[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this game feel so boring? I understand its very well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (62KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
62KB, 300x360px
Why did this game feel so boring? I understand its very well made. But playing it, there was just no excitement.
>>
File: Man with No Name.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Man with No Name.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
>>384740467

Its probably more an issue you have with the genre, be it open world, western or the combination of the two. I really loved that game but I have plenty of friends who did not like it because it didn't keep their attention.

Did you ever watch spaghetti westerns? The game is meant to feel kind of like that.
>>
>>384740467
tried playing through its shit ass campaign 3 fucking times and every time I dropped it. it fucking sucks.
>>
>>384740467
Because it's literally an empty desert.
>>
It's probably due to the suffocatingly melancholy story.

Rockstar can't into stories unless it satirizes America or kills every one off at the end.
>>
>>384740467
Because you're an underage faggot with no attention span who grew up playing CoD maybe?
>>
File: IMG_0907.jpg (85KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0907.jpg
85KB, 640x800px
>>384741987
I hate westerns but absolutely loved the game
>>
>>384742493
true but it worked here, what with WWI right around the corner and the West truly coming to an end
>>
>>384740467
>it's very well made

It's about as glitchy as an elder scrolls game.
>>
Yeah its not perfect. The shooting is base and whoo boy a cover system.
If you dont suck you might like it more if you disable auto aim. I like the atmosphere and the white bummer story.
>>
>>384740467
1st because it's a GTA sandbox game, the epitome of boredom

2nd because the game is about shooting and has auto aim
>>
If you're only now playing it for the first time in 2017, I can see why you think it's underwhelming. But at the time, in 2010, it really did a lot of things RIGHT as far as open world games. It nailed the atmosphere, authenticity, and soundtrack; it also had a great variety of things for players to do besides the main quest, that were not just "go here, get this, come back" fetch shit.

Also, the online at the time was quite entertaining. Riddled with hacking, but fun none the less.
>>
It's sitting on my Bone, played it half an hour and yes, it felt boring-ish.
>>
File: le cat.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
le cat.png
325KB, 382x417px
>>384744106
It didn't do anything out of the ordinary for open world games, it was pretty standard GTA
>>
>>384740467
bait or you have terrible taste
>>
Its because Rockstar fanboys overhype this ridiculous game, I swear they're far worse than Zelda fanboys.
>>
>>384741987
Westerns are fucking god awful but I enjoyed the game. I think what really pulled it together for me was the randomness of all the animals.

>be playing
>near end of game
>collecting some followers and shit
>get off horse to swap horses so it can quick save the game
>bear shows up outta fucking nowhere
>OH SHIT
>trying to run away
>ANOTHER FUCKING BEAR SHOWS UP
>2 fucking bears chasing that refuse to fuck off no matter what
>eventually get enough distance to kill both

I was audibly screaming FUCK FUCK FUCK the entire time...probably the first time I legit had adrenaline rush while playing a game in a looooong time.
>>
>>384744660
>didnt actually play the game
okay, so you're a retard
poorfag retarded pc cuck whjo cant play the game because hes too poor to even own a fucking 360 or ps3? now thats fucking sad

i think you can even play it with ps now on pc so youve literally no excuse to be this much of a retarded poorfag cuck
>>
>>384745989
I played it in 2012 on my PS3. It's literally GTA with cowboys. It had some minigames like poker, fetch quests like collecting those flowers and strangers which were already in GTA4. Outside that you went to x place to activate a mission just like in every GTA before that
>>
Your hand's upon a deadman's gun and you're looking down the sights
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.