[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old were you when you grew out of Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: wdhmbt.jpg (44KB, 707x614px) Image search: [Google]
wdhmbt.jpg
44KB, 707x614px
How old were you when you grew out of Pokemon?
>>
Never

But ORAS turned me off the games
>>
17-18 years old when X & Y was a thing. Thought I could get back in with Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire, but I essentially forced myself back into something that hadn't been fun for me since B&W. Ignored Sun/Moon for the life of me, and will most definitely be skipping out on Pokemon for Switch.

Part of me just grew out organically. Not to mention how casual it's gotten since Sun/Moon. But I always go back to the anime when it hits a new region every few years for some odd reason.
>>
>>384693708
>>
>>384693708
As soon as I got out of middle school
>>
>>384693708
Around black and white, picked it up got to the 5th gym and I couldn't be assed to go on. Boring as fuck games honestly don't even get me started on x and y
>>
>>384693708
I was in high school when Black and White came out, and they were such absolute garbage that they turned me off from the series as a whole.
A friend convinced me to get X and Y later on and I liked it well enough, but then ORAS and later SM were so awful that I ended up right back where I started. I'm not giving it a fourth chance.
>>
>>384693708
Early middle school. The Pokémon fad that started with Gen 1 had died out around then and it (along with other games like it) stopped being cool
>>
>>384693708
I started with Pokemon Red and grew out of it when they did the GBA versions.

I fully believe that the series wouldn't've gone down the shitter if they had focused on a more limited amount of Pokemon, say, the first 150 or 250 or so. Make them 3D, flesh out the battle mechanics, do whatever you can to make it a deeper experience. But instead of doing that, they just came up with crappier and crappier mon design to the point of the X/Y generation being basically fucking Digimon. The gen 1-2 mons were timeless and pretty much low-hanging fruit. Everything after reached further up the design tree to the point that it's just fucking keychains, snow cones, and edgy humanoid trash.

I love Pokemon Snap for this reason. It kept to the original Pokemon and fleshed them out.
>>
File: 250px-MD_Sky_EN_boxart.jpg (30KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MD_Sky_EN_boxart.jpg
30KB, 250x224px
The real question is, when did you grow into superior Roguelikes?
>>
>>384695792
>implying gen 1 didnt have piles of shit, poke balls and edgy humanoid trash
the pokemon designs are the only thing game freak hasnt fucked up
>>
>>384696072
I agree that Mr. Mime and Grimer are shit. However they didn't learn from their mistakes and continued to make shitty Pokemon.

That's why I don't respect Gamefreak.
>>
Like 14 with Emerald
>>
>>384693708
Before Emerald got out, I was 14 at the time I think.
>>
>>384693708
I haven't, but i'm kind of hoping the main line games eventually ditch turn based combat. I'm starting to realize that i've burnt out on it. Besides that I'd like to see the story branch away from "Mary Sue kid Saves the world from evil people" and maybe make something a little more mature.

I dunno, give me black and white 2, but with real time combat.
>>
>>384696317
Hey
>>
File: 1491768407988.png (118KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1491768407988.png
118KB, 500x490px
>>384693708
When Gen 4 happened
>>
>>384696045
When the series turned to shit.
>>
>>384693708
After BW2
>>
>>384696390
Unfortunately I doubt that will happen. I'm a little burnt out on it too, but I still enjoy the games enough to keep buying them, but even Yakuza style beat-em-up style gameplay with special moves to simulate the pokemon moves would be good. Removes the need for dumb as fuck moves like tackle, pound, and scratch, because those just because the basic attack of every Pokemon.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.