Colonial America was a bad choice and too modern for 3 but even worse the combat and movement gameplay went to shit.
>>
>>384770983
>Beyek is literally as rookie as rookie can be
He used to be a cop equivalent and definitely has a good deal of training.
>>
>>384770889
and it was perfectly fine there
>>
File: baitlock.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
baitlock.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
>>384770983
>Syndicate combat
>fun and requires skill
>>
>>384770983
>>384771123
Bayek also looks to be in his mid-30's so I wonder how old he'll be when he creates the assassin's order. Also, have we ever gotten a protag that's this old at the get go? 50 year old Ezio doesn't count since that wasn't his first game.
>>
>>384771287
Closest would be Altair, and they look to me to be of a similar age.
>>
>>384771287
Haytham
>>
File: dfs.png (54KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
dfs.png
54KB, 500x534px
>>384771274
>>
>>384770983
My dude, once you figure out how the combat works it's no challenge at all.

Say you're facing a group of three and you start to attack number 1, after you've pressed the attack button 3 times, number 2 will attack, counter that and go back to hitting number 1, if number 1 puts his guard up, break it, and number 2 or 3 will attack. If number 1 survives a 3 combo hit, it will attack after attack 3 or 5, I don't remember.

Enemies literally always attack after a pattern, and the game remembers what buttons you press, so you can end a fight almost the same time it begins.
>>
>>384771598
Never said it was hard/a challenge forever. I even make the point that the game because easy quickly.
>>
>>384768648
I don't care. I'm not hoping for them to innovate their gameplay, as long as it isn't a buggy mess (like Unity) it's fine.

I just want to explore historical setpieces and kill some templars.
>>
>>384771923
>I just want to explore historical setpieces and kill some templars.

This is literally the reason most people buy the AC games. It's why the series has sold over 100 million copies. Although they probably count shitty mobile games in that number.
>>
i fear Ubisoft will deliver another 10/10 map again and not put it to actual use just like they did it with The Division and Wildlands
>>
>>384768465
It seriously can't be worse than Connor. It was not only Connor's boring personality that made him shit, also his MUH CHARLES LEEEEEE when in reality every player knew that what they were doing as connor was doing more harm than good for no good reason at all, Connor was a fucking fag.
>>
>>384772254
The game literally punishes Connor for every single target he takes down. The only positive thing Connor does in his life is the homestead shit.
>>
>>384771726
It's never a challenge though. One of the first few skills you can unlock lets you sucker punch people to take a good chunk of their health down from the outset. Another skill lets you do that, then chain it into another opponent to do it again and there's not even a limit to it. You can just keep going and take down an entire group of enemies with button mashing. In my experience, Syndicate had the easiest and most braindead combat of all the AC games. Not to even mention how weird it looks since the animations look like they're sped up. You can take footage of a regular fight in Syndicate, put some Benny Hill in the back and it'll fit right in. Shit was so weird. AC has always had easy as fuck combat but at least the others made you look cool in the process with flashy moves. Syndicate just really falls short on all around aesthetics.
>>
>>384770952
>fun hating douchebags
Yeah, just terribly-written ones. Evie the Mary Sue cunt and not-Ezio.
>>
>>384773589
Nah dude it was a challenge in the first hour of the game with no skills going to a level 10 base trying to kill templar leader :^)
>>
>>384772138
Speaking of the map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJcrh7Z_Ht4
>>
>>384773628
>Mary sue
Every AC Protag is a "mary sue" or rather the male equivelant. That's kind of the point.
>>
>>384773728
>Connor
>Altair
>Mary Sues
Kill yourself, kiddo.
>>
>>384773728
only Ezio is a mary sue
>>
>>384774184
Arguably, Ezio is not a mary sue either. He takes a whole lot of fucking punishment throughout his trilogy and fuck up a number of times.
>>
>>384774184
Yeah because a character who do this every fucking fight hundreds to thousands of times isn't a Mary Sue. Okay dude. The whole point of the characters is to be this master assassin who has fucking mutant powers ala eagle vision/shit because of first civilizaiton DNA and being an extra badass assassin who can't be stopped in or out of stealth.

https://youtu.be/iCbw9pRbMgQ?t=1m11s

https://youtu.be/4NscwgQH_Sc?t=1m2s
>>
>>384774484
oh its a retad who doesnt know what a mary sue is
>>
File: GSFKI.png (170KB, 736x689px) Image search: [Google]
GSFKI.png
170KB, 736x689px
>>384774520
Yeah its not like they're not perfect assassins or anything and its not like a mary sue has to do with being perfect or anything to unrealistic levels. Dumb cuck trying to tell me I don't know what a mary sue is nice fucking bait.
>inb4 I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>384768465
bayek will be gay. in the game he's essentially the last of of an obsolete police force and his home town is the siwa oasis which has a very long history of acceptance of homosexuality.
>>
>>384774607
you obviously dont know
and you are obviously not pretending lmao
>>
>>384768465
I haven't played Assassins Creed after the Jerusalem one, are they more character driven now?
>>
>>384774709
depends which one
there is 2 boatdriven and one carriagedriven
>>
File: 2017-07-22_125126.png (373KB, 940x419px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-22_125126.png
373KB, 940x419px
You're not a real fan if you don't buy this.
>>
>>384774878
the only reason i dont buy it because i hate shitty figurines
why do they always have to add that to CEs?
>>
>>384774878
>wanting to be a 'real fan' of AC of all things
It's a guilty pleasure game at best for me.
>>
>>384774931
That's the only reason why you won't spend 800 bucks on a collector's edition?
>>
>>384768465
when is the game coming out?
>>
>>384774980
yes
>>
>>384774984
End of Oct.
>>
>>384768671
WUZ
>>
File: Bayek.jpg (255KB, 1656x919px) Image search: [Google]
Bayek.jpg
255KB, 1656x919px
Why the hell did they give this guy a voice actor who sounds western african? He looks more arab or east african.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.