[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun Minions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Regular enemies that you love fighting, be it for their mechanics, aesthetics or difficulty.

No bosses allowed, just mobs.

Personally, I really liked sword-and-shield enemies in the 3D zeldas that force you to dodge around and time your attacks and blocks, and Lizalfos are usually one of the funnest enemies in these games. I was really disappointed with the lack of this type of fighting in Skyward Sword, which focused more on aiming your slashes instead of guarding and countering, the one exception being the Lizalfos, which hopped around and counter-attacked and were one of the funnest enemies to fight in that game.
>>
Most humanoid enemies in the Metroid Prime series were pretty good too, they usually circled around and flanked samus and made sure you had to use your dodging and jumping abilities;
>>
File: Three-elites-h3.png (88KB, 250x318px) Image search: [Google]
Three-elites-h3.png
88KB, 250x318px
>>
>>384686578

They were pretty good. I wish the trilogy had a bigger enemy variety, though.
>>
>>384685402
*teleports behind you*
Nothing personal, Corvo.
>>
>>384686578
Bingo, all of the Covenant is fun
>>
>>384686578
>>384687735

Were the AI of these guys really good? They seem a lot more smart and responsive than modern day fps enemies. Even when their AI fucked up and did shit like a grunt sticking an elite with a plasma grenade, its actually pretty believable. They also had lots of personality with their quips.
>>
>>384687884
Yeah they had pretty good A.I, bungie really went out of their way not only to make enemies that were fun to fight but arenas that was fun to fight them in. A.I really has not advanced all that much over the years, F.E.A.R came out in like 2005
>>
>>384685402
Fat Bandits and regular Bandits in Kingdom Hearts 1 were initially obnoxious to fight, but after studying their patterns they became really enjoyable to counter, especially the fat bandits
>>
>>384687884
Bungie was incredible at making fun AI back in those days. Elites did a really believable job being the "leader" of their respective teams
>>
wizards in crpg
if you have to reload a fight its probably because of a wizard
>>
>>384688191
Good enemy design isnt the same thing as oneshotting you without counterplay.

It should be hard, but fair. It shouldn't be hard, but cheesy.
>>
File: bzzap_Im_over_here.jpg (103KB, 842x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bzzap_Im_over_here.jpg
103KB, 842x1024px
That handsome devil.
>>
>>384688021

It seems like enemy AI in FPS games has actually regressed a lot in the last few years.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.