[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Ultimate OC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: latest.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>trailer starts with an AMV
>edgy theme song
>faster and stronger than Sonic
>edgy voice acting
>his fucking name

They had to have done this on purpose. There is no way in hell this is merely a coincidence.
>>
File: 1500569241790.jpg (38KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
1500569241790.jpg
38KB, 600x460px
>>384706857
What software did they use to make that AMV?
>>
>>384706857
Of course it's all on purpose. Now the only thing left is having a Sonichu cameo.
>>
File: 4e2.png (313KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
4e2.png
313KB, 557x605px
>>384706857
I fucking love it bros. Edgy over-the-top Sonic is the best Sonic. It's about time the games embraced it like the Boom cartoon did.
>>
>>384706857
Honestly even if it's not on purpose who cares? It's hilarious and perfect.
>>
>>384706857
I'm questioning whether it's just the Sega of America team doing the ironic stuff.
>>
>>384707095
Cameo? He's already the main character.
>>
File: Iizuka The Idiot.jpg (19KB, 478x359px) Image search: [Google]
Iizuka The Idiot.jpg
19KB, 478x359px
>all of these idiots thinking this is done ironically

These are the same people who made fucking Sonic 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog. Japanese Sonic Team is very different than the meme-spouting Sega of America. Iizuka is doing all of this thinking its actually cool, and not ironically.

Also all of the vocals for this game sound like shit, Jesus Christ they sound fucking bad.
>>
>>384707443
Now their irony is blending in with their serious marketing.
>>
>>384706857
>edgy theme song
It's not just edgy, it's as ridiculously Linkin Park tier nu-metal as possible and it's glorious.
>>
>>384706857
>>384707095
>>384707350
This. The game is OBVIOUSLY being made to appeal to the deviantart audience that made tons of OCs through all these years.
SEGA knows their fan.
Just look at the Sonic Boom show: full of references about the fandom and even stupid shit like a Chris Chan insert and jokes about the color of the arms.
Heck, even the Sonic Twitter page is pure gold.
You can't say that Sega failed this time. This is the purest form of fanservice, and in my opinion the best one possible, because it's all the stuff the fans wanted.
>>
>>384707685
Do we know who's writing it? If it's the Colors, Generations, and Lost World writers, we'll know that there's some cheekiness in the presentation. I doubt they'll make a total farce out of it, but it will definitely be more self aware than the past attempts at darker stories.
>>
File: Iizuka.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Iizuka.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>384707835
The game is being directed by fucking Iizuka. Sonic Boom and the Twitter account are by people in the US who know Sonic is a fucking meme, Sonic Team still thinks Sonic is hot shit and cool with the kids. The VAs will ham it up, but Sonic Team will play it completely straight and unironic.

Remember, these are the guys who basically made you fight fucking Satan in Sonic 06 and made Shadow the Hedgehog to be cool with the teens. Acting like they know what they're doing is is fucking edgy and dumb is giving them way, way too much credit.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks unironic edge and cheesiness is way better than them actually trying to "ironically" made it edgy?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.