[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Day 9 is awful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

>finish feasting off the corpse of a dead game
>try and fail to shill blizzards other shitty games
>host the most boring and least content filled conference at e3
>'organically' insert yourself into the scene of a dying game that still has money to be made
>make a shitty stream once a week with a pseudo-intellectual reddit loves and have le ebin reddit army upvote your shit every week begging valve to make you the host of a 25 million dollar tournament despite having no experience in the scene
>valve the madmen actually listen to fucking reddit and do it
fuck this guy, he's not entertaining, and clearly trying to leech off dota for money.
>>
>>384751256
>watch Day9 all the time
>was even on the first (?) Funday Monday (no queens) -> DreamSailor
>he clearly loses passion for SC2
>more and more gimmicky streams
>stop caring about SC2
>stop watching twitch

You die a hero or live long enough to become the villain.
>>
>>384751256
I've only seen him play Dota, and he's really bad at Dota.
>>
You forgot to mention that he stopped progaming (the only thing he was good at) to be an e-celeb only.
I really enjoyed watching him play starcraft back in the day but instead now he does low-effort lets plays starring 'cats uguuu~~'.

When he says that he got grand master with all 3 races it makes me fookin mad because it shows that he has talent for starcraft that he could use to entertain and keep the industry alive.
But then again Blizzard did kinda make some mistakes with SC2 so i can understand why he would be kinda disappointed.
>>
>>384752507
I literally had no clue who this guy was until he started his shitty once a week dota streams a few months ago, I popped into one for about 20 minutes and left, it was awful, i then saw him hosting the pc gaming show at e3, which was hugely underwhelming, why the fuck is this guy hosting over people like redeye, kotlguy, or 2gd?
Its mindboggling and pisses me off way more than it should
>>
>>384751256
Why did reddit choose this guy over people that have been working TI for the past 5 years?
>>
>>384752828
>2gd

2gd is too busy working on Diabotical.

And by that I mean he's too busy winning $300,000 of Bethesda prize money in the QWC.
>>
>>384752828
>2gd

He's completely blackballed from Dota because Gabe hates him.

2GD was criticizing the way past TI's were run in front of some senior staff, and that grudge built up into him being excommunicated from the scene.

It's a shame, he was the most interesting host, because he could crack jokes and get people to have fun on air. Valve clearly wants hosts that treat it like an ESPN slot.
>>
File: 9QPbQHx.png (906KB, 720x2485px) Image search: [Google]
9QPbQHx.png
906KB, 720x2485px
day9 has more mmr than redeye and machine

my only problem with him is his hugbox sub only "ree backseat gamers" twitch chat
>>
>>384753303
they think that he's some super famous starcraft guy
>>
>>384751256
Day9 was amazing for BW commentary and analysis and he was just as good at the start of SC2. BW obviously hasn't been patched since he started so they're still a pretty great watch. If SC2 wasn't such a dumpster fire everything probably would have worked out well.
>>384752507
>But then again Blizzard did kinda make some mistakes with SC2 so i can understand why he would be kinda disappointed.
Biggest understatement anyone could make about the situation. Blizzard put a bullet in Starcraft's head.
>>
What happened to husky? Bronze league heroes was great.
>>
>>384753527
>according to this chart, there are no people playing dota in south america
wew
>>
>>384753527
i dont give a shit about his mmr, he is a money grubbing leech looking to get paid, add on top of that he is uninteresting and a pain to listen to, plus he doesnt take care of his basic grooming, and i dont want any part of him
I hope after ti he realizes that dota dying just like starcraft did and jumps ship to go money grub elsewhere.
>>
I loved his StarCraft show and it was actually entertaining and helped me get better but SC 2 just got worse and worse over time. Sorry but you can't blame the guy for abandoning that it's trash.

That said his streams are a bit too... nice now. He used to be funnier now it's like a hugbox.
>>
>>384753665
gave up his career for his wife's
>>
>>384753527
he also said on stream tonight he didn't know who most of the of other talent (who was made up of established dota figures/ex pros) were, I would imagine he also doesnt know much about the players attending ti and their histories either. its a bad fit.
plus at least when redeye was host, he ran the production and his ideas made up the between game content which was good, day 9s shit is gonna be awful and cringey
>>
>>384753920
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dqYxpxegrk
Compare that to what he does now. He's almost a different person.
>>
>>384753527
Redeye is a great host, it doesn't matter what his MMR is.
>>
>>384752828
Day9 was at one point the best non-korean starcraft 1 player, and was pretty damn good at sc2 (grandmaster player). The guy is legitimately very talented at starcraft, and that's where he got his popularity. If he did more starcraft stuff I would actually still watch him.
>>
>>384754000
The tiny one who does these nerdy nummies things, right? I don't get how such a bland concept can sustain a million subscriber channel.
>>
>>384754123
Reddit happened
>>
File: 1438904825486.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1438904825486.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>e-celeb is not entertaining and is a leech
STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES
>>
>>384755306
f2p vs p2w
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.