[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absolver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: absolver1.jpg (61KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
absolver1.jpg
61KB, 620x300px
One month to go

What style you gonna play?
Why did the developers forget to put in the staff weapon that's in their promotional art?
>>
>>384684152
I'll most likely start with Forsaken, same as I played in the last closed beta.

The staff will be in post-launch.
>>
>>384684863
Hard to guage how good they will be with post launch content

It seems silly to include promotional art of stuff that won't be at launch
>>
>>384685415
At the very least, there will be more moves and weapons introduced over time.
>>
Will this be good /v/? How was the beta?
>>
>>384684152
I liked the one that let you dodge stuff. I forgot what it was called. One thing I really liked about the game was the sound on the impact of your punches. It felt incredibly satisfying.
>>
>>384685496
Yeah they seemed clear enough about that, although with that pricetag they probably need to sell a lot to find incentive to keep going

Not to mention that eith this many moves balancing seems like an utter nightmare
>>
>>384685664
I had high hopes for the game before the beta, and after it, I'm still excited.

>>384685717
Windfall lets you spotdodge.
Forsaken lets you parry.
Kahlt lets you absorb.
All three allow dashes.
>>
>>384685717
>>384685717
Windfall, the hardest and most patrician of the styles

The sound design in this game is fuckin great, so are the physics. When you roundhouse a guy you really feel like you sent him flying 50 feet sideways
>>384685664
Combat was great but there were a lot of netcode bugs, wait a couple days to see people's reception
>>
>>384685868
>>384685903
Yeah, Windfall was the one. I should've played it more, but man was the combat good. I hope the game does well.
>>
>>384686057
Chance is it will do at least moderately okay due to the whole "for honor sucks whats next" crowd. Plus I don't think they have any other competition close by

Devs just have to not fuck up in marketing
>>
It seems good, i like the parry style, was it any good in the beta?
>>
>>384686467
Probably the easiest with the biggest payoff

Bad for learning moves though since it interrupts the combo
>>
What is the drunken fists style actual ability

All I saw was moves
>>
Windfall 4 life

Seems like they will be buffing it too
>>
>>384688172
I don't think Stagger's ability was ever elaborated on, if there even is one.
>>
>>384688614
It was never shown in the vids, which seems real peculiar

Not like I can think of a 4th defensive ability anyway, they seem to have it covered
>>
So I read the steam page of this anD i'm kind of confused. It sounds like an open world For Honor. Is that accurate?
>>
File: 3068855-absolver+-+screen+6.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3068855-absolver+-+screen+6.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>384690463
Not really. The shortest I can describe the game is "Dark Souls meets God Hand."

You wander around a quiet overworld and engage in PvE with enemy AI, with the chance of randomly meeting other players in the overworld, finding bits of loot here and there. You can also queue directly for various PvP modes.

The crux of the combat system is building your own combos with the moves you know ala God Hand. You can learn moves from fighting enemies or from your mentor, and you use them to piece together your combat deck, whether you're unarmed or using whatever weapon you have prepared. The idea of the core combat system is that you have four stances (more like orientations), and your various moves you can use are all based on your body's orientation. You have an omni-block, but depending on the style you use, you have an additional defensive ability (see >>384685868). There are no distinct characters like For Honor, but everyone can put together their own combat deck and really personalize their fighting style.
>>
>>384690928
>You wander around a quiet overworld and engage in PvE with enemy AI, with the chance of randomly meeting other players in the overworld, finding bits of loot here and there.
There are even bonfires -- sorry, "altars" -- you can rest at to recover health and queue for the PvP modes at. There's a little bit of Fashion Souls as well in there.

Also, meeting other players in the overworld are not quite like invasions. You can meet up to two other players at random in the segment of the world you're in, and they are not locked to specific objectives like white or red phantoms are. They're just other players. You can let them go, you can help clear an area with them, or you can fight them on the spot.
>>
>>384690928
Thanks. Game looks dope
>>
>>384691227
I hope there is some control over this whole seamless multiplayer shit

Don't get me wrong, I am all for the occasional cooping and pvp, but when you have retards roundhouse kicking you while you are trying to learn moves from NPCs then everything becomes 500 times more tedious
>>
The game looks like For Honor if it wasn't shit
>>
>>384692332
You can set up a co-op group with up to two other players, and that'll pull you out of the open-world matchmaking.
>>
>>384692558
Yeah but that requires friends anon

Hopefully there is just an offline mode so I can grind sword skills in peace. I had to kill so many people because they knocked out the sword out of an NPCs hands
>>
>>384692843
The vast majority of players I met in the open world during the closed beta will generally leave you alone or otherwise help clear enemy AI. I've only met a scant few who will actively try to gank me, and I beat the fuck out of them every time.
>>
>>384693952
But that's the thing, these people do try to "help", not realizing you are actively not trying to kill the NPC you are fighting. Due to the emote system its also very hard to tell them to stop being chucklefucks
>>
>>384685728
>>Not to mention that eith this many moves balancing seems like an utter nightmare
I feel like the balancing sorts itself out precisely because there are so many moves to learn. It all comes down to personal preference what you want your combos to look like, given the moves you have available. Some moves may appear more prevalent than others (Absorb Haymaker and Mill Pull were relatively popular), but you still have to approach every enemy player with caution, as you don't know what moves they're packing.
>>
How do weapons work? Are there swords and shit?

Can someone unarmed block a sword?
>>
>>384694383
Yes but one of the advantages of swords is chip damage

Weapons work much like a combat deck, in that they also have a big list of moves you can learn and customize like you would with fists. So in a duel scenario for example you could be using your fists and realizing your opponent is extremely defensive, so you whip out your sword deck equipped with guard breaking tech and tear him apart.
>>
File: KeyArt_Fight.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
KeyArt_Fight.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>384694126
Moves take time to learn anyway, even if you're accelerating the process by using your defensive ability. Plus, you only cash out the XP you earn towards moves when you actuall KO the enemy. I get trying to exploit an enemy just so you can learn that one particular move you're trying to master, but you can guarantee that you'll learn the move eventually. That's really the main sort of progression you can expect in this game outside of the typical levels and stat boosts: learning moves.

>>384694383
To explain weapons, I have to first explain Tension Shards. Tension Shards are basically your character's power meter: you gain them as a fight progresses, and you can store up to a certain number of them. These shards can be spent for various abilities, like a self-heal or a shockwave, or you can use it to summon your weapon.

Weapons have their own Combat Deck, meaning you can design your own combos for your weapon from the moves you have, and they follow the same rules as fighting unarmed. You CAN block a weapon unarmed, but you'll take increased chip damage. There are a few caveats to using a weapon:
>Weapons have durability, and they break VERY quickly. You can eventually summon another weapon later.
>You can be disarmed if you take enough blows, and you or your enemy can pick up the weapon you drop.
>If your weapon is destroyed or you de-summon it, it goes on a short cooldown.
For these reasons, it's best to consider weapons as a temporary upgrade, instead of a full-blown replacement for your fists.

At launch, the only weapon types available are swords and war gloves. Staves are confirmed coming, and more weapons will be available as time goes on.
>>
>>384684863
>Beta
Did I miss something? Will there be another? I really want to try this game out.
>>
>>384694936
Nah man it only takes like a minute to learn from a single NPC assuming no disruption, it's a far easier and more managable way of adding moves to your arsenal. And it's no more 'exploiting' the system than simply sparring against a real person would be
>>
>>384694936
It's worth noting that you can also find disposable weapons out in the open world. They won't last you long, but it's something.

>>384695097
There's been a couple closed alpha/betas. The last one was last month. There will be no more betas before launch.
>>
Why do they wear masks? Do they give different abilities or is just aesthetic choice?
>>
>>384695254
They have different stats but from alpha testing the impact of weight was tiny, so its mostly just aesthetics
>>
>>384684152
>Multi
No thanks
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>384695254
Despite lore importance, masks are mostly aesthetics, although masks do count as part of the armor/clothing system, in that they have weight and armor contributions. Short version of the armor system, for those unaware:
>9 slots for clothes/armor: mask, shoulders, undershirt, overshirt, armguard/elbowguard, gloves, belt, pants, shoes
>Gear has weight and protections (general/cutting/blunt)
>Heavier clothes/armor = more protections, shorter dash, weaker attacks
>Lighter clothes/armor = less protections, further dashes, stronger attacks
>>
>>384695768
You know what year you are in, retardo?
>>
>>384684152
Looks fun wish the armour design was better looks like minimalist garbage.
>>
>>384696079
Between the nine slots for clothes (>>384695772) and overall variety offered, there's plenty of opportunity to play Fashionsolver.
>>
This game looks pretty good.

Unfortunately, I think the move system will be easily exploited. If you learn moves by blocking and taking hits, there needs to be a system implemented where you can't just give your friends specific moves by throwing matches.
>>
File: 1405787803735.jpg (50KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1405787803735.jpg
50KB, 720x480px
>>384696702
There's the mentor system, where a mentor can take on a player(s) as a student. This gives you the opportunity to, among other things, outright borrow your mentor's combat deck.

That said,
>Boosting to learn moves
>>
>>384696702
I mean that is quite literally what the system encourages, 'sparring' against a friend to teach moves. And its not like you are throwing matches because your friend still has to learn to dodge timing repeatedly against those moves to learn them
>>
>>384696702
I can see why you think passing down moves could cause an imbalance and have people be "carried", but in terms of pvp all the moves seemed rather balanced and it wasn't your moves that determined if you won but how you adapted to your opponents timing.
>>
>>384697080

From what I've seen you don't learn the moves until you win the match. So it would involve throwing matches to friends.

I am curious how fast you learn the moves with the mentor system, though.
>>
Oh thank god it has PVE. I thought this was another For Honor PVP only shitfest.
>>
>>384697885
Yeah they do have to eventually die I suppose, but the learning process itself is far from skill less

From my experience each move took about 13 or so uses of your defensive ability, and infinitely longer to learn by just blocking

If someone is your mentor you straight up just have access to their deck as long as they stay your mentor
>>
>>384697885
I think the throwing thing is implanted for a very specific reason, and thats for the NPC encounters

In essence, you basically wager how much you are willing to risk losing every time you spar against an NPC, you could learn the complete move against a single NPC if you are good, but that requires you to perfectly dodge them a large number of times and then kill them quickly. Those fights when you have a couple moves ready to be learned are definitely more exciting.
>>
I want to be a mentor.

sounds cool as fuck
>>
>>384698638
>that requires you to perfectly dodge them a large number of times and then kill them quickly
You gain much more move XP if you use your style's defensive ability (Avoid/Parry/Absorb) to counteract a move.

>>384698862
Pierre, the lead dev on Sloclap, has been doing Q&A streams on Devolver's Twitch the past couple days. One of the notes that came up was that you'll have to be a minimum level before you can be a mentor, or something to that effect.
>>
>>384698862
Basically just have a bunch of assholes walkin around fighting using your finely crafted combat style

Question is: who'd want to be your studenr
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.