[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steam saves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: scream.png (174KB, 719x347px) Image search: [Google]
scream.png
174KB, 719x347px
>MFW I lost all my steam saves
Okay ladies and gentlemen. I'm in a bind right now. Here's my story.
I got a brand new machine because my old one died. Like completely dead. Drives dead and inaccessible. I reinstalled Steam on my new machine and all of my games lost all their save files. Not a single one has a save file. I know my stuff was backed up on the steam cloud because it was enabled and I had to reinstall steam on my old machine in the past and got a full restoration even with a complete reformat and reinstalled OS. However, now, I am royally fucked.

So my question is how do I regain my saves from the steam cloud? When I install a game now it's not asking me to resync with the steam cloud even though the option is enabled.
>>
>>384701531
If steam cloud is enabled your old saves should automatically download with each individual game as you reinstall them. Just try booting one up.

>>>/steamcustomersupport/
>>
>>384701782
I did my dude. Loaded up a game that was a total RNGfest when it comes to crafting and boom not a single continue. Just a
>Click here to start a new game :^)

And well yes I hold the people on /v/ in very high regard when it comes to game. You all are far more intelligent and efficient than the people that get hired for tech support. Or are you suggesting I try contacting steam support?
>>
>>384702050
Some games don't let you use steam cloud, like Grand Theft Auto V, and some Ubisoft games. Maybe check that games store page to see if it supports steam cloud, and perhaps try another game. Also check you steam settings to see how much of your steam cloud storage you've used, just to make sure your data's actually there. If it shows as 0gb used you may be out of luck.

Beyond that, just reinstall steam, make sure your fresh install of whatever operating system and antivirus you're using isn't fire walling steam in some way. If all that fails, as a last resort, you'll have to go through the finger nail peelingly painful task of contacting steam customer support.
>>
>>384702729
>Also check you steam settings to see how much of your steam cloud storage you've used, just to make sure your data's actually there. If it shows as 0gb used you may be out of luck.
Where is this located bro?
>>
>>384702892
I'm at my work computer, so I can't fire up steam and check for myself, but I think there's a dedicated Steam Cloud tab in the general Steam Settings window. Or it may be under the Internet Connection tab. I can't remember.
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=restore+saved+game+from+steam+cloud
>>
>>384701531
some games, or dare I say, a lot of games, don't support Steam Cloud

next time, you can use something like GSM
it backups the saves of all the games you have
http://www.gamesave-manager.com/
it does it properly: they maintain a database of where each game saves its config/profile files, and copies it

really neat free utility
>>
>>384702892
learn to use the internet retard
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+check+steam+cloud+space
>>
File: dicks.png (19KB, 606x593px) Image search: [Google]
dicks.png
19KB, 606x593px
>>384702892
Not sure about a global pool but
>right click title in library
>properties
>updates
gives me this.
>>
>>384701531
>hard drive dies
>buys a whole new computer
Retard alert
>>
first of all, you never have to deal with the cloud space
that shit is default per game, and you have the space specified by the dev to keep the files
ie: you can't go over the limit

second, not all games support steam cloud
see GSM
>>
>>384703017
Thanks man I appreciate teh gesture though. Yes you're right but the cloud just has to enable sync with the cloud and screenshots.

>>384703240
Oh that's where it is! Thanks bro. Yeah the game doesn't have that feature. You saved me a lot of time. Guess I just have to start from scratch.

>>384703041
>>384703205
I love you both, thank you for your contribution.
>>
>>384703295
Should have been more clear my dude. My fault. Entire machine was fried. Board, video card, drives etc. Old girl served me well.
>>
>>384703483
Okay thanks man. What's GSM in this context?
>>
>>384705597
http://www.gamesave-manager.com/
>>
>>384705557
next time don't cheap out on the PSU
>>
They should just let you manually direct Steam to the game's save location if the devs are going to be too lazy to implement it themselves. I'm sure there can be abuse, so obviously it should make sure .exe files and shit don't get uploaded.
>>
>>384705635
Solid, thanks.

>>384705643
A hard lesson to learn but one I won't soon forget.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.