[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Penumbra series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (21KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
21KB, 460x215px
Did anybody enjoyed this serie ? Too bad this genra is dead.
>>
In what world is the genre of first person horror games with hide and seek elements dead?

Anyway, i really liked penumbra, more than amnesia.
>>
penumbra 1 and 2 are top tier, not sure why they never got the attention that amnesia got
>>
>>384726296
They came out before the big youtube letsplayer boom.
Thus they had way less marketing.
>>
How is it dead? You might not like the quality of the games but there are a lot.

RE7
Layers of Fear
SOMA
Alien Isolation
9999 indie/solo piece of shit horror games for youtubers
>>
>>384726224
i was talking about a first person survival horror game in a secret facility like in this game with lots of mysteries and the more you progress the more you discover about the Fucked up thing that happened. I really loved the atmosphere and too bad i can't find it in any other game.
>>
>>384726103
Frictional is still actively developing horror games, how is the genre dead
>>
>>384726296
Because watching youtubers hide in a closet from the monster in amnesia is a lot more entertaining than watching a youtuber fight dozens of zombie dogs with the shitty combat
>>
>you will never save amabel
>>
>>384726772
Frictional only develops walking simulators now.
>>
>>384727201
you should try the standalone mod for amnesia :
Penumbra Necrologue ; you'll know more about what happened to amabel.
>>
>>384727312
Penumbras were walking simulators.
>>
>>384726103
one was good
two was okay
three was...nothing
i didnt play the Amnesia mod
>>
>>384726103
My favorite is the second one because they removed the fucking combat completely.
>>
I've been listening to the sound tracks recently, they're really good.
>>
>>384726103
First was best. Second was okay, third was complete garbage.
>>
>>384728149
>he didn't bash the enemies with a box until they dropped dead
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.