[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does it get better? Is fast travelling gonna be a thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 3236763-9874933868-maxre.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3236763-9874933868-maxre.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
When does it get better? Is fast travelling gonna be a thing at some point? How do I make good money and ditch my rags already?
>>
>>384725202
Immediately unless you picked mage
yes, you will get an infinite use warpstone if you have the PC version as soon as you reach gran soren
kill big shit, loot big shit, or just play hard mode and enjoy gold out your ass
>>
>Is fast travelling gonna be a thing at some point?
Yes, but it takes a while and will be limited to a handful of locations (which is including the portal stones placed by yourself).

>How do I make good money and ditch my rags already?
Doing a few beginner quests in Gran Soren should get you quite a bit of money. Also, early on, you can just sell all those ingredients you come across. None of them are rare at this point, nor are they particularly useful.
>>
>>384725202

>Is fast travelling gonna be a thing at some point?
yes

> How do I make good money and ditch my rags already?
play hardmode, mobs drop big piles of gold sometimes
>>
>>384725202
If you're not really enjoying it after Gran Soren then I wouldn't bother continuing. You're in for much more of the same, but you unlock more ways to kill stuff.

You can fast travel once you hit Gran Soren. There's a forger on the south end of the map, he sells Ferrystones for 2000g each. Each are one time use and allow you to fast travel to any portcrystals. Major hubs have permanent portcrystals, but otherwise, you need to find your own Portcrystals. There are only 5 in the game, until you get to NG+, then you can buy them. The first one you get is in the Everfall dungeon underneath the pawn guild in Gran Soren.

Collecting meat is a great source of steady income. Make sure you let it spoil a little bit (aka "sour" scag of beast), but don't let it rot. It'll sell for triple its value. Same for fruit and pretty much any spoilable item. On a side note, moldy fruit (apples, grandgrapes) when combined with water flasks makes healing potions.

You won't be able to get big upgrades until further in the story. The mine to the west of Gran Soren has a vendor that sells the best early game equipment afaik, but you gotta clear it out first, and that involves taking on 3 Ogres. (I did it at about level 25).
>>
>>384726240
My post applies more to PS3 version. I always forget PC got one too.
>>
It doesn't get better unless you enjoy grinding and combat relying solely on stats.
So unless you're a tremendous faggot you should just drop it.
>>
help where do i buy new spells, i forgot
>>
It never gets better
>>
Making your toon is fun at least
>>
File: 1500314255594.jpg (14KB, 324x451px) Image search: [Google]
1500314255594.jpg
14KB, 324x451px
>>384725202
This fucking meme again.
>>
>>384726487
drop living
faggot
>>
>>384725202
fast travel is a thing once you've explored enough of the map to put portcrystals everywhere preventing you from needing to walk places.

you'll make good money eventually no matter what you do, but you can do lots of quests for money, go to hard mode and kill anything there, etc.
>>
>>384725202
It gets better when you feel the wind pushing you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Or if you prefer, when you see the Dragon's Dogma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkkVTsayko
>>
>>384726167
>play hardmode, mobs drop big piles of gold sometimes

hard mode is really hard at the beginning though
>>
Game gets better once you get more skills and get to expand on the ways you can fight.

You have to use ferrysones for fast travel. Buy them from the forgery shop or Fournival.

Get money from questing and selling weapons/armor you find in the field but aren't going to use. Make sure to visit the quest boards in Cassidris and the bulwark periodically.
>>
File: Godly Analeptic.jpg (3KB, 90x104px) Image search: [Google]
Godly Analeptic.jpg
3KB, 90x104px
>>384728302
I'll scale it and strike from above!
>>
What's the best class and why is it Magick Archer?
>>
What is the Seneschel and why do I kill myself?

And why do I do absolutely no damage to the Eliminators and Elder Ogres in Bitter? I'm an MK by the way.
>>
>>384729778
Class doesn't matter. If your attack isn't high enough you won't scratch an enemy, the only way to overcome it is by leveling up and getting better weapons.
>>
File: Eliminated.webm (3MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
Eliminated.webm
3MB, 700x392px
>>384729778
The Seneschal is a former Arisen who defeated the dragon, fought through the Everfall, discarded his mortal life, challenged and defeated the previous Seneschal and took their place as custodian of the world - without whom all humans would become like pawns and the world would gradually cease to exist, as they are the source of the world's 'will to live'. The entire ordeal the Arisen goes through is a test to find someone with enough willpower to sustain the whole world, which you achieve by fighting through to the end of the game.

You kill yourself with the Godsbane because you want to try and break the eternal cycle and free both yourself from having to live for thousands or tens of thousands of years, powering the world until your very will to live is drained out and you become an exhausted shell yearning only for death, and the world from having to endure the endless hardship of the dragon's test - however a number of facts make it unclear whether you were actually successful. Firstly, in the final screens showing your Arisen's name in what appears to be a list of Seneschals, there are entries both before and after your name. Secondly, if you restart the game on NG+ it skips the tutorial but still shows the 'and countless lifetimes come to pass' - if you then reach the Seneschal while in offline mode, it's no longer Savan as it was the first time but your Arisen and Pawn exactly as they were when you beat NG (which is pretty conclusive in my opinion). Lastly, Savan himself draws the Godsbane from his own chest before handing it to you, implying he also tried stabbing himself with it and probably that every Seneschal has tried it as some point, only to find they can't kill themselves and can only be freed by another worthy Arisen. Which is a pretty depressing ending, but that's what happens when you deal with eternity.

And Eliminators are like that because they eliminate.
>>
Hey guys, I'm about 15 hours in and I'm not enjoying it much, just finished the Everfall or something quest but I'm not motivated enough to keep playing. Should I continue?
>>
>>384732030
No, you should give up and turn back
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.