[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with this game? Human revolution was the shit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

What went wrong with this game?

Human revolution was the shit, what the hell happened?
>>
do i need to post a /pol/ meme to at least get replies lol?
>>
It was too short, the focus on a more personal narrative fell flat, especially when you spend most of your time in east europe rather than globe-trotting to hunt a conspiracy.
It was like they got the technical aspects improved but then dialed back on everything else.
>>
The standard response is, Square Enix got greedy and ruined it.
>>
>>384747427
They cut content to sell dlc, but the game needed that cut content to make a complete experience

Also if you are only making posts for the yous, go back to ledit
>>
It was great aside from the story. Everything else was better than in HR
>>
>>384747427
because it relies on a narrative while taking itself too seriously.

game is too cringeworthy to play. should have went with the silent protagonist in an M rated game.
>>
>>384747427
It's pretty easy to understand, the Deus Ex ip had fallen into the unknown for most people because IW was bad and time.
So Squenix gave Eidos almost complete freedom regarding Human Revolution and the team behind it had a clear vision, not saying HR was perfect bu you can see it.

Squenix decide to cash in on the succes of HR, push for a rushed sequel and we all know how that turned out.

Game like Deus Ex, that rely heavely on atmopshere/story should be given lots of time between them.
>>
>>384747427
>what the hell happened?
>>
I really enjoyed it, but the weaknesses as I see them is too few hubs (Golem city should've been one), too few side-quests (although the ones we got was pretty fleshed out) and a cliff-hanger ending (that gameplay-wise was way better than HR's end). Also, the aug discrimination being hamfisted isn't just a /pol/-meme, it was an interesting concept that they failed to deliver on. It makes sense for people to discriminate augs after what happened in the end of HR, but that discrimination should show itself as fear, segregation (this one they actually did), forced de-augmentation, etc, not people going "Fuck u fucking aug scum" and unnecessarily provoking people, when the MAIN REASON they hate them is because they could allegedly snap and go on a rampage any second. I don't remember if de-augmentation is possible lore-wise, but if it is it definitely should've been a major plot point. The class division that augmentation technique brought in HR is completely absent, and instead the game simply treats augs as people who happen to be augmented for whatever reason, like it was something they were born with.
>>
>>384748889
>So Squenix gave Eidos almost complete freedom regarding Human Revolution and the team behind it had a clear vision, not saying HR was perfect bu you can see it.

Listening to the developer commentary in HR, they had SO MANY cool ideas they had to cut because of time/budget constraints, that it was just so disappointing to see MD turn out the way it did. You really feel like they tried to focus in on a tighter, more detailed experience for MD than they did for HR - and to a great extent they were successful - but that came at the cost of the sense of epic scope HR had.

MD is okay as is, but it's really only half a game, and it's sad knowing the rest will never be finished (at least, the way it should be).
>>
was just going to replay this but then realized season pass was just on sale for 7 bucks and i missed out
now i dont want to pay 17 bucks for it, and dont want to play without season pass content

im doomed
>>
>>384748969
>>384748889
>blaming publisher for dev failure
thats cute, you must be an young
>>
>>384749815
>Implying publishers don't set deadlines
>>
AUG LIVES MATTER
>>
File: 1500060991438.jpg (228KB, 1280x872px) Image search: [Google]
1500060991438.jpg
228KB, 1280x872px
>>384748889

>not saying HR was perfect bu you can see it.

Honestly this. Currently playing through HR and the original Deus Ex simultaneously.

The problem with the Squeenix Deus Ex games is the gameplay, it's not bad, but it's not as good as the original. That didn't matter at all in HR because the story was top-tier, immersive, and easily worthy of the original. MD took that away, so all that remained was passable gameplay in a world that didn't really feel like Deus Ex, not just because of the poorly-handled main plot, but because there was so much depth missing.
>>
>>384747427
They picked an ugly setting for cyberpunk, had politics that too closely resembled real life stuff for some people although this is not new. It's just that politics in novels and movies people consider classic is too old for them to realize how closely it connects to real life, and it's not the modern politics they see every day.

The gameplay is an improvement over HR in every way give or take a few details but gameplay isn't king to people who adore this series.
>>
File: 1472354113070.png (119KB, 402x564px) Image search: [Google]
1472354113070.png
119KB, 402x564px
>>384750794
>Gameplay isn't king to people who adore this series
Is this what squeenix actually believes?
>>
>>384747427
Considering how MD is just HR 1.5, you grew up and realized HR wasn't great at all.
>>
>>384749909
>implying publishers write the bad stories and characters
>>
>>384747427

>what went wrong with this game?

Squeenix decided to fleece fans of HR for shekels so they butchered it in the hopes of turning it into their next big milkable franchise. Surprise surprise the game flopped because what people wanted was an improvement on HR, or at least something on par.
>>
Was that competitive hacking game good, or was it just wasted resources that should have been used on the main game?
It didn't sound that interesting to me and when they announced it I kind of lost interest in the game and never got around to playing it.
>>
>>384749157
golem city was already half a hub it was a shame making it into a 30 min linear joke
>>
>>384747427

hr was ok at best. Th soundtrack is good tho. prey is better in every single way
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.