[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1492373345323.jpg (381KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1492373345323.jpg
381KB, 2000x2000px
Dark Souls 2 has such a special feel/atmosphere.
It introduced so many mechanics/improvements to the series.
It feels a lot different than any other entry. Hell, even Bloodborne is more similar to Dark/Demon's Souls than Dark Souls 2.
All the other Dark Souls and Bloodborne felt like a Demon's Souls rehash -not necessarily a bad thing- but Dark Souls 2 felt like a new fresh non-rehashed entry, and whether you liked it or not, it should be appreciated it for what it did.
Why does /v/ hate it?
>>
File: 1500667458072.jpg (460KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1500667458072.jpg
460KB, 2000x2000px
>>384711434
Fixed your image OP. Doesn't matter if DS 2 did interesting things if the actual gameplay is ass, espicially compared to other souls games
>>
File: titt.jpg (82KB, 844x473px) Image search: [Google]
titt.jpg
82KB, 844x473px
>>384711434
Dark souls II:
>go to this building,
>take elevator that goes upwards
>end up at a river of lava

Literally unplayable
>>
>>384711434
F L Y I N G L A V A C A S T L E
L
Y
I
N
G

L
A
V
A

C
A
S
T
L
E
>>
>>384711434
Shit taste
>>384711928
Swap DS2 and DS3 and you're good IMO. 2 isn't really a rehash. If anything, it deviates too much and in stupid ways. I know tons of normie scum that love DS2, too.
>>
>>384711434
>Dark Souls 2 has such a special feel/atmosphere.

It gave me the same feel as Devil May Cry 2 did in 2003.
>>
>>384712163
>>384712743
Autism.
>>
>>384712813
DaS 2 as "overrated normie tier" makes even less sense, at least some elements of DaS 2 are rehashes from the first game. It's a very specific shitpost list so it's hard to fix quickly
>>
>>384713070
>liking ds2
>not autism.
>>
>>384712996
I couldn't have found better words myself
>>
I actually played ds2 longer than ds3. Pvp in ds2 was great. It also made invaders to be good at the game. When I invaded in ds2 I played way smarter.
>>
DaS2fags are the only souls community who need to validate their opinion all the time.
I wonder why they're so insecure about their favorite souls game.
>>
>>384711434
>Dark Souls 2 has such a special feel
The kind you need Pepto-Bismol for.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>384712743
>>384712163
>keep jumping down 500 foot holes
>end up on top of the world
Did you guys play DS3?
>>
>>384713449
I spent at least 200 hours playing exclusively bell cunt hunter in DS2 and i havent found a game that lets me do something similar no matter how hard i try.
>>
>>384713731
>he thinks we don't hate ds3
I unironically, and honestly think ds3 is the worst in the series. at least ds2 had proper combat even with all the shit it fucked up, Like, adp, and soul memory were bad attempts to fix a problem, they fucked up horribly, but they tried to fix a legit problem the games had. When playing through ds2, it felt like someone tried and failed. DS3 felt like someone gave up, and said fuck it why bother.
DS2 is trash though, don't get me wrong, but it fucking tried at least.
>>
>>384713731
That's not what the actual ring city looks like, it's an illusion maintained by the girl and the egg. You actually jumped down 500 foot holes and end up in a sand-filled wasteland
>>
How can DaS3 be worse than BB if its an improvement from it on almost every way?
>>
>>384714818

People eat up lovecraftian shit like a dog does his own feces.
>>
>>384714818
Because it's not. It has worse levels, shitty roll spam, and horrible lack of weapon balance
>>
Good tier
Dark Souls 1
Demon's Souls
Bloodborne

P O W E R G A P

Not very good tier
Dark Souls 2

P O W E R G A P

Bad tier
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>384714818
because everything you just said isn't true at all
>>
>>384714818
I honestly didn't like BB that much, the shitty small weapon variety, mixed with rapid fire combat, and endless attack spam from enemies just didn't feel like a FROMsoft game,And it just doesn't work that well in one.
>>
>>384711434
>It introduced so many mechanics/improvements to the series.
Yeah, you could finally repair the ring of life protection for almost nothing and they also thankfully placed the one, who can do that, right in the main hub, where no one will kill you. And thank god, you can now warp right from the start to that main hub too.

Only breaks the main mechanic of souls games, nothing major.

>underrated masterpiece tier
kek
>>
>>384715923
>endless attack spam from enemies
if you used this as a complaint against a souls game and I didn't know which one you were talking about, I would have assumed you were talking about dark souls 2

aside from bosses in BB, you can interrupt any enemy to stop them from attacking so it really isn't an issue
>>
>>384715765
Ascended From Shit Tier List Tier
Dark Souls 3
>>
>>384716306
Yeah, it's not that bad with normal enemies, but jesus fucking christ the bosses. they never.stop.attacking. every single one of them. When I first started I assumed that was going to be the gimmick for the beasts, because hey, blood crazed monsters, super aggressive right? then fucking everything was like that.
>>
it's actually been a few years since i played any of the games in general.
went back and loaded up a NG+ base level character on dark 1, got to the tomb of the giants and i forgot how scary the game could be.
i forgot to dig out a lantern from my box, so i had to take everything slow and careful and would freak out when a giant skeleton would just run out of the darkness
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.