[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Maximo the Dark Souls of the PS2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

>>
File: 1480631915798.gif (414KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
1480631915798.gif
414KB, 480x361px
Nah it was just a well designed 3d platformer that punished you for jumping head first into shit. An hour in you're even suspecting the visible side chest of being a trap that elevates terrain and summons an irritating encounter

It's a good game, camera could be a ballache though. Especially with jumps
>>
File: 51H0FNE4SJL.jpg (46KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
51H0FNE4SJL.jpg
46KB, 353x500px
>>384684028
kingsfield is ps2's dark souls, you fucking retard
>>
No, Maximo is actually good.
>>
>>384684887
This
>>
File: 1472426851828.jpg (67KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
1472426851828.jpg
67KB, 640x908px
>>384684818
Eternal ring was dece too and had a great soundtrack. Was more much linear than King's Field though
>>
>>384686027
Where can i find the rom for this?
>>
>>384686092
google
>>
>>384686092
>rom
Nope, this is a PS Double exclusive.
>>
>>384684818
>first person garbage
>>
>>384684818
kings field was literally nothing like dark souls, fuck off, if anything, dark souls
has more in common with armored core.
not that pile of shit walking simulator you call a game.
>>
>>384684028
>Maximo
Man fuck this game. As a kid I remember being so damn frustrated by it. I barely ever managed to even get past the first world, let alone finishing the whole game.
>>
>>384686826
Come on now, it was hard but not that hard. It's also a spiritual successor to Ghouls n' Ghosts, so they had to keep the difficulty up.
>>
>>384686027
This is literally the only game I have ever seen worth nothing. I got it for like 3 bucks when I got a PS2, played it a bit and found it wasn't for me. I went to trade it in and they literally wouldn't take it cause it was worth nothing. I've seen them offer like 10 cents for old shit and even take discs scratched too hell. This was in perfect condition and it was so bad they wouldn't even take it for free when I told them to keep it. That's how devoid of value this game is.
>>
>>384686915
>it was hard but not that hard

Well, to me it was brutal. I will accept that I have always been retarded at video games but yeah the point is that I never got very far into this game. I guess it was my fault for trying to play it like Onimusha.
>>
>>384687093
Well, I won't make an argument for the general gameplay, it was something you put up with. The music was good enough though that you'd savour investigating every nook and cranny though

Fave tracks probably
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rolLe7il3Zs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US7Dph9pC8A
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.