[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do /v/ miss going to arcade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 534a28c1c7f5badc41950c0c76fe1a54.jpg (295KB, 850x1110px) Image search: [Google]
534a28c1c7f5badc41950c0c76fe1a54.jpg
295KB, 850x1110px
Do /v/ miss going to arcade?
>>
Not really. I understand for a lot of people, it was about the community. But I hated having to pay for every game played, and how many games were just quarter-munchers made to be extremely hard to force you to pay more. I much prefer to just buy a game so I can play it whenever and however long I want.

Though I was a kid when arcades were still commonplace, so naturally I didn't have much money to use at arcades. I can understand if you were an adult then and enjoyed the community that was present at arcades (especially surrounding fighting games), to which I'd imagine it's something to be missed. It's sad there isn't much in the way of community enjoyment of games anymore, since now everyone is solitary with their PC/console.
>>
>go to arcade
>too shit at vidya and mom gave me maybe like $5 at best
>don't know how to reload in virtual cop
>blow all my money in like 5 minutes
i ended up only playing wack a mole type games because the controls were more intuitive, my parents never let me have much money to play games with and i was too shit to figure out controls before wasting all my money, not to mention all the try hard adults were crowding the fighting game cabinets and it looked too intimidating to use one of the cabinets next to them. One of the older kids said "let me teach you how to play" and kicked me off a cabinet for like metal slug or something even though i paid for it
>>
File: MK3.jpg (55KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
MK3.jpg
55KB, 450x600px
>>384762027
Whenever I'd visit the large city malls, I'd check out their arcades. There was always Asian males playing Dance Dance Revolution, and kids playing Marvel vs Capcom and Ultimate Mortal Kombat.
>>
>>384762027
bumpity bump
>>
would be nice but my arcade was infested by puerto ricans hustling lil kids.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.