[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have a revolutionary idea for a video game >get enthusiastic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: 1470677821476.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470677821476.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>have a revolutionary idea for a video game
>get enthusiastic and propose myself to create a video game
>start learning about game making
>give up after noticing that it's actually pretty hard to make a video game
>tfw the revolutionary idea will stay as an idea forever
>>
>>384738082
Don't worry. Your game idea is either a) Already been done before or b) Much better off being developed by people with actual talent. Nothing has been lost here, I assure you.
>>
File: 2d_is_superior.png (171KB, 538x371px) Image search: [Google]
2d_is_superior.png
171KB, 538x371px
>>384738082

Have you tried using GameMaker? Its fairly easy to create a game.

>whos the 2d qt?
>>
>>384738670
I fucking love that artist
>>
>>384738082
If you just look at the image it looks like she's taking a dump haha
>>
Could be worse OP

Could release your idea and have it flop because the industry only cares about over the shoulder third person cinematic experiences.
>>
>>384738082
post the idea faggot. pro tip: you won't, even YOU know it's complete shit. kys dumb anime poster
>>
>>384738082
What if every would-be game designer on /v/ got together and made all of their game ideas as a team?
>>
sauce on anime mother effers
>>
>>384738082
I know your pain op.

I once had a idea for a game that included a single dungeon, but it has 200 Floors to it, and with each floor it gets much much harder, and it would have a random floor boss every 115 floors to it. Each floor would have completely different enemy's, but some enemies would show up on that floor from the previous floor, but stronger. It would have alot of different armor and weapons, and it be a MMO, but levels would be really hard to obtain. Think of it like a dark souls WoW. Of course there would be pubs and things to find, inside and outside of the dungeon.
>>
File: fucking_kids_on_muh_imageboards.gif (920KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
fucking_kids_on_muh_imageboards.gif
920KB, 400x226px
>>384738964

>kys
>hates anime
>edgy and hostile
>>
File: 1500614694691.gif (2MB, 540x391px) Image search: [Google]
1500614694691.gif
2MB, 540x391px
>>384738082
Well, what is your idea?
>>
>>384738463
first post best post
>>
>>384738670
Aoba from New Game
>>
>>384739410
Sounds like SAO but with 100+ floors
>>
>>384738082
People have great ideas all the time
Don't think anyone is reading your mind when your idead becomes a reality made by another person tho
people used to believe that and even created a meme decades ago about "big brother is watching you", "metalic paper in the head" etc
>>
>>384738082
Write it, you don't actually need programming or art skills, you can have a team for that, if you present you ideas in enough detail and they are good interesting ideas, you can attract interested people with skills and resources you don't have
>but what if someone steals my idea
The idea isn't what gets you anywhere its the work you do to actually flesh it out, ideas are easy, work is hard.
>>
>have somewhat unoriginal idea
>a bunch of friends come together to make it because it caters specifically to us
being the main ideas guy is fun as fuck
>>
>>384739701
Fuck SAO, I was thinking more of DanMachi.
>>
>>384738082
>70% of the animation budget
>>
>>384740482
There is nothing going on in sol titles so who cares?
>>
Your ideas are shit.
The sooner you accept this fact of life, the easier it will be to live without regrets.
>>
>>384739410
You said nothing about what you actually do in the game.
Unless you think "dark souls wow" qualifies as a gameplay description and that it is a actually a unqiue, revultionary idea in which case fucking lol.
>>
Is your revolutionary idea anything like
>X but with Dark Souls combat and crafting
>>
I have an idea for a multiplayer game which the goal is to obtain more points than the opponents and each level the difficulty goes up. My inspiration for this idea are games like old school arcade games like metal slug and specifically sunset riders.

The gameplay it's in 3D, third person and the movement it's like Quake. I'm currently working on the movement system to make it feel right.
>>
>>384741108
Well, That's the thing, I could never get that far, since you kill monsters, get monster loot like gems, turn them into cash, go back into the dungeon, repeat. Have certain mob drops that can be thrned into weapons, have different fractions that are ruled by God's and goddesses, each giving you different perks and skills, depending on class. When I say dark souls in, I think more or less of the custom stats and such, like VIT, END, and the such, with every monster you kill, it raises your stats by a little, it would go with ranks like E to S. And with combat, I was thinking more of world of Warcraft,with different spells and abilities, but I'm sure there are better ideas for that other than that. And yes, I know it's A stupid idea, like I said, I had it once. I have long since giving up on it.
>>
>You will never make that autistically detailed roleplaying game for your worldbuilding setting.
>You will never make a good RTS game that brings the genre back.
>tfw you will never make a pokemon romhack that brings out the game's true potential.
>tfw you will never make better versions of games you already play in general.
>You will never make basically the first game but in a sci-fi setting and people don't even care because it's more different than most sequels.
>tfw you will never banter with fans.
>tfw you will never shitpost, post concept art and your reasoning behind certain choices on your own general without anyone knowing.

Being an ideaguy is the worst possible fate.
>>
>>384738082
you're me OP
>>
>>384742690
Your ideas suck and most great games stem from great execution, not great ideas.
>>
>>384738908
nah, who cares if people don't like your game, at least you fucking made it and you like it
>>
>>384742924
I purposefully gave very vague ideas because it's very hard to describe things without referencing other games or loading a giant wall of text nobody wants to read. I don't care about having a catchy idea, I just want to make a good video game. Saying the ideas suck is really weird because I used the broadest possible terms.

>"I want to make an RPG"
>"I want to make an RTS."
>"I want to make games that are already out better."
>"I want to make a second RPG"
>"Talking to people about something you made would be fun."

Unless you either hate the entire genre or were just saying they suck because they were vague, your post doesn't make any sense.

I don't like gimmicky shit. It gets boring after five minutes, all the ideas were just shit that I wanted to execute well. That post would make sense if my list was something like

>You will never make an RPG where all the wizards are clowns instead.
>You will never make a fighting game where the entire cast is octopuses.
>You will never make a dark souls metroidvania that's like minecraft but with skyrim
>You will never make an RTS except you're playing as firemen in a city and all the fire is actually cum.
>You will never make a quirky platforming game where your character is invisible and all the platforms are invisible and all the enemies are invisible.
>You will never make an MMO where you play as a cute anime girl with magic powers going to school

Otherwise you're just blowing shit into the air.
>>
>>384744175
I said your ideas are shit because chances are, that's the truth.
>>
>>384738463
really? has anyone ever made a Yugoslav civil war game that pays like red orchestra with propaganda music related to the country your playing?
>>
>>384738082
It can't be a good idea if you thought you could just learn it and make it yourself.

Protip: good games can't be made by less than 2 people.
>>
>>384744703
That's a silly statement, it's all about the scope.
>>
File: 1500257835647.gif (3MB, 264x313px) Image search: [Google]
1500257835647.gif
3MB, 264x313px
>>384738082
>>384742690

Try actually making it decently into early stages with a working model and setting, along with complete documentation for story and gameplay.

Then you realize none of the programmers actually like your idea and want numerous fundamental changes before aiding in visualizing it.
>>
I want to fuck Aoba.
>>
>>384744851
It was silly maybe 30-40 years ago when team sizes were still really small, sometimes just one guy. Not anymore. Standards change.
>>
>>384744860
i have this problem but with artists.
>>
>>384738670
SAUCE PLEASE
>>384738758
>>
File: you tell them.jpg (21KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
you tell them.jpg
21KB, 267x189px
>>384744703
>>
>>384738082
Is it actually a videogame idea?
Download gamemaker, make some games(it's not that hard) and look at your idea again. Whenever my friends tell me their ideas for videogames I ask them: but what's the game?
They never have an answer. They only think about the setting or some obscure details. Don't be like them.
>>
>>384739278
New Game
>>
>>384744450
If they were then it would be because I'm grossly underestimating technical limitations and very very likely unbelievably overestimating my own abilities. All of which I already know that I'm doing; the act of thinking is fun itself so I don't mind, I'm confident that if I was magically able to make everything exactly how I imagined it then it would be fun for me at least and that's all that I could ask for.

Even if they are shit it's a pretty useless post because you would only be incidentally correct.
>"I'm going to try to flip a coin in a way that makes it land on heads twice."
>"Chances are you won't."
Even from your perspective with me as some random person out of millions it's a pretty fucking silly thing to say when you think about it.

>>384744860
That's why I always imagined game development in an autistic basement timechamber. I would rather make nothing at all than make something that I wouldn't have fun playing myself. Nothing at all is also the path of least resistance though.
>>
>>384740482
Money well spent.
>>
>>384739410
>let it die
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.