[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you personally find it more fun to play a game the second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: ISStN0Q.jpg (321KB, 1082x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ISStN0Q.jpg
321KB, 1082x1920px
Do you personally find it more fun to play a game the second time? I personally love playing games when I know what to do and where to go the second time.
>>
File: Clipboard02.png (44KB, 777x363px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.png
44KB, 777x363px
If a game can only be enjoyed once it's not really worth playing once.
>>
yeah, but i'll only do it these days if i can see or use something new. new abilities, new areas, keep my shit ala new game+. my backlog is too big to spend on just one game these days.
>>
>>384744695
first post best post

People always harp on about how long or short a game is when they should be concerned over how replayable it is.
>>
File: 1500254449689.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500254449689.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>384744605
Cute snake
>>
I replay it years later, after I've forgotten most of it. Same thing I do with TV. I've watched every star trek so many times by now.
>>
>>384744605
great, next you're going to tell me someone has poisoned the waterhole or something
>>
>>384744939
I rewatch Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and SGU every 2 years.
>>
>>384744605
I love games with NG+, yeah campaings are fine but if you can only play it once whays the point. Kinda like farcry games, you do the main story and theres nothing else to do.
>>
>>384744774
backlogs are a stupid pitfall.
enjoyment > number of games beaten
>>
>>384745020
Good taste.
>>
>>384744605
I do a dryrun, reaching midgame in any given game to learn the mechanics and characters a bit, then I do a full restart with a bit of knowledge under my belt and go all the way.
>>
>>384745180
seems like a good way to do it actually.
>>
>>384744817
Hi baby birdie
>>
>>384744605
he,s got a sh
oe
>>
>>384744605
m8..
m8..
there's
lmao
there's a snake in yer boot
>>
SOMEBODYS POISONED THE WATERING HOLE!
>>
>>384745602
Yeah, it lets me grasp the mechanics, get a firm grasp on the story and stakes of the plot, and then slam through the game like a steam train, knowing what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.

Like a lot of RPGs and ARPGs under or overvalue CC. The dryrun gives me the window to fuck up. Like if bosses and strong enemies are completely imune to status effects, I'm not gonna build status effects on my guy. But usually there's no way to know if the game flops one way or another, dryrun saves you from that problem.

Like for example, I just did my dryrun of the final fantasy 12 remake. I got Belias, unlocked all my second jobs, fiddled with jobs a bit, tested debuffs, did some gameplay, killed some bosses on that run, but now that I know how the class system works, it's time to restart and actually play the game. I'll minmax the fuck out of it, while enjoying the story more cause I've had time to get to know the characters a bit.
>>
File: 1500168155933.jpg (115KB, 981x898px) Image search: [Google]
1500168155933.jpg
115KB, 981x898px
>>384744605
It honestly depends on the game, but most times I only play through a game once because I have so many games to play.
>>
>>384745085
oh, its not about the number of games finished. i always wait for sales and then go crazy and buy like twelve games at once for 60% off. so, i always have a backlog of games i wanted to play but didnt want to pay full price for.

i still have trails of cold steel, severed, and berseria to play. im about to finish gravity rush remastered. and i just bought mgs2 and 3 on vita for $10 because i havent played them in a decade. so, they're all games i really want to play, i just need to get through waht im doing now. i dont like leaving games half finished as long as im enjoying them.
>>
>>384744605
there's a snake in my boot
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.