[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I know before I start this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: cling.jpg (1MB, 1000x1724px) Image search: [Google]
cling.jpg
1MB, 1000x1724px
What should I know before I start this game?
>>
>>384735767
nothing really
>>
>>384735767
Don't rush to kill the leaders. Skills level up based on how much you use them, and if you rush through battles you'll fuck yourself later.
>>
What's a good beginner team? I hear Archers and Ninjas are overpowered.
>>
>>384735767
Archers and ninjas are broken, magicians too but only on late game
The more action a character makes during his turn, the longer he will have to wait before he acts again
Skill progression is based on how much you used them, and they take a long time to level up
Grinding isn't a good idea, the game will adapt to your level and your enemy will end up with better gear than you
Don't one shoot leaders, they generally have several lines of dialogues and will say them when they have a certain amount of HP
>>
File: LuCT_Ravness_Profile.png (47KB, 166x177px) Image search: [Google]
LuCT_Ravness_Profile.png
47KB, 166x177px
Follow your orders to recruit best girl.
>>
cling together
>>
File: 1444474935-1444474031742.jpg (174KB, 834x693px) Image search: [Google]
1444474935-1444474031742.jpg
174KB, 834x693px
>>384737076
Great taste anon.
Ozma is better though
>>
>>384736914
>Archers and ninjas are broken, magicians too but only on late game
Not OP but I literally started playing this game like yesterday and it looked like the complete opposite for me. Archers do piss poor damage and wizards do like 4x that with one good fireball to the face. Also fuck that necromancer.
>>
>>384737261
Like I said, the more action a character makes, the more he will have to wait, Archers don't move or very little, this will make them act more frequently, deal more damage and use their special deadly move more often. Also you can shoot you arrow farther than your range,equip the Trajectory skill to see how far you can truly shoot.
>>
>>384737261
>Archers do piss poor damage

But their range more than makes up for that.
>>
Money is pretty scarce throughout the campaign. It's better to use crafting to upgrade most of your equipment rather than buy new things as they become available. Save before you begin crafting, as some things have questionable (and redundant) success rates.

Consider giving a certain crutch character a crossbow early on, as it's weapon skills are superior to bows in the early-to-mid game.

Launchers/tossers (can't remember exact name) need to be equipped to give characters the ability to throw items ala FFT chemists. Items are super strong in this game, and are vastly superior to healing magic for most of the game.

Lastly, as much as I hate to say it, you might want to dig up a character recruitment/missable item guide, as this game has some downright cryptic conditions for recruiting certain characters.
>>
>>384737486
How do I unlock special moves?
>>
>>384737714
Equip the right weapon skill on your character and use him often, once you hit level 2/4/6/8 (max) on your skill you will unlock the special move associated to the weapon type. Canopus starts with his tier 1 finisher already unlocked.
>>
>>384737189
Where would I be without you, anon?
>>
File: 17663072.jpg (66KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
17663072.jpg
66KB, 600x600px
>>
>>384737261
>Archers do piss poor damage

They can also attack from half the map with proper elevation, and can attack often.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.