[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's this like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: tocs_splash.jpg (739KB, 778x778px) Image search: [Google]
tocs_splash.jpg
739KB, 778x778px
What's this like?
>>
>>384764581
Neptunia, but you can't move and act in the same turn.
>>
File: C81BfUbVoAEMIC1.jpg orig.jpg (60KB, 486x738px) Image search: [Google]
C81BfUbVoAEMIC1.jpg orig.jpg
60KB, 486x738px
>>384764581
Bromance
>>
>>384764581
Fate Stay night mixed with Final fantasy and a dash of Grandia.
>>
>>384764826
>Nepfags are THIS mad that people regard this as a good game
>>
>>384764951
I don't even like Neptunia, it's just the the only game with a similar battle system I can I can think of.
>>
>>384764581
It's part 6 in a long series so you better start with Sky first.
>>
File: hotiron.jpg (76KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
hotiron.jpg
76KB, 900x900px
>Cold Steel
heh
>>
>>384764581
You're going to like this if you're a completionist
>>
Do I start here, or do I want to do TiTS first?
>>
>>384765107
The battle systems arent the same at all though
>>
>>384765258
I'd go with TiTS.
>>
>>384765261
The main difference being that you can't move and act on the same turn in ToCS.
>>
>>384765441
The main difference is that there is more depth and customization, to the point where you can literally get a setup that one shots bosses in cold steel 2
>>
File: calvard when.png (20KB, 405x646px) Image search: [Google]
calvard when.png
20KB, 405x646px
Calvard when?
>>
>>384765495
That's character customization, not the battle system.
>>
File: 002[2].jpg (24KB, 504x341px) Image search: [Google]
002[2].jpg
24KB, 504x341px
I wish I could find one
>>
It wants to be character-driven, because the plot takes an eternity to even start, but the main cast is flat and predictable and headed by one of my least favorite JRPG protagonists of all time.
It wants to have a cool combat system, and it almost does, but then lets you stunlock enemies with status and turn delaying effects so hard it trivializes them, and basically becomes a poster child for why many JRPGs don't let you use status on bosses. This might've been acceptable if you had to work for or specialize in status effects, but most special moves already have status built into them and the game outright tells you what status each enemy is weak to. It's absurd. I shouldn't be able to stunlock a boss so hard it attacks twice during a whole battle using tools I get automatically.

I went through the whole entire first entry waiting for it to click and be good but it just never did. Maybe the strategy of using the first game for set-up and the latter ones for actual plot would have worked better if the characters gave me more reason to care about what happened to them.
>>
>>384764581
OUR CROSSBELL, GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!
>>
File: Moonlight_Witch.png (252KB, 250x433px) Image search: [Google]
Moonlight_Witch.png
252KB, 250x433px
>>384765258
neither
>>
>>384765495
No, you go eat shit right now. I won't have a Sen baby talking about depth and customization, not on my fucking watch.
>>
>>384767235
Sen still has more depth than Nep though.
>>
>>384764581
Story takes an eternity to start
Characters are basic anime archetypes
MC is your typical good boy with DARK SIDE
Combat is slow and not very attractive
Music and voice acting (jap) is good tho

Ah yeah, fetch side quests are obligatory
>>
>>384764581
A boring persona-like game without persona. I don't know why japs think their generic fantasy settings need a full prologue game before anythings happen.
>>
>>384768864
Falcomfags defend their boring prologue games as "worldbuilding" instead of boring exposition
>>
>>384769032
I think the boring prologue TiTS game is the least boring TiTS game. It's a lonely feeling.
>>
>>384765258
For purely plot-related reasons play TitS first.
>>
>cold steel

really
>>
Fie is cute! Cute!
>>
>>384764581
Neptunia, but with a better protagonist and shitty forced english dub.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.