[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one game with shittier weapons line-up, I dare you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 2eunxnt.png (336KB, 1013x581px) Image search: [Google]
2eunxnt.png
336KB, 1013x581px
Name one game with shittier weapons line-up, I dare you
>>
>>384760931
Half-Life 1
>>
>>384760931
Prey (2017)
>>
>>384760931
That Python was one of the most satisfying things to use in any video game I ever played
>>
Resistance: Fall of Man
My only playthrough became a pacifist run sprinting between objectives pressing buttons to open doors not bothering to fight anything because every gun is weak as shit and common enemies have 20 lifebars on top of 4 layers of regenerating shields or whatever the fuck. How did that piece of shit get sequels?
>>
Any modern military game where the weapon selection is clearly full of padding
>>
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34KB, 238x293px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34KB, 238x293px
>>384760931
>>
>>384760931
What's wrong with those weapons?

Pistol is good for trash and headcrabs. SMG is good at close quarters and has a great grenade launcher, shotgun is good for close range and tougher enemies, combine assault rifle is just outright good and powerful with a cool secondary, crossbow is a one hit kill that requires some leading (aka skill) to use, grenades at fun, the revolver is super fucking powerful and good, the crowbar swings fast and breaks shit like it should, the antlion prey summons and direct antlons, and the gravity gun is fucking incredible and always has been.

I fail to see a problem.
>>
>>384764450
It has to do with the weapon variety being reduced from HL1
>>
>>384760931
gravity gun and antlion prey are god tier

i still don't how the fuck can they make a game this good.
i replayed it a few days ago and could not believe it. They should keep on making single player games
>>
>>384763509
The weapons were actually fun to use, especially with th right mods.

They just happened to be terribly JUSTed visually compared to the other games (looking at you shotgun, AR, combat rifle, plasma rifle)
>>
>>384764845
Most people who worked on hl1 and 2 don't work at valve anymore.
>>
Half Life 1 and or opposing force had more entertaining weapons
>>
>>384760931
Bulletstorm. I don't know how they even managed to do it.
>>
>>384760931
Yeah this always triggered me especially after playing 1. I do think in Episode 2 the gravity gun was mastered in a way where it made up for the lack of other weapons. Such as being able to kill Stalkers if you time it right with the flechettes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQoxyF6hs18
>>
>>384760931
Name one thing shitty about that weapon line-up, I dare you
>>
>>384761485
I didn't finish the game because the weapons sucked so much.
>>
File: Oni_Coverart.jpg (28KB, 284x350px) Image search: [Google]
Oni_Coverart.jpg
28KB, 284x350px
>>384760931
>cover has MC wielding a bunch of weapons
>apart from the pistol and one shitty SMG, all ingame weapons are weird futuristic gimmick weapons
>>
the only bad weapon was that SMG, its sounds were so unsatisfying comparred to hl1
>>
>>384770162
>Mercury bow
>Shit
Nigga that thing could take out most TCTF forces in one hit, two if they were a heavy-type.
>>
>>384761485
Holy shit, it's really just a shotgun and a pistol
>>
Quake 2.
>>
>>384770274
I was complaining more about the general "gimmicky future weapon" theme rather than their effectiveness. The Mercury Bow is pretty cool, you're right. But the rest of the guns all feel like toy guns rather than weapons used by a totalitarian police task or an international cyberpunk terror network.

Also seriously, fuck the Screaming Cannon in particular and any level where you have to deal with listening to that sound.
>>
>>384763509
4's weapon lineup is what turns me off from buying it. I just can't believe how dogshit they look and how there is such a minimal lineup of weapons compared to VANILLA new vegas.
>>
>>384770780
Fair point, and I agree that the scram cannon was shit.
>Fire weapon
>Wait 5 minutes for it to reach its target
>It somehow doesn't connect
>>
>>384761485
Well it's not like it needed any more.
>>
>>384763509
>WEAPON CRAFTING GUYS YOU CAN MAKE INFINITE WEAPONS JUST LIKE INFINITE QUESTS IN SKYRIM

I feel like this is what todd was going for with fallout 4
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.