[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ace Attorney fan cases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 18

File: CpX3Qsw_d.jpg (73KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
CpX3Qsw_d.jpg
73KB, 500x447px
What the hell. Just finished this fangame and I'm legitimately impressed it's overall quality and effort to pass as a real AA game.
It was way fucking better than the mess SoJ was near the end. This should have been Dual Destinies. Sorry if it sounds like I'm shilling but for any Ace Attorney fan out there who does'nt know about this just download PyWright and enjoy. It's absolutely worth

>that fucking 4th case
>>
Please don't leave me all alone. For once I'm not shitposting in a switch voicechat thread
>>
File: ace attorney chars.jpg (510KB, 2800x641px) Image search: [Google]
ace attorney chars.jpg
510KB, 2800x641px
>>384755068
>Please don't leave me all alone.
sorry man, I haven't played any AA fanstuff besides the AAI2 fantranslation, which was fucking great, and Turnabout Holocaust or whatever it's called

have a free bumpo tho
>>
>>384755317
I assure you, it's fucking worth. The guy who made it really nailed it at all levels. Maybe (and just maybe) the humor was a little too meta at times but during my play I sometimes forgot that I was playing a fan-game.
I would have gladly paid for it if given the chance.
>>
>>384755317
Ace attorney has so many underrated waifus
>>
>>384753769
I want to give this game a try. Where did you download it?
>>
Alright OP, I'm going to trust you and download this, but you better not have overhyped this. Every fan case I tried so far sucked balls for different reasons.
>>
>>384756950
http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20194&sid=ddddcdd718c0fa3e06b6bd504db4eae1

>>384757075
It depends. I just finished the game so I'm still in the heat and probably have a bias but it's mainly the writing and characterization. The first case was a bit anticlimatic but the rest is top tier (Turnabout is worth a Thousand Words)
>>
For a game trying to pass off as an official one it sure fucking fails at the cover
>>
>>384759374
It was my opinion but I don't think it was intended
>>
File: 1495153806632.png (732KB, 627x836px) Image search: [Google]
1495153806632.png
732KB, 627x836px
Maybe I'm rusty on AA, but I feel like an idiot and stumble on every testimony so far. It could be a usual issue with fan cases where you know what's wrong but it must be presented in ass-backwards way, but I'm giving benefit of the doubt for now.
>>
Case 3 is absolutely awful, but I liked the rest. Obadiah was a great prosecutor, he wasn't a prodigy or gimmicky like they usually are. A nice change. Pearl ever shooting Maya is just fucking stupid, even if it led to a hard choice.
>>
>muh Mendirez
Anyway, indeed a better post-3/4 Phoenix game than Capcom will ever give us. Some obscure flags to progress sometimes, but at least there was a guide or deciphering the coding text files as last resorts
>>
>>384753769
The Spirit of Justice honeymoon is over right? Game had like 2 good cases. The coolest part was Apollo vs Phoenix but of course it ended up being almost completely half-assed.

I could write an essay on why Dhurke sucks. In fact I probably have, I'd just have to find it off GameFAQs archives
>>
>>384761513
I hate it when evidence can work for multiple statements.
>>
>>384753769
>>384755068

Im going to ignore your shitposting about SoJ Fuck you i liked it since im craving more Ace Attorney

Ill give it a shot
How does it compare to THAT Fanmade Apollo Justice Case? You know the one where poor udgy dies
>>
File: AA tier list.png (1B, 486x500px)
AA tier list.png
1B, 486x500px
>>384762497
Nope, AA6 is still top 3 in the series.
>>
>>384762497
His sins are way too easily forgiven by the main cast. He obsessed over his snail-paced "peaceful revolution" so long that he literally was only able to visit Apollo AFTER HE WAS DEAD. Apollo's other big motivation for accepting Dhurke again is Dhurke saving him from the rising waters in the old ruin.

However, Dhurke is already the reason that Apollo was in that situation in the first place; Dhurke apparently never even bothered to teach Apollo how to swim while he was always playing by water rapids, and was the one that dragged Apollo to the ruin. This "self-endangerment" that's supposed to endear Dhurke to the player is further hampered when we learn that Dhurke was literally already dead; the person in real danger was Maya, and despite Misty's words in 2-2, it's questionable if Maya could really consent to this considering how they had to separate Tuhrust's spirit forcefully in 6-3 rather than her dispelling him.

Dhurke then both misleads Apollo by not making it clear that Dhurke's being channeled, and puts his distrusting wife's secrets ahead of the things Apollo needs to understand in order to NOT BE EXECUTED ALONG WITH PHOENIX.

Combine all this with Dhurke's original sin of lying to Apollo, dumping him in America in presumably some orphanage, and never making any attempts to even contact him by proxy or writing, and Dhurke is made to be a very dubious person who's wrongdoings are never directly brought to light. The game would honestly be fine if it was somehow brought up how Dhurke had done extremely questionable things in any capacity, but instead the main cast end up revering him like a saint of justice. A big reason Apollo stays in Khura'in is to carry on the law office like Dhurke wanted, and the relationship between Rayfa and Inga and the extent that Inga loved her is completely dropped so that Rayfa can instead sing Dhurke's praise.
>>
>>384762553
I'm not saying SoJ was all bad of course but it has it's flaws.
I hope that by udgy you don't mean the Judge since I'm planning playing Turnabout Substitution
>>
>>384762497

Lol no, SoJ is still top 3

I can nitpick T&T just like you did but i like all games
>>
>>384762553
Not OP but case 1 is case 1 tier while 2 and 3 are par for the course. However, since you're craving more Ace Attorney, that shouldn't be a problem. They all have some clever twists that make it all worth it
Case 4, 5, and the overall plot are fantastic and a budget/editor would have easily pushed CoI to top AA in my book
>>
>>384762960
I don't know what the /v/ term would be but you're clearly a speedreader
>>
File: 1417369297954.png (636KB, 1310x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1417369297954.png
636KB, 1310x1170px
>>384762497
>In fact I probably have, I'd just have to find it off GameFAQs archives
>>
>>384762497
>>384762960

>Sins are easily forgiven

G-O-D-O-T

also

Edgeworth

It's about fixing the shit that you did that matters
>>
>>384762945
What puts it above the original, Spirit of Justice, and Dual Destinies?

The first case drags on; the pacing is bad, the testimony is awkward to get through because of the singing gimmick, and instead of Phoenix tying everything together, the bad guy basically confesses immediately after Phoenix figures out the puzzle. It was janky as fuck.

Case 2 was fun and maybe my favorite in the game, I don't remember any issues with it

Case 3 was fine but I think the delivery on the final revelation wasn't done as good as it could have been (or maybe I just figured it out a lot early) so it didn't feel impactful at all

Case 4 is 2-3 levels of bad and for that I refuse to take "2-3 is so awful" as an argument to put SoJ above JFA when 2-4 is one of the best cases in the series

Case 5 starts off alright but they completely squander the clash between Apollo and Phoenix when it turns out to not even be genuine and Phoenix doesn't even finish the fight. The second half is marred by the fact that the Sadmadhis are just as bad a family as the Gramarye family and that part of the case completely focuses on them.
>>
File: 1459651104036.png (120KB, 282x194px) Image search: [Google]
1459651104036.png
120KB, 282x194px
>>384762497
>GameFAQs archives
>>
>>384763180
>you're clearly a speedreader
? I'm not sure what you mean
>>
>>384763347
>Godot
What sins

The only thing he arguably did wrong, he took responsibility for in the end, and he went to prison like he deserved

>Edgeworth
I kind of agree but he has like 1-4, 1-5, and 2-4 to help redeem himself.

Dhurke is so awful, he continued to fuck shit up from the beyond the grave and nobody fucking cared.
>>
>>384753769

>that character art

Damn, bruh, I don't even wanna read the OP.
>>
>Implying you never saw it coming from the trailers that Dhurke was going to be redeemed
>>
File: kw3X1Ar.png (1MB, 982x1833px) Image search: [Google]
kw3X1Ar.png
1MB, 982x1833px
Watch out for objective facts coming through
>>
>>384763892
I'd swao AAI with AJ, and SoJ with JfA
>>
File: mural 3.png (199KB, 414x404px) Image search: [Google]
mural 3.png
199KB, 414x404px
>>384763892
You're a man of taste I see
>>
>>384763892
>Justice for All in great tier
3 out of 4 cases sucked though, I'd moved it down even if the last case is GOAT. Good list though.
>>
File: IMG_1190.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1190.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>384763892

>DD over SoJ

Hey
I have my problems with SoJ, but you have to be mentality ill to even consider DD to be better than SoJ

SoJ had to fix TOO many of DD's garbage decisions
>>
>>384764138
The second case has a place in my heart because I was pretty young when I played it so I got completely blindsided by the surgery twist. It was the one of the biggest mindblows ever for me. After replaying the game a few months ago though, yeah I could agree it could be moved down, though I do think 2-4 is the best in the series.
>>
>>384764183
I enjoyed every single case in Dual Destinies, I enjoyed 2 in SoJ (though I haven't played the DLC). Seance is the worst designed gimmick in the series. It had potential but some of the solutions are ridiculously precise or dumb. I actually agree with IGN's 6.5 score.
>>
File: IMG_1126.png (155KB, 369x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1126.png
155KB, 369x263px
>OP wants to advertise fan cases

>Mentions SoJ

>Another Anon uses the buzzword Honeymoon

>It's a case war ignoring the fanmade case OP originally wanted
>>
>>384764276

A man of taste who understands how great reunion and Turnabout was

I loved how the context of spirit medium boogaloo Maya did in the first game backfires

I was legit believed that the murder could've happened the way they made it
>>
>>384764627
Kinda hard to discuss a game only two anons have played and don't want to spoil
>>
>>384763389
I liked the cases more, the plot had better thematic cohesion and an overarching narrative.

First cases are about even for AA1, 5, and 6. I would give the edge to 5-1 but they're all about the same in terms of average first cases.
6-2 blows any filler case in AA1 or 5 out of the fuck water. Great case.
6-3 is a fantastic case and helped the overarching narrative tremendously by being directly related to it and not being just another filler case.
6-4 is good. It's a good filler case that fleshed out by Athena and Blackquil's characters and relationship in a game that clearly wasn't focused around Athena. It also didn't outstay its welcome at all and I'm happy they experimented by having a single trial filler case as the 4th case of the game, it freshened up the pacing.
6-5 is fucking excellent finale case that unexpectedly fleshed out Apollo and singehandedly made him the main focus of the game. Dhruke's story is great and the final twist with him is easily one of the best in the series. It advanced the overall plot of the series in fairly significant way, something we haven't seen since AA4's timeskip. And it wrapped up the game in a solid theme about inheritance and legacy, far above AA5's Power of Friendship bullshit.
> the clash between Apollo and Phoenix when it turns out to not even be genuine and Phoenix doesn't even finish the fight.
That's a legitimate critique but it didn't squander the entire section.
>>
>>384764508
If anything I'd give DD a 6.5. The final case was just stupid.
>Plot twist is a less effective knock-off of the Investigations 2 one
>Years go by, police never check the tape recordings after the murder to see if the murderer left the scene of the crime
Even now just pisses me off thinking about this plot hole
>>
>>384764508

Shame you feel that way anon, shit opinion but I'll let you have it

I enjoyed Seance, I just felt it should've done that EXTRA pull, similar to what Mood Matrix did against Phantom
>>
File: hl5xe9l.jpg (5KB, 93x183px) Image search: [Google]
hl5xe9l.jpg
5KB, 93x183px
>>384764627
>>
>>384763892
>AA5 over AA4, AA6
>PLvsPW that high
>AA2 that high
>AA6 that low
Jesus fuck
>>
>>384764778

The game tells you that the government wanted it to be speed up due to reputation against other countries for the space boogaloo

The only thing they could've done was Edgeworth giving Simon special permission to hunt down the case in secrecy
>>
File: power of friendship.jpg (3MB, 563x7720px) Image search: [Google]
power of friendship.jpg
3MB, 563x7720px
>>384764778
I liked the actual Mastermind twist a lot and didn't see it coming, but everything after was mediocre (pic related)
>>
>>384765058

What's wrong with this segment?

The entire point of the game in general is that The agency lost trust with each other because they were all being dumbasses
>>
>>384764768
>6-4 is good.
I just have to disagree with you anon. I did like Blackquill's screentime though

>>384764768
>6-5 is fucking excellent finale case that unexpectedly fleshed out Apollo
Maybe I'm just too autistic but a bunch of little things that piled up over time killed it for me. I never liked Dhurke in the first place because Apollo's flashback of Dhurke abandoning him was something I empathize with and I actually tried to turn down working with him when they gave you the option. I really unironically hate Dhurke. He's one of my least favorite characters in the series and I hate how he essentially puts Apollo on the plank in order to help his wife who turned her back on him, even when Apollo's faith had been clearly renewed in Dhurke. I also didn't like them completely abandoning the relationship they were building between the princess and the king guy when they revealed she was related to Dhurke.
>>
File: IwVc0J6.jpg (5KB, 99x168px) Image search: [Google]
IwVc0J6.jpg
5KB, 99x168px
>>384753769
>>
File: IMG_1196.jpg (245KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1196.jpg
245KB, 863x752px
Just popping in quick to say I'll give the fanmade case a try when I'm free

I'm currently going through Case 2 of SoJ, and Jesus fucking Christ the ride never Fucking ends, they keep pulling more twists than a Nahyuta's braids

This is legit my most fun Case 2 since T&T with Atmey's boogaloo

I just wanted to say that, let me get out before I get spoiled
>>
>>384762497
AAI2 = 3 > 6 > 5 ≥ 1 > 4 > AAI > 2
>>
File: 1474780637301.webm (72KB, 406x342px) Image search: [Google]
1474780637301.webm
72KB, 406x342px
>>384765319
have fun Anon.
>>
File: o3sNgk7[1].png (209KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
o3sNgk7[1].png
209KB, 400x600px
Guys, I may have figured out why the pre-timeskip games are way better than the post-timeskip games. Look really carefully at this promo art of Old Phoenix. I tried circle it but it's still not immediately obvious. Do you see it?
>>
>>384765171
>>384764768

6-4 needs to be replayed to appreciate it more

We never had a single court segment late game since Turnabout Beginnings

It comes at a time right after the absolute shitstorm that ends Case 3 and people needed to be reminded that they are playing an Ace Attorney game
>>
>>384765319

One of the plot twists was predictable due to my nerve memory

Specifically when """"Reus"""" video taped himself, I quickly noticed that he didn't have his arm scar on the poster
>>
>>384765171
It's been awhile since I beat AA6 so I can't comment on each of Dhruke's story beats and how his character was portrayed. But I do remember liking Apollo's slow build with their relationship.
Throughout the entire first day of the Case Apollo is apprehensive and outright negative towards Dhruke and by the end of the first Day they had done a good job developing their relationship, especially with the cave shit. And that trend continues in the 2nd day as well with the obvious shit going down between them.
>>
>>384753769
Is this Osama Bin Laden next to Ace?
>>
>>384765419
Holy shit!!
>>
>>384765419
>>384766536
What is it? I don't see a thing...
>>
>>384766591
Mario looks like a gun
>>
File: 1474383770792.jpg (16KB, 180x192px) Image search: [Google]
1474383770792.jpg
16KB, 180x192px
I liked the first case. It wasn't super special, but I think it's higher than usual tutorial cases (because you aren't tutored anything, perhaps). Still, I'd appreciate main witness not looking like ayy lmao and shit like press every statement, then get a new info at the very end to get back to the testimony avoided.
Hope it's uphill from here.
>>
>>384764842
>>PLvsPW that high
It was great in Case 1 and 3, and was good in Case 2 until Layton decided to show up and take Pheonix's spotlight. The Mob Cross Examination gimmick was cool, and the characters were all fun. Case 4 was GOAT until Layton came down. The 10-witness cross-examination was one of the best in the game. And that's only because you knew that Layton was going to be "right", you wouldn't BTFO his case. There wasn't any tension due to it. Not only that, but the typical Layton tweest that every single Layton game has reared it's head.

If Shu Takumi had been involved for more of the development (I guarantee you, he started exerting his influence near the beginning of Case 3, and it shows due to how much more fun the game becomes around then), so that some of the more typical AA conventions like investigating, a better slam, and more dialogue that was entertaining were in there, it'd be a 10/10 game, even with the pants-on-head retarded twist.
>>
>>384767164
>muh jury
Anyway, if you say case 1 gets a passing score, you'll definitely be fine the rest of the game. It gets better than holy-shit-suck-on-this-Capcom. Enjoy!
If you ever get stuck - which wouldn't be surprising - there's always the walkthrough pdfs or deciphering the scene##script.txts
>>
>>384767418
Phoenix*, fuck.
>>
>that last court segment in AAI2 where Debeste actually gets to be competent and his theme is updated
Strong best boy material.
>>
>>384753769
boy howdy I sure can't tell which ones are the fan characters
>>
>>384769357
Don't you remember how Phoenix defeated Muhammad Smith in PLvsPW and replaced Sharia law with jury system?
>>
>>384765058
The people who keep posting this to try and make a point about DD haven't actually played it, right? It cuts out the dialogue/scenes explaining why Phantom broke down (because he was fearing for his life) so that you guys can make this "power of friendship" argument about him
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.