[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where to ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Cab_Driver.png (85KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Cab_Driver.png
85KB, 250x250px
where to ?
>>
File: 1492956693732.jpg (251KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1492956693732.jpg
251KB, 850x1202px
>>384741636
Gensokyo please
>>
>>384741636
TAKE ME TO THE FIRST CITY
>>
Just drive.
>>
apple market lol
>>
Does White Wolf autistically schrieking about how the cab driver wasn't Cain, just some Malk who THOUGHT he was Cain, fully validate Death of the Author as a metafictional concept?
>>
File: 51uYa.png (252KB, 500x684px) Image search: [Google]
51uYa.png
252KB, 500x684px
>>384741959
tomato~
>>
>>384741959
What about Ridley Scott insisting up and down that Deckard is a replicant even though it kinda flies in the face of the entire point of the original work and isn't a clever twist at all?
>>
>>384743645
Doesn't Blade Runner 2049 also directly contradict that as well? Ridley is involved so it should be canon.

Unless there was something about Replicants aging or surviving that long that I don't remember.
>>
>>384744228
Ridley being involved just makes it cancer as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>384744407
apparently he gave the director free hand though so theres hope
>>
>>384743645
How does it fly in the face of the original work?
>>
>>384741959
His data-file has him listed as Cain-Taxi or something similar, it was wholly intentional.
>>
>>384744918
Because the way the runners figure out the replicants is by testing their ability to feel empathy by measuring their physiological responses to see if they're faking it. The irony is in the fact that the replicants really just want to have a normal life. The runners themselves aren't good guys. They're dead-inside robots unable to feel empathy for the literal robots they're slaughtering. You end up connecting more with the replicants than the runners because they have a more human plight. If the main runner is suddenly literally a replicant then that contrast loses it's impact. And again, not at all a clever twist.
>>
>>384744918
Well, for the one (debatably) the point of the story is that the replicants are more human than he is, and him being a replicant only hurts that idea. For another, it makes no sense in the story, deckard has memories and has been alive for a while, and has a load of plotholes about why everyone is just playing along with this replicant, and why he seems so worse at everything than the theoretically older replicants like Rutger's crew. In short, >>384746159
The biggest is that pretty much everybody in production disagrees with ridley, says the replicant idea is stupid, ridley basically has no reason for it other than he thinks its cool, and that the Unicorn dream which is the one actual leg the theory has to stand on was made using old footage from Legend, and in a much later edit of the film that Ridley had complete control of it.
TL:DR It's a stupid ass theory Ridley came up with and crammed into a classic to make it worse, and as we can see from the state of the Alien franchise, Ridley is a madman not to be trusted.
>>
>>384741636
My gf's house
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.