[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About HL3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: hl3_logo_beta_001345155.jpg (48KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hl3_logo_beta_001345155.jpg
48KB, 1920x1080px
Ok. Let me rip off the band-aid first to you guys and then I’ll proceed to explain everything:

Half Life 3 is going to be the greatest thing the gaming universe have ever seen. The reason it hasn’t been released yet is because the technology and our concept about gaming are still not prepared to it.

Let’s go.
We all know about Valve’s famous statement about Portal 2:
>Portal 2 is going to be our last single player game or whatever
Yeah. We have read about it everywhere. Many speculations about what they meant about this. None of them confirmed.

I’ll tell you what I KNOW. As simple as possible.

We learned that the Combine were now stranded on Earth and the battle to retake the planet has started. Half Life 3 will make this battle happen in real time. An actual map of the entire planet is taking form as we speak and human soldiers that will fight this battle will be us. The whole concept of everyday people joining the cause and aiding the main characters is there in the games. Gordon Freeman, Alyx and the others will still be there but they will act like the heroes in Battlefront. There will be missions, battles, sieges, assasinations, and all the real political stuff that would happen if the countries of the Earth were trying to retake power. Imagine the governments seeing the opportunity to gain territory and power while fighting for survival. You’ll create your own character, personalize it and choose your battlefield… your homeland… and this will influence the whole game. People will try to save your country from the Combine and also from other human enemies that will be there.

>Tl;dr HL3 will be a massive multiplayer fps in a real size post apocalyptic Earth where we’re still trying to retake control from the Combine forces. The plot is there. The heroes are there. Except this time WE will be that small group of npc’s that happens to find Freeman in the middle of the battlefield and help him crowbar the hell of some headcrabs.
>>
>>384677795
I bet it's not even in development
>>
File: 1478549296979.jpg (54KB, 540x742px) Image search: [Google]
1478549296979.jpg
54KB, 540x742px
>>384677795
Hl3 will never be able to live up to the hype. Gabe knows this and would rather let HF fade away and be know as the "the game that could have" other then release it and have it be a disappointment. HL3 NEVER EVER.
>>
>>384677795
Sounds awful.
>>
>>384677795
Sounds fucking horrible. No thanks.
>>
>>384677795
So they've removed literally everything that made the other half-life games good?
>>
>>384678051
this is it.
the only way they could release half life 3 at this point is if they reboot the series. i don't know of any games that went through dev hell for more than 8 years to come out being praised, or even remotely good.
>>
Half Life 3 isn't in development and probably never will be.

feelsbadman
>>
File: half-life-2-parallel-universe.jpg (133KB, 934x525px) Image search: [Google]
half-life-2-parallel-universe.jpg
133KB, 934x525px
All I want is Episode 3 with some damn closure to the story :(
>>
>>384677795
yeah, sure.
also sage
>>
Half Life 2 Episode 2 was the ending of the game, I don't get how you people don't understand this. Use your imagination to finish the game because Half-life 3 isn't coming out.
>>
>>384681437
What more could you possibly want? There's not enough story for another game. That's where gabe fucked up. All the Rebels had to do at the end of episode 2 was just kill off the remaining combine. There is no Dr.evil anymore.
>>
File: live and die on this jimmy.jpg (262KB, 1919x1085px) Image search: [Google]
live and die on this jimmy.jpg
262KB, 1919x1085px
I don't play MMORPGs.
>>
>>384677795
>HL3 releases
>Can't live to the impossible expectations
>Massive suicide in the PC playerbase
I hope it happens soon
>>
They tried this with Dust 514, it turned out shit and got cancelled lol
>>
why don't fans just make HL3 themselves
>>
>>384677795
tl'dr
half life 3 won't come out and nobody cares at this point, it won't live up to hype even if it does
>>
>>384677795
I'd love to believe any leak of HL3 could mean Valve actually gives a shit about the franchise, but this violates one of the rules they themselves have said is core to the HL games:
"Gordon's experiences and the players' experiences are one and the same."
Doesn't really work if he's an NPC, does it?
>>
File: release-the-kraken-gif.gif (946KB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
release-the-kraken-gif.gif
946KB, 500x205px
>>384681782
>>
>all the writers have left
>Marc Laidlaw literally just said nobody was working on it when he left
>valve is making millions daily off of retarded people buying retarded skins

why the fuck would they waste any time on releasing a game that will never meet expectations and thus forever be known as a dissapointment and a black mark on the Valve name when they can just let it die and make money
>>
>>384681771
Shooting aliens in other dimensions? Basically something like Xen from HL1, but not sucking balls.
>>
>>384677795
TLDR; OP IS A FAGGOT AND HL3 DOESNT EXIST
>>
HL3 doesn't exist in any form. No one is working on it. Most people gave up on ever seeing it released a long time ago. Valve is not a game developer anymore. They're a game distributor who realized that there was more money to be had through Steam and in game cash shops. It's gotten to the point where there are more than a few people think "Steam" is the next of the company. Even of some kind of Half Life 3 were to release today, it would be Duke Nukem all over again. There's too much hype surrounding it and no matter what it wouldn't live up to the expectations.
>>
>>384682063
Yeah I have said this many times. We could have made about 5 HL3 in the time we've been waiting like a group of fucking idiots for these Valve kikes.

All we have to do is make a GitHub and start putting a plot together and the rest will follow.
>>
>>384677795
HALF LIFE 3
will
NEVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
NEVER
EVER
EVER
come out
>>
>>384677795
The Half-Life franchise is dead. At this point they're more likely to make a reboot than 3
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.