[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop sucking/play medic better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 31

How do I stop sucking/play medic better?
>>
>>384763225
Wear a chastity belt
>>
>>384763225
Learn to aim with the crossbow, remember to check your back, go in for ubersaw hits only when its safe enough.

Or you could just heal the guy who has the australiums and two pocket medics on him and watch as you end up spawn camping the other team.
>>
When there's a large group of pals just click and hold all of them to give them overheal or at the very least enough health to survive a headshot or a pill
>>
>>384763225
stop sucking your soldier main bf's dick
>>
File: medic Huschke von Hanstein.jpg (349KB, 785x1179px) Image search: [Google]
medic Huschke von Hanstein.jpg
349KB, 785x1179px
>>384763225
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83lM5QoSM24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Tsn9H-8ME
Practice surfing damage and air strafing, never stop moving, and keep your back to walls when you can. Don't overextend and run away if things get bad, even if it means losing your pocket.
>>
>>384763225
You don't

No matter what you do, people will get angry and blame you for their retarded deaths

fucking faggots
>>
>>384763225
Use Crusader's Crossbow, Quick Fix and Ubersaw.
>>
>>384763225
Only 5% of people are good enough to pocket on pubs. And good players on the enemy team will sac themselves to kill you. Its suffering. That said it can be rewarding. Use mic and dont be afraid to bail on a nigga who's charging into death.
>>
>>384763225
open your fucking eyes and stop dying with 80% charge
>>
File: Meet the Medic.jpg (121KB, 736x587px) Image search: [Google]
Meet the Medic.jpg
121KB, 736x587px
>>384764208
This is good advice
>>
>>384763225
Be really good at switching off from medigun to crossbow. Know when something's a lost cause; your life is more valuable than the faggot with an australium rocket launcher trying to get frag clips. It's more important that you survive than help someone get a few extra kills
>>
Medic is the main reason TF2's balance is so fucked and why stalemates are so common

>don't like playing medic but want to win
>if your team has no medic but the enemy does, you'll lose
>forced to play medic or lose

>for a game to end, one team needs to die entirely, so the other team can capture all the objectives
>medic's main job is to stop people from dying and he is great at that job
>therefore medic actually encourages stalemates forming (ubercharge offsets this a bit but not enough)

So many flaws in class design all because people make the mistake of thinking "A healing class could never be OP!"
>>
>>384767625
pretty stale copy pasta
tf2 was well balanced at launch and uses crit chance to keep game flow fluid
fixed spread no crit servers are 100% stalemates for a reason
>>
File: tf allebomb.webm (3MB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
tf allebomb.webm
3MB, 896x504px
>>384767924
>pretty stale copy pasta
It's 100% original and I have no idea where you got the idea of "copy pasta" from
>tf2 was well balanced at launch and uses crit chance to keep game flow fluid
There's three things wrong with that statement
1: TF2 was not well balanced at launch. In fact, it was actually worse balanced then than it is today. To this day, Medic is still mandatory to win and Pyro and Spy are still shit.
2: TF2 isn't well balanced today either. Even in the situation you describe of random spread and random crits, stalemates still occur all the time in pub symmetrical gamemodes.
3: Crit chance has little to nothing to do with class balance, and the game should not depend on randomness to avert stalemates, though I agree that random crits do help break stalemates
>>
Medic is the easiest class in the game (excluding pyro because he doesn't even count) learn the heal order and learn how to surf, i don't even remember the last time i died from a pub soldier as medic because you gain so much more air from rocket jumping than he gets, you should be able to escape every time.
>>
>>384768818
>easy
>low counterplay
>ridiculously strong
>not very fun to play (wow, running behind someone with a lock-on gun, how scintillating)
What a terrible combination DESU
>>
>>384768981
He asked how to get better at medic, not if it's a balanced class.
>>
>>384768981
wtf I didn't type DESU it changed my text
>>
>>384768271
>>384767625
morello pls go
>>
File: thats not bugs.gif (15KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
thats not bugs.gif
15KB, 750x500px
>>384769201
Yeah I know, just commenting on an imageboard.
>>384769304
nice try faggot, you're not me
>>
>>384763225
>How do I stop sucking/play medic better?

Best advice know when to run to be completely honest if your healing someone you don't trust leave him to save Uber, if running stock or krits keep an eye on what your target is fighting to see if they can kill them if not and they don't back up fuck em your Uber is more important then their life.

I have saved many games thinking like this on targets I don't trust fully,
>>
>playing a dead game
Just buy Overwatchâ„¢
>>
dont reply
>>
>>384770975
ok
>>
>>384768271
>Medic mandatory to win
>Hating on Spy and Pyro
I'm happy these are just opinions.
>>
>>384772050
Go find a competitive game or seriously played pub game in the last nine years where they could choose whatever they want and intentionally didn't pick a Medic. I'll wait.

Nine years straight of choosing one class (because if you don't choose him you'll lose) and you tell me he's not mandatory?
>Hating on Spy and Pyro
I'm not hating on them, they're just underpowered as fuck.
>>
>>384768818
>pyro is easy
>pyro is the worst class in the game
Pick one.
>>
>>384772380
Pyro is easy to shit on bad players with, but against a competent player is the worst class you could possibly pick.
>>
>>384768271
Isn't the ultimate indicator of a well balanced match a stalemate? I.e. both teams have the same skill an power such that the game is perpetually a tie?
>>
>>384773215
Is that why every amateur pubstar calls me a WM1 fag when I kill their whole team with the backburner?
>>
Pyro mains are so fucking retarded in this game lmao. They have a weapon that can kill any class in the game in like 3 seconds but they still insist on using the autistic flare gun combo.
>>
>>384773730
>flare gun is ranged
Gee I fucking wonder which one is more useful against classes that can murder you at close range
>>
File: 1499929188174.jpg (19KB, 320x241px) Image search: [Google]
1499929188174.jpg
19KB, 320x241px
>>384774084
>teehee i hit u for 30 damage
>>
>>384763225
1) Avoid as much damage as possible
2) Heal as much damage as possible
3) Use the right über for the situation, time it well and give it to someone who can use it well
>>
>>384774230
>landing 2 is a crit
>>
>>384774285
At long range? Good luck fuccboi
>>
>>384773483
that could be said about any sport
>>
Can you actually be bad as a medic?
>>
>>384774230
Retard, if you hit 2 its 130 damage plus the damage over time
If you seriously think the axtinguisher is good after the nerf you're stupid
>>
>>384774315
He doesn't need it. TF2 maps are full of chokes and points everyone's piling onto. And snipers who don't move after getting hit the first time.
>>
File: 1496536207590.jpg (9KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1496536207590.jpg
9KB, 210x210px
>>384774376
>Retard, if you hit 2 its 130 damage
>>
File: medic arsenal.jpg (81KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
medic arsenal.jpg
81KB, 500x315px
>>384773483
In a well-designed game, even the most miniscule difference in skill between two teams is enough to avert a stalemate.

There is no such thing as a perfectly balanced match, but it's true you can come close. However, the game being designed well reduces the likelihood of a stalemate occurring relative to the increase in similarity of the two teams.

Let's say team A and team B are very well matched in skill. However, team B makes a mistake-- let's say one of their Soldiers takes 200 damage from 2 direct pills.

Now, in the absence of Medic, this Soldier would normally die and be seriously punished for his mistake, and Team A could use that ensuing 5v6 as the advantage they need to beat Team B in a straight fight.

But with the existence of the Medic, the Soldier is overhealed to 300HP, can survive despite his mistake, after a few seconds of healing will have full HP again, and thus the fight will never occur, because the evenly matched teams have no advantage or disadvantage to capitalize upon.

Medic, in this regard, removes a punishment for being a bad player, and thus makes stalemates more likely to occur. The sole saving graces of Medic being a solely stalemating effect on the game are Uber and the massive advantage it gives one team if he dies.
>>384774285
Not him but in the time it takes you to land 2 Flare Gun shots consecutively you could have done way more damage with any other combat class.
Flare Gun and Shotgun are balanced equal to each other
>>384773730
Flare gun combos do a miniscule amount more damage than Flamethrower outputs.
>>
>>384774472
Actually it's 120, at range. It's still better than pulling the axe
>>
>>384774507
yes indeed your damage output is far superior at close range, but when you are facing the enemy horde you're flare gun should always be optimized.
>>
>>384774596
>>384774705
>>384774412
>>384774285
It's silly to have an argument about Flare Gun fellas.
>>
>>384763225
Only heal player that are willing to protect you
>>
>>384774769
It's better than "post your loadouts"
>>
How do we fix unlockable melees having utilities that outperform stock melees?
I propose giving all of them a passive downside, like the Candy Cane or the Sandman. Reduced damage dealt or less swing speed while giving you utilities aren't going to matter much.
>>
>>384774784
>gimping your own Uber building rate in the process
You do realize that healing overhealed players reduces your Uber build speed, right? There's no good reason to be stingy with your heals.
>>
>>384774084
>>384774230
>>384774285
>>384774507
I meant the flamethrower, not the axtingiusher you fucking morons
>>
>>384775043
>I propose giving all of them a passive downside
I agree with this. Either a small passive downside or a seriously fucking legit active downside.

Eyelander is a good example of a passive downside (-25HP).

You'd want to look at:
>Sandman
Even though it has a passive downside it's not enough to actually balance Sandman. It's used more than stock in pubs and banned in comp. Either increase the HP penalty or reduce the duration of the stun.
>Escape Plan and Disciplinary Action
Basically upgrades that act as a buff to Soldier, who is already very strong. They need passive penalties like you said.
>Powerjack and Third Degree
see above
>GRU and KGB
I think KGB should at very least have "no random crits", and GRU should have a passive HP penalty rather than minicrits.
>Ubersaw and Solemn Vow
Ubersaw could have a "+20% damage vulnerability while active" penalty like Bushwacka does. Solemn Vow could have an equip speed penalty.

Demo, Sniper, Spy and Engie are pretty well balanced in the melee department.
>>
>>384775232
Yes, flare combos with degreaser do a miniscule amount more damage than flamethrower does, you fucking moron.
Is this bait? Don't bait.
>>
File: yore ugleh.webm (336KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
yore ugleh.webm
336KB, 500x640px
Hey /v/,
yore
ugleh
>>
>>384775294
>reduce the duration of the stun.
To what? Nothing? It's already been nerfed out of usefulness.

>Implying pyro is "already very strong"
>>
>>384775492
>To what? Nothing? It's already been nerfed out of usefulness.
You're joking right? Sandman is banned in comp, is Scout's most used melee in pubs, and the stun duration ranges from 1 seconds to a ridiculous 7 seconds long.

There's plenty of room to reduce that and I would reduce it to a range of 1-4 seconds.
>>Implying pyro is "already very strong"
True, I made a mistake there. Powerjack and Third Degree are fine in their current state because Pyro is a shit class. But IF Pyro was buffed and reworked to be not shit, then Powerjack and Third Degree should be nerfed.
>>
File: 1337886238274.png (170KB, 594x593px) Image search: [Google]
1337886238274.png
170KB, 594x593px
>tfw Engineer, Pyro and Medic are my least played classes
am I cancer?
>>
>>384775294
Would an increased self damage taken work for Escape Plan? Then Soldiers can't run around rocket jumping and retreating
Increased self damage is also a stat that's never seen in a Soldier's arsenal before
Third Degree would actually be fine with a damage/swing speed penalty, since the idea of the weapon is to be used for offense and not utility
>>
>>384763225
Keep yourself alive while healing the the entire team. Dont go with players who think they can kill an entire tram just because they have a pocket medic.

Learn to pick your medigun according to your team situation and learn to aim with the crossbow and serynge guns.

Thats pretty much it.
>>
Healing is faster than overhealing.
Healing is faster in general on players who haven't gotten hit in a while.
>>
File: Croft'sCrest.png (44KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Croft'sCrest.png
44KB, 512x512px
Underrated cosmetic.
>>
>>384775960
Pretty sure that only applies to the Vaccinator. Healing's the same whether overhealing or not.
>>
>>384776123
No, if you haven't been damage for a set amount of time, you get healed faster than someone who just got shot.
>>
>>384776147
I meant the "healing is faster than overhealing" part.
>>
>>384776147
He's talking about the first point.
>>
File: 1480022615232.png (74KB, 662x635px) Image search: [Google]
1480022615232.png
74KB, 662x635px
>>384776186
>>384776192
Nevermind then. My bad.
>>
>>384775751
To get a good duration you have to be so far away by the time you've run up to them they're out of it. Stock is used more frequently if you include reskins.
>>
>>384776260
>To get a good duration you have to be so far away by the time you've run up to them they're out of it
>The fastest class in the game having a hard time catching up with a target
As someone who used the Sandman when I was a shitter, I can tell you that is a lie. Outside of extremely close stuns, which are affected more by the time to weapon switch back to your Scattergun, you will always reach your target to get at least one clean meatshot unless there are enemies in the way.
>>
>>384775913
>self damage penalty
Mite Be Gud.jpg
>Third Degree would actually be fine with a damage/swing speed penalty
Please no anon, pretty much every Pyro melee has some kind of damage penalty if you look. SVF has a damage penalty, Axtinguisher has a damage penalty, Homewrecker has a damage penalty, Neon Annihilator has a damage penalty. I'd prefer to do something unique for Third Degree.
>>384776260
>by the time you've run up to them they're out of it
Not true. Besides you don't have to run all the way up to them. You can Pistol them down or one of your closer allies can fuck them up for you.
>if you include reskins
Okay fair point. Still though, claiming it is "nerfed out of usefulness" is absolutely ridiculous. Stock is used more than Sandman by literally only 1%, and that's a default weapon too. If we look at owner equip rates, the most % of owners equipped weapons are Festive Bat and then Sandman.
>>
>>384775820
no matter what you main someone will call you cancer
>>
>>384774507
>In a well-designed game, even the most miniscule difference in skill between two teams is enough to avert a stalemate.

nice opinion, but there is more to it than that.
rote knowledge of good positioning and angles mixed with pushback can trump skill i.e. tell a f2p when in a hold to stand in spot x and spam spot y with no understanding of the game can stave off a push with the only skill needed being able to click a mouse.

>Let's say team A and team B are very well matched in skill. However, team B makes a mistake-- let's say one of their Soldiers takes 200 damage from 2 direct pills.

lets say he takes 3 pipes
lets say he takes a fully charged headshot
lets say he gets juggled from a pipe and takes 300+ total damage from other teamates
lets say he and his medic get back stabbed by a spy play
lets say he coordinates a push and his medic takes 2 pipes before he pops
lets say your hypothetical proves nothing because punishing mistakes is still possible with or without a medic. medic/uber is just one tool of staving off a push or sustaining a hold but far from the only factor, and not a bad one either.

Stalemates aren't bad and in comp tf2 learning to hold and to break stalemates is all part of one of the many interesting strategies to learn and employ just like running down the clock in a fighting game with a life lead. only bad players will consider this bad
>>
>>384763339
Heal slut is the dumbest meme
>>
>>384776260
By the way, if you don't believe me, here's some math:

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Scout#Speed
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Stun#Measurements

>Scout. under normal conditions, travels at 400 Hammer Units per second
>The Sandman ball stuns for Seconds = Hammer Units Traveled / 256, integer division. In other words, 256 HU or more will stun for 1 second, 512 HU or more will stun for 2, and so on
>400 HU / 256 HU = 1.56.
This means the Scout can travel 1.56 times the distance that he hit you with the ball. If that's not always catching up to your opponent, I don't know what is.
>>
>>384776901
>lets say he takes 3 pipes
And if he could survive three pipes then the game would be EVEN MORE stalemate prone. I'm not saying Medic makes the game 100% unwinnable, just that he reduces the amount of punishment you take for your mistakes that you deserve and which helps keep the game moving.
>because punishing mistakes is still possible with or without a medic
I didn't say Medic makes punishing mistakes impossible. It just makes it less likely.
His entire existence as a healer is to make mistakes as if they never occurred, if you think about it. Just like IRL doctors make people's mistakes go away.

>Stalemates aren't bad
The strictest definition of stalemates (the game ending with no winner) IS inarguably bad. And periods of waiting where nothing is going on, which are sometimes called stalemates, are also bad-- you didn't come to TF2 to not play TF2.

I think you're confusing "solid defensive holds" with "stalemates". Solid defensive holds are good, but only good when the attackers are actively trying to break them. If they result in nobody doing anything and the game going into "wait for Uber" downtime, then that's bad.
>>
I know the medic should be using his medibeam 90% of the time but god damn I want some more medic weapons.
I think it'd be cool if the medic could use the righteous bison
>>
>>384775341
Fuck off autistic pyro main kid
>>
OFFICIAL main class cancer rating from least cancer to most.
1. Engineer
2. Scout
3. Demoman
4. Medic
5. Soldier
6. Heavy
7. Spy
8. Sniper
9. DOGSHIT PYRO
>>
>>384777152

you just dismembered your own argument then, because i've never seen a comp tf2 game end without a winner so in the strictest definition of the word there are no stalemates in tf2.

The way tf2 players use the term however you have called a solid defense.

uber only takes 40 seconds to build and less if you arrow build meaning the longest "wait for uber period" is <40 seconds which from what i've experienced and seen rarely lacks skirmishing (fighting) and if it does usually its waiting for dead players to spawn on both sides stuck in a tight spot.

>I'm not saying Medic makes the game 100% unwinnable, just that he reduces the amount of punishment you take for your mistakes that you deserve and which helps keep the game moving.

well everyone could have 1hp and die from a single blind rocket fired at a choke at mid
or everyone could have 1000hp and no medic.

its a design decision that I think only adds depth to the game, learning how to pressure with buffs, medic movement and positioning, who the medic should play with and when, uber timing/counting/coordination.

it doesn't detract from the depth or style at all imo
>>
File: mannkenstein brain jar.jpg (67KB, 620x827px) Image search: [Google]
mannkenstein brain jar.jpg
67KB, 620x827px
>>384777232
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDwJArADO9o
>Mannkenstein's Monster
>a brain in a jar, a lightning rod and a sack
>replaces Syringe Gun
>fill your "giblets" meter on the battlefield by walking over enemy corpses
>When your giblets meter is full, activate by swapping to brain in a jar to construct the MONSTER
>the MONSTER has HP based on your Uber %, moves at 100% speed, and attacks with a melee that does 100 damage per hit. It will chase down enemies and attack them. You can direct it to a location with the lightning rod, or it will work under its own AI
>the Monster can be healed, overhealed and Ubercharged if necessary.
>>
Bail on anyone who over extends.
Bail on anyone who is too shit to kill what needs to be killed.
Bail if you call Spy and they don't turn to kill it when they're not busy fighting a bigger threat.

Just know when to bail on people. Your life is the only one with any value.
>>
>>384777803
> because i've never seen a comp tf2 game end without a winner
You're not watching much comp then. Although entire games very rarely result in a stalemate because they make sure to play it over individual rounds so that doesn't happen and to go to a golden cap round to try and break the stalemate, it is by no means unheard of for individual rounds to end in a stalemate.
The last two LAN finals I watched ended in golden cap rounds. That's how stalemate-prone it is: Golden Cap is necessary to prevent the game having no winner at all.
>the longest "wait for uber period" is <40 seconds
It can be longer than that if the Medics aren't working optimally, and even when you do have Uber, teams will be extremely hesitant to push until they have some kind of advantage from damage that justifies them being the aggressor in a fight.

And what does Medic do as his primary job? You guessed it: He eliminates advantages from damage.
>well everyone could have 1hp and die from a single blind rocket fired at a choke at mid. or everyone could have 1000hp and no medic.
I agree that there's a sliding scale involved. But I think TF2 is too far towards the 1000HP side of the scale.

I'm not saying TF2 should be "everyone has 1HP and every mistake kills you", but it's too forgiving in its current state thanks to Medic's ability to completely fix even the biggest fuckups in mere seconds with no effort.
>>
>>384778040
thats retarded
>>
>>384778231
>Bail if you call Spy and they don't turn to kill it when they're not busy fighting a bigger threat
So about 95% of TF2's population. Seriously, the amount of times I've called Spy and had no one turn around is ridiculous

>Teammates start charging ahead
>I'm healing them
>Turn around, catch a Spy in the middle of a decloak
>"(Voice): Spy!"
>Everyone just keeps walking forward
>Spy gets retarded and starts butterknifing me
>"(Voice): Spy!"
>Everyone has already left
>Pull out my Ubersaw and kill him
>Turn around
>Everyone already died because they pushed without a Medic
>>
>>384778390
why? It's fun and fits Medic's theme perfectly
>>
File: 1450468879893.png (357KB, 397x402px) Image search: [Google]
1450468879893.png
357KB, 397x402px
>>384777586
>Engineer
>least cancer
>>
>>384778040
What the fuck
>>
>>384778370

>Golden Cap

ah you're a euro

but still a golden cap prevents the strictest definition of a stalemate.

if your medic isn't optimally building during a lull then your medic should be cut or there is fighting going on.

a list of max efficiency kill times of a fully buffed soldier with 0 teamwork

1.975 seconds scout
instant -1.8 seconds demo
2.4 seconds soldier
instant sniper
instant spy

and i should point out in teamplay usually damage on a single target doesn't come from just one source until the team fight is at a close or its a flank fight.

i'd say the scale is on point actually.
>>
>>384779027
Not euro, Ozfort.
>a list of max efficiency kill times of a fully buffed soldier with 0 teamwork
max efficiency doesn't get reached because players dodge.

Also "fully buffed soldier with 0 teamwork" is an oxymoron. You have to use at least a little teamwork to buff a Soldier.

surely you can see that many, many people in the competitive TF2 scene raise issues with the long waiting periods that crop up in the game.

You might say the scale is on point but pretty much everyone else who plays disagrees with you, and blames it on one reason or another. I blame Medic (as part of the problem, not the whole).

If the scale was on point there wouldn't be so many stalemates requiring golden cap. I think the other 8 classes' scale is on point, but that Medic skews it too far to the forgiving side of the equation.
>>
>>384780459

ozfort eh? didn't know they golden capped as well, tell jasmine tea to stay together everyone is rooting for them to be at the next ESA/insom lans

0 teamwork as in no one aside from 1 player is dealing damage. figured you would understand, oh well

max efficiency is reached, and often. more often in multiple people shooting 1 target than 1v1 so its even faster

many comp tf2 people have no issue with "waiting periods" as well. because generally they aren't waiting periods so much as back and forths that usually span the entire map.

>everyone else who plays disagrees with you
that is a lie

If the scale was on point =/= there wouldn't be so many ((stalemates)) requiring golden cap

i should also point out that i have never seen a 0 - 0 round game go into golden cap

also the golden cap is more frequently a thing in euro rules because the rule set only allows a single 30minute game begging parking the bus strats etc... NA ruleset is best ruleset two 30 minute halves tie breakers basically never occur and the back and forth of long rounds is basically more tf2 to enjoy
>>
>>384778431
doesn't fit his theme at all. his 'theme' is overhealing other players, not retarded ai bosses you get to summon just buy vaguely walking over corpses. making ai allies and collecting crap everyone drops is what engineer already does. this is giving the medic a super moving commandable ai ally he build uber on for essentially free since it takes up the slot he uses least unless you use the crusaders brokenbow.
its one of t he most retarded ideas ive ever heard for tf2. its impressive how fucking stupid it is.
it'd also be incredibly unfun for everyone else to both play with a med that spends all game humping corpses instead of hiding behind allies and fighting expendable overhealed 100 damage melee bot
>>
It's a bit more difficult of a medigun to adjust to, but imo the vaccinator is one of the most fun and rewarding ways to play medic.
>>
>>384778425
>So about 95% of TF2's population
Yea. Most people are shit at the game. Its why if you heal the one good guy in your team he's just gonna win v the one good guy on their team who has no med and the game ends almost immeditately.
>>
File: tf espionage class logos tf2c.jpg (72KB, 446x253px) Image search: [Google]
tf espionage class logos tf2c.jpg
72KB, 446x253px
>>384781449
>didn't know they golden capped as well
Nah was just talking about LAN
>tell jasmine tea to stay together everyone is rooting for them to be at the next ESA/insom lans
Will do
>max efficiency is reached, and often
No, you are totally wrong. Max efficiency is rarely reached. Even the best players of all time like kaidus, b4nny and quad miss many shots on the regular.
>If the scale was on point =/= there wouldn't be so many ((stalemates)) requiring golden cap
Ive already explained this

Mistakes lead to an advantage for one team which can be pushed off

Medic eliminates mistakes and thus advantages
>>
>>384778446
You may disagree with the effect engie has on the game, but hsi mains are all pretty cool people. Except for that pompadour guy who builds teleporters facing a cliff.
>>
>>384766779

>enemy team has 5-6 disposable one use spies who will backstab you at any cost, will to live be damned
>your entire team will fail to spycheck these idiots and let them stab you
>spy that stabbed you is instantly destroyed by sentry/your entire team

This gets even better if you're on defense and have to wait half a minute to saw while that dumbfuck spy spawns right after dying like the f2p he is
>>
>>384782618
I like those class logos. What do each mean?
Also,
>sperm cell on the bottom
>>
>>384782073
>his 'theme' is overhealing other players
You are retarded. I guess Vaccinator and Quick-Fix stopped being Medic weapons entirely due to reduced or removed overheal? What a dumb fucking line of reasoning.

A theme is what the class is stylistically about based on their appearance, archetype and lore, not what they actually do, dumbass. If we only added weapons based on what classes ALREADY DO then there would be no original unlocks.
That's not what a theme is you fucking moron
>making ai allies and collecting crap everyone drops is what engineer already does
you could say the same about some of the best weapon unlocks in TF2: "flare gun/detonator? firing long range projectiles and rocket jumping is what soldier already does." "Ambassador? sniping is what sniper already does."
Besides, Engineer makes stationary ranged buildings. He does not make monsters that attack at melee range. This concept is entirely unique in TF2.
>for essentially free since it takes up the slot he uses least unless you use the crusaders brokenbow.
Everyone DOES, you illiterate dumbass. It's like the second most used unlock per slot in TF2.
>its one of t he most retarded ideas ive ever heard for tf2. its impressive how fucking stupid it is.
He says while providing literally zero valid criticism and talking in broken English.
>unfun to play against
Not an argument, if we listened to people who bitch about "unfun to play against" there would be no guns left in TF2 and everything would do 0 damage. "unfun to play against" is not relevant, only balance and counterplay is relevant, and this concept definitely has counterplay.

you bitter desiccated asshole kys
>>
>>384782618

most of this seems to be boiling down to opinion

however as far as max efficiency

http://ozfortress.com/showthread.php?t=29711
http://www.teamfortress.tv/2752/best-older-frag-vids
https://www.youtube.com/user/DanishActionHero/videos

click through a few of those and you might fight some instances
>>
It's fucking Saturday night and I can't find a match
If I alt-tab when looking for servers I get ctd when actually joining it
Fuck this tarded system
>>
>>384782876
>I like those class logos. What do each mean?
It's an upcoming custom game mode called "Espionage" for the player-created total conversion mod of TF2, called Team Fortress 2 Classic, which tries to bring TF2 back to its roots as advertised in 2007.

The beaker is the Scientist, the badge is the Security Guard, the key is the Janitor, the paperclip is the Office Worker, and the sperm is the Agent.

Basically think Trouble in Terrorist Town, but remade inside TF2C. It's not done yet however.
http://tf2classic.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPdIf1JbvDk

Pretty cool mod, but currently underpopulated, most people only play Deathmatch at the moment, while waiting for the Espionage update to drop.
>>
File: tf2 nursey saw.webm (2MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
tf2 nursey saw.webm
2MB, 720x406px
>>384783050
I'm already subbed to DanishActionHero and have seen the vast majority of videos on that channel, people miss shots in those videos all the time and let's not forget that these are montages of the very best, too, so it's already a selection bias

but yeah I don't want to go "nuh uh" with you forever since you seem like a cool guy, so agree to disagree
>>
>>384783313
O boy these look pretty bad
>>
>>384783139
how many maps selected
>>
>>384783457

Yeah, always good to run into others willing to have back and forths about tf2 that doesn't involve "That game we shall not name".

hope the ozfort grind finds you beating ass
>>
>>384769883

>pretty much singlehandedly hold the front against BLU last point of snake water as stock heavy
>got a decent medic keeping me clinging to life
>this medic decides to run past the frontline that is me to chase down the stragglers escaping my minigun of death
>not surprised when I hear his death cry down the road after the stragglers gang up and gangbang his ass

Medics, when will they learn
>>
>>384783313
>Bring TF2 back to its roots
>Basically think Trouble in Terrorist Town

bring TF2 back to its roots by making it roleplaying shit only little boys care about
>>
File: tf sniper rampage.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
tf sniper rampage.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>384783898
thanks man
>>
>>384783973
calm down anon espionage is just a side thing and isn't even released
the main game is stock release maps, 4-team modes and Escort mode from Team Fortress Classic, and deathmatch arena shooter combat
>>
>>384783776
All of them escept CTF, Alt Gamemodes, Passtime and Mannpower
>>
>>384764208

>heal slut
>speaks like a faggot
>>
>>384784020
>That Demo headshot at the end
I can only imagine how angry he must have felt.
>>
>>384784020
>13 headshots in a row without missing once

really why post webms of cheating
>>
>>384784768
>Without missing
Did you even watch the video?
>>
>>384784768
pretty sure it wasn't cheating, that guy has been to LANs and performed at the same level, and wasn't VACed when all the banwaves happened.
in that webm they were just facing a team much weaker than them and he was talking shit the entire time
>>
>>384785094
>wasn't VACed when all the banwaves happened

people have bespoke cheats and don't get VACed
>>
>>384784020
God I hate snipers
>>
File: tf quad.webm (3MB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
tf quad.webm
3MB, 896x504px
>>384785281
true, but it's still a point in his favour and the LAN seals the deal
pine's legit
>>
>>384785506
I'm so bad at aiming, I'm always spraying and just all over the place but this guy is so smooth.

How does he do it?
>>
>>384785614
Quad is nonhuman

on a more serious note, your sensitivity is probably set a bit too high for precise aim

also what I do is steady my mouse on the edges with my fingers and brace it against the mousepad to get a nice steady aim
>>
>>384785506
>the LAN seals the deal

professional players with salaries have been caught cheating at major events.

I have been playing FPS games since 1994 competitively doom on Dwango and have played at professional level in quake3 and CS and I am telling you that the sniper you posted the webm of is cheating. You can believe it or not.
>>
>>384773557
Yes.

It's a great feeling.
>>
File: Team Fortress Original.jpg (37KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Team Fortress Original.jpg
37KB, 512x384px
>>384785821
>You can believe it or not.
I choose no, because it sounds like you're overreacting to a player simply shitting on players who are worse than him, anon, despite your experience.

HL admins would have been over that webm frame by frame thousands of times to root out a cheater, I've seen it in action.

Some players, believe it or not, are just really good, and when they face shit teams who can't hold down a Sniper they become even better

I'm not even a good Sniper and I've achieved similar sprees against F2Ps. Pine's skill level relative to that team is similar to my skill level relative to F2Ps.
>select the hats
>>
File: 1500013588669.jpg (61KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1500013588669.jpg
61KB, 260x273px
>>384763225
Coming back to this game after a few years im amazed it still has about 50k players regularly.
Will it die anytime within the coming years? Is it possible for this game to die even?
>>
>>384786075
>because it sounds like you're overreacting to a player simply shitting on players who are worse than him

It's bizarre how you think my evaluation that he is cheating has anything to do whatsoever with anything the other players are doing

didn't read rest of post
>>
>>384783028
his theme is overhealing players, not moving constructs he summons
your idea is retarded. accept it or not. its a simple fact. you can get mad no one likes your idea of summoning ai allies to heal at no risk all you want its still the most retarded idea ive ever heard for tf2.
you totally ignored the lack of any risk building uber on the thing and how you give up a slot you arent using most of the time anyways to summon an expendable tool. but sure call my argument not valid while ignoring half of it. im closing tab now, don't bother responding if your gonna be so retarded
>>
>>384786224
How many are playing and how many are trading though
>>
File: tf custom maps.jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tf custom maps.jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
>>384786224
>Will it die anytime within the coming years?
Probably not. I mean it's free, it's got a high skill ceiling, it's got an enormous amount of custom and community-made content that would take a man years to get through, there's something for everyone, and it's really well designed with a great cast of characters

The only thing that's going to kill TF2 is a REALLY bad update or a game coming out that does what TF2 does better, which no game has done, no, not even Overwatch.

TF2 is one of the best all-around video games that has ever been created
>>
>>384786251
>It's bizarre how you think my evaluation that he is cheating has anything to do whatsoever with anything the other players are doing
zero reading comprehension on your end
0/10 see me after class
>>
>>384786251
bruh, like every one of those shots he moves his cursor first and then the target walks into it.

what do you think hes doing, wallhacking?
>>
>>384786391
Do as many people still care about trading though? Looking at the prices the TF2 economy looks like it went to complete shit. Like shit keys are 30 ref when they used to be 2.33, buds 2 keys, bills 1.5, etc. I just assumed a lot of people lost interest in it.
>>
File: bait-related filen(...).png (319KB, 520x377px) Image search: [Google]
bait-related filen(...).png
319KB, 520x377px
>>384786330
>his theme is overhealing players, not moving constructs he summons
I'm telling you this for the last time, you dumb fuck, a class's "theme" is based on archetype and visuals, not their fucking game mechanics.
>your idea is retarded. accept it or not. its a simple fact.
Correction: It's an OPINION and your OPINION is shit
>you totally ignored the lack of any risk building uber on the thing
Apart from giving up your extremely useful primary in the Crusader's Crossbow?
> you arent using most of the time anyways
Newfag nigger who doesn't know about the Crusader's Crossbow detected
>im closing tab now, don't bother responding if your gonna be so retarded
B T F O
"your retarded"
Was he baiting this whole time? Just sad
>>
File: we fight like men.png (166KB, 388x252px) Image search: [Google]
we fight like men.png
166KB, 388x252px
>>384775085
>tfw heal literally fucking everyone
>constantly swapping heals to the most damaged people, don't fuck around with xbow if they're next to me
>enemy team literally asks in chat how I can build kritz so fast over and over
>mvq
>>
>>384786691
This happened because keys have a set price while metal is constantly generated. And buds crashed because the scene just turned into hoarders trying to scam each other.
>>
>>384786691
>ref

nobody is talking about fucking indian peasants when they say trading

fucking "ref" lol
>>
>>384786423

I have a feeling that if Overwatch was free to play, it would've ended TF2.

Nothing about the game changes other than the fact that it becomes free.
>>
File: auscamotf2.png (992KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
auscamotf2.png
992KB, 2048x2048px
>>384786391
like 1% of the TF2 community even cares about trading anon
Even in "trade" servers most people are still just killing each other
It's not 2013 any more
>>
>>384786869
>I have a feeling that if Overwatch was free to play, it would've ended TF2.

I don't. Overwatch isn't engaging or fun to play, TF2 is
>>
>>384786869
even if OW were free, it wouldn't have killed TF2, because TF2 is simply too good of a game that can be heavily customized to what you most enjoy, whereas OW is a sterile and shallow experience

see pic for an example of the impact OW had on TF2's playerbase
>>
>>384786869
No it wouldn't have. Modding support is also a big part of TF2. Quality characters helps too. Overwatch goes for the quantity over quality approach.
>>
File: tee eff thoo.jpg (892KB, 1512x3720px) Image search: [Google]
tee eff thoo.jpg
892KB, 1512x3720px
night anons
most of these ideas are shit probably idk
it was a while ago
>>
>>384774507
>But with the existence of the Medic, the Soldier is overhealed to 300HP, can survive despite his mistake, after a few seconds of healing will have full HP again, and thus the fight will never occur, because the evenly matched teams have no advantage or disadvantage to capitalize upon.
And with the existence of a medic there is one less guy with an active gun, so the demo who can actually aim his pipes has a field day
>>
File: 1479802824183.png (90KB, 256x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479802824183.png
90KB, 256x225px
>>384775483
>>
>>384787559
>And with the existence of a medic there is one less guy with an active gun
yeah, this is a bad thing anon

>for the game to end, the better team needs to capture all the objectives
>to capture all the objectives, the better team needs to kill all the worse team so they can't block capture
>to kill all the worse team, the better team needs to deal damage over time, whittling the worse team down until they are forced to retreat or die
>medic's job is to reverse that whittling process

damage causes the game to progress and move forward. Not only does medic not have an active gun to cause damage, but he actually REVERSES damage, and in this way he encourages stalemates and seriously slows down the process of a better team beating a worse team

as an extreme example, imagine a 6 Medic vs. 6 Medic fight. Do you think it would end quickly?
now i have to sleep so goodnight I'll leave you that to think over
>>
>>384787476
Can we have new weapons, please? Please?
>>
>>384787872
>encourages stalemates

medic exists to break stalemates which is why ubercharge should be the only ubercharge.
>>
>>384763225
Go to advanced options and turn on:
Medi Gun continues healing without holding down fire button.
>>
>>384788194
>not liking kritz
>>
File: 1479670096845.jpg (170KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
1479670096845.jpg
170KB, 625x469px
>>384774507
>>384787872
I just love how everyone in your mental gymnastics is unable to shoot the medic instead, just go sniper or spy, flank as a scout, lay one nasty sticky trap or in general just do more dmg then one medic can heal away
>>
>>384787476
Custodian removing sapper is an interesting idea
Ultimatum is interesting but too similar to RL
Ol' Sparky has a good concept
Kleinen Stitch has a good idea but not enough/wrong downside for it to be a sidegrade
Darling Cobra also has a good concept
The rest are shit
>>
Ask Gaben
http://coub.com/view/w55rc
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.