[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

APOLOGIZE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 505
Thread images: 84

File: 56867.jpg (82KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
56867.jpg
82KB, 800x450px
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>384706656

Finished that game the other day. Not a bad game, but the story and excessive use of the Batmobile made it disappointing.
>>
>>384706656
I won't
the port is still hot fucking trash
once you are past 80% in the game, the stuttering is surreal from districts

and it is all because of Denuvo
>>
>>384706656
For what? It's a shit game for retards
>>
>>384708373
nobody cares about pcbros. take a hint.
>>
>>384707681
they shoved the batmobile down your throat because otherwise you would realize it's just the same game as arkham city
>>
>>384708373
>>384706656
PCport still seems pretty shit.
>>
>>384707681
>>384708687
the batmboile wasnt that bad. Apologize right now.
>>
When do they release the version with all the DLC included?
>>
File: 1414437710806.jpg (85KB, 977x436px) Image search: [Google]
1414437710806.jpg
85KB, 977x436px
The Batmobile controlled perfectly, but tank mode was lame and far, far overused. The story was fine but I don't remember Scarecrow feeling as important as he should have.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
Pyg side quest was the best mission in the entire game. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>384709459
I think it's called Deluxe edition, at least on Steam.
>>
>>384708968
Batmobile was forced and comprised a lot of the game. I'd rather fight Deathstroke face to face instead of fight off a bunch of drones for five minutes, who line up their shots like pool, and then I move away at the last second. Then when they fire a missile you hit right bumper. It's so repetitive.
>>384709659
He needed more power tools, but I agree.

It really would've been a legitimately good twist that the Arkham Knight was really Hush, with Bruce Wayne's face. It would've been a clever reversal of the "twist" in the Hush comic book, where Jason's seemingly revealed to be Hush at one part in the story. Using it without the Clayface twist would've been a good surprise, as opposed to denying that he's Jason Todd and then revealing it at the last minute by announcing Red Hood DLC before the game's out. As it stands, the story and gameplay's a disappointment with some good bits in between, like Pyg or Man-Bat.
>>
>>384707681
It feels so weird to have all that Batmobile gameplay.

Seems like they decided they wanted to finally bring the game to Gotham, open world and all, and someone on the dev team said "Well, we need the Batmobile then".

Then you have a small team trying to incorporate the mechanic in the game for it not to be just a blander way to traverse the map. Lets face it, the game is better when you are gliding around gotham feeling like Batman,

Those tank missions and platforming witht he Batmobile where horrible and out of place.
>>
>>384709467
He felt like a bargain Joker.
>>
>>384711038
What they should've done is find a way to make the grappling mechanic more fun, as opposed to just mashing R1 and X or A repeatedly. Or work on gliding, as well. The Batmobile is a dumb gimmick, few people play a Batman game to shoot at things.
>>
>>384711208
Yeah, but I guess traversal is just not Batman's thing.

Hard to make him feel fluid and still feel like a tank. High hopes for the new Spidey game to get their swinging right.
>>
>don't actually fight Arkham Knight, just have vehicle battles with him and a glorified predator section
>don't actually fight Deathstroke, just have the exact fight you had with Knight before
>Two-Face is a predator section and goes down like a normal goon
>Firefly is just 3 QTE sections
>Man-Bat is just a puzzle
>only one to have a proper boss fight is the Pyg and the literally who giant nigger Joker
I enjoyed Arkham Knight but what the literal fuck? The Most Wanted DLC added some much needed confrontations but that came way too late.
>>
File: adzyQ.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
adzyQ.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
>that shit story
>that non existent ending that concludes nothing, even if you get 100%
>those hamfisted Batmobile sections
>that lack of boss fights
>those fucking Riddler trophies

I apologize for nothing.
>>
I got it for 10 buck yesterday, was I scammed?
>>
>play game till 240% completion
>unlock the prestige suit with gold lining
>game can't be restarted on that file
>only choice is to start a new save file where you don't have the suit
What was the point? Fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>384711929
Apologize to her.
>>
>>384712042
its still pretty fun dude just that the batmobile sections are pretty off putting at times. theres some pretty cool new features to combat and gadgets. if you like the challenge map portions then you'll have alot of fun with that. personally the predator ar challenges are one of my favorite things about the arkham series.
>>
map gud?
>>
>>384713889
what do you mean?
>>
>>384708563
i paid 4 bucks for the game
and I could even refund it if I wanted too
>>
>>384713889
It's okay. Definitely doesn't feel like a city though. Everything is just so densely packed that it kinda feels more like a theme park.
>>
File: 1377308133191.gif (954KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1377308133191.gif
954KB, 320x240px
>>384708968
>>384706656

HERE COMES AN EPIC DEATHSTROKE FIGHT BABY

>Batmobile fight
>>
File: 1412140512468.gif (2MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1412140512468.gif
2MB, 400x286px
>>384711646
>giant nigger Joker
Yeah, oddly enough the best part of the game.
>>
What is the best ending to this questline?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctPk4GZRnbA
>>
I enjoyed Arkham Knight. It might not be as good as City, and is on par with Asylum, but I liked how they ended everything and it was fairly solid overall.
>>
>>384715975
>destroy the tank
>awwww yis here comes the REAL fight
>Deathstroke is knocked out and you just take him to GCPD
>>
>>384711038
>>384711208
Ditching the tank mode and keeping the Batmobile as a way to quickly traverse the city would have been fine. Rolling around in the car was really fun, it handled like a dream. The battank felt out of place because Batman doesn't shoot real guns at people, the Batmobile is an anti-riot vehicle, not a literal tank. If Batman had to fight tanks and shit in the Batmobile it would be by sneaking around and nonlethally disabling them, not blowing them up.
>>
>>384715975
>>384716348
i just did that part for the first time last night an yea it was pretty poorly handled. wasnt he at least main villian in Origins though?
>>
>>384716528
>wasnt he at least main villian in Origins though?
Barely. I can't really recall since I last played Origins when it was new, but I think you only fight him either once or twice in the whole game. He remains in prison before reappearing in the ending where he's recruited into the Suicide Squad.
>>
>>384707681
>>384708687
>>384708968
>>384715975
>>384716528
>>384716348
Speaking of tanks, why didn't they put at least a few thugs in those fucking tanks. Batman doesn't try to kill after all. It would've given him a bitch of a time dealing with them.
>>
File: IMG_2491.jpg (126KB, 530x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2491.jpg
126KB, 530x810px
>>384706656
For what?
The combat was great, muh based tag teams, muh nightwing, Robin, and Red Hood were good

However, boss fights were terrible. It was literally a giant bat mobile simulator.

Yeah, think again buddy
>>
>>384712042
for 10 buckaroos its a pretty fun game
>>
>>384712042
I'm in this thread complaining about parts of the game but overall its fun to play just isnt what it couldve been. for 10 bucks its worth it.
>>
>>384716965
>put thugs in tanks
>Batman just EMP darts or hacks or throws tank caltrops or remote-disables the ammo or drains their batteries with a bat tow cable or some other shit
he's batman
>>
File: 1499648231270.jpg (30KB, 696x481px) Image search: [Google]
1499648231270.jpg
30KB, 696x481px
>>384716348
Can you imagine if they'd actually gave you a choice to either drive him to a specific arena location where you would fight him one on one because why not, it's Batman's last night as far as story concerned at that point. Or just straight to GCPD if you don't want to fight him because you're above this shit.
Everything in the third act was so rushed I'm surprised game actually had an ending.
>>
If they didn't fuck up the Arkham Knight twist into being the most obvious fucking person then it would have been a lot better.

The twist with Barbara was handled fairly and you can notice it if you pay close attention to that particular scene.

And every single thing with Joker was great with him mentally stalking you everywhere and shittalking constantly. Being able to encounter him just hanging out on a rooftop was neat.
>>
>>384717462
>you can notice it if you pay close attention to that particular scene.

Joker moving the pistol?
>>
>>384706656
Absolutely not. They promised it was a new character. They fucking lied. Origins had a better story and boss fights anyway
>>
>>384717462
>So who do you save, Bats? The incompetent friend who got herself kidnapped, or the incompetent friend who got herself kidnapped? It's a hard choice, I know, but I think you should go after Catwoman. It's not like you can save all of Barbara anyway. I killed half of her already!
>>
>>384717193
>Put thugs in tanks.
>Batman has to take time to manually disable the tanks without killing the person inside, then potentially handle the thug inside.

>Make tanks with remote control.
>Batman just blows it up and goes on with his day.

One option seems more inconvenient than the other. I'm just saying.
>>
>>384717575
Yep. That was the tell.
>>
>Batman honks his horn or turns on a siren or something as he drives around Gotham
>thugs have time to dive off the streets in time to avoid the Batmobile
No need to literally run them over jesus, doesn't that kill people?
>>
>>384717795
I do wonder what actually happened in there. Barbara had to be in there even if she didn't kill herself. Did Scarecrow just zap her with something?
>>
>>384717678
I wouldn't have minded the reveal if they had done it sooner and made him Red Hood from the start. The point of Jason's character isn't Batman trying to figure out who he is, it's Batman struggling with the knowledge that he failed his surrogate son. Dragging Jason into the story doesn't work if you don't have Batman learn the truth only just before the whole story ends. It defeats the point.
>>
File: RaymondUnderhill.jpg (138KB, 846x1198px) Image search: [Google]
RaymondUnderhill.jpg
138KB, 846x1198px
This guy literally did nothing wrong. What was Batmans problem?
>>
>>384717907
>charge into a thug with a tank at 90mph
>electrocute him on contact too for the heck of it
>"I don't kill"
Fucking hell Bats.
>>
>>384712981
>>384717053
>>384717189
ok, Ill play it once I'm done with Nier A and Yakuza 0
>>
>>384717575
>Lock up Robin in his cuck shed
>Tell him Barb is dead, destroys him
>Come back in the endgame, still locked up
>Tell him Barb is alive, destroys him a second time

Savagery.

I like how they handle the situation if you do decide to lock yourself up first. Fear is a powerful motivator.
>>
>>384717678
It is a new character sort of. Arkham Knight is new, but not Jason.
>>
>>384718338
Seems like such a way to handle the difficulty of how to clear the streets of thugs prior to Batman hitting them.
>>
>>384711646
batham has never had good boss fights, even the ones in arkham city sucked

part of the problem is that the combat doesn't really lend itself well to boss fights
>>
>>384717575
oh wow. i noticed that part at the time but it didnt click for me because i was getting nervous for Barbra. that was pretty cool now that im hearing about it again
>>
>>384717678
>Origins had a better story and boss fights anyway

FUCK ARKHAM ORIGINS

>Despite taking what could potentially be 20 years to develop and multiple in-game training sessions to earn, Batman has the Grapnel Shot. Not even a prototype, it’s just the Grapnel Shot.
>No attempt to improve combat like from City to Asylum. In fact, it’s somehow worse.
>Blatant reused animations.
>Different Robins fight exactly the same way.
>Killer Croc of all people is now an assassin.
>A potentially interesting plot involving an underrepresented villain in the series gets pushed aside for a really bad twist that takes those expectations and blows a runny dump on them.
>Deathstroke is hyped to Hell and back, yet you only fight him once as an early boss. All that’s left are the Deathstroke challenges, which would be much better if he wasn’t just Robin 1 ½.
>>
>>384718134
Not really sure myself. Bats is already well fucked up already not just from getting gassed in that room but from his previous bat family failure with Jason. It probably wouldn't take a whole lot to shake him up over that.

Not to mention he took a fucking massive amount of liquid fear serum straight to the veins back in Asylum in addition to the gassing. That plus the Titan exposure from City has surely fucked him up over the long term.
>>
>>384717678
>>384718716
>I'm the Riddler, and I just so happen to have a master plan for the exact same day as the Joker.
>I'm Anarky, and I just so happen to have a master plan for the exact same day as the Riddler.
>I'm the Mad Hatter, and I just so happen to have a master plan for the exact same day as the Anarky.
>I’m Calendar Man, and I DON’T have a master plan for the exact same day as Anarky, even though I’m fucking Calendar Man! (Don’t give me that, “He just got out of jail” bullshit; this was an obvious addition that they completely dropped the ball on.)
>Characters are criminally underrepresented aside from Bane and Joker. Hell, even Black Mask doesn't get enough attention, and he's SUPPOSED to be the main baddy.
>Glue grenade.
>The Riddler's data packs end with no proper resolution. He just leaves; no capture, no “I’ll get my revenge” one liners, he just fucks off before you show up, and you get a little "fuck you" Riddler trophy. IT'S NOT EVEN THE ASYLUM VERSION. They just copy pasted the more modern City version, even though this game took place nearly a decade ago.
>Prior to the city's lock down, there were NO CIVILIANS. No late night workers, no Jews, not even people to save.
>No online for the Wii U version. Online was buggy as hell anyways, but that’s beside the point.
>DLC cancelled for the Wii U version.

>NO CONDIMENT KING! Which unfortunately is a fault with all Batman games. I blame Nolan.
>>
>>384718397
>tell him Barb is alive but don't let him out
That shit was hilarious.

>>384718680
I know and this game was likely the last time for them to get it right. Instead they didn't even try.
>that the combat doesn't really lend itself well to boss fights
I disagree. The times where you actually do have a proper fight like Pyg, the nigger Joker and Killer Croc in the DLC were great. They didn't do anything spectacular at all but at least they were fights.
>>
>>384718397
I honestly kinda disliked how hallucinations worked in this game. Like when you have to look other way for shit and characters to appear, even though there isn't anything to look at and it's never communicated. I think I stood a dozen of times like retard thinking why isn't anything happening for it to click later on that "oh yeah, I have to turn around for it to spawn."
>>
File: 1475291020423.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475291020423.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
AK is severely underrated. The details in this game are amazing and the graphics are top notch. Story is cool and there are a lot of nice characters. Yes the batmobile was a little bit too much but I liked it because the thing felt so nice to drive and shoot.
>>
How does /v/ feel about AK ending with Tim and Barbara getting married, and Nora Fries getting unfrozen?
>>
>>384706656
>story is fucking retarded
>writing sucks ass for everything but the Joker
>combat introduces so many enemy types that all look to similar and can't be attacked from the front it becomes a hassle
>there are next to no predator rooms
>60% of the game is Batmobile when it should probably be around 20%
>introduce too many characters that disappear quickly just so they can resurface at the end
>scale of the city is somehow fucked up, although the tallest building has like 200 stories, it's still appears small as hell
>main story is too long, more than half of it is filler (it's like 5 filler missions, 1 main story mission, then 5 filler missions again, 1 main story mission)
>side quests are too much, did it really have to be 30 firefighters, 10 penguin vans, like 200 towers/blockades/mines and about a thousand riddler trophies? game is already too long for what the gameplay offers
>season of infamy DLC (got the complete edition in a sale for 20 bucks) is fine although it makes an already too long game even longer
>other DLC missions are a fucking joke, who wants to play 10 minutes as harley quinn, 5 minutes as red hood and half an hour as batgirl? what's the point
>challenge maps are somehow worse than in every other Batman game
>>
>>384706656
I'm sorry you were given a shit PC port as I really enjoyed playing you... yes even the fucking Batmobile.
>>
>>384719194
I was fine with how Fries played out. All the interactions with Fries in City wouldn't have meant much if they just went with the same thing about keeping Nora on ice forever in the next game.

Gives them both some closure and was a good scene. Shame Fries will almost assuredly kill himself when Nora dies but at least they have the end together.
>>
>>384719091
driving around at max speed with the thursters active and ejecting yourself into the sky with the max upgrade is amazing.
>>
File: 1447803684614.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447803684614.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
>>384719969
Yea, it just feels amazing all around. The gameplay is topnotch and it sounds like a meme but you really feel like you are batman and that's right.
>>
>>384719091
>Story is cool
The story of Arkham Knight was very muddied. It was so unfocused. What is the main conflict of AK? Is it Scarecrow and his fear toxin? Is it Todd coming to fuck Batman's shit up? Is it the Joker fucking Batman's mind up? The story can't make up its mind, and the whole thing suffers for it. For example, Scarecrow's role in the story was to be a vehicle to get Todd into Gotham and the Joker into Batman's head. That was his big contribution to the story. After you BTFO his plan in chemical plant, his job in the narrative is done, and all further involvement in it just distracts from the big conflicts he helped set up. It's especially egregious to hear him keep mouthing off at Batman over the city's TVs even after Batman foils 3 of his master plans all in the span of a single night. Similarly, Todd feels very impotent -- he's meant to be a big threat to Batman but because Scarecrow won't shut up and go away he can't do anything. He spends the whole time yelling at you COME FIGHT ME OLD MAN I MEAN IT I'LL FUCK YOU UP I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU FAG TRY SOMETHING but he never fucking DOES anything until after Scarecrow gets BTFO for a second time, at which point the game is 70% over. Think about how much screentime that stole from him. We waste so much time stopping Fear Toxin plans #2 and #3, when we could have been fighting Todd and whatever his master plans would have been. Actually make the fact that he dragged a whole fucking army into Gotham matter and be the focus of a masterplan or something. His questline is never actually resolved, either. The reveal that he's Todd happens way to late in the game for it to be meaningful in Batman's struggles with keeping his family safe, and it never gets closure. He helps Batman escape Scarecrow's final trap, and then what? Where are the scenes of Batman and the others meeting up with him, deciding what to do with him, reconciling with him? He just fucks off and kills Black Mask. Lame.
>>
File: bastard.jpg (32KB, 146x177px) Image search: [Google]
bastard.jpg
32KB, 146x177px
I want to know how they have still have yet to make the port not complete shit.
>>
>>384717907
>Batman turns on a siren when he drives into a populated zone
>"Sir, what's that for?"
>"When they hear this, they know to get out of the way or I'll hit them with the microwave cannons."
>Batmobile rounds a corner to find all the would-be rioters standing nervously on the sidewalk as he drives past
What would the Batmobile's siren sound like?
>>
>>384718269
>let Firefly in
>nothing wrong
He would have burned down literally the whole city. I can understand working with someone like Penguin or Twoface in "renovating" some old buildings in order to unlawfully expedite the process of building fresh mob-controlled properties or something, but Firefly's deranged.
>>
Honestly, it was incredible. Not perfect, but the whole experience is so goddamn immersive. The atmosphere and "feel" of it all is spot on. Nice variety of side missions and abilities. They did well.
>>
>>384720075
thats a scary clown
>>
>>384720151
>He just fucks off and kills Black Mask. Lame.
Doesn't that happen prior to the main story? He did that so that Black Mask couldn't leak out at all that AK was really Todd. Tying up a loose end since the dude didn't want in on the master plan to take down Batman.
>>
>>384720075
>you really feel like you are batman and that's right.

I hate this retarded meme. This is exactly what the arkham games get wrong unless youre a retarded casual. Not a single actually good portrayal of batman shows him as the batgod that you find in the arkhamverse. Im still waiting for the day where I get my ground zeroes/ chaos theory with batman and a lieu of well designed missions in asylums, prisons, sewers etc instead of an empty open world
>>
>>384718269
Motherfucker let Firefly loose in the city and it almost got his entire crew killed. I mean, he's no supervillain but that shit was still wrong.
>>
>>384720542
how did it play out again? its been a while since i played so all i remember is some kind of deal they made. i think. where did he let him in?
>>
>>384720703
I already said it may sounds like a meme.

And the games make you feel like batman. All those gadget and tricks you can do. the fucking batmobile and detective stuff. How is this not batman?
>>
>>384720703
>I want the Christopher Nolan fight scene experience -- Anon 384720703, who has no taste
>>
>>384720839
If I remember correctly he told Firefly which buildings to torch, then made sure there weren't any people in it and that any fire suppression systems were deactivated.
>>
File: 319340.jpg (709KB, 1000x1373px) Image search: [Google]
319340.jpg
709KB, 1000x1373px
>>384720862
>How is this not batman?

Batman is human unlike the thing in the arkhamverse that can take on 50 thugs alone. The gadgets are a neat gameplay element but they are glorified combo tools 99% of the time or are used in riddler puzzles (which never actually has anything to do with figuring out the correct gadgets yourself). The games feel extremely floaty and actiony and the environment is merely a background instead of a gameplay element (like in a proper stealth game, here the stealth segments are just particular encounters with gargoyles littered around the room)

I dont hate the arkham series and I regularly replay them all but they certainly arent the optimal batman experience for anyone that actually cares about the character

>>384721025
I guess the animated series came out before you were born? Although Id gladly take link related over whatever the arkham games are offering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqLDCIZ1DIs
>>
>>384720703
Completely disagree, it's faithful to the "feel" of the universe and I was not even expecting that before diving in.
>>
>>384720862
This. I don't know what people want. It felt like it was made with a lot of love and dedication to the series. Such a great game.
>>
>>384721279
>Batman is human unlike the thing in the arkhamverse that can take on 50 thugs alone.
Yes, and he is portrayed like that in every fucking media.
Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>384721279
>link related
First off this is almost literally a predator sequence from the games, just from the perspective of the thugs, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here. Second, unironically linking fights from Nolan's films kind of invalidates your opinion because Nolan is fucking terrible at them and it means your taste is garbage.
>>
>>384706656
Why should i?
i didn say anything bad of the game first because i didn had a good enough pc to play it, after i got one i got the game for a fraction of the fukl price and it was a fun as fuck experience, i like it more than than city or asylum. and it runs perfectly fine now
>>
>>384721279
>Batman is human unlike the thing in the arkhamverse that can take on 50 thugs alone
That's what batman is like, senpai. What are you thinking.
>>
>>384721412
>>384721764
>Yes, and he is portrayed like that in every fucking media.
>Are you mentally challenged?

No he isnt fucking retard. Almost every batman story/ continuity worth anything portrays batman as a flawed character. The batgod meme is a new thing and mainly spawned from crossover comics (see: justice league) where batman needs to be potrayed as being on the level of metahumans. Every single high profile batman comic (the killing joke, the dark knight returns, the long halloween, arkham asylum, year one) he is mostly hiding and running away/ outsmarting his enemies instead of being able to take everyone out with his fists. 99% of the fights in something like the animated series are him struggling with even two thugs. I fucking hate this board

>>384721572
>First off this is almost literally a predator sequence from the games

Somewhat agreeable but with all the "gamey" elements removed from it, which is exactly what serious stealth games tend to look like in action

>Nolan is fucking terrible at them and it means your taste is garbage.

I dont give a fuck about fistfighting because its not something batman should be primarily focused on. if its going to be in it should be something akin to CQC in MGS4/ GZ
>>
>>384721860
You are a fucking idiot. Batman pretty much always is a batgod.
>>
>>384721860
>fistfighting people isn't something that Batman is focused on
What did he mean by this?

>"""gamey""" elements
What did he mean by this?

Also I'm loving every laugh about your insistence about MUCH DARK AND GRITTY REALISM. You are aware that this is capeshit, right?
>>
>>384718269
Well for starters, he's a nog.
>>
>>384720703

>Not a single actually good portrayal of batman shows him as the batgod that you find in the arkhamverse.

The only reason of why arkhamverse Batman could be considered a batgod is because of his endurance, but hey, he's still a superhero, it's just another depiction of Batman and i think it's valid.

>well designed missions in asylums, prisons, sewers

I agree mostly with Origins, the open world was horrible, the worst i've seen in my life for several reasons. Knight open world was necessary, for the Batmobile, and the city was lively and fun to explore.
>>
>>384720419
The Batman 1989 theme.
>>
>>384706656
unplayable at release. I'm glad I was able to get a refund and then buy it later after it was fixed for $10. Pretty good game.
>>
>>384721978
give five portrayals of him that didnt come out in the last 10 years where that is the case

>>384722005
>What did he mean by this?

so confirmed for not knowing anything about the character? stick to watching snydershit and playing arkham games fucking kiddo

>>"""gamey""" elements
>What did he mean by this?

conveniently placed gargoyles, completely unrealistic environment in proportions and looks

>Also I'm loving every laugh about your insistence about MUCH DARK AND GRITTY REALISM. You are aware that this is capeshit, right?

where did I mention "dark and gritty realism" you fucking idiot? However, dark and gritty is exactly what batman is and has been ever since he stepped out of the silver age. Realism on the other hand is the one thing that potentially separates him from the average capeshit. Youre a retarded clown who actively opposes a character/ a brand growing and improving because your brony tier manchild brain wouldnt be able to handle adult entertainment. No wonder youre defending the arkham games as an actually good potrayal of the character
>>
>>384721860

>I dont give a fuck about fistfighting because its not something batman should be primarily focused on.

He fist fights all the time. One of the few times he didn't was in the animated series, and i bet it was just because censorship issues, he started punching people in the New Batman Adventures and even before in the more violent Mask of the Panthasm.
>>
>>384721860
Did you play the game? It's mostly about how flawed Batman is. They basically say it outright, over and over again. He fucks up several times. The whole thing practically revolves around this concept. You missed that?!

Also, bat mobile missions aside, for at least the last half of the game, you're mostly hiding and outsmarting enemies once they start getting stronger. Much like the comics...
>>
Did you like this addition to the game?
>>
>>384722284

>conveniently placed gargoyles

Fucking agree, they should be removed with the hard mode.

>completely unrealistic environment in proportions and looks

Eh, i need an example of this, i don't follow you.
>>
>>384721860
I actually did have a problem with this tbqh desu.
Seeing Batman take on a dozen thugs in City seems fair, like "this is a bit much, but he's the Batman, so 1 v 12 seems reasonable" but seeing him take on literally 30 guys at a time if he's going through the streets just seemed goofy. And him taking down 6 armed men by pouncing out of somewhere just seemed goofy. Fear takedowns should have been reserved to three thugs unless you use a smoke pellet or something.
>>
>>384722452
it happened so rarely I kind of forgot it was a thing tbqh.
>>
>>384722452
It was cool but if you level it so that you're taking down 6 guys at once it gets a bit OP, and it's also a bit silly to see bullets literally going through Batman's body as he charges henchmen but he's invincible due to fear takedown mode.
>>
>>384722452
>>384722507
I stand by what I said.
>>
>>384722452

Hell yeah, i didn't found it overpowered, and it's fun to find your way close to a pack of thugs to do it.
>>
>>384722284
>conveniently placed gargoyles
>"unrealistic" environment
Gotham is not allowed to be founded on heavily gothic architecture anymore?

>brony tier manchild brain
>as he defends his MUH REALISM argument
ebin projection. tell me more about Batman's tax evasion policies.
>>
>>384722138
Elfman's Batman theme is probably the best piece from any OST for any piece of media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRZAk2rfESU
>>
>>384721279
I legitimately enjoyed Bat of Murder's fight scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
>>
>>384722395
>He fist fights all the time. One of the few times he didn't was in the animated series,

He does but not to the extent that the arkham games would make you believe. Even when batman "fistfights" it rarely goes without involving outsmarting people with the environment and his gadgets instead of pulling off 100 hit combos on a room of 50 thugs all armed with baseball bats and shields and knives

>>384722398
>Did you play the game? It's mostly about how flawed Batman is.

straight up bullshit. They try to show you some of the flaws in his character but go about it in a way which is limp since the situation usually calls for his choices. I also dont give a fuck about the garbage tier stories in the rockstar games, im talking about the gameplay and how the character works in there

> you're mostly hiding and outsmarting enemies once they start getting stronger

"mostly" is a lie, its done in the exact same way as the other games AKA there are dedicated predator segments and dedicated brawling segments. Most of the predator segments are delegated to being side content. All of them are completely trivialized by your godlike abilities and gadgets. You can see through the walls with zero downsides and zap back up 200 meters onto a gargoyle at the first sign of trouble. If theyre going to have mechanics like these atleast limit your visions like in chaos theory by having separate heat, night and electrical visions that all have huge visual downsides. Also give the grapple gun limited cartridges

>Gotham is not allowed to be founded on heavily gothic architecture anymore?

Makes no sense in the indoors environments where most predator segments take place. Gargoyles are something that would be maybe in one level of some good game, in an outdoors level

>brony tier manchild brain
>as he defends his MUH REALISM argument

so realism is childish while wanting batman to be superman is for adults? Youre clearly far too retarded to talk to. Batmans draw is his humanity
>>
>>384723036
>doesn't use his gadgets in combat
>gets upset about not using his gadgets in combat
sounds like the problem is between the keyboard and seat on this one, famalam
>>
>>384722812

As the biggest fan of the arkham games around here, i agree with his main argument in the gargoyles thing. I think there shouldn't be gargoyles in every predator room, or they should put any other form of more appropiate vantage points (pipes, lamps, beams). Be more creative with the predator rooms. They almost fixed this issue in Kinght, but they still put some gargoyles in there. The problem is that is a big dumb coincidence that there are gargoyles in almost every predator room.
>>
>>384723148
>gets upset about not using his gadgets in combat
>>384721279
>the gadgets are a neat gameplay element but they are glorified combo tools 99% of the time
>>
I didn't have any problems playing it on PC so I guess I'm really lucky (I played at least a year after release though).

The game was okay. There were some cool missions but just like the other games before it got boring fast, and the batmobile segments were not really fun. The story had ups-and-downs, and varied from okay to pretty retarded.
>>
>>384706656
I'm sorry?
>>
>thread about a video game that was bad and how OP enjoyed it
>some autistic fuck from /co/ wants to discuss capshit instead of gameplay

Besides, what else is there to discuss? everyone agrees the game is fun aside from the batmobile.
>>
>>384723631
How fucking retarded are you? My posts are literally talking about nothing but gameplay. Making the gameplay faithful to the character (and actually good at the same time) is nothing but an improvement. The arkham games are fucking braindead and the majority of people (me included) only "like" them because theyre the only batman games outside of the nes one that arent repulsive garbage
>>
>>384720151
It's that damn 3 villain curse that cape media just can't seem to realize.

Should've just dropped Joker entirely or just had him as a side mission.
>>
>>384723786
Yeah but you have also admitted that Batman has been portrayed as a batgod in recent stuff. How is the portrayal of Batman as a batgod unfaithful to his character in the Arkham games? Seems like you just would prefer if he was portrayed differently, not that it was unfaithful.
>>
>>384723786

The mechanics of the Arkham games could allow that kind of strategic gameplay, with just some minor changes. I love the Arkham games for the great foundations they make, i think they can be vastly improved, and still keeping the essentials of the combat style and the stealth, which are good. Also is definitely the best Batman games available right now, i get specially triggered when some /v/irgins say that the old school 2D sidescrollers were better, i mean, they were good for their time, but in what fucking way they are better?
>>
>>384723036
>Batman has mastered every martial art ever made and only needs to sleep 3 hours per day
>Batman is fluent in every language on earth
>Batman is an expert in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering, criminology, psychology, finance, business, political science, history, and literature, having a knowledge base comparable to degree holders in all of these fields
>Batman is the world's greatest detective, with an IQ unmatched by anyone alive today
>Batman's utility belt is bigger on the inside, holding every conceivably useful gadget in miniaturized form, despite being no bigger than an outdoorsman's belt
>Batman would hold world records in basically every category of weightlifting and track and field were he ever to bother competing
>Batman runs Wayne Enterprises, one of the world's largest and most high-profile corporations, in his spare time
>Batman also maintains his public image as an aloof playboy, maintaining a constant circle of "friends" within Gotham's socialite scene, also in his spare time
>He keeps his secret identity hidden from all of them
Please keep trying to justify to me why Batman is in any way realistic.
>>
File: 1469063511809.gif (2MB, 276x225px) Image search: [Google]
1469063511809.gif
2MB, 276x225px
>the whole game have your mind fucked from the Scarecrow gas
>the Joker persona slowly taking over
>Joker here, Joker there, as you glance over billboards and such, only to look again and it's not there anymore
>Joker finally takes over after an overload of toxin from Batman being locked up
>you kill people and watch as all hell will now break loose, the Joker on Batman's body
>Scarecrow is pissed off at Batman laughing, and a new injection affects the mind that's taken over,
Joker's persona

>Bruce's internal struggle using Joker's weakness to take back over
>Bruce wins
>also, that anti-Holywood ending with Batman supposedly suiciding

is Arkham Knight the apex of kinoludo vidya?
>>
>>384722452
It's kind of fine in the combat sections where you can start the fight with a fear multi takedown knocking out 6 henchmen yet still have like 15 enemies to normally fight.
It becomes absolutely fucking retarded in the predator sections, especially if you "refuel" your fear takedown by taking down ONE single guard silently and can clear a whole room with just 3 takedowns.
>>
>>384706656
Arkham Knight is kinda epitomizes the 8th gen.

A better looking game that plays significantly worse than its last gen counterparts.

I will never not be upset over how poorly done everything in AK was.
>>
>>384724740
This is the height of Batvidyakino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up7jPJXq-RY
>>
>>384718716

Origins had good stuff, mostly the bossfights (but even those reused animations and concepts from City). But the shitty open world, the bugs, and the lazy reuse of stuff from City make me feel that WB Montreal had a more limited budget.
>>
>>384724364
>I love the Arkham games for the great foundations they make, i think they can be vastly improved, and still keeping the essentials of the combat style and the stealth, which are good

I dont deny the games have potential but they are far from reaching their peak as long as theyre aiming low enough to satisfy every kid that wants to "feel like batman" for no effort. I want the games to be more sluggish unless the player has mastered the levels and mechanics. I want batman to die faster and be far less nimble. Nerf the grapple gun and improve how sound and detection works instead of there being a "stealth" button which almost moves you at sprinting speed for no downsides. Give dynamic lighting and shadows a role in the stealth instead of being simple detected and hidden states

>>384724439
>Batman has mastered every martial art ever made and only needs to sleep 3 hours per day

Stop reading wikipedia when things like these only apply to a select few portrayals in particular. Also, a human can easily survive by sleeping in short few hour bursts as long as it happens more than once in 24 hours

>Batman is fluent in every language on earth

In what fucking version of the character?

>>Batman is an expert in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering, criminology, psychology, finance, business, political science, history, and literature, having a knowledge base comparable to degree holders in all of these fields

yeah okay not even going to reply to the rest, youre retarded. Youre taking garbage from wikipedia and there isnt a single version of the character where even half of these apply to them. The current portrayal of batman, even as "batgod" is far less powerful than your shitty post would make someone believe, mainly relying on lucius/waynetech for gadgets and alfred/the batfamily for support. Batman has never been "batgod" in any story worth anything
>>
File: [AHHHHHHHH].jpg (60KB, 313x559px) Image search: [Google]
[AHHHHHHHH].jpg
60KB, 313x559px
>>384715975
AW YEAH MR. FREEZE DLC
>Batmobile fight
>>
the amount of neat little details in this game keep surprising me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVLCKdXAx0M&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>384724934
>It's another "I'm going to pretend that DC hasn't been pushing Batgod for decades because I don't like it" episode
Love you, /co/
>>
>>384718680
>part of the problem is that the combat doesn't really lend itself well to boss fights

Eh, i think for some bossfights (Bane, Croc) the bossfights should be attack and dodge or counter Souls style, at least, instead of having to use the cape or some gimmick like that.
>>
>>384724740
you mean the anti-hollywood ending ripped directly from the dark knight rises?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AASZJ_KtVWM
>>
File: Riddler.jpg (12KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
Riddler.jpg
12KB, 275x275px
I hope you like 3000 batarang puzzles detective!
>>
>tfw no batpod gameplay
Nothing looks cooler than riding around rainy Gotham with the cape flowing behind him
>>
>>384724439
Not that anon, but non of what you just said addresses the fact that Batman is basically superhuman in his ability to take on dozens upon dozens of men at the same time without any kind of issue. I got over the fact that he can backflip a dozen feet from one enemy to the other, but I do think having more durable enemies, or enemies that actually get back up after a knock down as opposed to more enemies would've been the better route.
>>
>>384725157
>I will now... save everyone.. but die
>lol just kidding I survived ;^)
DKR is completely hollywood son, who are you trying to fool?
>>
>>384720646
No. It was after the main story.
>>
>>384724439
Also he dodged darkseids omega beam. Not even superman could do that
>>
File: hmm no.png (77KB, 771x686px) Image search: [Google]
hmm no.png
77KB, 771x686px
>>384725323
>he thinks bruce wayne actually bombed himself and alfred
>>
>>384724995
lmao. thats pretty good i didnt know that could happen
>>
File: 20170711015555_1.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170711015555_1.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
The whole premise of Arkham Knight was a let down, like OMG IT'S JASON TODD WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT ? Them him suddenly becoming the good guy (in his own way) didn't make any sense
And the whole Joker sequences, while was entertaining on their own felt they were forced (Joker blood taking over Bruce and making him Joker, seriously?)

Barbara is 10/10 otherwise
>>
>>384725323
brainlet spotted. the whole point of the ending is to leave it ambiguous whether or not batman killed himself. The fact that Alfred sees him in what is exactly the fantasy he described earlier is far more suspicious than not showing it
>>
>>384724934

>I dont deny the games have potential but they are far from reaching their peak as long as theyre aiming low enough to satisfy every kid that wants to "feel like batman" for no effort. I want the games to be more sluggish unless the player has mastered the levels and mechanics. I want batman to die faster and be far less nimble. Nerf the grapple gun and improve how sound and detection works instead of there being a "stealth" button which almost moves you at sprinting speed for no downsides. Give dynamic lighting and shadows a role in the stealth instead of being simple detected and hidden states

You are the first anon who doesn't love the Arkham games and at the same time who i can agree with, normally the shitters are the types of "not muh Dante", "it should be like God Hand or Yakuza", fuck those weebs. You make good points.
>>
>>384725241
>Having the kind of outrageous superhuman strength needed to kick a metal grate off its screws is fine
>Having the endurance to match is not
>>
>got an urge to replay
>installed and booted up
>remembered all the Riddler trophies
>remembered the Batmobile masturbation
>just replay iceberg lounge as Harley and do the races in the Burtonmobile
>uninstall

The Red Hood DLC should have been the main game, give me that instead of Arkham Batmobile.
>>
>>384725469
now that's what I call wishful thinking

>>384725445
if it was a hollywood movie I'd agree with you, but since it's Rocksteady kinoludo, then yeah, I can see it

now, give me back my Yellow Lantern costume, Rocksteady
>>
>>384725180

I liked them in City and in Knight, Eddy, the death traps were fun. Not so much in Asylum and Origins, where it was just a colectathon.
>>
>>384725646
>>384725445
Was that Azrael in the final post-credits cutscene? We're all in agreement that the "break the sword and shake hands with Batman" end to his quest is the canon one, right?
>>
>>384724740
Batman didn't blow himself up. He faked the death of Bruce Wayne and Alfred, retreated into the Batcave full time and became a new version of Batman using Scarecrow's new fear gas. The developers confirmed this in an AMA. In that post-credits scene at the alley, it's still "Bruce Wayne" under that Batsuit. He just killed the billionaire CEO playboy persona, that's all.
>>
>>384725743
No, it's Batman using fear gas
>>
>>384725743
>>384725805
>>
File: 1330722121701.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1330722121701.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>384725805
>a new version of Batman using Scarecrow's new fear gas.
nani?
that's even better
how does it work thouh
>>
I dropped it about 2 hours in. I don't even like batman, but bamham were really fucking good games, city is in my top 5 of the 7th gen. I had heard Knight was basically a batmobile game and after playing and not enjoying it at all I was devestated.

I might have been more disappointed by Knight than MGSV
>>
How about a Sandman Mystery Theatre game where you focus on close combat and detectivework, with different types of gas?
>>
I want to buy me a PC rig to play Bamham like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GyKCM-Bpuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7lr7B9k9SA
>>
File: 1330725766741.gif (2MB, 324x216px) Image search: [Google]
1330725766741.gif
2MB, 324x216px
how do I google for the sfx that plays before announcements in Arkham Asylum? my google-fu has failed me
>>
>>384726032
only if they fucking release the rest of the collections
>>
>>384725805
That's actually kind of lame. How long could he possibly keep this up before someone notices nu-Batman running around and realizes that his "death" was faked? He can't keep that secret from Robin and Oracle forever. I liked it better in Miller's TDKR, when Batman fakes his death there he dedicates himself to training the younger generation, hand hands his legacy off to his students.
>>
>have 50 bucks in psn

I'm trying to decide between the Return to Arkham collection, Alien ayyyy collection, or Malicious Fallen. help a nigga out
>>
>>384726102
like as an MP3?

http://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1573345/
>>
It was short but I liked the Mad Hatter section from the Season of Infamy the most. His inclusions are always so trippy I love it.
>>
>>384726102
not him but i love you anon
>>
File: batman-arkham-knight.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
batman-arkham-knight.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>384725805
I'm amazed some people didn't get that immediately. After you get Catwoman away from Riddlers trap Batman tells her "I've got to become something more, something else"

Not to mention Batman is literally too insane to kill himself and not insane enough to kill his adopted father Alfred.
>>
File: 1328545497750.jpg (36KB, 338x374px) Image search: [Google]
1328545497750.jpg
36KB, 338x374px
>>384726078
>Arkham Asylum and City running at max settings
a 1050ti will do that easily, son, and Arkham Knight nowadays runs very well too as long as you don't tune everything up too, since they fixed the port a few months after release
>>
File: 1344887807666825033 (1).jpg (193KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1344887807666825033 (1).jpg
193KB, 1600x900px
>>384726000
I have no idea about the specifics. They talked about the gas having "long term mental effects" in the game so maybe that. Or he's just spraying them with fear gas somehow. Dunno.

But anyway, it's still Bruce patrolling the streets as Batman. "Gotham needs a new myth" and all that. And now he can focus on being Batman 24/7 and doesn't have to fuck Russian ballerinas anymore to maintain his double life so I guess he's happy.

>>384726102
I have it as my SMS ringtone. Cool AF.

>>384726260
Also, he gets a sample of Scarecrow's new fear gas like 5 minutes into the game. And then there was pic related.
>>
>>384726187

The graphics in the Arkham remaster go from better to worse. For example, the new rain effects are neat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsg37ONgS9U, but they made Batman face look weird.
>>
>>384725561
I can't tell if you're intentionally being dense or not, so let me rephrase the problem: The fact that Batman casually takes on so many thugs detracts from his humanity, and makes his enemies look weak as opposed to making himself look strong.

Mechanically speaking, there's no way to force a player's character to casually take abuse while making the game stay fair, but having an enemy get up after what's supposed to be a knockdown, or tank more of Batman's blows before getting K.O'd, or just more ganging up in general that leads to strings of counter after counter before he can break them away, would give a better illusion that he's up against threatening foes as opposed to just stuffing an area with as many faces as possible to punch.

I call it the Musou Effect, in which in an attempt to illustrate a character's strength, the enemy only looks fragile, and if you want a power fantasy Batman who can take on 40 or 50 guys at a time, or jump out of the shadows and disarm 6 men before they can even land a bullet, that's fine, but you should at least recognize the faults that brings.
>>
File: Kino Posters.jpg (185KB, 1155x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kino Posters.jpg
185KB, 1155x1080px
>>384724740
>literally doesn't understand the ending
>unironically saying kino
Pottery.
>>
File: wallup-149769.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallup-149769.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
Who's hype for the sequel that's set 10 years after AK? Developed by WB Montreal, starring Damian Wayne as Batman.

My hype level is 3/5, what about yours?
>>
>>384726493
Why do some of you keep persisting with this? it was debunked by them so fucking long ago.
>>
>>384726000
Why did they have to ruin the Beyond suit?
>>
>>384706656
Did they finally fix the PC version?
>>
>>384726339

Yeah, but my current computer it's a literal old toaster, Windows XP tier. I wanted to upgrade just to play Arkham Knight, but i choose the pleb route and bought a PS4.
>>
>>384726493
Assuming that you aren't lying I would rather see a Batman Beyond game with Terry. Damien is a little shit.
>>
File: 1330724897394.jpg (107KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1330724897394.jpg
107KB, 500x375px
>>384726402
>and doesn't have to fuck Russian ballerinas anymore to maintain his double life so I guess he's happy.
poor, poor Bruce, fucking disgusting eastern europeans
>>
>>384725592
I think some of the DLC was in the main game at some point.
Pretty sure about the Harley Quinn DLC. It's basically a stealth and combat tutorial.
I think it was set in the very beginning between Joker being incinerated and the diner scene.

Instead you get a stealth tutorial on some random rooftop which just seems out of place.
>>
>>384726602
Yes, run around at 45fps on my i5 4690k/GTX 760 system on medium settings. Contrary to being unplayable even with a GTX 980ti on release
>>
>>384726581
Cause Rocksteady were always full of hacks, but this time around they bought into their own hype.

>disavowing Origins
>Origins turns out to be better than Knight
lel
>>
File: 1360232626341.gif (999KB, 245x297px) Image search: [Google]
1360232626341.gif
999KB, 245x297px
>>384726608
it's playable on PS4, only problem is that it runs at 30 fps

if you still want to get into PC, I'd recommend making your PC based on your GPU first and foremost, and waiting for the new Nvidia series which will probably be revealed later this year

in any case, this should come in handy for you:
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

and before choosing a GPU, check out benchmarks (just google them) for games you're interested in (like AK for example)
>>
>>384720569
This. The presentation is on another level. I mean the animation for Batman going into fucking grates is stylish. The fact that it has no load times with those seamless transitions makes it really fun to play imo.

I don't care what anyone says, AK is one of the best AAA games this gen. The whole Rocksteady trilogy is amazing.
>>
>>384726032
>>384726113
Maybe they'll release them when the JSA comes back. Same for releasing Johns' run in trades.
Did they really cancel Ostrander's squad?
>>
>>384726432
Honestly, knowing how strong Batman is I'm impressed that the thugs manage to get up as many times as they already do. If you want to nerf Batman in these types of games you do 2 things:
>nerf his movement ability. No jumping ludicrous distances so that the game auto-completes a combo. You want to bring a guy to you who's out of immediate distance? Either hit him with the grapple gun or freeze bomb
>Nerf his multi-hit counter ability. Two or three guys attack you at once? You're in trouble. Get out of the way.
>Tighten the counter window on knives and other melee weapons. Make it feel hard to deflect them.
>Make Batman's "jump over the guy's shoulder" ability a special combo move instead of a normal move. Make it rare and costly.
>>
>>384708801

Yeah.

But it's better than earlier. It's actually decent, but not something that is good in 2017.

But good game. Too much mehmobile.
>>
>>384726187
malicious fallen is the only game on there requiring skill, but it's also overpriced as fuck
>>
>>384726751

>Origins turns out to be better than Knight

Hell no, it has good stuff, but it's not in any way the best. Tell me why you think that.
>>
Why is Arkham Joker's voice actor so perfect?
>>
Why do people cry about the Batmobile sections so much? Each combat sequence is like 3 minutes, tops. Yeah, there's a lot of them, but they're fairly spaced out, plus the tank combat feels really good. IMO the only legitimate gripe about the Batmobile fights is that they decided to make the god damn Deathstroke fight a tank combat sequence. Whoever made that decision should be fired.
>>
File: bamhamavi.webm (3MB, 643x362px) Image search: [Google]
bamhamavi.webm
3MB, 643x362px
>>384726878
>tfw the rain sliding off the cape
>tfw you jump and Bats extends the wet cape
>>
>>384726102
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOG22crjrPw
>>
>>384727017
because it's Mark Hamill?
>>
>>384727017
Because it's Mark Hamill, and he voiced the Joker in Batman TAS. Also if you didn't realize that, you probably also don't know that Batman is voiced by Kevin Conroy in these games, the same man who voiced him in TAS.
>>
File: 1396222172897.jpg (356KB, 584x889px) Image search: [Google]
1396222172897.jpg
356KB, 584x889px
>>384726684
It really wouldn't surprise me considering WB and everything. That Harley DLC was pretty good as well, I liked the insane vision with Harleen talking to Harley in the background.

>>384726623
>Batman Beyond game with Terry

I will never stop wanting this. Just imagining that neon nightmare in AK graphics is near boner inducing.
>>
>>384727068
>Intercom Chime
danke, fampaichi
>>
>>384727003
>Tell me why you think that.
Bat-tank.

>>384727036
The bat tank sections are very repetitive, which is really saying something given that this is Bamham combat we're talking about here. It feels very unfitting that Bruce "NO GUNS REEEEEE" Wayne would have 50mm cannons and missile launchers on his car, as opposed to more riot suppression-geared tools. Later on in the game it becomes really contrived how often they stick them in, how much they pad out the last 3rd of the game, and their substitution for proper boss battles is inexcusable.
>>
>>384727068

It could use that for my phone. It would be more subtle than a MGS alert ringtone.
>>
>>384726187
get bloodborne
>>
File: 20170711012659_1.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170711012659_1.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw no Animated Series bluray
>>
>>384727212
To be fair, Michael Keaton's Batman had machine guns in his Batmobile.
>>
>>384727036
>they decided to make the god damn Deathstroke fight a tank combat sequence. Whoever made that decision should be fired.

I feel like the game became slightly rushed towards to end so they decided to be lazy and just repeat an earlier mission.
>>
>>384726187
The only games i bought in the last steam summer sale were Arkham Knight and Alien: Isolation and i can't recommend them enough. Played Asylum & City years ago so go for it
>>
>>384727282
Yeah, what the fuck is the deal with that? I have 3 volumes of the show on DVD, but those are like select episodes from various seasons, not the full series. I'd kill for a blu-ray set with every episode, maybe with Mask of the Phantasm, too.
>>
File: 1483970867861.jpg (46KB, 736x838px) Image search: [Google]
1483970867861.jpg
46KB, 736x838px
>>384727081
>>384727120
>tfw Mark is on stage for interviews for anything he always gets requests to do some lines as the Joker and revels in doing them

When he did it at the recent Star Wars thing it was beyond fantastic. If you haven't seen it do yourselves a favour and get on that shit.
>>
>>384726128
thats actually irresponsible bruce wayne as a person is a one of a kind genetic freak/genius/prodigy

he's going to get a bunch of kids killed right off the bat even with training. Unless he trains them to handle purse thiefs and shit but if a big villain comes along those kids are fucked
>>
>>384725385
I checked it out and you're right. It just raises a whole lot more questions for me. Like where the fuck was Black Mask during the entire siege on Gotham?
>>
>>384727418
Mark absolutely loves being the Joker. I love watching him do the voice live, he gets so animated, you can really feel the energy he puts into that voice.

IMO, Hamill's Joker is the definitive one. I don't think I'll ever not hear his voice whenever I read a comic that the Joker is in.
>>
>>384727449
he does train them

also they're all former gang members
>>
>>384727449
Well I'm not saying that the Arkham series should have literally copied TDKR's ending. I'm saying that it would have been more fitting if Bruce had ended his death-faking business with him handing the cowl off to Robin or Azrael, and become the Oracle/mentor to the whole Batfamily in secret. This is especially after the whole point of AK is Bruce learning how to fully appreciate his family ties, and then he throws them all away 2 minutes after reaffirming them? It's jarring.
>>
>>384727212

The bat-tank was fine in a pure gameplay perspective, but was inappropiate for a Batman game, but then again, what other chances was there to have a challenge for the batmobile? thugs with RPG's are a very easy enemy to fight, and normal firearms shouldn't do shit to the batmobile, the only option was tanks.

Origins, on the other hand, it's just City with almost no good improvements, other than some good bossfights (which most of them take concepts and even animations from City). It's still so fucking buggy to me, and i'm playing with my original Steam copy.
>>
File: 1470710164407.gif (260KB, 608x352px) Image search: [Google]
1470710164407.gif
260KB, 608x352px
>>384727579
>IMO, Hamill's Joker is the definitive one. I don't think I'll ever not hear his voice whenever I read a comic that the Joker is in

Couldn't agree more and it's the same for me. Some people didn't like Joker returning in AK but I couldn't get enough, Mark is just so god damned good.
>>
>>384726581
I like this suit but I don't like how it's the Beyond suit. The one we got in Arkham City was fucking amazing and to have it turn into this was a shame. They should have had both and named this one something else.
>>
File: 51gQ3WB9SnL.jpg (45KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
51gQ3WB9SnL.jpg
45KB, 500x332px
>>384727282

I want that full set with interviews, art and other goodies.
>>
>>384706656
No. The game sucked. Fuck the Batmobile and the death of Batman.
>>
>>384707681
I don't understand this complaint, I just finished 100%ing the game and you're in the batmobile maybe 1/4th of the time, and without the batmobile you're literally just punching people
>>
>>384727672
>what other chances was there to have a challenge for the batmobile?
Option A is to have it just be a means of transit, with no big shoot out sections at all, aside from stopping thugs from chasing cop cars in their own cars.

Option B is turning enemy tank encounters into predator sections, where Batman has to sneak around in the Batmobile (or even in glider mode) and remotely disable the enemy vehicles nonlethally. This is especially true if you want to reverse the decision to make the tanks unmanned, which was really dumb.
>>
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>384727791
I can actually hear his laugh when watching that .gif
>>
>>384716528
Lol no, you fight him once.
>>
>>384727418
>>384727579
>>384727791
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10m7bDQhpkw

Mark is the best. I feel pity that he has to work on that new trilogy of SW movies, poor guy
>>
>>384720419
https://youtu.be/HUmce-zeaAA
>>
File: 20170701022305_1.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170701022305_1.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
>>384728029
f
>>
File: arkham knight batmobile.jpg (392KB, 1940x1091px) Image search: [Google]
arkham knight batmobile.jpg
392KB, 1940x1091px
tank aside, how does /v/ feel about this Batmobile's design? Does it look good?
>>
>>384728113
And that fight is the worst boss fight in the game
>>
>>384728029
But she actually looks decent in-game. She was too anime before and didn't fit right when next to other characters.
>>
File: olivia1.jpg (845KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
olivia1.jpg
845KB, 1920x1440px
>>384728029
>tfw I like wide jawed women
I prefered her in previous games though
>>
File: 1343826846082.png (82KB, 274x345px) Image search: [Google]
1343826846082.png
82KB, 274x345px
>>384728132
Fuck that vid was great. Grinning like a madman right now.
>>
>>384728249
I liked it. It looks like an evolution of the Tumbler.
>>
File: -1.jpg (293KB, 1843x2155px) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
293KB, 1843x2155px
>>384728029
>>384728172

She looks fine in some angles, and her body is really sexy, and almost realistic, they are really good at textures. But yeah, her face need to have less strong features.

On the other hand, they made the perfect Selina Kyle.
>>
>>384726561
Arkham Insurgency was debunked, not this. Fucking casual.
>>
>>384728325
I remember how stoked I was to fight Deathstroke but you're right. All you do is wait for him to attack and then it's just a QTE event.
>>
File: 20170711012221_1.jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170711012221_1.jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
>>384728132
the one and the only Joker. It's just that i grew up watching the animated series and he'll always be THE Joker for me
>>
>>384727125
A BB game would be great, imagine an Inq boss-fight done right.
>>
>>384727125
>Batman Beyond game with Terry

Too bad the rogue gallery sucks ass
>>
File: 20170712010446_1.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170712010446_1.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
>>384728491
>>
File: 1317249554902.jpg (22KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
1317249554902.jpg
22KB, 500x412px
>>384728249
can't see it being any different and still being the urban agile tank that Bats would need in this setting tbqh, even if it's not as A E S T H E T I C as TAS batmobile

>>384728598
I grew up with the brazilian version and he's still perfect famalam, you don't need nostalgia to see his greatness
>>
>>384728527
Nope they commented on the Damien thing and said it's a load of horse shit your imbecile.
>>
How come Jason didn't spill the beans about Bruce's identity to the press? If he really wanted to hurt Batman, that would be the most effective way
>>
>>384727941

Eh, option B kinda happens (having to disable shit to let the batmobile pass), and some people didn't like it.

With option A, some people whould say, "hurr, what's the point of the batmobile if i can glide, shit game 0/0"
>>
>>384726493
I'd be down for that. People shit on WB Montreal and Origins, but I actually enjoyed that game more than Knight. It was a buggy mess on PC and it crashed every half hour or so, but I fought through it to the end because I was having a great time with it.

Oddly enough, I had very few problems running Arkham Knight. The only consistent issue I had was the game dropping into the low 40s when getting into the Batmobile, but that only lasted for 5 - 7 seconds each time.
>>
>>384728172
She's coming back in the sequel (she has a new body)
>>
>>384718889
You can let him out?!?
>>
>>384728704
>>384728491
>Bruce gave this up to be a crime-fighting NEET wizard for the rest of his life
lol what a gay
>>
File: OMNOMNOMNOM.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
OMNOMNOMNOM.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>384728681
no rest for Terry it seems

>phasing man, whatever he was called, starts phasing into the ground
>QTE to save him
>it's useless and he goes to the center of the earth anyways

is Warner Bros waiting to start tanking in profits to greenlight a new Rocksteady Batman game?
>>
>>384727068
>mfw have this as text msg tone
Only one person has recognized it.
>>
>>384728719
Source or GTFO

The only game that has been debunked is Arkham Insurgency which was about the time between Origins and Asylum. It was confirmed to be fake. The Damian Wayne game has been confirmed by two big magazines.
>>
>>384728734
It wouldn't have been personal enough, and Bruce Wayne has enough money to not only disprove a story like that, but make it disappear.
>>
File: 20170712011855_1.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170712011855_1.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
>>384728876
>>
>>384728752
Driving is substantially faster than gliding, though, and it feels better. Zipping around in the car is just fun.
>>
File: 1490553383159.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490553383159.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
Post moar AK Harley
>>
>>384728964

>It was confirmed to be fake.

And it broke my heart. Fuck this E3, a new Bamham is all i wanted.
>>
File: 20170701001815_1.jpg (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170701001815_1.jpg
369KB, 1920x1080px
>>384729064
>>
>>384728876
Talia was his only love and he didn't know that Talia was still alive.
>>
>>384728964
Actually I just checked and while you're right A:I was debunked, the project was rebooted and Damiens involvement is now unknown/unconfirmed.
>>
>>384728982
>Todd gets on the TV like Scarecrow did
>Takes off his Arkham Knight mask, shows the world his Robin brand as verification of his identity and proof of his story
>Says that Bruce Wayne is Batman
I'd like to see Bruce disprove that
>>
>>384728029
SJWs happened
>>
>>384727672
This. I always consider people who hate the bat-tank sections as pleb-tier. Lacking both game design perspective and general video game skill.
>>
>>384729220
>Talia was still alive.
ay yo hol up
>>
>>384728903
>he goes to the center of the earth anyways
Man, that was a sucky fate, getting to spend the rest of your life in a ball of iron, not being able to move anywhere.
>>
>>384729245
"He's crazy, he probably branded himself out of some weird fantasy"

Pretty easy.
>>
File: 1438905453178.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438905453178.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
>>384729064
>>
>>384729336
Do you not know about Lazarus pits?
>>
>>384729384

I fucking love those tiddies, they even put some skin details in there. Damm.
>>
>>384708687
Sequel is to much like the previous game. I think that's the point of making a sequel bud
>>
Is it even physically possible to fit all of Batman's Arkham City gadgets onto the utility belt at the same time? Has any cosplayer tried making mockups of all the gadgets and actually fitting them on the belt at once in some weird configuration?
>>
File: ackchyually.png (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
51KB, 500x500px
>>384729220
>Talia was still alive.
kind of

I mean, would you fuck an old man?
>>
File: injustice-2-harley.jpg (90KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
injustice-2-harley.jpg
90KB, 940x545px
>>384729064
best Harley is the Injustice 2 Harley, shame about the PC version
>>
>>384729239
Yes, that's correct. Could be that the backlash against Damian being Batman scared them and they went back to square one. I actually hope they do. I don't want them to be tied down by the Arkhamverse.

>>384729336
>Ra's al Ghul DLC
>go to the Elliot Memorial Hospital
>go to the morgue
>there's a body chamber on the wall that has the name "Talia al Ghul"
>the chamber's door is slightly open
>look inside
>no body
>finish the mission
>find a tape in which Ra's talks to Talia, says she's going to be the new leader of the league and that if she's dead when the time comes, she'll be revived in a Lazarus Pit
>>
>>384729452
>Talia was resurrected with a Lazarus Pit
where are the proofs?
>>
>>384729547
PC version soon fellow fightan
I hope so anyways
according to my predictions around Q-Loc porting work, they should announce it in a couple months, and release it before the end of the year
>>
>>384729546
What?
>>
>>384712487
Some of the scenes in this game were so fucking good. I love how they are completely optional too.
If you guys didn't know you can also go back to robin when he is locked up and tell him that oracle is dead
>>
>>384729630
hopefully a Komplete version because i'm not liking all the paid characters thing
>>
>>384729607
>>384729578
>>
>>384729547
Damn, that's a nice lookin' Harley
>>
File: classic harley.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
classic harley.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>384729064
I wish they'd lower the price for the season pass. I'd love to revisit Knight and play the DLC but don't wanna pay $20 for it.
>>
>>384729547
C H E S T L E T
F R I D G E
>>
>>384727334

In my headcanon, they were forced by WB suits to include nods to Origins at the last minute, so they included Firefly and Deathstroke, and they didn't made a good job with them, i don't think to shit on Origins devs, but because of lack of time.
>>
File: 1499178700924m.jpg (67KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1499178700924m.jpg
67KB, 1024x576px
>>
>>384729851
The GOTY/Deluxe/whatever edition with the DLC goes on sale for like $10 pretty regularly. Just buy that.
>>
>>384729546

Eh, we are talking about arkhamverse Talia, not DCAU Talia.
>>
File: 1499198093456m.jpg (74KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1499198093456m.jpg
74KB, 1024x576px
>>
>>384729674
didn't Ras trade bodies with her? or was it in a TAS episode? fuck
>>
>>384727068
I used to have all the PA announcement sounds from that game, but i lost them when my hard drive went. :(
>>
>>384729124
Not gonna lie, I had a mind-blown moment when I realized they put a subtle ass jiggle for that part when you rotate Batman around. Based cocksteady.
>>
>That scene in Arkham Knight when Batman and Gordon are in the elevator going to meet Scarecrow and Barbara
>Gordon mentions working Thomas and Martha Wayne's murder case
>Batman: "You were kind, Jim..."
How long did Gordon know Batman's identity before that point?
>>
>>384730012

You are confusing the Batman Beyond episode.
>>
File: Dindu - Ferguson Knight.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dindu - Ferguson Knight.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>384729952
On PS4?
>>
>>384729578
>>Ra's al Ghul DLC
Is it better to let Ra's die, or save him? What would Batman actually do?
>>
File: 1433405624613.jpg (275KB, 1445x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1433405624613.jpg
275KB, 1445x1110px
>>384729904
>batman walks around in tights
>for some reason Harley isn't allowed to do the same and they always come up with some trashy outfit to put her into instead

I will never understand this. Her original costume is still the best, just use that. If it's ok for Batman to run around like he does it should be ok for Harley.
>>
>>384730119
Yeah. I've considered buying it quite a few times, but I already have the game and all the DLC on PC and am lucky enough to somehow not have the myriad problems that version is plagued with. Plus I just don't think the Arkham games play well at 30fps, they feel very unresponsive.
>>
>>384729814
you should see the god-tier facial animations that game has
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0-TcB4zg4
>>
>>384730170
I prefer the AC costume, myself. The harlequin costume is her most iconic, but I prefer a sexy Harley in a more "normal" costume.
>>
>>384730119
There was a GOTY edition released of AK in some countries, apparently it's going to get a proper release "soon" everywhere else so I'd keep an eye on the news and wait for that.
>>
>>384730128
Save him. Batman can't just let people die, even Ra's.
>>
>>384730128

According to the devs, the best ending is letting Ra's live, but fuck the devs, i prefer Nyssa ending.
>>
>>384730225
I have the physical game as well so I just need all the DLC for cheap. I'll keep an eye out for future sales I guess.

>>384730332
>apparently it's going to get a proper release "soon" everywhere else
I doubt it. It's been 2 years since it came out.. I would've loved to have all 3 Rocksteady games in one nice collection instead of getting Return to Arkham.
>>
>>384730407
>save Ra's because muh no killing
>Ra's kills Nyssa

BRAVO B-MAN

How is taking Ra's back to GCPD and letting him die naturally killing him?
>>
>>384730241
Aw man, I wish I was more into fighting games. I really like the idea of the Batcave being basically the Turtle's hideout from TMNT2.

also WTF is up with Harley not only being allowed in the Batcave, but knowing Batman's identity?
>>
OP here. Damn I didn't expect this thread to get so big. Figured itd just die off after 10 or so post. Thanks alot guys. Great thread and discussions.
>>
>>384730515

This, he even told his bodyguards to let him die.
>>
>>384730537
She's the new Robin after Damien proved to be a disapointment to everyone in every universe and comic ever, hated by anyone with a just mind and heart, only liked by the perverse and sickened.
>>
>>384716752
did that lead to anything ?
>>
>>384730241
Wow, that's really impressive. Also is Ivy voiced by the same woman who did the TAS voice?
>>
>>384729064
First time I bought my dick told me to buy a game.
>>
>>384706656
now that the dust has settled, i really hate this game
>>
>>384730456
>best
I mean, I get that it's the most Batman ending, but "best?" I don't know much about obscure cape lore, is Nyssa worse than her dad?
>>
File: 1499831973974.jpg (69KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
1499831973974.jpg
69KB, 736x414px
>>384730512
If you see a phsical copy of the GOTY lemme know where anon, Im the same as you, willing to buy the game again just for the Harley skin
>>
>>384730515
It's not killing him. But like I said, Batman can't just let people die. If there's a way to save him, Batman will try.
>>
>>384725180
Hey Eddie, I don't understand how Batmobile obstacle courses and punching robots are intellectual challenges. Can you give me a hint?
>>
>>384730743
>She's the new Robin
WHAT
Alright, maybe I need to give these Injustice games a shot. This shit sounds crazy.
>>
>>384728869
What? No, no. I meant that Bats just drops by and tells him that without letting him out. Shit was funny as fuck.

>>384730770
So far, nothing. He doesn't even mention anything relating to that shit in AK. Fans speculated that maybe it was alluding to an SS video game but nothing so far, not even the tiniest of hints.
>>
>>384730792
He's going to die anyway, even Lazurus can't help him now and Nyssa is Ra's 2.0 so wiping her from the board before she gets started is good.
>>
>>384730798
99% chance it won't happen here in Canada (or even North America). Especially after so much time has passed.

I know it sucks but WB probably went maximum jew with AK.
>>
File: 20170630032905_1.jpg (401KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170630032905_1.jpg
401KB, 1920x1080px
>>384730537
let me tl;dr Injustice universe for you, the game acknowledges it to be a parallel universe btw
>Joker nukes Metropolis killing everyone including Louis Lane and Superfag's unborn child
>Superfag snaps and kills Joker
>establishes a regime where he rules the world with absolute power and start killing criminals
>Batman due to being Batman comes up with a plan to stop the Madman
>???
>Harley starts working for Batman under the current circumstances
>>384730781
No, but Conroy is Batman, Grey DeLisle Catwoman and Kara Strong as Harley
>>
>make a 1960s DLC pack
>make the Adam West costume a console exclusive
>>
>>384730792

According to them, it was the best for "muh moral code". But yeah, sadly, it's the most consistent ending, since he even wanted to save the fucking Joker.
>>
>>384730515
Anon, Batman is not a mentally sane individual. He's only one step distanced from the guys he's putting away. He CANNOT, CANNOT allow someone to die in front of him, either by direct action, or by inaction. It's a compulsion, something that he has no control over. He MUST act to save the lives of those he's interacting with. Always.
>>
>>384730241
I thought /v/ ragged on NT forever about ugly females. Canary is cute as fuck
>>
>>384731250

It's available on PC via mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XKftU2Paa8
>>
>>384731185
You should read the comics. Shit's hilarious with how bad it can be but it does have some damn good moments with Alfred and Plastic Man.
>>
>>384731217
I keep trying, but I just don't like Tara Strong as Harley. Her voice sounds too forced, I just wish they could have stuck with Arleen Sorkin, even if her performance in AA was phoned in real bad.
>>
>>384731217
Wow that sounds extra retarded, I see why Supes fans are butthurt at it
>>
>>384725180
I thought Riddler's dialogue was hilarious in AK especially when you get closer to getting every trophy/challenge.

Wish I could exactly remember some of the lines but I remember they made me crack up.
>>
>>384731495
ALFRED DLC WHEN.
>>
>>384731312
NT finally got a real artist to do the female faces, apparently.
>>
File: 1Fvi4CH.jpg (108KB, 1738x678px) Image search: [Google]
1Fvi4CH.jpg
108KB, 1738x678px
>>384731312

FGC fags and weebs still say the I2 models are bad. I bet they just say it to keep the tradition, because Boon team really improved on that, i mean, look at Aquachad no homo.
>>
>>384731312
They were ugly but then NT got their shit together and finally learned how to make women with Injustice 2. Next MK should be pretty good now.
>>
>>384731539
What about the Big Bang Theory lady who's voicing her in the upcoming animated flick?
>>
>>384730639
This section right here is LITERALLY the only good part of Arkham Knight.

The batmobile really blew it, but beyond that, everything turning into sneak attacks was such bullshit.

The Robin team up was the only part that really felt like it was Batman, especially when Joker is singing.
>>
>>384731614
I wish they would have done something better with him in AK. Have him trap Batman in a house full of Jigsaw-esque traps or something. There's so many things that would have been more fitting of the Riddler than race tracks.
>>
>>384731312
To be fair, the females' faces in the first Injustice were ugly as sin with no exceptions. Not a single one of them looked good. Injustice 2 drops and fucking everyone is gorgeous.

>>384731614
>started out as cocky Eddie
>starts to get nervous when you reach the halfway point
>literally stutters and autistically screeches as you get closer to 100%
Funny stuff. I can't recall but I think he also spills his spaghetti if you've already gotten all the trophies and access his final fight immediately after freeing Catwoman.
>>
File: 20170701000406_1.jpg (443KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170701000406_1.jpg
443KB, 1920x1080px
>>384731563
i've never been a fan of superman but that actually makes sense. All these years Joker was trying to break the Bat but ended up breaking the Superman. In the first game Superman prime comes (where the bomb didn't set off) and kicks the ass of MadMan, then commenting that he might have snapped as well if things came to that
>>384731762
yeah it was all due to Hamill's singing. You can't give enough credit to that performance there
>>
So now that it's been a few years and everyone's had time to think, how would /v/ rate the Arkham series as an adaptation of Batman? Personally, I would give it an overall rating of 9/10. I think it does a phenomenal job of bringing the setting to life and does a great job of consolidating the core essences of all the characters in the series. It does a great job of making the player feel like Batman, with the caveat that he can seem a bit too OP at times when the devs go overboard with the enemy count in brawl sections.
>>
>>384731702
Which one? There's 3 chicks on BBT. Is it the hot blonde, the hot blonde with the nasaly voice, or the ugly brunette?

unrelated, but man, captcha is having a real freakout tonight, isn't it? It's taking me 6+ tries for every single post.
>>
>>384731925
>so pretty

What did he mean by this? Was it another twisted joke?
>>
>>384731875

>Jigsaw-esque traps or something

But that's happens, did you forgot the rooms you have to solve with Catwoman and the other non race batmobile death traps?
>>
>>384732045

The short blonde, the wife of the jew.
>>
>>384732007
I'd give it that score too. It's my favorite trilogy of games. Only thing I'd criticize about them would be boss encounters and the fact that they got rid of Dini for Knight.
>>
>>384732007
I don't think anyone can argue that they aren't a great adaptation of the Batman lore. People can have various opinions on the gameplay and whether the games themselves are any good, but in terms of being Batman stories and keeping in consistency with the comics? They're spot on. Maybe AK slightly less due to being able to just run people down and blow up cars full of enemies with the Batmobile, and the way they relegated Deathstroke, one of the only people on the planet who can hold a candle to Batman in terms of intelligence and combat ability, to a fucking tank battle, but aside from those two things they're real solid.
>>
>>384732306
So best girl. Eh, I can kind of see her doing a decent Harley. The voice on BBT isn't her real voice, so if she can tone that down a little bit and get more of an accent on it, she could be pretty good.
>>
>>384732489
>being able to just run people down and blow up cars full of enemies with the Batmobile
Even then it's still a better murdercar than Miller's murdercar and Snyder's murdercar. It's probably the best Bat-murdercar ever conceived.
>>
File: 1499727070896.jpg (152KB, 1024x795px) Image search: [Google]
1499727070896.jpg
152KB, 1024x795px
>>384731539
She has a geniunely nice voice when she does Twilight she could have just done that with a slight boston accent and she'd be good, but then she goes way too high and just screeches out most of Harley's lines
>>
>>384732220
Yeah, I guess I did kinda forget about those. They should have done more stuff like that, the race tracks were really stupid.
>>
>>384730170
Because the original design is way too goofy and dated, and her character ultimately revolves more around her personality/archetype/role rather than her costume.

It's the same reason why Robin doesn't wear green briefs and the Joker ditched his zoot suits; it badly detracts from their image while adding little in return. Villains like Scarecrow can get away with their costumes because such gimmicks are integral to them, the same way that Catwoman needs cat-ears.
>>
>>384731539
As much as i like Tara Strong, i particularly didn't like her in AK. For once in my life i actually wanted Harley to shut up because her voice was too annoying, even for Harley
>>
>>384732645
>all those animated moving parts of both the Batmobile and Batman's newest suit
Attention to detail was off the fucking hook in AK.
>>
>>384716471
I'm honestly surprised that Arkham Knight didn't try slapping some human shield on one of the tanks or conveniently forget that a few tanks had some of his men in it that Batman just annihilated.
>>
>>384732637
Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS02T0YayJc
>>
>>384732959
>conveniently forget that a few tanks had some of his men in it that Batman just annihilated.
That's pretty evil, anon
>>
>>384732676
>boston accent
Harley has a Brooklyn accent (or some other borough of New York, I don't know the various accents all that well.) I'm from just outside Boston, and it's definitely not a Boston accent
>>
File: 1457981145925.jpg (65KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1457981145925.jpg
65KB, 640x960px
>>384732862
I disagree. It looks great no matter the situation and it contrasts nicely to the grittyness of Batman.
>>
>>384732908
Yeah, she wasn't too bad in AC, but for whatever reason in AK she sounds like she's shouting all of her lines at the top of her lungs. It was really grating.
>>
>>384733049
>Nightwing talking to a woman of marriageable age
How long until he seduces her?
>>
>>384732676
When she does who?
>>
>>384730170
Will they fuck?
>>
>>384724439

He's a Autistic Billionaire
>>
>>384733398
If Batman starts carrying whoopee cushions then they are indeed fucking.
>>
>>384706656
>gotta solve all the autism riddles and trophies of the riddler to get the true ending
>true ending is just a longer cinematic
meh this game was average, the visuals were great tho
>>
>>384733097
Pardon me then I am ignorant
>>384733373
Never you mind anon
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
Did you guys like the races? Not the riddler ones full of traps and crazy bs but the AR ones like the ones based off locations of different Batman eras.
>>
>>384733172
well Tara is getting old for one
>>
>>384733704
I tried one of the TDK ones but noticed they weren't shot on film and uninstalled the game.
>>
>Hear a lot about the game shoving Batmobile up your throat
>"Nah, it can't be that bad"
>Batman has to infiltrate a building
>HE FUCKING INFILTRATE IT WITH THE FUCKING CAR
why
>>
>>384706656
Batman combat is the worst thing to happen to the industry in the last decade. Honestly worse than sjws because it actually affects games.
>>
>>384731634
>two batmen
what the fuck is wrong with this mod
>>
>>384733847
what did it do that other games didn't have already? counterattacks were a thing in other action games before arkham asylum
>>
>>384711208
I think they should actually do the opposite, since Zelda's gliding was significantly more primitive and that game got completely flawless reviews.
>>
>>384733947
The magnetic combat.
>>
>>384718569
Arkham Knight is new in the sense that he's Red Hood with a new costume and super power (he can summon robot tanks)
>>
>>384708373

Top kek look at this shitter BR with his stolen netbook complaining about one of the most visually advanced open world games to date. What a shitter.

>he can't play this gorgeous game at 4k 60 fps

Your problem flamalam, not the port's.
>>
>>384733947
Play a real action game than play a batman game. In the action game you're controlling your character, in the batman game you're asking batman to attack and he does it for you.
>>
>>384733049
>Harley leaves her life of crime and becomes a stripper
That's oddly fitting. Anyway, that voice isn't terrible. Could be a little higher, but it fits her pretty well.
>>
>>384721860
Batman is flawed as fuck in the Arkham games. Mainly, he's terrified of letting his allies help, which costs him his identity in the end.
>>
>>384733103
But see, there's a reason even cosplayers who wear the iconic tights (which are already fairly uncommon) ditch her jester's hat in favour of styled hair. It just doesn't look good anymore, and it ultimately contributes nothing substantive to her character. Thus, it has been selected out, in the manner of natural selection getting rid of unnecessary and burdensome organs, while core elements (e.g. colour scheme, clown makeup) remain the same.

The fact that this has happened and she is more popular than ever is arguably a good sign, as it shows that her archetype- and by extension, the archetype of the Harlequin that dwells within her- is strong enough to survive unlimited by superficial gimmicks. Fashions may change, but our obsession with mad, irrational love and rebels against the social order is eternal.
>>
>>384720151
The story is about the fear gas and the mystery of AK and joker as an underlining plot point, I mean what were they to do not put Hammils Joker in the final installment?
>>
>>384733103
Without the hood/cowl/whatever the thing with the dangly bits is called, I don't mind it. But the hat thing is just too dumb. I feel like pigtails are a good natural version of the weird headgear.
>>
>>384734358
>The fact that this has happened and she is more popular than ever is arguably a good sign

I don't like you. I don't like anyone who looks at the pink and blue Harley that ruined the relationship between her and Ivy as a "good thing" I think she should ditch the jester hat and the white thing but the rest of it is perfect.
>>
>>384733835
I thought the platforming with the car was kind of neat. It was something different, that's for sure.
>>
>>384721279
>can take on 50 thugs alone
Well it would be a pretty fucking boring game if you fought 1 or 2 enemies at a time.
>>
>>384726339
>and Arkham Knight nowadays runs very well too as long as you don't tune everything up too, since they fixed the port a few months after release
Bull fucking shit
I have a 1070 and 7600 and I still drop down to 30 when the broken ass texture streaming fucks up
>>
>>384734206
This is the argument people who have never actually played the games themselves and only watched them on Youtube or Twitch always make.

Your argument is patently untrue. In the Batman games, if you just let go of the stick and hit the punch button, you don't magically hit someone, you stand there and punch the air, breaking your combo. You have to tilt the stick towards an enemy for Batman to move to them and hit them. There is a bit of a disconnect as your combo meter gets higher, you enter a "flow" where the directional input "cone" gets wider and the distance Batman can move between enemies increases, but to get your combo going you have to tilt directly at the enemies in order to hit them.
>>
Guys, I'm right at the end of the game, about to initiate the Knightfall Protocol (or whatever is called), but I still have a few quests to do (mainly bomb disabling and the Riddler).

Can I just activate it, or will the game lock me out if I do?
>>
>>384734903
I beat asylum and beat most of city before dropping it. I also played shadow of mordor which is the same shit.

I'm aware you have a base level of control over batman, but if you play anything more technical it feels like a fucking baby game. It might have been fine if it was only ever batman games but it caught on and I find that really annoying.
>>
>>384726339
What settings must you avoid for Arkham Knight to run well? I have an 1080.
>>
>>384735005
Do everything first if you want the true ending.
>>
>>384734453
No they should have KOd Scarecrow after the Ace Chemicals deal and focused the rest of the story exclusively on Jason and Joker. It was annoying how the story of AK was basically OH YOU DESTROYED MY FEAR GAS? WELL HOW ABOUT -- THIS -- FEAR GAS??? [repeat x2]. It didn't help that the big climax of the story, with Batman defeating Scarecrow's gas, was almost verbatim how he defeated Scarecrow back in Arkham Asylum.
>>
File: 1344297023476.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1344297023476.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>384734886
>>384735046
I forgot that I've always ran the game on my SSD :3
>>
>>384733049
>TNBA designs

Neat
>>
>>384734886
4790k and a 980, I get 70+ fps most of time time, except for getting in and out o the Batmobile where it drops down to the 40s for a couple seconds. The port is fucked and runs wildly different even on machines with the same specs.
>>
>>384735103
The story went to shit the moment they just started kidnaping characters in order to have Batman at a disadvantage. After a while, he just said "well, fuck this, I'll just surrender".
>>
>>384706656
>Everyone says Arkham Knight is <insert character>
>Developer says "No it isn't"
>Less than 1/4 into the game tons of signs point to who Knight is
>1/2 through you know for sure
>When the big reveal comes out nobody was surprised

I'll apologize after they apologize first. A fair exchange, wouldn't you agree?
>>
>>384735046
Well first and foremost you need to download an external program because the options that do the worst damage to the framerate aren't even included in the settings
>>
>>384735005
i did that recently also. you activate it and it triggers a cutscene. after the cutscene ends the credits roll and it says to get the full knightfall ending you need to finish everything. it'll put you right back where you activated the cutscene and you can resume everything you wanted to finish up.
>>
>>384735321
I'd be ok with the """reveal""" if it had made more sense. His reasons for doing everything on the game felt really weak.

Not to mention the so-called "detective" Batman couldn't even ask Oracle or something to actually check if Robin was alive or not.
>>
>>384735103
If Scarecrow was removed as a threat that early there would be no more major threat to the city for the entire game. The Arkham Knight's army wasn't there to terrorize Gotham, they were there to hunt down Batman. Remember, Todd didn't want to destroy the city, he wanted to remove Batman as its protector and take that role for himself.
>>
>>384735083
>>384735401
Nice. I'll activate it and then finish everything.

I just want a break after playing this non-stop the whole week. Thanks.
>>
Where is it on sale?
>>
>>384735492
Yeah but the militia was under standing orders to "kill any cop/soldier/etc who tries to stop this and protect Gotham's scum while I wear down the Batman." They were effectively holding the city hostage so that Batman's rogues gallery could coordinate an offensive against him. The big threat against Batman wasn't even to Gotham this time around, the big threat was his enemies hunting his allies down. A theme that you could carry out more effectively without the "stop the fear gas" gimmick interfering.
>>
>>384735459
To be fair, when Jason Todd "died", Batman was in complete shock and probably not thinking straight. As far as he was concerned, he had failed at his one and only mission: Keeping the people under his protection alive at all costs.
>>
>>384735796
I disagree. Fear was a theme of the game, namely Batman's fear of losing his family. Scarecrow was there to personify that fear.
>>
>>384735578
the flashsale on ps4
>>
>>384735986
Scarecrow's posturing got pretty limp, though. All that bragging about how "I've already won, Batman, your legend is over" [heard over the sound of Batman diligently ruining all of Scarecrow's plans] got real old, 2nd only to Arkham Knight's obnoxious "You may have won this time, but you didn't REALLY win!" Again, Scarecrow's not even the best person to personify the fear of Batman failing his family. He doesn't know enough about Batman or his family to really bring the hurt. Ironically, the best fear-stalker to drive this point home would be an unmasked Jason, to really rub it in Batman's face over and over again how hard he failed. Too bad they unmasked Jason too late to actually do this.
>>
File: 20170426003827_1.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170426003827_1.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>384736251
I do agree that the unmasking of the Knight came far too late in the game to have the proper impact. By the time they actually revealed who he was, they had left so many obvious clues that Batman not figuring it out really made no sense.
>>
File: 20170427174852_1.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170427174852_1.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>384706656
I'll give the game one thing and one thing only: It gives the best explanation of any form of media as to how Jason Todd survived his death- he never actually died and Batman saw a fake video. No Superboy prime wall-punches, no having to retcon how the Lazarus Pits work.

Having said that, it makes zero sense that Batman basically hired a new Robin a few weeks later, that Batman never actually investigated Jason's death or that all of this occurred under fucking Arkham Asylum DURING the events of the first game.
>>
I hope in the next game they'll actually let you walk around normal Gotham and not just Goon city. For once i'd like to see who i'm protecting so goddamn much.
>>
>>384736527
those moments were so chill.
>>
This game has some real effective fucking jump scares. Man-Bat, Joker and Batman in first person when playing as Gordon scared the shit outta me.
>>
>>384736527
You know, I thought that I would despise them bringing the Joker back, but I was really impressed by the end of it.

>>384736642
>implying that there will be another game
>>
>>384736702
another game is already confirmed, bruh.
>>
>>384736702
>implying that there will be another game

WB Montreal is developing one right now. Did you really think WB would give up their cash cow?
>>
It was a great character study for Bruce. really delved into his psyche until he got rid of his "Jokerness". 7deep3/v/
>>
>>384736662
holy shit this. that first joker scene legit made me yelp.
>>
>>384736565
>that Batman never actually investigated Jason's death or that all of this occurred under fucking Arkham Asylum DURING the events of the first game.
You have got to be fucking kidding me. Any source on that anon? No fucking way it was going on at the same time as the first game, I'm pretty sure he already had Tim as Robin at that time.
>>
the worst thing about this game is that it makes Asylum and City character designs look like shit in comparison.
>>
>>384736565
Where did they said that the situation with Jason Todd happened during Arkham Asylum?
>>
>>384736526
IMO, the story should have had the basic structure:
>Batman stops Scarecrow at Ace Chemicals, he gets a facefull of toxin and awakens the Joker, but Scarecrow is but away
>Books Scarecrow at the GCPD, Arkham Knight hacks the TVs
>He says that Scarecrow had wanted to save Batman's big unmasking for some big moment to maximize fear or something, but that he can't wait
>Reveals his identity to the camera, and says that this is all about revenge for the Batfamily abandoning him
>Confesses the IDs of Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and Oracle to the world
>Commands Gotham and Bludhaven's underworld to attack Batman's allies and their allies, all under the protection of his militia
>Rest of game is Batman having to defend his family from the rogues gallery while also protecting the city from the havoc that the villains wreak as a means to distract him and wear him down
Of course this would require making Jason much more bitter and ruthless than the actual game did, since in the game he only has beef with Bruce and not the rest of the f@m. But still it would have been thematically more consistent with the whole "Batman's fear of losing his family and identity" theme they ended up shooting for. Plus having Batman's ID get revealed at the start, as opposed to the end, of the story is more interesting and uncharted waters. But that's just my shit ideas, you're free to call them shit if you want. I'm slightly drunk anyways.
>>
>>384736565
Didn't Joker mail a tape to Batman straightaway faking Jason's death? It's not like he went "welp the old Robin's lost better get a new one," Joker made sure that Bruce thought that he had immediately killed Jason, then spent the next few months torturing him at his leisure.
>>
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>384737239
Doing it that early would have been terrible. Jason wanted to drag things out, he wanted Batman to have to think about every possibility as to who the Knight could be. He wanted Batman to suffer, knowing the Knight was someone from his past, someone he had wronged, but just not being able to figure it out.

Now they still waited way too long for the reveal, but doing it too early would have been just as bad.
>>
The ending was OK. Bruce showed Jason that he would do anything to save his family, even reveal his identity to the world. At the same time he killed his billionaire persona so he could become Batman 24/7.
>>
>>384737487
That's the motivation Jason gives in-game, but that's stupid. Batman is hurt 1000x more badly by brooding over how he could have fucked up at saving Jason than saying "I wonder who this fucker could be? I've made a lot of enemies in my time..." The former is a father realizing that he let his son suffer a fate worse than death. The latter is an intellectual curiosity.
>>
I like how the dialogue for bringing in the side villains changes if you wait to grab them after finishing the main story.

Penguin saying something like "of course you would end up being a damned Wayne" and other stuff.

Arkham Knight has a lot of nice details.

Though now I wonder how the Hush sequence plays out if you do it after the identity reveal. The Hush stuff was short but man it was a good scene.
>>
File: GGtF0Dx.png (350KB, 1320x2089px) Image search: [Google]
GGtF0Dx.png
350KB, 1320x2089px
Part of me hoped this was real..
>>
>Must get EVERY SINGLE RIDDLE IN THE GAME to fight The Riddler

Who the hell thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>384737784
>massive buildup of Azrael in Arkham City
>he's a sidequest of 5 VR combat sessions and a dialogue that never goes anywhere
t-thanks
>>
>>384709467

John Noble knocked it out of the park though
>>
>>384737837
>Man Bat
That reminds me of how that quest ended in an easter egg that showed that his wife had turned into fem-Bat. Shame it will never end up going anywhere.
>>
>>384728325
>>384728565

Without counter icons I thought that fight was fun as fuck. Origins was full of good bosses.
>>
>>384738297
thats how i felt about hush. that was my favorite side quest in city and i dont like how it was handled in knight.
>>
>>384711646
The only great boss in an Arkham game was Mister Freeze on hard mode, in Arkham Asylum.
>>
>>384712487
That's the best Batman outfit
>>
So /v/ did you kill or spare Ras?

Did you let Batman have his first kill? Or was Ras in that state not really a kill?
>>
>>384739329
If I'm doing what Batman would do, I save Ra's. If I'm doing what I would do, I let him die.
>not really a kill
isn't a compromise that Batman makes.
>>
What DLC should I get?
>>
>>384726581
it's amazing, all they had to do was make a jet black skin tight suit but instead they put padding fucking EVERYWHERE

also the cape looks silly
>>
>>384739474
Its interesting though the rationalizations that are brought up when Bruce and Alfred discuss the matter before you go back to Ras.

It was pretty striking though that Ras says "I'm proud of you Detective." when you decide on the kill.
>>
the silent takedowns are fucking shit
Batman is all about stealth and he sucks at taking down thugs silently
>>
>>384739787
Did you perhaps tried to punch them while choking them? If you don't press anything, you'll choke them silently.
>>
How the fuck does Dr. Crane keep getting grant money? I swear the tenure system is corrupt bullshit.
>>
>>384727883
>you're in the batmobile maybe 1/4th of the time

That's a fucking horrendous amount of time to be in the fucking thing, that's 25% of your playtime for crying out loud.
>>
>>384739484
honestly unless you can get them bundled together at a reduced price or you just want to pick up a specific batsuit i wouldnt bother. a couple weeks ago i got the season pass on sale for 9 bucks so i got every piece of dlc included. i recently beat the main story and did some of the dlc and they are very short. dont even bother with harley quinn, catwoman, robin and nightwing because that is short as fuck. im talking like 15-20mins. apparently the batgirl dlc is the longest ive heard around 45ish minutes havent done that one yet. i've always been a fan of the challenge maps so at least those were in some form of dlc.
>>
>>384740949
Sounds bad. I'm guessing they don't add anything special to the story?
>>
>>384711646
>Man-Bat is just a puzzle
Nothing wrong with that. Mr. Freeze was a puzzle boss too
>>
>>384739329
I took him back to GCPD because I wanted all those cells to be full. And then Man-Bat escaped and triggered my OCD.
>>
>>384737746
But by always having that on his mind while he was dealing with Scarecrow and everyone else, it ate at him. It tortured him. Then, when Jason had him where he wanted, he revealed himself, making that torment even worse. The reveal brought on all those feelings you talked about at once, a sucker punch to a drained, tired Batman. Not only had he failed to protect Gotham, his family, and Jason, but "The World's Greatest Detective" couldn't even see what was right in front of his own face the whole time. That's the kind of thing that would have driven a lesser man insane, which was what Jason wanted. But Jason, for all his planning, for all he thought he knew about Batman, still underestimated him.
>>
Personally I think this game had one of the best superhero experiences I've ever had in any media (I don't read comics so I'm sure there's something better). It was the right kind of edgy and fantastical that I would've liked. I also might be biased since Scarecrow is my favorite villain but holy shit did I enjoy this minus some shortcomings.
>>
>>384738010
It was a good idea. Why would the Riddler face Batman without having him go through that whole ordeal first? Riddler's whole thing is toying with Batman and proving he's more intelligent, so the confrontation was the prize for solving everything. As far as Riddler was concerned, Batman would never be able to solve everything, so he'd never actually have to worry about facing him.

If they had let you face Riddler after finding 50 trophies, it would have felt so cheap and unrewarding.
>>
File: Untitled.png (110KB, 1628x999px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
110KB, 1628x999px
Give it to me straight doctor. How fucked would I be if I tried playing AK on PC? I already own the game on PS4 but I hear the 60fps would improve the game by a wide margin
>>
>>384739775
Of course he says that, he had been trying for years to get Batman to kill him.
>>
>>384741793
It makes sense in-game, but it's a total chore for the player.

I'd been good with it if it wasn't 243 of those trophies, really.
>>
>>384738010
You have to do it to get the true ending. That's even more bullshit
>>
>>384741503
The kill option still has Ras ending up at GCPD. He is just slowly dying off in a hospital bed over the next few days.
>>
>>384740691
Would you rather have spent all that time slowly gliding around the city?
>>
>>384741571
Not really, senpai, the question of the AK's identity wasn't a big deal in Batman's head. And we should know because Joker was in there, mouthing off everything Batman's subconscious was trying to say. The question was simply not a priority over "Keep Robin safe" and "stop Scarecrow" and "MUH BARBARA." It was a mild annoyance at most. The AK, going all "Yeah I bet this is REALLY eating at you, huh??" was him projecting. The real hammer blow didn't arrive until the mask came off.
>>
>>384741106
well technically catwoman, robin and nightwing dlc all take place after the main story but is so insignificant plot wise that it doesnt even matter. you're just rounding up riddler, two-face and penguin in a very very short mission. i havent tried the batgirl one like i mentioned before and that one takes place before the events of asylum which sounds kinda cool but i doubt it'll be anything explosively good.

theres the season of infamy dlc which is standalone missions for mad hatter, killer croc, freeze and ra's. those are a bit longer but max you'll get on each is like 30mins if even.

i loved the arkham series but the dlc has always been pretty mediocre.
>>
>>384742001
Yeah, 243 was a bit much. A solid 200 would have been fine.
>>
>>384742103
It's not really as bad as it sounds, since gliding got really fast in this game, thanks to all the upgrades.
>>
>>384741906
Your RAM is probably the thing that will hurt you the most with that game. Depending on the speed of your hard drive and whether it's SATA II or SATA III, that could also have a significant impact. You're probably better off just sticking to the PS4 version.
>>
>>384742457
Figured as much. Damn
>>
Can we all agree that the whole part where you become the Joker was really great?
>Shooting a thousand thugs with your car
>Shooting a million missiles
>Suddenly, you're in an FPS
>A horror FPS
>>
Why doesn't anyone ever talk about the shit treatment Two-Face gets in these games? He's my favorite villain, hell, I have his coin tattooed on my arm, and in both AC and AK he's relegated to what is essentially a mini game. Beat up all the goons, and he loses. What fun.
>>
>Batman's dialogue after Catwoman gets rescued

I don't read comics but was it Rocksteady's idea to turn Batman into an unlikable cunt?
>>
>>384741660
Read Grant Morrison's Batman, and Stan Lee's Spider-Man if you can stand the 60's lingo.
>>
>>384706656
This worth it for $10 on PS4? Does it run like shit just like the PC?
>>
>>384742649
Yeah, that was probably one of the best surprises in the game. Things like this are why I can't understand how people get hung up on the Batmobile so much. Sure, it gets a little overused, but god damn, this game has so many awesome little gifts in it for you, I feel like dropping it because you don't like driving around and using a sweet tank is just such a waste.
>>
>>384742919
30fps but it's stable. The Arkham games aren't great at 30, they feel unresponsive to me and I have a hard time keeping combos going, but if you don't want to worry about the problems with the PC version, it's kind of your only choice.
>>
File: batman.jpg (74KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
74KB, 1200x675px
What gadget am I missing?
>>
>>384742649
i took alot of screenshots at that part. i thought that was an incredible surprise.
>>
>>384743148
freeze blast. its back in that containment area in that theatre sitting on a desk by a computer
>>
>>384743275
Thanks.
>>
>>384743496
np i missed that shit also. forgot which desk its on but its in that room where the patients were in. detective mode might spot it easy.
>>
>>384743790
I already found it. It was right next to the cell where Robin was.
>>
>Spend the whole game hyping the Arkham Knight
>He just disappears after his last fight
>Re-appears right at the end to shoot his gun once; no words.
>The end. No more info about him.

So, the rest is DLC, I suppose?
>>
Wait, I don't remember Robin getting sent to jail. Did I miss something horribly?
>>
>>384744232
That never happens. Maybe you misread something? The only "cell" he goes to, is the one where the Joker-infected patients are.
>>
>>384735046

I played with pretty much everything on ultra on a 1070 and didn't notice anything off about it.
>>
File: q46.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
q46.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>384744132
Yes
>>
>>384743148
>>384743275
>>384743790
That fucking thing. It took me forever to find that.
>>
>>384742703
>hell, I have his coin tattooed on my arm
Post proof
>>
>>384744595
Those are big pistols
>>
>>384737784
>Though now I wonder how the Hush sequence plays out if you do it after the identity reveal.
he still doesn't know bruce is batman until the mask comes off but afterwards lucius asks what bruce is going to do now that everyone knows his identity
>>
>>384738994
That fight is literal 10/10 in video games. Why couldn't they of learned from this?
>>
File: 2017-07-21 23.05.46.jpg (1MB, 1101x1966px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-21 23.05.46.jpg
1MB, 1101x1966px
>>384745352
Surprisingly difficult to get a decent picture of it. I was supposed to get it touched up a few months after getting it, but I just never went back.
>>
>>384727461
>Like where the fuck was Black Mask during the entire siege on Gotham?

Waiting for the fear gas shitstorm to blow over and then swoop in once Batman's gone along with all of his competition (Penguin, Two-Face)
>>
>>384726102
>>384727068
>>384726217
>joker parodies the sound in one of his announcements
>it gets warped before the announcent about catching the game last night before the scarecrow glitch hallway
asylum was so nice astheticly. i prefer its comic like user interface compared to the tech ui fron city and on.
>>
File: 1436234689170.png (291KB, 435x423px) Image search: [Google]
1436234689170.png
291KB, 435x423px
>>384725180
>Visit him in the post-game
>"BULLSHIT, BRUCE WAYNE IS NOT BATMAN, ITS A RUSE I TELL YOU!"
>Meanwhile in Origins, he narrowed Batman's identity between Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent, the latter of which he's sharing a cell with.
>>
I'm so glad /v/ is able to have a civil discussion about Batman. I love these threads, they're always the highlight of my night.
>>
>>384746848
To be fair, Rocksteady has said Origins isn't canon since they didn't make it. So as far as AK is concerned, Riddler had no idea who Batman actually was.
>>
>>384748368
But they explicitly reference the events of Origins in AK.
>>
>>384748420
Pretty sure that was mandated by WB. Pretty easy to assume the Riddler stuff is not something they carried over.
>>
>>384747812
right? best thread ive been in all night. i dont even care if people dislike the game because it isnt for everyone. i just wanna talk about it in a chill manner.
>>
>>384741503
>And then Man-Bat escaped and triggered my OCD
that's what you get for playing on halloween. (this only happens if you load a save file on october 31st)
>>
File: 1489136855899.png (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1489136855899.png
35KB, 700x700px
>>384734193
3840 is not 4k.
>>
>>384748869
what no way? thats pretty cool.
>>
I always wondered something about Calendar Man in AC. Is there any payoff for talking to him on every holiday? I was never autistic enough to do that.
>>
>>384742703

I wish we get a Long Halloween Arkham game. But maybe that should be redundat, since Arkham Knight happens also in halloween.
>>
>>384706656
No, the tank segments really are trash and they are way to big of a part of the core game to ignore it if you don't like it.
>>
>>384742649
>>>A horror FPS
that part actually creeped me out, I don't handle that whole 'objects teleporting outside your fov' thing so well
>>
>>384749390

Only an achivement. I'm doing it manually, waiting for the dates, not changing the dates on the computer. I'm that autistic for these games. I have all steam cheevos for Asylum and the PS4 platinum in Knight, i'm only missing that one in City and i'm after Origins right (sadly, i'll never get the online cheevos).
>>
>>384706656
I literally beat this yesterday.

THE BATMOBILE SUCKS. Fuck, that's my only problem with it.
>>
controversial opinion: platforming puzzles with the Batmobile were a unique and interesting gameplay element
>>
>>384731563
Well it was extra fucked up. Starts with Supes learning he's gonna be a dad. Then rumors Jokers in Metropolis. Then find out Joker has stolen some of scarecrows gas, and some kryponite, then a nuclear submarine...

Superman goes looking and finds the sub in about five minutes dives into it, everyone on board is dead, and inside the Nuclear missile is gone, but in its place are Joker and Harley are dressed as demented surgeons with Lois on the table... Superman rushes over in horror and Joker sprays him with green gas, suddenly DOOMSDAY IN YOU'RE FACE! Superman freaks out, knows what to do, get Doomsday off planet right away! Batmans screaming for him to stop as he plows Doomsday out of the sub and into orbit in about three seconds... which is how long it takes for the kryptonite laced scarecrow gas to wear off, and superman realizes he just carried the love of his life unprotected into hard vacuum...

Superman takes her back to Earth but its too late and her heart stops from the massive shock... and suddenly a nuclear device, attached to a relay hooked up to Lois's heart surgically by the Joker detonates in the heart of Metropolis killing millions.

Superman is in shock, Batman takes Joker to Arkham, and Joker reveals the whole reason he did it... That after years of constantly being beaten by the bat, he was bored, and decided to play on easy mode so he could finally win one, but he didn't realize just how easy it would be, and as he laughs like a maniac Superman smashes his way in and puts his hand through Jokers chest. And never stops smiling.
>>
>>384733049
>My punishment for dropping out of med school

Holy fuck, the Bat just cracked a joke?!
Thread posts: 505
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.