[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a classic FromSoftware thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: Evergrace_Coverart.png (184KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Evergrace_Coverart.png
184KB, 256x363px
Can we have a classic FromSoftware thread?
>>
File: OtogiTVtropes_4321.jpg (153KB, 349x443px) Image search: [Google]
OtogiTVtropes_4321.jpg
153KB, 349x443px
>>384764238
>Released in North America half a year after its Japanese release, in the middle of 2003, Otogi: Myth of Demons was loved by critics. It won EDGE's 2003 Game Awards as the Graphical Achievement of the Year, and many heaped praise on its musical score. Like many critically acclaimed niche titles, however, it didn't sell very well, and moved around 130,000 copies, 80,000 of those North American. This same pattern was repeated with the release of its sequel in North America almost a year after the Japanese release, with love from critics but a lukewarm reception in the market, a paltry 40,000 North American copies. One man even sent a letter to Electronic Gaming Monthly, curious on how short EGM's review of the game was, and received a response from the editor-in-chief at the time, Dan Hsu: "As good of a game Otogi 2 is, we still have to acknowledge that relatively few people want to read about it."

;_;
>>
File: 250px-Murakumopursuitcover.jpg (39KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Murakumopursuitcover.jpg
39KB, 250x354px
So, mediocre garbage thread?
>>
>>384764238
How bout that soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm17vgmh854

I actually bought this game years ago but still haven't finished it.
>>
>>384764309
you'd think with how good they thought it was, they'd want to give it more space on the page to promote it, not hide it away.
>>
>from used to create everything from lost kingdom to armored core
>now all it does is make endless souls clones
Give it back
>>
>>384764601
Absolutely, bro. The soundtrack really sold me on the atmosphere. Any clue if forever kingdom does as well?
>>
File: Dark-Souls-PS3-Box-Art-JP.jpg (488KB, 1516x1758px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-PS3-Box-Art-JP.jpg
488KB, 1516x1758px
Anyone played this gem? I'm liking it so far, controls are a bit hard to get used to, but I can dig it. Currently getting raped by skeletons in the starting area, guess I need to grind more.
>>
File: 1499624707697.png (284KB, 621x483px) Image search: [Google]
1499624707697.png
284KB, 621x483px
>>384764601
this shit is weird
>>
>>384765648
I can't tell if your fucking serious or not. I can never tell anymore. Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>384765832
Maybe I'm missing something, so any tips would be appreciated. I'm *kinda* familiar with the game through watching Pewdiepie's let's play of it, but otherwise I'm going in blind.
>>
Is King's Field any good bros?
>>
I played Eternal Ring recently. The spell crafting system is pretty neat, I'd like to see From do something like it again in their next RPG.
>>
>>384764601
>not posting the best song in the OST

step it up nigga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGJbuHUbw8k
>>
>>384767467

this that this that this that this that this that this that's a bargain
>>
>>384764854

success was a mistake

though honestly i'm not sure how they even survived for so long before demon's souls
>>
File: kings-field-ii-usa.jpg (94KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
kings-field-ii-usa.jpg
94KB, 600x600px
>>384767231
They are pretty good actually. If you can get past the strange mechanics the games are pretty fun adventure RPG's. I wish some developer out there would make a game like them since From is too busy making Souls games to care.
>>
I found a copy of Kuon in b- condition at a thrift store for 5 dollars. Honestly felt like I won lottery. Game is so good.
>>
>>384767829
The Armored Core games must have sold well enough to keep them afloat. They also probably kept their budget low. Honestly you can tell with most of their games that this is the case.
>>
>>384764238

I bought this on a whim with my friends and we rationalized it was shit. This was back when KB Toys was in business.
>>
File: 1396534132705.jpg (72KB, 520x401px) Image search: [Google]
1396534132705.jpg
72KB, 520x401px
>>384764238
I don't even know if I like this game or hate it.
It's interesting to see the controls that would eventually become demons souls' control scheme but the game has so many weird design decisions.

like how equipment degrades over time rather than through use.
Or how, like Monster Hunter, your stats are tied to your equipment except not really since certain rare specific enemies drop stat increasing consumables.
Or how or how the game hangs for like a second every time you switch between weapons.
Or finishing the game requires you to switch back and forth between two different characters which are handled by two separate save files despite both being mandatory to completing the game.
Or, how about the fact that the games composer admitted he cant even fucking read music.
>>
>>384768656
>Or, how about the fact that the games composer admitted he cant even fucking read music.

That would explain why it sounds so warble-y.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.