[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy VII Remake Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1485863005042.jpg (2MB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485863005042.jpg
2MB, 1924x1080px
>>
>>384757751
Launching worldwide 3019.
>>
Waiting for based Cid
>>
>>384757751
PS5 launch title
>>
Gonna be shit due to episodic format, and won't be out in its entirety until like 2026.
>>
File: SbTirrU.jpg (195KB, 1761x1834px) Image search: [Google]
SbTirrU.jpg
195KB, 1761x1834px
>>384758940
Waiting for Tifa
>>
>>384760925
We're still not sure exactly how the episode format is going to work. One episode could be like 40 hours or some shit.
>>
>>384762417
It's pretty much confirmed to be the same basic structure as the XIII trilogy i.e. three "full-size" games that are independent of each other. Which is dumb shit because VII is a single narrative. It's just gonna be chopped up and then padded out with compilation and fanfiction-tier shit so it fills out to three games, because apparently FF7 is now "too big" to be made as one game in the modern day.
>>
File: Noctis-and-Nomura.png (395KB, 853x479px) Image search: [Google]
Noctis-and-Nomura.png
395KB, 853x479px
>>384760925
This.

For the love of God, don't be hyped for Nomura games. I waited a decade for Versus and all I got was a half-finished abomination that wasn't even Versus. Nomura can't finish games. Stop being excited for this. You'll be old before it's out.
>>
>>384760925
it's gonna be shit because it's not turn based.
>>
>>384757751
I will wait and be patient until I know more about the game before making an informed decision based upon the evidence I see.
>>
>>384762739
>implying I'm not old already
>>
If they mess up Tifa there will be no point in playing it.

Lately Square can't even make her do her victory pose correctly so I'm not optimistic.
>>
>>384757751
I would honestly settle for the same game mechanics with a simple graphical overhaul.

Well..."simple" is no the right word. But a modern refresh on some old battle mechanics with a fresh coat of paint would suffice for me. I don't need this to be Final Hearts. I need it to be Final Fantasy.

>Muh, the new generation of gamers will think turn based combat is boring. We have to make it action oriented.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but are ATB and regular TB battle systems "dead" because today's gamers actually hate them or because developers think gamers hate them?
>>
>>384763969
Persona 5 was stupid popular so developers just think turn based is dead. They figure "oh it would look silly to have these HD characters all just standing in a line waiting for their turn, we have to do something" and then just make really shitty mashy "action" gameplay that's actually less engaging somehow.

ATB systems are shit though. It's just a regular turn-based system except it punishes you for not taking your turn as fast as possible.
>>
So it looks like cutscenes are almost finished, when I heard back in February that they'd almost wrapped up voice recording I thought they were just getting it out of the way first but it looks like they were actually putting the recordings to use.
>>
>not turn based
Dropped so fast it broke the law of relativity
>>
File: 1417900300986.png (280KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
1417900300986.png
280KB, 452x710px
>>384763969
I'm with you
If they said that it's basically going to be like the original but with modern graphics then I would be max hype.
But considering that it's Nomura, and he said that he wants to 'update it for today's audience' I have little hope that it'll be as good as the original.
>>
It may make some money banking on nostalgia alone, sure but I'm pretty sure the game will be a shallow, hollow shell of the original. They will focus on eye-candy and cinematic experience and everything resembling an RPG will be gutted, just like very FF since 12.
>>
>>384763969
I agree, I still like ATB and TB, and it's frustrating to me that they've decided to change it for no real reason.
I definitely think it's them jumping at shadows, too. Turn based does fine. Fuck, Square released Bravely Default/Second fairly recently and it did pretty well.
>>
>There are people in this thread who will actually pay money for this shit
Glad I'm not a retard.
>>
>>384765439
All I've seen is constructive criticism and cautious optimism. Which post did you read?

The TLDR of this thread is basically...
>Don't fuck it up, even though I know they gonna fuck it up.
>>
>Final Fantasy VIIR: Phase 1 - Assault on the Reactor
>Coming 2020 (Date Pending)
>Final Fantasy VIIR: Phase 2: Braving Lower Midgar
>Coming 2025 (Date Pending)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.