[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 0.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>384687549
Xenoblade 2
>>
Battle system was fine. Wasn't anywhere near as spammy as 2 and flowed better than 3. It was literally everything else that was shit.
>>
Combat was great, area design was the best in the series, music was really cool, menus weren't ugly ifyou were playing the International version

The character writing and narrative are weak points but it does enough things that I like that I can't help but roll my eyes at anyone calling it a disaster
>>
Yes. Only things I even remember about it were the cake and fucking Crowe or whatever his name was.

But then the only thing I remember about 5 is the sexy witch.
>>
>Combat
Very good

>Everything else
Puke inducing
>>
>>384687492
is this star ocean

I like blue/pink girl
>>
>>384687492
>Good combat
>Decent Crafting (gated such that you couldn't completely abuse until end game)
>Hit or miss characters (mostly miss, with some being average)
>Not great storytelling (It meanders a lot. It also feels like the ST:Enterprise of Star Ocean.)
>Horrible story writing.

I enjoyed the fuck out of it for the combat and for Myuria and Reimi being eye candy. It also help I played the international versions, m'kay.
>>
It's my favorite Star Ocean. The combat makes me cum buckets, especially in post-game.

Fantastic graphics too.
>>
>>384687492
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~
>>
I remember bosses being disabled by fucking retards.
>boss has a shell he returns to
>if hit, he'll fill his boost gauge and slaps your ass
>trick is to hit his weak spot
>whenever he goes into shell mode, one of your retarded party members is already casting whatever to hit him
>the easiest way to circumvent this is to set everyone to passive and only use Edge
I remember this happening a couple more times.
Other than that and the very fucking obvious plot twists, I did like it though. Could have done without the "realistic anime" aesthetic though.
>>
>>384693439
>being disabled
No idea why the fuck I've written disabled instead of designed.
>>
>>384687492
miles better than SO5
>>
I felt like as far as the "concept" went, its what I want from a Star Ocean game. Exploring not a single boring fantasy planet, but multiple planets with a growing party of characters of different origins from all over the universe, and interacting with them on your ship.

That's what I want.

But I don't understand how they somehow managed to make a cast of characters in which, no matter who you are or what your preferences are, there will be at least one character who ruins the entire dynamic for you.

For most people in the west that seemed to be Lymle or Meracle. I imagine some people didn't like Faize or Arumat . For some Edge and Reimi were too generic. Personally, I couldn't fucking stand Sarah and as soon as it became clear she was sticking around I couldn't keep going.

But the point is, that cast triggered everyone in some way. Its almost an achievement in itself.
>>
>>384694141
It happens a lot in games with big casts, it's just more obvious here since voice acting and cutscenes exacerbate the problem.

FFXIII, people often hate Vanille, or Hope, or Snow. FFX, well, lets say that there are a lot of love hate characters in that. FFVIII has a pretty polarizing cast as well. I personally can't stand most of Tales of Berseria cast.

It's actually really hard to find a game where people will like all party members. It's probably one of the reason games like Chrono Trigger and FF VII are so fondly remembered (or more fondly remembered than they probably deserve).
>>
Yes, aside from being one of the earlier examples of ass jiggle
>>
Gameplay-wise, it was pretty good. Unfortunately, I came into the game thinking it was a reboot and to this day, I still think the plot is retartded

>MC gives ship engine to obviously evil scientist because "I swear I will use it for good" who then blows up an alternate universe
>Green haired elf guy becomes evil because some girl he literally never learned the name of dies
>Evil villain is some force of nature that doesn't like that the universe is growing too quickly
>MC: "We will make it so that we NEVER share technology with anyone ever because someone might do the same dumbass mistake I did and blow up the universe!"

I found out it was a prequel, but that somehow made it worse for me knowing that all the idiocy was just to make the game fit into the series.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.